Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

SniperWoreConverse posted:

gently caress
It is good advice to hold off on recruiting a second apex team until the first can beat silvers then. One team can easily do a day's tier by itself if you space them out correctly. So I guess I'm gonna reduce their growth even more by grabbing some bronzes for myself.

Do you normally start with one? I definitely had two, I'm guessing it was a preorder bonus or they gave me some mission credits at the beginning and I accidentally recruited one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure you can get old augs back if you break the old item. Can't confirm because you can't break items you have equipped. Last time I played I was on that one planet at a research bay in non combat mode and wanted to upgrade my sword, but there was no way to swap it out or change loadout without blasting off in the ship so I just turned the game off

You can change loadout at a forward station.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I'm pretty sure you can get old augs back if you break the old item. Can't confirm because you can't break items you have equipped.

Yeah I made a "dummy set" of level 1 armor to swap to so I could break down my old armor set whenever I want to craft a new set, to get the augments back.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Magil Zeal posted:

Yeah I made a "dummy set" of level 1 armor to swap to so I could break down my old armor set whenever I want to craft a new set, to get the augments back.

Thanks to both of you! I have plenty of kinetic coils but, man, I just can't find any more of the other!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

So one area where this suffers in comparison to the trilogy is in scanning planets. In every system in ME/2/3 at least one planet in each system would have some cool fluffy story, like the one that's a Jupiter Brain or the one that has weird coffins floating in the atmosphere. I haven't come across one planet in ME:A with a similarly compelling backstory although this is likely in part due to most of the planets being unexplored or barely explored. Still, it's something I missed

Planet Zorblarp has a long and interesting history that started little under a minute ago when Suvi sneezed on the radar as we discovered it and the initial smudge delayed scans.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Beat my first Architect, the one on Voeld. Died a bunch of times while figuring out what was going on, but ended up kind of easy once I figured out its pattern.

I'm guessing there's one in the main plot that I haven't gotten to yet because everyone, NPCs and Ryder, seemed to already know what it was and Ryder interfaced with it after beating it with no further ado or explanation. Instead of, say, going "Giant flying remnant squid thing!"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

Beat my first Architect, the one on Voeld. Died a bunch of times while figuring out what was going on, but ended up kind of easy once I figured out its pattern.

I'm guessing there's one in the main plot that I haven't gotten to yet because everyone, NPCs and Ryder, seemed to already know what it was and Ryder interfaced with it after beating it with no further ado or explanation. Instead of, say, going "Giant flying remnant squid thing!"

I don't think so. I just think the story was a mishmash of cobbled together things without really worrying about how they were supposed to be joined.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I liked Drack's one romance dialogue option:

"So... was that bar fight, like, a date?"
"No, there would have been a lot fewer witnesses and a lot more property damage."

Svanja posted:

Also...I can't find any shield oscillator augments. I've researched them, have one for my present set of armor. I just want to make my new advanced stuff, dammit!

I'll add in here: that aug doesn't count overheating as "draining a clip", so remnant weapons and vintage heatsinks won't trigger its effect. Super great chest aug though.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Start at Bronze (and make sure you open any free packs you have).

Just open your free packs, and vanguard away!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Hey goons, I've been running into the problem where my campaign is literally stuck on the mission to rescue th moshae. I can't talk to the guy at the resistance outpost on voeld. Has anyone found a way around the glitch yet?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've had 'can't talk to person' a few times. Move around a lot and keep turning until you hit the precise position and angle so the interact prompt appears.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The Lone Badger posted:

I've had 'can't talk to person' a few times. Move around a lot and keep turning until you hit the precise position and angle so the interact prompt appears.

It's not a bug, MEA doesn't let you sneak up behind people and startle them.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I was play infiltrator and I always kind of hate it.

Whats the best class goons?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Captain BangStab and his teleporting shenanigans.

Aka; Vanguard

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I followed the plurality build and respecced my Vanguard for Charge, Annihilation, and Lance. It's fantastic. (Offer only valid so far on Normal difficulty.)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I use Charge, Singularity and Overload myself. Only Charge is actually mandatory.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

A pull, throw and charge vanguard. It's the most fun I had by far. Throw enemies into the sky and charge at them. Pull enemies into the air then cause a biotic explosion with throw. Throw enemies at each other. Throw things that explode at enemies.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Captain BangStab and his teleporting shenanigans.

Aka; Vanguard

Close.

Captain BangStab the Adept is even better.

Charge/Annihilation/Lance every signle day cause massive chain reaction explosions.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Sentinel Profile with Incinerate, Overload and Throw specced in such a way that everything primes and everything detonates.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

This Engineer build posted here:

Frustrated posted:

The hornet is the best smg/pistol hands down for damage and accuracy. Its a gold weapon which is funny because the ultra rare eagle is literally the same gun but worse.

I'm about half way through and after not liking adept much at all early, I've broken the game at 36 just mowing through stuff on insanity by playing full engi.

Engineer is basically a better adept, and closer to the warp/throw adept of mass effect 3. It deals with everything using 3 skills, does massive tech/fire explosion damage, is fairly tanky, and with a few items can be played as a pure caster.

The only skills you need are overload, energy drain, and incinerate. Take all cooldown talents, take the priming talents for energy drain and incinerate, take anti shield for overload and energy drain and anti armor for incinerate. Now all of your skills can prime and detonate creating combos, you also easily strip shields and melt armor.

Fill out your passive trees making sure to get the 35% elemental damage buff, the omni tool cooldown talent, and the health regen at the end of team support. You now refill health every time you use a power.

Finally, I got the full angara guerilla tech set, the armor mod that gives 50% extra cdr in exchange for -30% weapon damage, and kitted out an ulshior V with 20% power damage with full clip, 2x 5% tech damage and 2x 5% tech skill recharge. Last I checked my 15 second skills recharge in under 6 seconds.

This is the most broken build I've come up with and even insanity is super easy now.

is an insanely good build. I've been playing around with this today and :allears:

Explosions everywhere!

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
Possible bug:

I'm playing new game+, and just returned to the Nexus after activating the Vault on Eos. I have noticed that none of the merchants in this play-through have had any weapons, armor or mods in stock? I also don't remember any of these items dropping from enemies or being in containers. I have found augments, salvage and raw materials on merchants and out in the world, though. Is there a trick I'm missing, or am I stuck with level VII weapon mods?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Cythereal posted:

Nope that's pretty much how the first one you're supposed to meet on Eos goes too.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Helith posted:

This Engineer build posted here:

is an insanely good build. I've been playing around with this today and :allears:

Explosions everywhere!

I play full engineer, too. Haven't felt the need to try anything else, yet. Finally filled up combat fitness and full assault rifle today. Maybe time to check out melee since I just found an Asari Sword :D

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

SubponticatePoster posted:

Things like that are great. It's
"I gave an Angaran smuggler top secret poo poo about us and the Nexus who then got abducted by pirates"
"I told you to do something that appeared harmless on the surface but created a goddamn stink instead of doing it myself so now the human Pathfinder looks like an rear end in a top hat."
"I never ask permission from you to do anything and it keeps exploding in my face, causing you to intervene to fix it"

that makes me want to throttle him.

Wait, where does Liam cause a diplomatic incident? He had me scanning an unfriendly merchant's goods on Aya but then called the whole thing off when I talked to him. Is it later in the game? I have done his loyalty mission but have not yet established outposts on Kadara and the Krogan planet

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Also Cora's easily the Jacob of this game. She has one trait and she never shuts up about it.

She also pronounces niche, 'nitch'.

Liam's more the Freddie Prinz character. Forgettable, but actually pretty good and fun if you bother to pay attention to them.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Frustrated posted:

Engineer is basically a better adept, and closer to the warp/throw adept of mass effect 3. It deals with everything using 3 skills, does massive tech/fire explosion damage, is fairly tanky, and with a few items can be played as a pure caster.

The only skills you need are overload, energy drain, and incinerate. Take all cooldown talents, take the priming talents for energy drain and incinerate, take anti shield for overload and energy drain and anti armor for incinerate. Now all of your skills can prime and detonate creating combos, you also easily strip shields and melt armor.
This is true. I've always been all about space wizarding in Mass Effect, but adept in this game is frustratingly bad compared to the other games. I respecced to engineer and the difference is night and day.

I personally thought overload was superfluous though, I use assault turret for my third skill. It makes a nice distraction, and can be traited to reduce your cooldowns further.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Also Cora's easily the Jacob of this game. She has one trait and she never shuts up about it.

Ugh, those people are the worst.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

tooterfish posted:

I personally thought overload was superfluous though, I use assault turret for my third skill. It makes a nice distraction, and can be traited to reduce your cooldowns further.

A charged Overload seems to stun multiple enemies even if they're protected which is quite nice, I tried dropping Overload for a while but ended up going back to it because I really noticed lacking the stun. Also Overload seems to prime targets for tech combos even though the text doesn't suggest that it does.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Liam's more the Freddie Prinz character. Forgettable, but actually pretty good and fun if you bother to pay attention to them.

Cora always has a smirk on her face. Not as an emotion, but as if it was her default resting face. It's a bit uncanny.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

Cora always has a smirk on her face. Not as an emotion, but as if it was her default resting face. It's a bit uncanny.

That would be part of Cora's dead eyed serial killer stare.

Those seeds you helped her plant in her future garden? Going to hide soooo many dead bodies later.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Magil Zeal posted:

A charged Overload seems to stun multiple enemies even if they're protected which is quite nice, I tried dropping Overload for a while but ended up going back to it because I really noticed lacking the stun. Also Overload seems to prime targets for tech combos even though the text doesn't suggest that it does.

I use it because it primes even if the enemy is still shielded, which most other powers don't.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Lone Badger posted:

I use it because it primes even if the enemy is still shielded, which most other powers don't.

Singularity primes anything too and unlike the previous games it sticks around long enough for you to set off about 3 push detonations before it fizzles out.

Of course if you evolve it to explode on expiration then there shouldn't be much left, if anything.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Singularity in ME3 multiplayer would prime everything too. Except on a 2 second cooldown, instead of half a minute.

Warp would prime anything full stop too. Why they removed that power I've no idea, it really hurts a biotic's ability to deal with anything but red bars.

The Lone Badger posted:

It primed like that in ME3 too, so I just assumed it did and used it accordingly.

I played with it like that for hours before I noticed it didn't have the little priming icon. :shrug:

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 31, 2017

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Random: playing the multiplayer made me wish the Ryders were Asari.

I need a Mass Effect game where you play as an Asari

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

dazoner posted:

Random: playing the multiplayer made me wish the Ryders were Asari.

I need a Mass Effect game where you play as an Asari

There's a reason Cora is a weeablue.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Rinkles posted:

Yeah noticed this too. "Your dad didn't make it. :mmmsmug:"

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I've been playing with Overload, Singularity, Push and it's pretty great. Both Overload and Singularity prime things so I can set off a lot of explosions. I'm giving squad mates every upgrade that says Prime or Detonate and the result is we are constantly setting off each others' combos. Incinerate on a backup profile for when there is a lot of armor in the field, but I am mostly killing those things with Scorpion sticky grenades.

I'm starting to max out skills so I picked up shockwave. It can both prime and detonate. So Singularity into Shockwave or Throw plus Shockwave into Throw goes boom boom boom. Next I want to try shield-stripping Pull.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Dumb UI issues that I haven't seen mentioned in the thread: Why is it impossible to zoom into the map? Sometimes there are quest markers on top of the forward station you want to fast travel to, and you have to move the mouse really carefully to capture that one pixel allowing you to select the station. That's super annoying, and I blame the consoles.

Please tell me I'm a big idiot and that I overlooked how to zoom.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Torrannor posted:

Dumb UI issues that I haven't seen mentioned in the thread: Why is it impossible to zoom into the map? Sometimes there are quest markers on top of the forward station you want to fast travel to, and you have to move the mouse really carefully to capture that one pixel allowing you to select the station. That's super annoying, and I blame the consoles.

Please tell me I'm a big idiot and that I overlooked how to zoom.

You use the triggers to zoom, dunno' what that is on M&KB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I just zoomed on the map with the scroll wheel?