Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

nessin posted:

On the other hand you don't know how many survive on the Ark and you know the Krogan are safe and here. It makes sense to do what you did and while Drack's response is understandable it is way over the top.

Also lovely writing, granted it's a common theme across the entire series. The only reason that situation exists is because you leave 2/3rds of your team behind on every mission.

I was surprised by just how harshly Drack reacted given he'd been pretty even-tempered up until that point. I just made the decision because it seemed like at that point if I didn't we weren't going to have any of the original Pathfinders around and it seemed like we should try to keep one of them.

But with that said, at least in my playthrough, it seems like Drack got over it pretty quick because I did the Krogan stuff next and went out for drinks with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

escalator dropdown posted:

Hot take: Liam is the Sera of MEA
Impossible. Liam actually apologizes for his lovely fuckups.

(Everyone seems to be happy with Liam and his acting but I don't like it that much? Maybe I'm racist against British people? Or whatever that inflection is because it just sounds so off and monotonous to me. Like we're doing something super amazing and unimaginable and he's like. Gee Pathfinder. :geno: I feel thing. Say thing.)

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I feel like everytime I try and make a gun a laser that isn't remnant it comes out like poo poo and does poo poo damage

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm running a PAW 5 in my game and it's working pretty well. Pinpoint accurate at any range, limitless ammo as long as you don't hold the button down too long, and keeps me at 100% recharge while I do the majority of my damage with tech powers. That's all I ask of a gun as an engineer and the PAW does fine.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

I feel like everytime I try and make a gun a laser that isn't remnant it comes out like poo poo and does poo poo damage

That's not an accident, the Laser Beam augment is really hosed somehow. Like ALL laser weapons have very low damage output (to compensate for perfect accuracy and high fire rate, I guess, still seems like a bad tradeoff), but guns not designed for it that have laser beam attached have their DPS obliterated. I made two Hurricanes, one with Laser and one without, and the one with laser does 1/5th the damage of the other, while using the same amount of finite ammo.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I'm almost willing to bet someone else has had this bug happen and mentioned it already, but...

I just missed a platform in one of those vault jumping puzzles and it respawned me back on the ledge, but this time in the Nomad. Inside the vault. It's sorta great, but I can't do anything with it because of aforementioned platforms and small areas, etc.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Glenn Quebec posted:

Meanwhile anything with the electrical arc augment turns into a lightning chainsaw. Go figure.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

escalator dropdown posted:

Hot take: Liam is the Sera of MEA

Aw hell no. Liam is a Cool Bro Dude and 50 times better than Sera was.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Reclaimer posted:

It's not a scientific expedition, they're bugging out half-cocked because the fuckin' Reapers are coming. :cripes:

To be fair even though we "know" this because of our pre-existing metagaming knowledge it isn't actually revealed to a new player until pretty far into the main story.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BrianWilly posted:

Impossible. Liam actually apologizes for his lovely fuckups.

(Everyone seems to be happy with Liam and his acting but I don't like it that much? Maybe I'm racist against British people? Or whatever that inflection is because it just sounds so off and monotonous to me. Like we're doing something super amazing and unimaginable and he's like. Gee Pathfinder. :geno: I feel thing. Say thing.)

You know it :geno:.

His VA can't emote beyond shades of Dull Surprise.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I do hope Drack stays in the party in the likely event we get a sequel. He is the best Krogan. Wrex is just Canderous and Grunt I have no super strong opinions on. Drack is #1 Krogan.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You know it :geno:.

His VA can't emote beyond shades of Dull Surprise.

We must be hearing different things because when Liam says "you know it" I feel like he's about to crack up after holding a straight face and/or light up.

^gently caress yes Drack best Krogan. Sorry Wrex, you're out.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Liam seems to have slightly more personality than the Kaidan or Jacobs of the series but sorry dude, I hang out with aliens in Mass Effect and not humans

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
all the aliens are written and performed by humans so ur really just hanging out with humans, makes u think

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Liam seems to have slightly more personality than the Kaidan or Jacobs of the series but sorry dude, I hang out with aliens in Mass Effect and not humans

Zaeed and Kasumi were good :colbert:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

New vocabulary word: weeablue, noun, refer to: AS AN ASARI HUNTRESS I

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

doingitwrong posted:

I know the thread's decided that the writing in ME:A is bad and I know it's uncool to have feelings about pixels, but goddamn Hunting the Archon messed me up.
The part that got to me was the clinical yet contemptuous way the Kett were analyzing the Initiative species, picking apart the traits they considered desirable and deriding the traits they had no use for. It felt so...snide, so personal. It really brought the stakes home and made me feel intensely defensive of all my homies from the Milky Way. More importantly, it solidly showed that these Kett aren't some unknowable eldritch being, they're just self-important eugenicists. (Oh my god, they're THIS THREAD)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is what the Reapers should've been. It's what they almost were, in ME2; seemingly harvesting the most strongest genetics bits and pieces from the strongest race of the cycle to build on their own power and continue their own race. The narrative theme then becomes, well, the obvious and pedestrian theme of "You're forcefully imposing your will and homogeneity on our diverse cultures, but the unlikely unity of our diversity and individuality will defeat you in the end!" but the reason it's so obvious and pedestrian is that it totally works and works great. ME3 almost got there but then went so goddamn off-kilter it basically nuked the entire franchise from orbit. ME:A, however, steers the ship back on course and delivers on those goods.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Official Squadmate Pallin' Around Power Ranking

Top Tier: Drak, Liam
Good Tier: Jaal
Meh Tier: Vetra
Bad Tier: Peebee, Cora

Special shoutout to Lexi who manages to annoy every squaddie in new and inventive ways.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

"We're planning a trip to another galaxy in a spirit of peace and exploration."

"Oooh, let's bring a significant contingent of a species whose defining trait is their love of violence!"

I understand why they invited the Turians along (council species, violent tendencies are buried under control and deliberation), but they left the Batarians and Vorcha behind for a reason, I bet. Why take Krogans????

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Special shoutout to Lexi who manages to annoy every squaddie in new and inventive ways.

You can swap PeeBee and Cora to top tier if you're all in for biotics. Pure caster adept artillery works really well with those two.

Actually all the party members are what I would call "very good" with the only exception being Vetra who is a shooty assault rifle person which doesn't match Team Dragonball Z In Space.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 31, 2017

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Hahah

Mithrava: This is a sacred place, aliens are not permitted here

Ryder: My bad

Ryder: *puts a forward station in it*

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Cora's pretty handy because one of her abilities lets her restore Ryder's health (not shields).

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Respecced before the final mission, holy hell charge+annihilation+lance with the no c/d upgrade is just amazing.

Didn't even have to use my AK.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

I understand why they invited the Turians along (council species, violent tendencies are buried under control and deliberation), but they left the Batarians and Vorcha behind for a reason, I bet. Why take Krogans????

Krogan are still genophaged, so they're never going to be a dominate species. Also sometimes you bring a gun even if you don't want to use it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I would not want to play a Mass Effect without Krogans.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Rinkles posted:

I would not want to play a Mass Effect without Krogans.

:same:

I would like to play as a Krogan, though.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
:v: So I appear to be in a locked in romance with both Peebee and Jaal, which is but one of the many bugs I have recorded and forwarded to Bioware. Here's a glimpse of my two-for-one love.

Here's a short clip of the scene (no real spoilers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Z3rOAgDc8

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 31, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Transmogrifier posted:

:v: So I appear to be in a locked in romance with both Peebee and Jaal, which is but one of the many bugs I have recorded and forwarded to Bioware. Here's a glimpse of my two-for-one love.

"kill..meeeeeeeee"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
If I never played multiplayer and wanna do an apex mission with randos, will it be nbd to start off with silver, or should I stick to bronze? Never looked at my multiplayer guys or anything.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

DancingShade posted:

You can swap PeeBee and Cora to top tier if you're all in for biotics. Pure caster adept artillery works really well with those two.

Actually all the party members are what I would call "very good" with the only exception being Vetra who is a shooty assault rifle person which doesn't match Team Dragonball Z In Space.

Reclaimer posted:

Cora's pretty handy because one of her abilities lets her restore Ryder's health (not shields).

This is the "Pallin' Around" list. I don't care about any of their abilities except the ability to entertain me.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

If I never played multiplayer and wanna do an apex mission with randos, will it be nbd to start off with silver, or should I stick to bronze? Never looked at my multiplayer guys or anything.

I got my poo poo pushed in on silver. Then I made it 80% of the way through a bronze before my whole team died on the same wave.

It's grind or pay2win, my man.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

The Krogans wanted a new start and to not be violent thugs. They were not happy about being drafted to put down the mutiny, especially when they got screwed out of the promise of getting a political voice on the Nexus afterwards. That's why they left and settled New Tuchanka.

DancingShade posted:

We must be hearing different things because when Liam says "you know it" I feel like he's about to crack up after holding a straight face and/or light up.

The problem is that's the only emotion he has. I had no idea what the gently caress he was doing with Jaal aside from what seemed like an odd casual conversation between them until he explained it.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Holy poo poo, Im in Eleendeen and can't find where this Krogan Brenck goes after he asks to talk privately, the pointer doesn't help at all.

I am also having that problem. I am running around in circles. I know he said meet him by the fighting pits...but I seem to be missing the way down.

Also...I can't find any shield oscillator augments. I've researched them, have one for my present set of armor. I just want to make my new advanced stuff, dammit!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Start at Bronze (and make sure you open any free packs you have).

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
Does the FOV slider on PC only change non-weapons vision or am I missing something that should also let me change that? Because I like the wide FOV for exploring but suddenly going tunnel vision is a little weird when I need to start shooting.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If i stick for kinetic coils in my melee weapon will use get +12% to all weapon damage or just melee damage?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

I got my poo poo pushed in on silver. Then I made it 80% of the way through a bronze before my whole team died on the same wave.

It's grind or pay2win, my man.

gently caress
It is good advice to hold off on recruiting a second apex team until the first can beat silvers then. One team can easily do a day's tier by itself if you space them out correctly. So I guess I'm gonna reduce their growth even more by grabbing some bronzes for myself.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Lone Badger posted:

If i stick for kinetic coils in my melee weapon will use get +12% to all weapon damage or just melee damage?

If it's in your melee weapon then it's probably just for when you use your melee weapon.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Svanja posted:

I am also having that problem. I am running around in circles. I know he said meet him by the fighting pits...but I seem to be missing the way down.

Also...I can't find any shield oscillator augments. I've researched them, have one for my present set of armor. I just want to make my new advanced stuff, dammit!

I'm pretty sure you can get old augs back if you break the old item. Can't confirm because you can't break items you have equipped. Last time I played I was on that one planet at a research bay in non combat mode and wanted to upgrade my sword, but there was no way to swap it out or change loadout without blasting off in the ship so I just turned the game off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
So one area where this suffers in comparison to the trilogy is in scanning planets. In every system in ME/2/3 at least one planet in each system would have some cool fluffy story, like the one that's a Jupiter Brain or the one that has weird coffins floating in the atmosphere. I haven't come across one planet in ME:A with a similarly compelling backstory although this is likely in part due to most of the planets being unexplored or barely explored. Still, it's something I missed