Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Jack Chop Guy posted:

I like how your quote contained no drunken slurring at all

thank si liket o
mix it upa little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bilirubin posted:

Hopefully it will improve this terrible UI? Just UGH trying to figure out anything

the ui is indeed poo poo but welcome to bethesda, a company that hasn't gotten a ui even half-right right since morrowind

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Baloogan posted:

kokanee and diluted cider

Anchor Steam and rye

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

trump takes prosopagnosia pills

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
OTOH it's better to post once a week or so, or maybe once a year, and no one knows you so they don't quote you and maybe no one saw your post, but then maybe one time someone quoted your Steve Bannon joke or whatever and it makes you feel good before you go home from work and do the same thing with your spouse

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I took a look at the_donald and thats basically my entire family. Texas is pretty hosed up yall.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

financially racist posted:

the ui is indeed poo poo but welcome to bethesda, a company that hasn't gotten a ui even half-right right since morrowind

So why does this game get such nerd love? This is awful I see why I quit the first time

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i don't think they've ever gotten it right in any game

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
trump takes gorilla dipset pills but unfortunately his old bitch brain is too corroded by syphilis to be reforged into a platonic sphere like those of his redpilled cohort

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

So why does this game get such nerd love? This is awful I see why I quit the first time

it's a piece of poo poo but is also really well-written with a ton of variables for like everything

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

DogonCrook posted:

I took a look at the_donald and thats basically my entire family. Texas is pretty hosed up yall.

Yeah, I have a feeling next Thanksgiving is going to feel a little different

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its a piece of poo poo where you can nuke a bunch of roman legion-cosplaying slaver fash nerds off the face of the planet and then go play some craps

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bilirubin posted:

the writing is far and away the best of any game in the last generation. yes man alone makes the game worth it.

Yinlock posted:

i don't think they've ever gotten it right in any game

they got it partially right in morrowind but then there was the journal which was very poo poo

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
prolly said thsi before but if you like the whole "game accounts for every variable" thing age of decadence is pretty cool for atht

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Flavius Belisarius posted:

OTOH it's better to post once a week or so, or maybe once a year, and no one knows you so they don't quote you and maybe no one saw your post, but then maybe one time someone quoted your Steve Bannon joke or whatever and it makes you feel good before you go home from work and do the same thing with your spouse

ur the steve bannon joke guy?????

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
fuckin' lol

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guess what morrowind's sucked butt too but its peers were universally bad at the time so you dont remember that

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
New Vegas will forever get credit from me for setting you up to get an Evil Speech from the main villain and then giving you the choice to join him

orrrr you could go "yah sure kid" and then shoot him in the loving face halfway through the game

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Guess what morrowind's sucked butt too but its peers were universally bad at the time so you dont remember that

which rereg are u

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
you should play horizon zero dawn

its good

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh we're not talking about New Vegas, my bad

whatever my points stand

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

its a piece of poo poo where you can nuke a bunch of roman legion-cosplaying slaver fash nerds off the face of the planet and then go play some craps

you can meet the leaders of civilizations and put lit sticks of dynamite in their pants

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I can't ever play a game like that without choosing whatever option helps people save the dam that's powering the last hope of decent people because I'm a huge cuck or whatever. I miss games that started you out as the descendant of Erdrick, champion of light etc. etc. because they didn't make you feel like you're missing out for not taking a poo poo in the town well

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Solarin posted:

guys spicy ain't gonna last. I hope Steve Miller replaces him

hello thank you for coming to the press conference

today we are here to discuss the presidents executive order to make girls like me

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oh we're not talking about New Vegas, my bad

whatever my points stand

no we are you were right the first time

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

new vegas had a weird dude who made himself live for hudnreds of years and whose personality and appearance was based on howard hughes

new vegas is fuckin radical

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

New Vegas will forever get credit from me for setting you up to get an Evil Speech from the main villain and then giving you the choice to join him

orrrr you could go "yah sure kid" and then shoot him in the loving face halfway through the game

arcanum was pretty cool because at the end the bad guy was like "i want to destroy all life in existence" and you could be like 'gently caress yeah! let me help!"

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Bilirubin posted:

Plug through it long enough to get through at least one of the DLC's, I'd say. I really disliked New Vegas compared to 3 up until that point

Plus it's way harder to become an overpowered killing machine compared to 3 or 4

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

new vegas was cool i joined an elvis gang

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
new vegas other than the legion not being a really morally interesting option, probably has the most satisfying way of making your ending have consequences based on what you did

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

new vegas was cool i joined an elvis gang

yeah that was also great

do you use your one favor from The King to curry peace between his people and the NCR?

"nah i wanna be in yer club!"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Flavius Belisarius posted:

I can't ever play a game like that without choosing whatever option helps people save the dam that's powering the last hope of decent people because I'm a huge cuck or whatever. I miss games that started you out as the descendant of Erdrick, champion of light etc. etc. because they didn't make you feel like you're missing out for not taking a poo poo in the town well

dragon quest remains extremely good story-wise even though it tells basic good vs evil stories

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

TwoStepBoog posted:

so what's everyone drinking
im drinking mike's hard lemonade

Mama's Little Yella Pils.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YZJxYLoun7g

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

new vegas had a weird dude who made himself live for hudnreds of years and whose personality and appearance was based on howard hughes

new vegas is fuckin radical

life imitates art

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

new vegas gives you the option to set your intelligence to zero and then gives you hilarious conversation options
new vegas is best new fallout

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

ur the steve bannon joke guy?????

:circlefap:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Chunky Salsa posted:

Plug through it long enough to get through at least one of the DLC's, I'd say. I really disliked New Vegas compared to 3 up until that point

Plus it's way harder to become an overpowered killing machine compared to 3 or 4

until you get the glove with a shotgun attached to it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

new vegas is good but i've never finished it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

the Gothic series owned

• Locked thread