Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

On one hand this Frontline thing looks amazing because this loving game needs bigger maps at higher tiers.

On the other hand, pubbies will just do their usual loving brainless thing and go racing off to die ASAP before crying at everyone else -- even those using the slowest vehicles -- for not backing them up, except now there'll be twice as many of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Dont worry, WG will make the economics of Frontline so bad that one game without premium running with net you a loss of 500,000 credits. This game mode will get killed the proper way.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
"You think we're going just let you have fun?"

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

On one hand this Frontline thing looks amazing because this loving game needs bigger maps at higher tiers.

On the other hand, pubbies will just do their usual loving brainless thing and go racing off to die ASAP before crying at everyone else -- even those using the slowest vehicles -- for not backing them up, except now there'll be twice as many of them.

My usual experience in games isn't that pubbies usually race off to die. It is that they turtle up too hard to give supporting fire to their allies and give up map control. If they do push out, they go somewhere useless like the beach on overlord while their team gets rolled over.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

HFX posted:

If they do push out, they go somewhere useless like the beach on overlord while their team gets rolled over.
What is it about the beach that seems to attract IS-3 players so often?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
is it worth it to retrain my jagtiger crew to go into my jpz e100?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I'm still working through the WT Pz.IV but the console version is about to get the Grille 15 without removing the WT E100 from the tech treee, which one should be the priority? If it helps I'm not upgraded enough to have a real opinion on the waffle but I did like the Borsig with the 12.8cm.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Anime_Otaku posted:

I'm still working through the WT Pz.IV but the console version is about to get the Grille 15 without removing the WT E100 from the tech treee, which one should be the priority? If it helps I'm not upgraded enough to have a real opinion on the waffle but I did like the Borsig with the 12.8cm.

the WTE100 is the most broken tank the game has ever seen

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Anime_Otaku posted:

The console still has the six-round Waffle, right? Let me put it this way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu_p5GDjJoc

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hremsfeld posted:

The console still has the six-round Waffle, right? Let me put it this way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu_p5GDjJoc

Balanced because a tier 1 can pen them.

Also I rebought the wz11111114 rather than buying a new tier 10. Starting to make better decisions.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Revaloroise Ace including much auto-aim
http://wotreplays.com/site/3499009#siegfried_line-diehlan-m4a1_revaloris

For some dirty dirty one-shots and not arty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyLK82Nv-SU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

What is it about the beach that seems to attract IS-3 players so often?

You can't just ignore a flank noob, if you do the enemy will be behind us after they spend literally a third of the allotted match time going through medium and soft terrain and then up a large unprotected slope and then getting past a chokepoint killzone at the top of the slope.

Prav posted:

the WTE100 is the most broken tank the game has ever seen

Does anyone have the video of Camador in his WTE100 pulling into the middle on Himmels and killing an E100 from full HP while still having an extra shell?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Cardiac posted:

Church3 is probably the best option for this.

If any of you new guys just signed up and didn't use a code for a free Church III, maybe you want to sign up again and use a code to get a free Church III. The reddit code still worked within the last year so try that one: WOTREDDIT (code includes 7 days of Premium, 500 gold, and a brand new tier five Churchill III)

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
If you already have one of the reward tanks from tankrewards and pick it as your reward, you get the full gold value of it right?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Barry posted:

If you already have one of the reward tanks from tankrewards and pick it as your reward, you get the full gold value of it right?

Yes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

When they do the LT change over, if your tier 8 is going to tier 9 do you get the tier 8 tank as well as the tier 9, or is WG loving you somehow.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

not sure about this upcoming 59 v 1 mode

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010

BadLlama posted:

When they do the LT change over, if your tier 8 is going to tier 9 do you get the tier 8 tank as well as the tier 9, or is WG loving you somehow.

Either way, they're loving you somehow.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Fat Jesus posted:

not sure about this upcoming 59 v 1 mode

Going from 3v27 to 5v45 is good though. Same ratio of human to shitter, but now you can actually instantly focus down an enemy tank.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Also lol at people bitching about lane maps for WG to just go gently caress it here a new mode with literal lanes you have to win.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm ok with 1 km wide lanes

makes me wish the draw distance was a little longer though

Hellsau posted:

Going from 3v27 to 5v45 is good though. Same ratio of human to shitter, but now you can actually instantly focus down an enemy tank.

taking five meds into the enemy backline is gonna be loving amazing

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
5 man batchat autoloader squad could be pretty lol

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

5 man batchat autoloader squad could be pretty lol

Until you run out of ammo.

Yeonik posted:

Either way, they're loving you somehow.

If you play this game, you are hosed anyway so :shrug:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Does anyone have the video of Camador in his WTE100 pulling into the middle on Himmels and killing an E100 from full HP while still having an extra shell?

Saint Celestine posted:

Old waffle was hilarious.

My favorite memory-

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Cardiac posted:

Until you run out of ammo.

If you play this game, you are hosed anyway so :shrug:

Nice thing is you can run back and re-arm.

5 of those bullshit Czech tanks would be a lot scarier though.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Saint Celestine posted:

Old waffle was hilarious.

My favorite memory-

lol it's like "no loving big deal mother fucker yeah you lost 2700 hp and i lost 0 and also i get to do it again in 50something seconds nothing wrong here!" and then when Wargaming realized how badly they hosed up they reduced the HP from 2200 down to 2000 and they were going to reduce the clip down to 5 shots but buff the reload to keep the same DPM and nearly everyone said that was stupid, the sixth shell really isn't necessary anyway and getting ten seconds off the reload is a fantastic trade-off, and then they just reduced the clip size without changing the reload and the tank was still broken and they had to remove it. Good times.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

lol it's like "no loving big deal mother fucker yeah you lost 2700 hp and i lost 0 and also i get to do it again in 50something seconds nothing wrong here!" and then when Wargaming realized how badly they hosed up they reduced the HP from 2200 down to 2000 and they were going to reduce the clip down to 5 shots but buff the reload to keep the same DPM and nearly everyone said that was stupid, the sixth shell really isn't necessary anyway and getting ten seconds off the reload is a fantastic trade-off, and then they just reduced the clip size without changing the reload and the tank was still broken and they had to remove it. Good times.

Once again proving that Wargaming is dumb as poo poo.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I wonder if WG do that 'whoopsy daisy we accidentally released a OP tank into the wild' poo poo because they know 100,000 nerds will instantly pull out their credit cards and start converting exp to get that sweet auto-win tank they need to get above 47% at last.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Fat Jesus posted:

I wonder if WG do that 'whoopsy daisy we accidentally released a OP tank into the wild' poo poo because they know 100,000 nerds will instantly pull out their credit cards and start converting exp to get that sweet auto-win tank they need to get above 47% at last.

Played with a friend whose only tier X was the waffle and he someone managed to still be terrible with it.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Autoloading FV 4005 when?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

lol holy poo poo they're trying to get the patch out next tuesday and the tier ten lights are hideously bad.

Here's some euro guy playing the AMX 13 105, tier 10 light tank, with 9 shells left four minutes into the match (Assault)

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
lmao, it was possible to magazine an e100 back to the garage?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

lmao, it was possible to magazine an e100 back to the garage?

You could magazine a maus with the waffle.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Hellsau posted:

lol holy poo poo they're trying to get the patch out next tuesday and the tier ten lights are hideously bad.

Here's some euro guy playing the AMX 13 105, tier 10 light tank, with 9 shells left four minutes into the match (Assault)

Yeah these new light tanks look like straight hot garbage, I cant see why anyone would want to be driving them over a medium.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Axetrain posted:

Yeah these new light tanks look like straight hot garbage, I cant see why anyone would want to be driving them over a medium.

some of us have accounts literally named "SICK_JUMPS" and apparently the low tier lights are about to get ground into dust, so

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

I made a skirmish team for our fabulous goon clan, PANSY. The password is stairs. Let's try to win some gold!

https://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000561/team/1000298132/

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hellsau posted:

some of us have accounts literally named "SICK_JUMPS" and apparently the low tier lights are about to get ground into dust, so

Wait, low-tier lights are getting hosed too?

The only thing I hear about was the M7 getting turbofucked.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Well it looks like I'll never finish LT-15 now. I dont hate my self enough to play light tanks that much.
I'm looking forward to the new match making though.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

that dude is good at doing multiplication on the fly

yeah 8640 damage from a full load of ammo in the 13 105. it loses to a platoon of AFK Maus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it'll be interesting to see how they react to their very obvious failure to balance the new lights once poo poo actually hits live.

pretend they're fine? overcompensating buffs? sudden "promotions" in the office? more LT nerfs? the possibilities are endless.