Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

verbal enema posted:

How hard is Yakuza 0 on hard?

I don't think the fighting will be too tough does it affect minigames?

always play yakuza games with combat as easy as possible to prevent stress injury to the hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Play Yakuza games on Normal, unlock all the cool infinite ammo weapons, then stomp through the harder difficulties in NG+ and still get the trophies (except for Y0's Legend difficulty, but you have to beat the game once to unlock that anyway)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Real hurthling! posted:

always play yakuza games with combat as easy as possible to prevent stress injury to the hand

I need my hands

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Real hurthling! posted:

0 hasn't been too difficult with kiriyu's rush style, and majima's infinite use weapons trivializing every boss fight so far.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

And for anything too tough Zap Guns are ridiculous.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This game is tits

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ryoga posted:

0 hasn't been too difficult with kiriyu's rush style, and majima's infinite use weapons trivializing every boss fight so far.

diffilcult?

yer mashing buttons vs perfunctory identical enemies every other minute. its a lot of wear on the hand you save yourself giving them less health.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

unlawfulsoup posted:

Destiny 2, meh. The only thing I will say is the bar is still pretty low for console MMOs. The Division couldn't even manage a raid.
Aren't the Incursions the Division version of a raid? They have 4 of those, I think.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

I wonder if this time Bungie will manage to not gently caress up every aspect of their game that isn't directly related to being an fps. Every part of the mmo side of their mmo-fps was lousy and below mmo-genre standards and that should really be saying something.
The article I read a month or two ago made it sound like that they had actually played an MMO in the intervening time and aren't just guessing at how MMOs are designed again, are no longer using their rear end backwards Halo derived level editing toolset to build areas, and Activision is farming out content generation to their other studios Ubisoft-style. So at the very least it won't be totally devoid of content like Destiny 1 was. RIP to the people that want it to be less MMO like, though.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Sobering people up one fist at a time

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Crows Turn Off posted:

Aren't the Incursions the Division version of a raid? They have 4 of those, I think.

Pretty much all Division content is just shoot bullet sponges, calling any of it a raid is being pretty generous. More like slightly longer strikes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

homeless snail posted:

The article I read a month or two ago made it sound like that they had actually played an MMO in the intervening time and aren't just guessing at how MMOs are designed again, are no longer using their rear end backwards Halo derived level editing toolset to build areas, and Activision is farming out content generation to their other studios Ubisoft-style. So at the very least it won't be totally devoid of content like Destiny 1 was. RIP to the people that want it to be less MMO like, though.

They've been making it less and less MMO-like with every major update. At this point you can make a new character and reach max level just by playing through all of the single player content. The only old-school MMO-like poo poo in it is dealing with loot drops on raids which you don't even need to worry about unless you specifically want to play into that field of gameplay.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

verbal enema posted:

How hard is Yakuza 0 on hard?

I don't think the fighting will be too tough does it affect minigames?

Don't forget to equip the Charismatic Autobiography to make things easier on yourself.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Would strongly recommend playing Yajuxa 0 on easy. It's so long that you don't really wanna have to redo any fights.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Montalvo posted:

Any hot takes on Rain World?

Lakbay posted:

I've been reading Rain World reviews at work since I'm a sucker for those types of games and I know some people in here were interested. The TL;DR of the reviews is its a gorgeous game but the clunky controls and overtuned difficulty (randomly placed predators and food sources; awkwardly placed save points) hamper the enjoyment

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Policenaut posted:

They've been making it less and less MMO-like with every major update. At this point you can make a new character and reach max level just by playing through all of the single player content. The only old-school MMO-like poo poo in it is dealing with loot drops on raids which you don't even need to worry about unless you specifically want to play into that field of gameplay.
I don't see how that makes it less MMO like, what you said is true of pretty much every modern MMO

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I don't play mmos much so maybe I'm wrong, but as I understand it they do the same thing of making reaching the level cap easier as they add new content and increase the numbers of everything

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Wandle Cax posted:

In another useless inane comment, it's possible to compare games.

Goons kind of have a tendency to want to assert the One True Game for every niche, and compare games even when they barely have anything to compare (HZD and Nier both have...Action?)

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Paracelsus posted:

Don't forget to equip the Charismatic Autobiography to make things easier on yourself.

There is a special place in hell for people like you.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mycot posted:

Goons kind of have a tendency to want to assert the One True Game for every niche, and compare games even when they barely have anything to compare (HZD and Nier both have...Action?)

hzd and nier both have robot dinosaurs

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Better visuals has always been a huge reason to get a new console. Obviously lots of people agree with that based on PS4 sales.

sure, but for the people who don't agree that might be why they considered the ps4 launch line-up to be poor.

Morby posted:

With that logic, why upgrade your console or graphics card ever?

uh, I... Pac-man was the bomb!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

homeless snail posted:

I don't see how that makes it less MMO like, what you said is true of pretty much every modern MMO

In that case, Destiny Year 1 was worse than Vanilla WoW so even that jump to modern MMO is an improvement.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

verbal enema posted:

This game is tits

Oh god, it's so good. I don't know the last time I had this much fun with a game for so long.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Tamba posted:

Clearly the problem here is that he launched a singleplayer title. This wouldn't have happened with one of the party games.

What you don't want to pay $50-60 for a dumb minigame that should be a pack-in or at best $10-20?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RMK5QG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_goy2ybMGA3WE9

Amazon has PS + for $48

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

new Dark Souls 3 DLC runs like rear end on a base PS4 :argh::argh:

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

I missed that, thanks. Sounds like what I've been reading too; I'll give it a miss.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dark Souls 3 runs like rear end on a base PS4 :argh::argh:

Fixed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I can't imagine it's much choppier than the main game.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I don't suppose it's too much to hope the media player update added more codecs? Or just 4K file support?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah not happening when they're trying to push their streaming services etc

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

ahahhahaha

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Paracelsus posted:

Where do you even get that thing?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I just love how there is and always has been an equippable item called a charismatic autobiography in that series.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I can't imagine it's much choppier than the main game.

It is

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

This makes it the same per month as the "3 months free" deal Sony is offering in case anyone would rather buy from Amazon than try to use their credit card on the PSN

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just when I thought my backlog wasn't bad enough (taking a break from Yakuza 0 to play the new Dark Souls 3 DLC), this arrived in the post today, unopened:

:negative:
I'm weak. My friend has Automata on the way and he's gonna give me that once he's done.

Thank you Sony

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just when I thought my backlog wasn't bad enough (taking a break from Yakuza 0 to play the new Dark Souls 3 DLC), this arrived in the post today, unopened:

:negative:
I'm weak. My friend has Automata on the way and he's gonna give me that once he's done.

Thank you Sony

Have a fun time with Big Dad and his crew :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yikes. Well, I've played all the souls games on consoles so I'm a trooper when it comes to performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Yikes. Well, I've played all the souls games on consoles so I'm a trooper when it comes to performance.

Yeah I mean it's not exactly Blighttown