Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Phylodox posted:

So, did they show Barry visiting someone in prison? Are they doing the whole his dad was framed for his mom's murder thing again?

Again, yes just like the previous Flash cinematic movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If loving Jason Momoa is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Flash looks dope as HELL I love it

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Drifter posted:

Again, yes just like the previous Flash cinematic movie.

It was pretty thoroughly covered in the show.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Phylodox posted:

I haven't watched the show. It's nice to think there are others like me.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Phylodox posted:

a good plot beat is a good plot beat

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I've been meaning to watch CW Flash for a while, but I've never gotten the time.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

VJeff posted:

I was expecting Aquaman to be dour as gently caress so him actually being an awesome surfer dude is a pleasant surprise.

From that trailer, it honestly makes Aquaman seem like the best part of the movie.

As someone who doesn't know anything about the antagonists, that trailer didn't do anything to clear it up. They're hell demons made out of what looks like stone and steel? And the Justice League fights them in a blasted out hellscape?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I've been meaning to watch CW Flash for a while, but I've never gotten the time.

watch season 1 then stop imo, there's a sudden cliffhanger at the end but otherwise it's pretty self-contained and afterwards it becomes a loving mess

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I kind of love how vague the trailer is.

They still havent shown anything about Steppenwolf, Superman or really what the story is while the BvS trailers practically gave the entire film away.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

AccountSupervisor posted:

I kind of love how vague the trailer is.

They still havent shown anything about Steppenwolf, Superman or really what the story is while the BvS trailers practically gave the entire film away.

The first few BvS trailers were pretty vague too, it was the very last one, with Doomsday, that gave the whole goddamn store away.

I dunno if it can be overstated how badly that last trailer hurt BvS.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

yeah they're definitely saving evil revived superman or whatever they're doing with him for the last ten seconds of the next major trailer

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

VJeff posted:

The first few BvS trailers were pretty vague too, it was the very last one, with Doomsday, that gave the whole goddamn store away.

I dunno if it can be overstated how badly that last trailer hurt BvS.

It was the second to last trailer. The last one was really good.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Everyone's wish was granted and we're getting not lovely Aquaman. Praise be unto Snyder.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Ugh it starts off having fun but there's like three plot lines just over and over.

Secrets
Flash looses powers
Flash doubts himself

I got tired of yelling at the TV because every one in the show is completely stupid

Also I love Jessie L Martin looking directly at the camera and looking visibly defeated because he is now a supporting character on a CW show.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jose Oquendo posted:

Everyone's wish was granted and we're getting not lovely Aquaman. Praise be unto Snyder.

Machine gun Batman is best Batman.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Sucide Squad's trailer but with a budget. I will not be fooled this time.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Shneak posted:

Sucide Squad's trailer but with a budget. I will not be fooled this time.

You may have disliked Suicide Squad but you gotta admit you were entertained the entire time.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

AccountSupervisor posted:

Hopefully not an echo of how the Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer trailers were very very very careful not to let anyone realize that that series' shameful take on Dr. Doom was not only back but a major character in the movie.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Medullah posted:

MILES DYSON AT IT AGAIN

Lord help me I'm back to my old ways

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

How does Flash see where he's going? :flashfap:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks amazing - lots of effect work needs tidying up but otherwise the cast is great and looks amazing in motion. Even warming up to Cyborg.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jerk McJerkface posted:

You may have disliked Suicide Squad but you gotta admit you were entertained the entire time.

I wish that were the case. It was awful and boring much of the times.

I've loved every Snyder DC movie, though, and this one seems like it has characters who are gonna be cool, too. It may not be as challenging as MoS and BvS (could be though), but it looks to be very fun.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Barry Allen's dad in prison keeps the hope alive that we'll get a Flashpoint movie with Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Goddamn Batman. You don't hire name actors to play Ma and Pa Wayne without a reason, and especially not JDM for Thomas.

DC has pretty good trailers making me buy into the hype and I've been consistently unimpressed with the actual movies. Except now I'm feeling hope again for Wonder Woman and Justice League.

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on.. shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again.

Want to love these movies, though. Here's to hope yet again! Also even if this movie is a pile of steaming dog poo poo Momoa Aquaman is going to be aces.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Just want to point out that not only was Joe Morton cast as Doctor Miles Dyson, he was also cast as The Brother From Another Planet.

I'd like to believe that they are both foreshadowing and he's an Apokolips refugee. Maybe he's buddies with Scott Free

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mortanis posted:

Barry Allen's dad in prison keeps the hope alive that we'll get a Flashpoint movie with Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Goddamn Batman. You don't hire name actors to play Ma and Pa Wayne without a reason, and especially not JDM for Thomas.

It would own so hard if Snyder dressed Batman like Night Owl in one movie and then had The Comedian play him in another.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Grendels Dad posted:

It would own so hard if Snyder dressed Batman like Night Owl in one movie and then had The Comedian play him in another.

I mean, is he really dressed as Night Owl or is he just wearing goggles that aren't built-in lenses inside his cowl?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Snowman_McK posted:

I have defended Sucker Punch, and will continue to do so.

You were so preoccupied with whether or not you could, you didn’t stop to think if you should.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Also I love Jessie L Martin looking directly at the camera and looking visibly defeated because he is now a supporting character on a CW show.

When the main L&O series got cancelled I remember thinking "well there goes that guy's career". Shame really. My partner watches the Flash CW show and from what I've seen of it...uneven is probably a fairer descriptor than it deserves.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 25, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

When the main L&O series got cancelled I remember thinking "well there goes that guy's career". Shame really. My partner watches the Flash CW show and from what I've seen of it...uneven is probably a fairer descriptor than it deserves.

It's uneven in the sense that the first season is pretty good and every season after that could be reasonably charged in court for theft (of free time).

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I want to like the Aquaman scenes, but they stand out kind of like the "I thought she was with you" ones from the Batman v Superman trailer. Like, they'd be fine in a different movie, but just feel forced and inappropriate in the one they actually were in.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The most disappointing things in the Justice League trailer are:

1) Another movie with "Faceless CGI Baddie Army" as the primary villain that poses no threat at all for the heroes (with a bonus 99% chance of a "REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE CLARK!" climax)
2) The "jokes"
3) "Badass" Aquaman

The best things:

1) "Badass" Aquaman
2) Flash's effects look really good.
3) Batfleck is still great (this includes Bat-Spider Mech)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want Batman's next prophetic dream to star Cain and Abel. He has to choose if he wants to learn a secret of a mystery.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Man, comic fans get hung up on the weirdest things. Like an honest to god complaint about that trailer is "Why Flash's lightning isn't red?"

What the gently caress is wrong with people.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Surprised nobody mentioned Crudup as Flash's dad. That's two Watchmen as fathers of Justice League characters.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Just want to point out that not only was Joe Morton cast as Doctor Miles Dyson, he was also cast as The Brother From Another Planet.

Also the girlfriend's dad from The Pest :v:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DeimosRising posted:

I'd like to believe that they are both foreshadowing and he's an Apokolips refugee. Maybe he's buddies with Scott Free

If he is Shilo Norman, that would be sick.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Wonder Woman saying "they said the age of heroes would never come again" just begs so many questions.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
"I'm rich" was great, I really like Batfleck. I'm not sold on Cyborg but the shot of him breaking through the clouds was good. If the movie looks as good as Beavis I'll be satisfied with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

if someone could avatarize that Flash blue running sequence for me, there could be an avatar certificate/plat in their future :cool:

• Locked thread