Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Attack Plan: Try Not To Die

Team A Setup
A Team, carrying 1 M60 machine gun and 4 M16A2 rifles infiltrates to Point Alpha, then leapfrog to Bravo. A Fire & Maneuver Team (2 soldiers) from A Team (Archer) infiltrates to Charlie while covered by the rest of A Team (Alpine). Their task will be to block access along the eastbound and southbound roads, and attack any targets of opportunity.

Team B Advance
B Team, armed with M16A2 rifles, infiltrate by leapfrogging to Delta, then to Echo. Half of B Team (Butcher) infiltrate to Foxtrot under cover by the rest of B Team (Baker). Baker then advances to the corner at Hotel and help Butcher reach Golf. Then Butcher covers Baker as Baker advances on the door. Once Baker has reached the door, the whole of B Team raid along the yellow line until India, clearing all rooms in order. Four men raid each room, with one standing guard.

Once they've reached India, B Team retrace their steps along the pink line, then exfiltrate along the blue lines going to Lima and Mike.

Exfiltration
When B Team reaches Lima, Archer to Bravo and advance on November. If B Team is under fire and Alpine are not, Alpine them withdraw to November. If Alpine are under fire, they withdraw to Alpha. Once B Team leaves Mike, Archer and Alpine exfiltrate along blue lines.

Aborting
If B Team feels the need to abort the mission because of heavy casualties/heavy resistance, they exfiltrate along blue lines under A Team cover as for 'Exfiltration'.

Rules of Engagement
Unless they can't advance in any other way, B Team should hold fire until they've reached both Echo and Foxtrot.

A Team should not open fire until fired upon, or they hear the sound of combat from the compound. A Team must not under any circumstances fire upon the buildings after Baker has left Echo.

Notes
Having so many people in A Team for the purpose of overwatch hampers us a bit. Ideally we'd have more people for room clearing, since A Team simply can't do much once the firing starts, if I'm understanding where the doors are properly here. We're left with A Team covering the roads against reinforcements, and B Team trying very desperately to clear all the rooms. With luck, there will be few people in the rooms and most of them will be in the courtyard or corridors (room fighting is baaaaaaad for you).

LatwPIAT fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

^^^^^
B-Team should definitely bring grenades since we're clearing a bunch of buildings.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

So the plan is stealth in, steal some binocs and radios, stealth out, sneak over to the overwatch team, equip them, sneak back to the base, and start the actual mission?

Yeah, cool.

I assume it's the middle of nowhere so you can't use a couple of burner phones, but I do think spending a few quid on cheap radios might be a plan.

Yeah, you'd think on our million dollar budget we could have at least splurged for some $15 Bushnell's and a few sets of walkie talkies to get us started. It's not encrypted communication and high grade laser rangefinder night vision binoculars, but it's stuff a literal child would have access to.

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 14, 2017

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

chitoryu12 posted:

My vote for how it goes:

1. Team A (reduced to 3 personnel) sets up overwatch on the labeled ridge. Team B sets up in the closest defilade position east of the radar site.

2. Team A delivers pinpoint fire on guards outside the building and through any windows. Simultaneously, Team B raids with M67 frags and breaches the radar installation.

I'm with this, except with some overwatch on the East too. To avoid friendly fire, overwatch don't shoot at anything they can't positively identify as hostile. They should have clear ideas of where the infil team are going in and expected to come out. Infil team perhaps to spend a minimum amount of time inside, so overwatch can just pop anything that exits before then with prejudice.

Infil team should enter as soon as overwatch fire their initial volleys, then clear room by room (I can't quite see on that image where the door is or the layout, will have another go tomorrow), perhaps splitting into Clear North and Clear South teams if that's the layout. But clear it fast and suddenly, shock and awe and lots of grenades, Flash, Frag, Fosforous, whatever.

Take no prisoners. Set fire to the computers. gently caress that poo poo right up any way they can figure how.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Quinntan posted:

Wouldn't it be QBZ-05s?

Are we fighting the Chinese military here or the Chinese-backed or Tibetan rebels?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, you'd think on our million dollar budget we could have at least splurged for some $15 Bushnell's and a few sets of walkie talkies to get us started. It's not encrypted communication and high grade laser rangefinder night vision binoculars, but it's stuff a literal child would have access to.
Snake took a few grand and went to buy some radios. Came back claiming he'd found a "doctor" willing to "inject" him with a "currently-existing nanomachine radio codec" and that he can now "communicate subvocally." Unfortunately the budget didn't stretch to include binoculars, or glasses.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

Are we fighting the Chinese military here or the Chinese-backed or Tibetan rebels?

PLAAF

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think the Chinese military is going to allow anyone that isn't themselves to run a long-range radar station, so I'd say it's Chinese troopers.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

In that case, the Chinese are probably carrying QBZ-95 and QBZ-03 assault rifles in 5.8mm or Type 81s or even old Type 56 Kalashnikovs in 7.62x39mm. If we want to steal their poo poo, ammo incompatibility is a logistics thing to keep in mind.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

We could always steal their poo poo just to have on hand at base as backup weapons. They'll sit in a corner somewhere, it's not like we'd be lugging a tank around behind us. A few spares could come in handy.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Or we steal and resell it because we aren't being paid for this op.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Voting and planning closes in 2 hours

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
EDIT: Switching my vote to Bacarruda's plan OPERATION CIRCUIT BREAKER

Popete fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 14, 2017

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Try Not To Die works for me.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
OPERATION CIRCUIT BREAKER

Situation:
Chinese Radar Facility protecting Lhasa Air Base.
Enemy forces are one Officer, three Guards, three Technicians. Officer and techs armed with pistols. Guards with assault rifles. Expect rear-area, low-quality troops.

Mission:
Kill or incapacitate all personnel
Grab any intel (documents, radar equipment, codebooks, etc.) and usable weapons and gear.
Destroy all radar and comms equipment.

Execution:
Organize yourself as follows:

Team A: Cover
Element RED
Gunner: Popete (M60)
Assistant Gunner: Actuary (M16A2)

Element ORANGE
TL: Dwayne "The Dwayne" Dwayne (M16A2)
Potato (M16A2)

Team B: Assault
Element BLUE
SL: Tesla Cola (M16A2 + x2 M67)
Snake Doctor (M16A2 + x2 M67)
Spanky (M16A2 + x2 M67)
Dread (M16A2 + x2 M67 + x1 M19A1 White Phosphorus)

Element GREEN
TL: Grimace Howlington III (M16A2 + x2 M67)
Steve (M16A2 + x2 M67)
Count (M16A2 + x2 M67)
Simpson Mcfish (M16A2 + x2 M67 + x1 M19A1 White Phosphorus)

Team A will establish overwatch NW of the compound. Do not fire until you are in position. Then engage targets at will. Make sure you have positive ID on targets and do not hit friendlies.

Team B will breach the compound in the following phases:
Phase Alpha: Element BLUE take up kneeling positions at base entrance. Train weapons on buildings
Phase Bravo: Element GREEN runs into compound and sets on wall. Once GREEN is in position, BLUE runs to join them. When both are set, stack BLUE outside the west room and GREEN outside the east room. Toss one frag into each room - let it go off, then breach the rooms simultaneously. Clear rooms, set Willie Pete grenades as demo.
Phase Charlie: Both teams stack on the hallway on the corner
Phase Delta: BLUE tosses a frag into the bathroom -- let it go off, the breach and clear. GREEN covers the hallway.
Phase Echo: Both Elements stack at the southern end of the hallway.
Phase Froxtrot: Both Elements round the corner. BLUE stack on the eastern room. GREEN stack on the western room. Frag, bang, breach, clear. Set demo on the generators.
Phase Golf: Both Elements Regroup in hallway.
Phase Hotel: GREEN clear room at the western end of the hall BLUE joins them when clear.

Once building is clear -- both teams move in wedge formation (GREEN on right, BLUE on left) along the dark blue line.

Link up with Element ORANGE, then move to Element RED's position, then exfil as a squad. GREEN and BLUE in their wedge, RED in line abreast covering the rear.

Admin:
Each man has a basic field dressing. If a man is hit, take down the threat, then have his buddy bandage him and get him stabilized. If he is mobile, have him stay with his element. If he is immobile, leave him there and we will grab him when we exfil.

Command and Control:
BLUE element leader is the mission leader. If he is killed, GREEN element leader takes over.

Questions?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Voting for Circuit Breaker and definitely not just because it lets me be part of the assault team.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I like both plans, but CIRCUIT BREAKER speaks to me.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Crazycryodude posted:

Voting for Circuit Breaker and definitely not just because it lets me be part of the assault team.

Yeah circuit breaker looks good and I also really wanna shoot an M60.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Voting for Circuit Breaker because it means a good chance that I won't be shot!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Voting Circuit Breaker.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Bacarruda posted:

OPERATION CIRCUIT BREAKER

Questions?

Heh, it amuses me that our plans are so different in part because I think the door is to the south, and you think it's to the east. :v:

Anyway, this is probably a better plan than mine, but I want more detail on the infiltration too the compound entrance. Are they really just going to advance across open ground towards the facility? I really think they should advance south from the trees, at least.

That said, my vote is ironically going to be for CIRCUIT BREAKER.

LatwPIAT fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 14, 2017

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

No guys vote Try Not To Die.

I'm Snake Doctor and we literally just hired Snake, I don't want to assault and get shot already. :ohdear:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Crazycryodude posted:

Ill try not to get all of us killed.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

The discussion about avoiding friendly fire reminded me to add the rules for IDing targets to the Hired Goons Character Manager.

We're... not that great at it.

LatwPIAT fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 14, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If less that 5 goons die in this missions vs C tier guard I'll call it a success.

Also entrusting me with an m60 on the ridge totally won't result in friendly fire.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Operation Circuit Breaker

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Popete posted:

If less that 5 goons die in this missions vs C tier guard I'll call it a success.

Also entrusting me with an m60 on the ridge totally won't result in friendly fire.

Yeah, I think our strike teams are going to end up with shotgun blasts to the chest as soon as we walk through the door. At least as Green Team Leader, I won't be point man (I assume).

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Circuit Breaker is a good ops name, so it gets my vote.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Can we toss a non-WP smoke into the building to flush them out?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, I think our strike teams are going to end up with shotgun blasts to the chest as soon as we walk through the door. At least as Green Team Leader, I won't be point man (I assume).

We are fragging every door we breach and since grenades in this are insane we should be good.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I think if I heard explosions from literally every rooms in the building these guys were going through, and I didn't have grenades of my own, I'd probably just surrender and hope to get prisoner exchanged (or left behind after they destroyed the radar equipment). At least in a rear echelon post like this where I'm just a desk jockey and I have a pistol and like 1-2 mags of ammo. Plus the guys inside have no way of knowing how poorly equipped we are.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
On the other hand, if they're tossing grenades everywhere before going in, they're probably not looking to take prisoners or leave survivors. I'd hide behind my desk and wait for them, because what else could I do?

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Eh, room clearing with grenades is a "no hard feelings"-thing. It doesn't say we won't give quarter, it says we're competent and really interested in not dying.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

LatwPIAT posted:

Eh, room clearing with grenades is a "no hard feelings"-thing. It doesn't say we won't give quarter, it says we're competent and really interested in not dying.

This. If guys were breaking into my military outpost in a combat zone, and they were room clearing with grenades, I wouldn't assume that they were murderous blodothirsty savages that take no prisoners. I'd assume they valued their safety above all and would be far more ameiable to surrender talks than most because it would keep them from having to room clear in the first place.

That said, if we do parley, we force them to walk outside where the overwatch team can see them, we do not take their surrenders face to face or walk into a room where they "totally surrender guys, we swear."

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Zaodai posted:

That said, if we do parley, we force them to walk outside where the overwatch team can see them, we do not take their surrenders face to face or walk into a room where they "totally surrender guys, we swear."

"Toss out your weapons, then come out one by one with your hands in the air!" before we tie their hands behind their backs and blindfold them (with torn-up uniforms) is pretty standard procedure for this kind of thing, but it does raise one question...

...do any of us speak Chinese?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LatwPIAT posted:

"Toss out your weapons, then come out one by one with your hands in the air!" before we tie their hands behind their backs and blindfold them (with torn-up uniforms) is pretty standard procedure for this kind of thing, but it does raise one question...

Also, is there sufficient cell signal for someone to pull up Google Translate on their phone just in case?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Im hoping they gave us like a surplus small pamphlet that has some few simple commands on it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

LatwPIAT posted:

We have a Commander that does! If we had a loud speaker, we could periodically (every few rooms) shout for them to throw away their weapons and walk outside with their hands up in Chinese. We could look that up online before we left so we'd have it. We could just stop and shout it as it is now. Couldn't hurt? Man, I'd feel better if we had even some dime store radios so we could communicate with our overwatch team. Watching is so useless when you can't tell anybody.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also if we're bringing the M60, our gunner needs to use this as their reference for training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGAwrmOapb4

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Actually, we can do this super-old timey until we find a Radio Shack. Can we set up pre-defined signals between the overwatch team and the strike teams? You know, shoot-> pause -> shoot shoot would mean they've surrendered or something? Wouldn't convey a TON of information, but at least we could get signals for pre-defined events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Voting is closed. Circuit Breaker it is. Will run the mission when I get home so feel free to plan and stuff because there's still some time

• Locked thread