Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/854323369138946048

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Didn't Cameron boycott the debates last go around and ITV (I think it was ITV?) said they'd do it anyway?
As I recall Pigfucker eventually agreed but only so long it was not in a debate format, but rather he and Milliband would address the audience separately, with no direct interaction?

Tories never do well in debates because they're loving idiots.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/854343280787685376

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Jose posted:

the rest of the leaders should have one and just say May is too scared to get on stage with them

:agreed:

Zephro posted:

Sigh. I'm going to have to vote Lib Dem because at this point I am a single-issue Buck Frexit voter.

Vote tactically in your seat. Depending on where you live it's quite possible the Lib Dems have no chance and are a wasted vote.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Labour is pro Brexit, and therefore dumb/poo poo

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Ewan posted:

Also, election is smack in the middle of Ramadan and exam season.

From a purely logistical standpoint, ignoring the effect this would have on voter turnout, this is going to be a pain in the arse as a lot of polling stations are based in school halls and properties that will be used for other purposes during Ramadan.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zephro posted:

Labour is pro Brexit, and therefore dumb/poo poo

In other words, you're a loving moron.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

spectralent posted:

:agreed:

Vote tactically in your seat. Depending on where you live it's quite possible the Lib Dems have no chance and are a wasted vote.
I'm in a safe-as-houses Tory seat that nonetheless voted something like 65/35 Remain, so the Lib Dems will likely do much better than Labour, not that it will matter in the end.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Skinty McEdger posted:

From a purely logistical standpoint, ignoring the effect this would have on voter turnout, this is going to be a pain in the arse as a lot of polling stations are based in school halls and properties that will be used for other purposes during Ramadan.

Not a problem for those organising polling stations - their requirements always come first.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

TheRat posted:

You're a poopy head and you smell of farts?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

TheRat posted:

Labour is pro Brexit now.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Pissflaps posted:

Not a problem for those organising polling stations - their requirements always come first.

What do you do with the kids that should be sitting exams in those halls on that day?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

What do you do with the kids that should be sitting exams in those halls on that day?

Who cares? They're not going to have a future anyway.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Skinty McEdger posted:

everyone gets a C

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Skinty McEdger posted:

Not sure but it'll be the school's problem.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTDWd9-zqzc

Jonathan Pie sure works fast.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Skinty McEdger posted:

Destroy their futures

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The fun you miss when you go to work.

Well this is likely to be a slaughter and I don't imagine we'll see another decent candidate after it.

What a way to finish a nice weekend.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

sout posted:

everyone gets a C
Surely with the Tories schoolkids all get the D

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

I'm surprised he didn't blame an early election on students or trans people in bathrooms.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

The fun you miss when you go to work.

Well this is likely to be a slaughter and I don't imagine we'll see another decent candidate after it.

What a way to finish a nice weekend.

I don't understand this attitude. Why would it have been any better in 2020?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

spectralent posted:

Vote tactically in your seat.
For my seat (rural safeish blue, Lib + Lab knocked Tory below 50% in '10, Lib vote collapsed in '15 with little/no Lab gain, ~51% Leave) that probably means voting Lib Dem as a moonshot to get the incumbent out.

On the other hand

Oberleutnant posted:

don't be a twat

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theres not many additional prohibitions on anything in ramadan beyond the fasting (and an extra prayer in the late evening).
People go to gyms and go about their work day normally.
If a person was going to vote anyways, ramadan wouldnt stop them.

So unless voting requires eating or drinking then no, ramadan isnt really a factor.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TinTower posted:

I'm surprised he didn't blame an early election on students or trans people in bathrooms.
He's sane that's why.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The subplots for this election season are starting to take shape. Arron Banks is running as an independent against Carswell in Clacton in order to avenge the betrayal of UKIP voters.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Theres not many additional prohibitions on anything in ramadan beyond the fasting (and an extra prayer in the late evening).
People go to gyms and go about their work day normally.
If a person was going to vote anyways, ramadan wouldnt stop them.

So unless voting requires eating or drinking then no, ramadan isnt really a factor.

May realized that the EU will not change their negotiation-order, which means that the first result of the negotiations is going to be the fact that the UK has to accept the ~60€ billion Brexit bill, which is certainly not going to raise her popularity, so she needed elections asap after invoking article 50, because she could not do it before as it would have been portrayed as trying to get out of Brexit.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Grouchio posted:

He's sane that's why.

The joke is that's what he blamed Trump's victory on. :ssh:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cant wait till Corbyn snatches 30.000000000000000003% of the vote this time. Boy will he make a good opposition government

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TinTower posted:

The joke is that's what he blamed Trump's victory on. :ssh:
He blamed Trump's victory on Hilary's gross incompetence resulting in depressed turnout on both sides, something the press did not expect. Which is also something I told the Washington Post at a Bernie rally last night.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

GaussianCopula posted:

May realized that the EU will not change their negotiation-order, which means that the first result of the negotiations is going to be the fact that the UK has to accept the ~60€ billion Brexit bill, which is certainly not going to raise her popularity, so she needed elections asap after invoking article 50, because she could not do it before as it would have been portrayed as trying to get out of Brexit.

Amortised over a long enough time that'll represent great value for continued tariff free access to the single market without freedom of movement.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/MattSingh_/status/854278319826763776

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Lads if I'm gonna be out the country how do I get a vote help.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Vitamin P posted:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-a-postal-vote

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vitamin P posted:

Postal, early, I would assume.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Handy guide for tactical voting.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

Shut the gently caress up you nazi piece of poo poo.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Pissflaps posted:

Amortised over a long enough time that'll represent great value for continued tariff free access to the single market without freedom of movement.

Those 60billion are just the open bills, they don't buy you anything. The idea that you get access to the single market, especially for (financial) services, without free movement is absurd.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

CPS are not going to delay decisions on battlebus spending; sitting MPs found guilty will lose their seats even if they hold them this time around (by law).

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I think every demand Europe makes, reasonable or otherwise, is going to be portrayed by the Brexit morons and most of the press as "perfidious Eurocrats want to punish Britane, this just proves we were right to leave!"

For eg:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/792589/Brexit-European-Medicines-Agency-European-Banking-Agency-London-Brussels-EU/

• Locked thread