Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

its because nintedo charges higher license fees and cart production costs and requires that physical and digital cost the same

My Senran Kagura 2 physical copy says otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theres a perv corollary

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does anyone know what the online multiplayer will be like for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Can 3 or 4 people all play together on separate consoles over the internet?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

$30 for Cave Story in 2017 sounds like the worst April fools joke

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
My power went out for a few hours, so I got to try the console as a hand held for the first time in the hundred hours of played on it. Let me first say that when the power went out, Zelda instantly switched right over to the small screen, and I lost no time/data at all. It actually took me a few seconds to realize what had happened, since I could still hear the fairy fountain music, but my entire house was dark, and the screen was hidden by the dock.

As for the experience of actually using it in hand held mode... I was not impressed. The thing is wide and awkward to hold with the joycons on. I don't like the position of the right joystick, as my thumb naturally rests about an inch or two above it, so using it takes effort and doesn't feel comfortable. Having only one kickdown stand is bizarre, I'm not sure why they didn't include two symmetrical ones. I tried setting it up on my bed with the stand, but the 1 stand couldn't handle the softer surface of the mattress, while two definitely would have done fine.

I would be pretty disappointed if I bought this thing as a primary handheld device. I'm not a handheld person at all, so I don't really care, and in fact I had almost forgotten it could do this until today, haha.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

What else is good on switch. How long till arms/kart/etc. Im done with zelda now.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Bread Set Jettison posted:

What else is good on switch. How long till arms/kart/etc. Im done with zelda now.

some day the faithful will be rewarded with the most accurate emulation of super mario world ever created

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If you like BOI, you should just buy it now. That game is going to hold or go up in value because of the launch edition extras.

What is in the dock that makes the system more powerful on the tv? Is it something as simple as more power going into the system?

Also, lol at anyone who would pretend Wii U VC is better than it is. I loved it but it wasn't 100% perfect.

RCarr posted:

Does anyone know what the online multiplayer will be like for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Can 3 or 4 people all play together on separate consoles over the internet?

Yes, iirc on the Wii U you could get together with friends and play online. (I think just two from one console.)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just Indie stuff i guess

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

MK8 comes out at the end of May. It doesn't matter when ARMS comes out because it'll be bad. Subpar Mario Odyssey is aiming for the holiday window, so hopefully it won't get delayed.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
mario kart comes out end of april fudster

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
That's what I get for using Google and not Bing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i have only used the switch in handheld mode except for like, some very brief testing on the TV

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
What's a good 3rd party charger that won't blow up my system and has a long/non-stiff cable? Basically, completely unlike the included charger.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Spacebump posted:

If you like BOI, you should just buy it now. That game is going to hold or go up in value because of the launch edition extras.

What is in the dock that makes the system more powerful on the tv? Is it something as simple as more power going into the system?

Also, lol at anyone who would pretend Wii U VC is better than it is. I loved it but it wasn't 100% perfect.

Yes, iirc on the Wii U you could get together with friends and play online. (I think just two from one console.)

Nothing is in the dock. When the system detects it is hooked to power and tv it clocks into a higher CPU/gpu mode and increases fan speed.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Takoluka posted:

Binding of Isaac AB+ on Switch is not "shocking" at $40, considering it is $35.97 on Steam, is fully portable, and has the Afterbirth+ update that PS4 still doesn't.

Cave Story+ is different, because while it's basically a "console exclusive," it should not cost literally double the price of the PC version.

Nah it's a pretty rotten price. That game is old as hell. Cave Story is free on PC, too, if you don't need a bunch of dumb superfluous stuff with it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RCarr posted:

This was possible on Wii U so don't see why not for Deluxe. You can also set up private rooms and tournaments.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah but look it has box art and a manual, that's worth $30 alone surely.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bleh Maestro posted:

What's a good 3rd party charger that won't blow up my system and has a long/non-stiff cable? Basically, completely unlike the included charger.

Just google the digital foundry episode about it

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Buca di Bepis posted:

Nah it's a pretty rotten price. That game is old as hell.

The included expansions aren't.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

fast rmx is a good f-zero/wipeout-style racing game, blaster master zero is a pretty good retro throwback title, snake pass is an interesting take on a 3d sorta puzzle platformer, snipperclips is a good cute little local co-op puzzle game. there's not much else going on til mario kart later this month and splatoon 2 in the summer.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 3, 2017

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Megasabin posted:

Having only one kickdown stand is bizarre, I'm not sure why they didn't include two symmetrical ones. I tried setting it up on my bed with the stand, but the 1 stand couldn't handle the softer surface of the mattress, while two definitely would have done fine.

The kickstand is so goddamn flimsy. It feels like I'm breaking it every time I open it. It's narrow, short, has a very acute angle, and is offset to the side, so it's only really good on a perfectly level surface that's not too far below eye level. I don't know why they didn't just make it span the width of the tablet like on Microsoft's Surface Pro line of hybrids.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

parallelodad posted:

Yeah but look it has box art and a manual, that's worth $30 alone surely.

That bitter coating doesn't come cheap you know

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

404notfound posted:

The kickstand is so goddamn flimsy. It feels like I'm breaking it every time I open it. It's narrow, short, has a very acute angle, and is offset to the side, so it's only really good on a perfectly level surface that's not too far below eye level. I don't know why they didn't just make it span the width of the tablet like on Microsoft's Surface Pro line of hybrids.

It feels like an after thought, like the SD slot slid and someone said hey can we make it so this can support the devices weight so you could use it on a table?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

LethalGeek posted:

If you do any pc game stuff you can effortlessly use the pro controller there and be gone with Xbox's crap d pad

it has no analog triggers and the ds4 already exists and has a comprehensive driver/program for pc play

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Buca di Bepis posted:

Nah it's a pretty rotten price. That game is old as hell. Cave Story is free on PC, too, if you don't need a bunch of dumb superfluous stuff with it.

If you're arguing about CS, I agree with you.

If you're arguing about BoI, Afterbirth+ came out in January of this year.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Just google the digital foundry episode about it

Looking for wall charger not portable battery, but this does help.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The ds4 battery lasts like six hours.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Time to get ready to record my video for YouTube ::stuffs half a dozen marbles into my mouth, watches a few minutes of Will Farrell doing a Harry Caray impersonation::

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Modus Pwnens posted:

Time to get ready to record my video for YouTube ::stuffs half a dozen marbles into my mouth, watches a few minutes of Will Farrell doing a Harry Caray impersonation::

You know that guy is partially deaf right?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

parallelodad posted:

if you're using a controller at your pc you're probably close enough to just plug it in.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

parallelodad posted:

I would be happy if he was fully mute.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

parallelodad posted:

it is an actually functioning pad however

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I would be happy if he was fully mute.

what the gently caress is your problem

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Why is arms gonna be bad? Looks like fun to me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Andre has a speech impediment stemming from a physical disability and the first thing anyone posts on any social media or YouTube comment thread whenever he does a video is "LOL look at this stupid guy's voice" and its really lovely.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

parallelodad posted:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

goons get incredibly weird about people's voices all the time and idgi

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Why is arms gonna be bad? Looks like fun to me.

It's gonna be good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

parallelodad posted:

Go outside and play with parallelson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ha ha, it's so bad rear end to make fun of people's disabilities.

• Locked thread