Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

porfiria posted:

I read the book and I still have no idea why Jesus of Nazareth isn't the main character. Like, seven versions of him or whatever.
I don't know why the Greco-Roman gods never showed up in the book, maybe Gaiman thought they were too popular and oversaturated?

They got Easter's look very spot on being plastic and fake looking because she has kept her youth and power by having her name be the basis for the Christian holiday of Easter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
People spoiler the weirdest things.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Guy Mann posted:

The poster's upside-down hahaha

I think it looks better the other way, actually.

Story of that Samson makes it deserve a better poster http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5252610/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

And that John Cena The Wall might be good? Liman's usually a good director and it's a serious story, though might be just another mideast war movie for the pile. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4218696/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

got any sevens posted:

I reckon it'd work well with two next to each other, one up one way and one up the other.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Harlock posted:

Walk the Line was... good?

Walk the Line's only real problem is that Walk Hard is such a targeted skewering of the whole genre, and Walk the Line is such an emblematic example of that genre, that it's difficult to take it seriously. Like how after you read how a bunch of musicians broke down crying during Spinal Tap and it gets to be a lot less funny.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hey, I remember that!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

got any sevens posted:

Story of that Samson makes it deserve a better poster http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5252610/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

And that John Cena The Wall might be good? Liman's usually a good director and it's a serious story, though might be just another mideast war movie for the pile. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4218696/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

The trailer explains that Cena and Johnson are a scout sniper team, Cena the sniper and Johnson his spotter, who end up in an ambush. Aaron Taylor Johnson is the main character, because the trailer also shows that Cena gets gut shot and may or may not die.

Also, it's could probably be described as Phone Booth in Iraq.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

I really like that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Leavemywife posted:

I really like that.

Not crazy about the logo but the poster itself is great.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Not crazy about the logo but the poster itself is great.

Do they make, or release, versions of the posters without the text and logos? I think that'd be a pretty cool phone background.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

porfiria posted:

I read the book and I still have no idea why Jesus of Nazareth isn't the main character. Like, seven versions of him or whatever.

It's been like 8 years since I've read it, but I distinctly remember the book stating that Jesus just decided to bum it in the middle east.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Leavemywife posted:

Do they make, or release, versions of the posters without the text and logos? I think that'd be a pretty cool phone background.

You can just take a black paint brush and colour over it - there is nothing around it.

e:

here..
i.imgur.com/67mZCvO.jpg?1

lol - wait - im on a poo poo monitor at work and yeah... but it's not too hard to colour match and take it out

e:

?

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 28, 2017

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Leavemywife posted:

Not officially but here's a great collection where someone did that with other posters:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ibs1o

http://imgur.com/gallery/iocQN

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

You can just take a black paint brush and colour over it - there is nothing around it.

e:

here..
i.imgur.com/67mZCvO.jpg?1

lol - wait - im on a poo poo monitor at work and yeah... but it's not too hard to colour match and take it out

e:

?

:swoon:

That's perfect! I'd buy you a beer if I could.

morestuff posted:

Not officially but here's a great collection where someone did that with other posters:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ibs1o

http://imgur.com/gallery/iocQN

And you as well. People talk about CineD like it's full of dicks, but you guys are cool.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Spoiler alert.

and apparently the scene you are joking about spoiling is going to be in the show. I for one can't wait for a love goddess to consume some poor shmuck in her vagina then watch the internet freak the gently caress out.

Also, that IT poster is great, but yeah, the logo needs work.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

"You'll float too" doesn't really sound that spooky out of context

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

morestuff posted:

I feel like "They all float" would have maybe been a better use of that particular speech, or alternatively "You'll all float"

drat, that poster has me excited for this film.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

morestuff posted:

I dunno, Modest Mouse scares the hell out of me

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Sir Kodiak posted:

I'd put Walk Hard above any of those, and the Jump Streets as at least as good.

"Black Dynamite" is fantastic.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

zandert33 posted:

"Black Dynamite" is fantastic.

Yeah it is. Surprised I forgot it.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

and apparently the scene you are joking about spoiling is going to be in the show. I for one can't wait for a love goddess to consume some poor shmuck in her vagina then watch the internet freak the gently caress out.

Also, that IT poster is great, but yeah, the logo needs work.

I'll wager the consumption-via-vagina happens under a sheet and will NOT fulfill my deepest fantasies

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Ammanas posted:

I'll wager the consumption-via-vagina happens under a sheet and will NOT fulfill my deepest fantasies

Given what Bryan Fuller got away with on network TV, it'll be interesting to see him unrestrained.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DrVenkman posted:

Given what Bryan Fuller got away with on network TV, it'll be interesting to see him unrestrained.

When the show was first getting underway Fuller mentioned having to talk to Starz about how many erect penises they could show on screen.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

When the show was first getting underway Fuller mentioned having to talk to Starz about how many erect penises they could show on screen.

*Bryan Fuller slams the table* Ya gotta give me five!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Every single one of those actors better be in a fight scene.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lobok posted:

Every single one of those actors better be in a fight scene.

I want Elton John to literally fire a rocket at someone.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

The MSJ posted:

His doomsday carpet-bomb device is hooked up to a keyboard for some reason

mousku
Jun 2, 2011
What is the denim jacket guy holding? A some kind of woven flashlight?

Parachute
May 18, 2003

morestuff posted:

His doomsday carpet-bomb device is hooked up to a keyboard for some reason

now im just imagining elton john piloting a magic carpet via piano kind of like the aliens in prometheus

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

mousku posted:

It's a whip.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I keep reading it as Casting Jobnet, which was the name of the job-searching service at my University. Every time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mousku posted:

A whip.
The handles are usually a metal rod wrapped in leather.
It does look like a jeweled buttplug, though.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Inzombiac posted:

A whip.
The handles are usually a metal rod wrapped in leather.
It does look like a jeweled buttplug, though.

Given how the first movie ended... maybe both?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mousku posted:

Channing Tatum plays a real american.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

The Rock already did that reference :) How is Colin Firth in Kingsman 2? Flashbacks?

That Water and Power documentary missed an opportunity by not getting Malcom McDowell to narrate.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

got any sevens posted:

How is Colin Firth in Kingsman 2? Flashbacks?

Eyepatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

got any sevens posted:

The Rock already did that reference :) How is Colin Firth in Kingsman 2? Flashbacks?

Identical Twin.