Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Apropos of nothing, I was incredibly disappointed to find I couldn't take Jordan Cross' USB drive and plug it into the recording studio's sound system so everyone could hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

horse mans posted:

Apropos of nothing, I was incredibly disappointed to find I couldn't take Jordan Cross' USB drive and plug it into the recording studio's sound system so everyone could hear it.

Oh man that would have ruled. I'd love for a future hit to basically shame a target into suicide.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
"Look Daniel! She's nice!"
Can someone link me to a custom contract so I can kill this woman with her shrieking voice :) I'm tired of hearing that everytime I play the Showstopper.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Discendo Vox posted:

That guy's Eugene Cobb, a Herald and a bank director who was the SC's first known target. His plane went down, but his body was never recovered. Everyone who's mentioned him believes he's dead, but is portrait isn't crossed off in the shelter...
The plane was taken down with a breaching charge, a fire extinguisher, and a few coins.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The plane was taken down with a breaching charge, a fire extinguisher, and a few coins.
He has all of 47's skills.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Nakar posted:

He has all of 47's skills.

Well, at least we know he can't win a dance-off.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Just did The Mallory Misfortune to 100% Colorado. Holy poo poo that was nuts.

Guess I'm committed to doing all the escalations now.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Discendo Vox posted:

That guy's Eugene Cobb, a Herald and a bank director who was the SC's first known target. His plane went down, but his body was never recovered. Everyone who's mentioned him believes he's dead, but is portrait isn't crossed off in the shelter...

Ahhh shame, I guess the Yorkshire-looking hunter three in on the second row must be the Hull target then :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jordan Cross is probably the easiest assassination in the game, wow. No need for any opportunities or anything - just get a few coins, sneak up to his floor, and lure him away - no guards to take care of, no security to navigate, just... coins, and then he's alone near a closet you can stuff him in.

And I know Ken Morgan is easier, but honestly his just feels like I'm cheating. Bangkok, why are you such an easy level....

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Mister Adequate posted:

Ahhh shame, I guess the Yorkshire-looking hunter three in on the second row must be the Hull target then :v:

Yorkshire hunter is Alistair Beldingford, a target from Contracts. he dead.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

StrixNebulosa posted:

Jordan Cross is probably the easiest assassination in the game, wow. No need for any opportunities or anything - just get a few coins, sneak up to his floor, and lure him away - no guards to take care of, no security to navigate, just... coins, and then he's alone near a closet you can stuff him in.

And I know Ken Morgan is easier, but honestly his just feels like I'm cheating. Bangkok, why are you such an easy level....

I found it hard because I always over complicate things and have, until re-starting the game, underestimated the power of the coin.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

julian assflange posted:

I found it hard because I always over complicate things and have, until re-starting the game, underestimated the power of the coin.

I feel this - my number one issue with every runthrough at this point is keeping my self-control up so I don't go and smack every person I come across. Have a dude leaning against a balcony? - It wasn't me, officer, 'twas the devil's hands who pushed him off! (basically I find the game more fun when it's constant, shifting chaos with piles of bodies - even if sneaking is more efficient and faster)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

julian assflange posted:

Same. I started bringing the lock pick instead of coins. Should probably swap the garotte for coins, since I almost never use it anyway.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The sound of a penny dropping two rooms away, the sirens' song, temptation itself

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

The sound of a penny dropping two rooms away, the sirens' song, temptation itself

I once cleared out everyone around the guard post in Bangkok through the magical power of throwing a coin outside a hotel room, then stealthily opening the doors and throwing another coin in. Not a single person could keep themselves from picking these coins up, even though everyone in the hall kept magically disappearing.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

StrixNebulosa posted:

I once cleared out everyone around the guard post in Bangkok through the magical power of throwing a coin outside a hotel room, then stealthily opening the doors and throwing another coin in. Not a single person could keep themselves from picking these coins up, even though everyone in the hall kept magically disappearing.

You don't become a billionaire by not picking up all the money you can find!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I honestly dislike Bangkok because it seems much buggier than other levels, including with coins. The sound technicians on the map have a tendency to appear in large groups that seem to make sneaking past them a nightmare.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I honestly dislike Bangkok because it seems much buggier than other levels, including with coins. The sound technicians on the map have a tendency to appear in large groups that seem to make sneaking past them a nightmare.

Huh. I haven't had problems with this at all - make sure they aren't looking your way, and crouch on past. (At least, the two groups I've specifically had to sneak by: the ones by the guard command post, and the group in that one room near the balcony, who open up the opportunity about the note.)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

On SASO Jordan cross is probably the single hardest target to assassinate, so I guess difficulty depends on playstyle.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The new Elusive Target really didn't work for me. It took me a long time to find him, it took me a decent amount of time to distract his tail, and then the dude bugged out and wouldn't go through the basement. So I ended up sniping the speaker from the Pile Barge only to find out that's what everyone did.

I really liked the concept A LOT but the execution sucked.

Does anyone have a video of helping the dude succeed at his mission/interview so I can see what I missed?

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 12, 2017

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

and then the dude bugged out and wouldn't go through the basement.
How did he bug out? From what I could tell, 47 counts as a "guard" in regards to his behavior, so if you didn't stay out of sight he'd either not go down there, or go back up if he was "caught" by 47.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Blasmeister posted:

On SASO Jordan cross is probably the single hardest target to assassinate, so I guess difficulty depends on playstyle.

It's really just getting up to Jordan that's a pain. If you can get around behind his recording booth and get the two sound crew dudes out of the way with some well placed coins, then you're golden. The route isn't especially hard either, as long as you're careful about making sure some folks are turned around before making your move.

If you really wanna be cool, do a SASO run of the opportunity where you get his flash drive.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
SASO on Professional Bangkok is pretty annoying. Morgan's as trivial as ever and the route to Jordan is the same but you have two bodyguards constantly going in and out of the bathroom. I suppose the cake topper remains an option but that requires some ballsy reset-heavy distractions to get it right.

SASO Colorado is also a pain mainly because it's just pretty option-limited. You kill Parvati with the hay bale or oil tank or you kill her at the generator, and you kill everyone else in and around the farmhouse because it isn't worth sneaking around to do anything else, especially on Professional, and you have to go to the farmhouse anyhow.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Bangkok bothers me because of the layout of the hotel. The adjoining roof feels like it could be so much better designed/accessible. As it is, 90% of the time I'm running up one tower, then down, then across, then up, over and over again.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Nakar posted:

SASO on Professional Bangkok is pretty annoying. Morgan's as trivial as ever and the route to Jordan is the same but you have two bodyguards constantly going in and out of the bathroom. I suppose the cake topper remains an option but that requires some ballsy reset-heavy distractions to get it right.

The chef stationed to watch the dishes so they don't get poisoned can't see through the counter. Even if he's looking straight at you, poison away.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
SA'd the ET. It was an OK one, but I'm almost to the point of being completely burned out by Paris. I got him in the basement.

I planted a pistol near the basement entrance next to the main stairs to get his bodyguard tail to go away, where I subdued him by the gun crate. A simple matter of waiting for the target to come downstairs, poison syringe, done.

On an unrelated note, it feels really weird to play Hitman on a Steam Controller again after having spent the last few weeks obsessed with Zelda on the Switch. I kind of had to relearn how to play the drat game for a few minutes, heh.

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone got any advice for doing Pro SASO on Sapienza? I've pretty much got the soup kill down (I don't know why I didn't just go with the video tapes but my one save is in the kitchen now), I'm just trying to work out the best way to deal with the lab under the assumption that I can kill De Santis with a stalactite after I use the dongle. Better to use the breach charge or go in through the observatory? I figured getting SASO's out the way first would make things less frustrating in the long run, jury is out on that one!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Fneeb posted:

Anyone got any advice for doing Pro SASO on Sapienza? I've pretty much got the soup kill down (I don't know why I didn't just go with the video tapes but my one save is in the kitchen now), I'm just trying to work out the best way to deal with the lab under the assumption that I can kill De Santis with a stalactite after I use the dongle. Better to use the breach charge or go in through the observatory? I figured getting SASO's out the way first would make things less frustrating in the long run, jury is out on that one!
Alternatively, if you're already in the house, you could just drop the virus in her office.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wait, you can enter the lab from the observatory? I always go through the garage or blow up that one wall.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

shut up blegum posted:

Wait, you can enter the lab from the observatory? I always go through the garage or blow up that one wall.

Yup. It's remarkably safe, though there are a couple cameras added on Pro.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
There are cameras on the ground floor and right above the basement door, but other than the one guard who comes in and out of that side entrance near the kitchen (on every difficulty), the two guards on the top floor/roof (Pro-only), and Silvio's own bodyguards, nobody comes in there. The only things to be careful of taking that entrance are the garage scientist who eventually comes downstairs via the long tunnel and the two guards (only one on Normal) on the top of the cliff thing. Take out those two guards and getting rid of the virus and Francesca should be simple.

The cleanest way to deal with her though is to either Fiber Wire her in her office when her guard moves away across the room and stash her immediately, or use the Virus Prototype for a Poison Kill. She also drops a Biolab Keycard which lets you avoid having to hack or blast open any doors; the Biolab Keycard in Silvio's study at the Observatory is not there on Professional, though if you have the Laptop Dongle then the female Lab Tech already dropped hers.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

That entire wing is a pain in the rear end and I frequently get techs and housekeeping staff spotting stuff happening on the levels below and often they'll just see crimes happening in the basement with their xray vision too.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Alternatively, if you're already in the house, you could just drop the virus in her office.

Does she need to be present when you drop the virus or can you do it anywhere you know she'll eventually walk to?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Hobo Clown posted:

Does she need to be present when you drop the virus or can you do it anywhere you know she'll eventually walk to?
You have to throw it close to her I think, it basically sends out a pulse when it breaks and if she's in the radius she dies of poison. Any other NPC will just treat it as if it's a thrown soda can that broke or something.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Its basically a reskinned nitroglycerin isn't it? I've never tried it myself, but you could probably trap the door to her office in the same way as you can use nitro if you don't want to be around for the kill personally, though you'll probably end up taking out a guard or two with her that way.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

It's closer to a portable electrified puddle, except only De Santis can trigger it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's closer to a portable electrified puddle, except only De Santis can trigger it.

This is a really good explanation. It's basically a freely (but somewhat imprecisely) placeable kill zone that only kills her if she ever wanders into it. You can set it up and, as long as it's in her path, she'll die at some point without any further interaction on your part.

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
I had no idea the virus sample was a thing (been mostly playing for unlocks, not looking to 100% every challenge even though you have to on Pro), this game is really amazing with the details. If I had one wish though it'd be for a second save, the amount of times i've turned the oven off rather than using the poison or had a guard look just the right way to see the flying crowbar gets a bit frustrating but I don't want to have to make the run down to the church to grab the dongle every attempt!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Mondian posted:

Its basically a reskinned nitroglycerin isn't it? I've never tried it myself, but you could probably trap the door to her office in the same way as you can use nitro if you don't want to be around for the kill personally, though you'll probably end up taking out a guard or two with her that way.
It can't kill anyone but her (that's literally what Silvio designed it to do) so it's perfectly safe. I've thrown it at her while she's got like 3 people near her and only she will die. The object itself is perfectly harmless (it will break on contact with something but it can't hurt anyone) so if it can be auto-broken like nitroglycerin when it falls off something it should still be totally risk-free to use. It's basically the best assassination item in the entire game because it is outright only capable of killing a target no matter the circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I literally just did SASO Pro Sapienza last night, so here's the method I hit on that seems fairly reliable. I'll spoiler it in case people want to figure it out themselves.

Start with the Krugermeier, Lockpick, Breaching Charge and whatever you want in the safehouse, think I brought coins but there's enough on the map you can bring what you want - the Baton might be a good pick. Wander around the safe areas hoovering up items, then head to the church and hide in the morgue until the scientist comes. Knock her out and get the dongle + keycard, then head over to the weak wall. Blow it with a breaching charge when no-one's looking and scoot around to the hut with the camera recorder. Lure one guard out with a coin and hit him with the crowbar, stuff him in the container behind the hut (don't worry, the guard up on the ledge can't see you around here). Open the door to the hut and pop the recorder with the Krugermeier, then lure the scientist on the roof down with coins and make him join the guard snoozing in the crate. Shimmy up the pipe and knock out both guards up there once they're facing away and stuff them in the wooden box. Go back to the top of the hut, activate the dongle and wait out the search, then go back up the pipe. This is where I saved. De Santis shows up, drop a stalactite on her as she goes up the steps to the lab building. The stalactite won't show up in instinct from the ledge but you can easily hit it even with the krugermeier. After a few minutes, her guards will leave their position on the topmost ledge, allowing you to go past up the stairs to the observatory. Deal with the one guard on the inside balcony, then use the vhs tape as normal to get Caruso alone. Avoid the temptation to hide as the plague doctor because you're doing this suit-only. Leave via the same route you came in.

I'm sure it can be improved (there's a lot of waiting around), but it's decently safe from RNG nonsense. Good hunting!