Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lube banjo posted:

Why desperation on a glass cannon like kagero? She shouldn't be taking damage enough to use it right?

Even fragile characters can usually take a single hit. Desperation turns them into instant kills on everything after that.

You can also use something like ardent sacrifice to activate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Philip Rivers posted:

I hit 4525 with high rolls on my Nino/Eirika/Azura/BChrom comp which puts me at around 8k on the ladder. Is there a way I push into top 5k without hitting whale territory? Replacing Azura with Effie is probably way too much and I don't wanna lose my dancer. I'll probably put Fury 2 on Eirika (no Hinatas but lots of Bartres) and see where that gets me.

Fury 3 on just my Lucina with the rest of my team being Abel/Hector/Michalis gets me over 4610 and that's enough for top 2000 in my experience.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Lube banjo posted:

Why desperation on a glass cannon like kagero? She shouldn't be taking damage enough to use it right?

Desperation is great on someone like a +spd Kagero because due to how many Mages are running around. Very few Mages have higher speed than a +spd Kagero (in fact the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Nino.) And 35 is fairly respectable coupled with Fury bumping it to 38. Kagero should be able to fall into Desperation territory naturally with Fury or even one Mage fight. Afterwards (assuming you run a Speed Aura (Which you should. Always.)) It would bring her up to 42.
(!!!) Effectively allowing her to outspeed just about anything and everything that isnt a Sword Lord, Nino or otherwise.

Kagero becomes much less of a glass cannon when you take into account her, quite frankly, absurd Resistance stat. Which Fury would bring up to 28 to 34 depending on if she is -RES or not and her defense up to 22-25. Contrary to popular belief Kagero can take a hit, Fury only guarantees it.

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 10, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Philip Rivers posted:

I hit 4525 with high rolls on my Nino/Eirika/Azura/BChrom comp which puts me at around 8k on the ladder. Is there a way I push into top 5k without hitting whale territory? Replacing Azura with Effie is probably way too much and I don't wanna lose my dancer. I'll probably put Fury 2 on Eirika (no Hinatas but lots of Bartres) and see where that gets me.
You will need fury 3 on two characters probably. The general rule of thumb I use for myself is to get as close to 640 base stats (before weapons) as possible. With weapons it comes out to be like 690'ish.

And yeah things are more competitive this week. I wouldn't bother in your position since they are changing arena this week (probably).

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

When I think of a glass cannon I think of someone like Hana at 18 Defense and 21 Resistance when LnD is up. Even she can take at least one hit as long as it isnt a Blue. Kagero doesnt have the issue of natural counters to boot. She is much tankier than meets the eye when you throw the right abilities on her.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I can't wait for the rebalance to throw Fury-users down a few grades. The tears will be hilarious.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fury is still one of the best skills in the slot, even if the BST is less of a concern

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Andrast posted:

Fury is still one of the best skills in the slot, even if the BST is less of a concern

I had 3 arena matches yesterday where one of my characters survived with exactly 1 HP before the fury damage kicked in. It's really good for improving survivalability for no-death runs.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Doubt there will be many tears. Everyone has lots of feathers now so the drive to do higher tiers of arena is kind of fading. Fury basically just let you hang in the minor whale tier without spending big bucks.

And ya it's still the best A skill for a lot of people.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Doubt there will be many tears. Everyone has lots of feathers now so the drive to do higher tiers of arena is kind of fading. Fury basically just let you hang in the minor whale tier without spending big bucks.

I need like 200k feathers to do all the things I want to do

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ya I meant to say the feather income is much better now than launch, derpy me

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Philip Rivers posted:

I'm at 4538 with the exact same team (Fury 2 on Bunny Chrom, Fury 3 on Nino) and after a few deathless runs with no improvement I've given up on ranking higher. Putting Fury 3 on Nino already put me up against some teams with +10 units (all of them were focus units, so probably legit) and arena changes are coming up really soon anyway.

Also, either competition is really tight at 4500+ or your score hasn't updated yet, because mine is barely higher than yours but I'm ranked at 6527 currently.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

I'm at 4538 with the exact same team (Fury 2 on Bunny Chrom, Fury 3 on Nino) and after a few deathless runs with no improvement I've given up on ranking higher. Putting Fury 3 on Nino already put me up against some teams with +10 units (all of them were focus units, so probably legit) and arena changes are coming up really soon anyway.

Also, either competition is really tight at 4500+ or your score hasn't updated yet, because mine is barely higher than yours but I'm ranked at 6527 currently.

The jumps between scores are really high when you get into the 4500+ scores

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm gonna give my YTiki lightning breath and g tomebreaker and never worry about nino again

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
How functional would an all-armor team be if you were kitted out for it? I've got Hector and Effie, and I'm intending to add Zephiel to the squad once he's out. If I give them all Pivot/Swap and like Goad Armor/the defense equivalent and had Azura backing them up could it work? I like my walking tanks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LightningSquid posted:

How functional would an all-armor team be if you were kitted out for it? I've got Hector and Effie, and I'm intending to add Zephiel to the squad once he's out. If I give them all Pivot/Swap and like Goad Armor/the defense equivalent and had Azura backing them up could it work? I like my walking tanks.

Did you not do the 10th stratum armor quest last month? Using an all armor team is extremely annoying.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I had a perfect run until I accidentally suicided my palla into a 2hp blue dude seeing if I could save a turn killing hector by prepping moonbow. Had to sacrifice another dude to kill Hector.

My previous run I had 1 death until I double tapped trying to change the selected unit.

Confirming every single move is too cumbersome, I just wish I could disable doubletap. I use End Turn if I want someone to not move. Why do I need to be able to lock one of my own dudes out of taking a turn?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Oh and some kinds of terrain can be smited over and others can't. Why can I smite someone over a mountain but not a column?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

kaschei posted:

Oh and some kinds of terrain can be smited over and others can't. Why can I smite someone over a mountain but not a column?

Because you can't fly over columns but you can fly over mountains

makes perfect sense

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I just finger drag and never confirm anything personally.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Andrast posted:

Did you not do the 10th stratum armor quest last month? Using an all armor team is extremely annoying.

Dancers + movement skills make it much less infuriating.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LightningSquid posted:

Dancers + movement skills make it much less infuriating.

It's still terrible

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'd be concerned about the lack of ranged damage but distant counter a dancer might be able to compensate.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
YTiki with lightning breath+, a defense boost, and G tomebreaker 3 can lure those annoying-rear end Eirika+Nino formations, killing Nino in the process even if Eirika attacks first. If I give her defense+3 as well then I have some insurance for if Eirika is +atk or has some merged levels.

It's gonna take a lot of SP but hell she's had a hard life she deserves it

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It's too bad adult tiki straight misses 5 stats over young tiki, she'd save you SP by having native lightning breath.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rascyc posted:

It's too bad adult tiki straight misses 5 stats over young tiki, she'd save you SP by having native lightning breath.

She could do this job pretty well actually since YTiki is doubled by Eirika anyways and relies on G Tomebreaker vs Nino. She'd probably actually come out ahead because she trades less res for more def (important since Eirika is doubling her and Nino isn't) and has more attack (so Eirika is lower).

It'd require me to pull an ATiki though so

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'm kind of tempted to 5 star my tiki just to feed ytiki lightning breath+ and make her good again but that's so many feathers :gonk:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elyv posted:

I'm kind of tempted to 5 star my tiki just to feed ytiki lightning breath+ and make her good again but that's so many feathers :gonk:

Honestly you should probably spare her the existential crisis

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rascyc posted:

For bait units yes but brave weapon/blade tome users would get more out of other skills if BST weren't a concern.

If there were defence-only versions of death/darting blow, or a Def/Res version of Life & Death, I'd never touch Fury.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, I'd like increased defenses on receiving attacks skills.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dear team camilla,
gently caress you then. I'll use my own colorless to get my flags.
Goodbye, sweet team captain bonus.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Alrighty, I just started playing a couple of days ago, so at the stage of being stupid poor on all vital resources. From my first few pulls, I got a 5* Subaki, 4* Nowi, Lachesis, Selena, Cecelia Sheena, a bunch of 3*s and a two 4* copies of a small, androgynous child that turns into a giant chicken. Since s/he has all three levels of renewal available, I figured I'd use the weaker one on the inheritance-thing. I was thinking of either giving it to Gunter to turn him into a roving tank that eats the enemy's backline, or Sharena to match a build I saw on the wiki. Is either a good idea? Also, am I right in assuming you don't have to train the skill to the unit being consumed for it to be inherited?

Because I am dirt loving poor on the basic things, once the event ends I will have barely enough to promote one of my 3*s. The top candidates right now are Gunter, Frederick (who unless I'm missing something is worse than Gunter in every single stat), the three doofs you get for playing the prologue, Oboro, Virion and... Wrys (oh god why did I train him to lv 20 now he's standing in my castle talking about my hair :gonk:).

Is there any use for lower * variants of characters you already have other than merging them for SP?

Oh, and is Haar in this game yet? I want Haar.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only tellius character in is sanaki

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Ultimate nuke is ready.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
With this big windfall of feathers I'm getting tonight, I plan to inherit Fury 3 from Hinata onto Olivia and Threaten Defense 3 from Michalis onto Effie. The former to help offset Olivia's dancer BST and help her be a more effective Hector counter while avoiding the one-shot risk that comes with something like Triangle Adept, and the latter because I can't think of anything better to give to Effie's C slot. Someone please stop me if one or both of these are terrible ideas

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Keep in mind bst won't be used for match making anymore soon.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
For real? I thought it was just going from "the only factor" to "one of several factors"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jenny Angel posted:

For real? I thought it was just going from "the only factor" to "one of several factors"

It's this pretty sure. The main points are that star rank and bonus levels will be factored in separately rather than just focusing on the stats they provide, stat-boosting skills like fury won't directly affect the BST matchmaking, and number (or quality?) of inherited skills will change your matchmaking.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I just got Spring Xander. Any advice on how to make him useful for any cavalry quests/hijinks, as my existing cavalry options are: Peri, Frederick and Eliwood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

AradoBalanga posted:

I just got Spring Xander. Any advice on how to make him useful for any cavalry quests/hijinks, as my existing cavalry options are: Peri, Frederick and Eliwood.

He's really bad. His base attack of 25 is 5th lowest in the whole game, and only one of the heroes with lower attack also has lower speed. He can soak up hits pretty well but there's really no sense in trying to build him to proactively accomplish things