Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
student loan reform for non-tech-startup types was originally thought up in "oligarchy and political control" by one putin, vladimir illyanich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Well poo poo, Donna Brazile wants our help? Sign me the gently caress up.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Tonight, on C-SPAM's Agents of SUCK...

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Nonsense posted:

It's loving Missouri, the Republican is gonna clobber her lol

she's gonna win

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
everyone found to be unwitting agent of everyone else. situation "completely hosed," says expert

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

docbeard posted:

Tonight, on C-SPAM's Agents of SUCK...
The Man From LMAO

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Bernie and warrens boston rally just started

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

she's gonna win

I dunno where Senate will go because I haven't seen the backlash against the media/Dems yet from these investigation stories. Hopefully it is true republicans go back to Bush 2006-08 stay home mode.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Zhulik posted:

Who even started the purity test meme? More importantly, how did they manage to spin the idea of wanting to elect officials that actually represent you into being bad?

What is even the alternative? Voting blindly for whoever happens to have a D by their name?
taking over 2 million in speaking fees from wall st straight into your bank account shortly before running for president was considered a purity test by goobers in the democratic establishment like barney frank lol

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lots of politicians talk about taking away Wall St.'s profiteering of he back of workers, but only Hillary has a proven track record of taking money away from Wall St.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Lots of politicians talk about taking away Wall St.'s profiteering of he back of workers, but only Hillary has a proven track record of taking money away from Wall St.

Trump has reigned in the excess profitability of some major banks in his day

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

got any sevens posted:

Doing better than ever, but rent control would help as well.

rent control should be a way bigger issue than it is right now

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

LGD posted:

Trump has reigned in the excess profitability of some major banks in his day

:holymoley:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

CrumFUNist! posted:

rent control should be a way bigger issue than it is right now

absolutely. unfortunately high rents benefits not just the rich but also bougie HENRYs that make up the core of both the Dems and GOP

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Keith Ellison's podcast had a good episode on the current housing crisis in America

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/wethepodcast/episodes/2016-08-08T08_59_57-07_00

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Just burn the overpriced condos down so the profiteers go bankrupt and the government has to step in and mass-produce affordable housing before they have millions of people on the streets with nothing to lose :commissar:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

[Content Note: bad, posting]

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ace of Baes posted:

Keith Ellison's podcast had a good episode on the current housing crisis in America

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/wethepodcast/episodes/2016-08-08T08_59_57-07_00

Per a Vanity Fair interview with him I read today (no link handy but I think it's really recent, got it off his Twitter feed), apparently he's starting up his podcast again pretty soon.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Main Paineframe posted:

all Dems are bad Dems

Reason 1000 that bernie is the best.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so i thought Suck Zone might appreciate this exchange between the LA Times and one of the Bernie Wing candidates for CA 34

LA Times posted:

Many of the candidates for this seat have said they support comprehensive immigration reform. If given the opportunity, would you work with President Trump and House Republicans on such a package and if so, name two requirements you’d have for that reform.

Wendy Carrillo posted:

“With all due respect, this question is absurd. It blatantly underestimates the racist, nativist attack that the Trump-led Republicans are perpetuating on our nation. This is a man who referenced Operation Wetback when talking about potential policy options regarding immigration. If elected, I will unapologetically call out their racist rhetoric and tirelessly defend immigrants on the floor of the House of Representatives, every day if necessary. I’ll also stand up to the unconstitutional Muslim ban and challenge the notion that banning entry from certain countries based on nationality actually makes us safer.”

overall im really pleased with the slate of candidates here. theres a couple Bad Dems, but the majority of them seem to have been clued into the new way of doing things. even the "Establishment" frontrunner is a guy calling for single payer and crackdowns on charter schools.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

she's gonna win

you said this about hillary

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paranoid randroid posted:

so i thought Suck Zone might appreciate this exchange between the LA Times and one of the Bernie Wing candidates for CA 34

that's some fine fuckin' praxis.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

overall im really pleased with the slate of candidates here. theres a couple Bad Dems, but the majority of them seem to have been clued into the new way of doing things. even the "Establishment" frontrunner is a guy calling for single payer and crackdowns on charter schools.

"This question is absurd" is a line that should be used in answering like 50% of TV political debate questions.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i read that poo poo and immediately decided to vote for her because, mwah, poifect. ab-sol-utely poifect.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Darkman Fanpage posted:

you said this about hillary

I'm a positive guy.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/pocbully/status/847964955143843840

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
The real reason Hillary lost:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/847883577266012161

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

we already know why she lost

cause she's an idiot and a loser

a russian pissgoblin stole her crown and i'm not particularly sorry for her cause she did not take him seriously at all

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Also the massive dumbing-down and underfunding of schools might be a cause of old views resurging. Another reason dems who aren't against charter schools should be guillotined.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

this number will probably get worse as more women do better in the workplace.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

lol if you dont want a success wife so you can hang out and play dad pranks on your kids 24/7

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
3) Do you agree with the following statement: I want a girl who will laugh for no one else. When I'm away she puts her makeup on the shelf. When I'm away she doesn't leave. The. House.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

The real reason Hillary lost:

and here i thought it was because she ran a poo poo campaign

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
as the economic interests of everyone are threatened, the group that sees their quality of life deteriorate while other groups gain traction in other ways may perceive that as zero sum.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:lol: as if any millennial could afford to support themself, let alone a spouse and children.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Rand alPaul posted:

:lol: as if any millennial could afford to support themself, let alone a spouse and children.

i dont think anyone under the age of 30 is going to be able to own a house unless their parents die or they're in the top 10% of household income

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

do democrats enjoy sucking

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

extremely good

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

anime was right posted:

i dont think anyone under the age of 30 is going to be able to own a house unless their parents die or they're in the top 10% of household income

lmao if you think that's stopping anyone from burying themselves in debt to get one anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Stairmaster posted:

do democrats enjoy sucking

As long as they get a nice big wad of money at the end

• Locked thread