Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
this is a great fight for combating the perception that the UFC unfairly pushes attractive people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Joe Rogan podcast currently hosting the hardhitting tag team of Schaub & Eddie Bravo :downs:

Eddie's hot takes on North Korea so far "SOMETHING FISHY IS GOING ON IN THERE" Also, they faked the moon landings (6 TIMES!!!) so faking an entire country as a distraction would be fuckin nothing!

e] NK is a fabrication of the Global MMA Authority to distract us from the garbage fire of LHW

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 19, 2017

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Light Heavyweight absolutely does suck at the moment and has for a while, but it wasn't that long ago it was the ufc's flagship division. It can get back there one day.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Lollll Rogan is fuckin putting an intervention on Eddie Bravo's conspiracies like he did to Schaub about fighting and it's just as ruthless and awkward and funny.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 19, 2017

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if only the ufc would pay its lhw athletes appropriately it wouldn't be such an embarrassing pile of poo poo full of nobodies.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Lollll Rogan is fuckin putting an intervention on Eddie Bravo like he did to Schaub about fighting and it's just as ruthless and awkward and funny.

Is Eddie saying he could do MMA?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Oh lol nah sorry I worded it badly, he's just loving taking him to school about his insane flat earth conspiracy beliefs. But Eddie's conspiracy-guard so far cannot be passed.

Holy poo poo he literally believes that the sky is rotating and not the earth :psyduck:

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 19, 2017

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dangersim posted:

Light Heavyweight absolutely does suck at the moment and has for a while, but it wasn't that long ago it was the ufc's flagship division. It can get back there one day.

LHW was only the flagship because it had the three most popular fighters from 2000-2007 even though every title contender who wasn't Liddell-Ortiz-Couture was pretty much a joke. Then a couple guys came over from Pride, where LHW was only a big-ish deal because they only really had two divisions. There was some decent for the time homegrown talent in Griffin, Machida, and Evans, but a lot of that came from the first few TUF seasons giving people a big name. So it was more that there were more big name guys on top of the division and a lot of luck than any amount of depth. I don't think that's coming back any time soon. And it wasn't like Houston Alexander and Keith Jardine weren't on the edge of the title picture even at the division's peak.

Marching Powder posted:

if only the ufc would pay its lhw athletes appropriately it wouldn't be such an embarrassing pile of poo poo full of nobodies.

They'd have Davis, Bader, and Krylov back if they were willing to dump a bunch of money on them. I agree that if those three were back and Rumble hadn't retired, the top 15 wouldn't look so embarrassing, but it wouldn't look a whole lot better, and none of the three are really going to make anything happen in the title picture. Krylov especially will probably help his career more crushing cans for a few years while he trains full time instead of being thrown into the title mix before he's ready.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The easiest way to fix lhw is for Weidman and Jacare to go up a weight class.

Weidman should have made the switch after his loss to Romero imo. Crush two cans get a title shot.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fat Twitter Man posted:

LHW was only the flagship because it had the three most popular fighters from 2000-2007 even though every title contender who wasn't Liddell-Ortiz-Couture was pretty much a joke. Then a couple guys came over from Pride, where LHW was only a big-ish deal because they only really had two divisions. There was some decent for the time homegrown talent in Griffin, Machida, and Evans, but a lot of that came from the first few TUF seasons giving people a big name. So it was more that there were more big name guys on top of the division and a lot of luck than any amount of depth. I don't think that's coming back any time soon. And it wasn't like Houston Alexander and Keith Jardine weren't on the edge of the title picture even at the division's peak.

They'd have Davis, Bader, and Krylov back if they were willing to dump a bunch of money on them. I agree that if those three were back and Rumble hadn't retired, the top 15 wouldn't look so embarrassing, but it wouldn't look a whole lot better, and none of the three are really going to make anything happen in the title picture. Krylov especially will probably help his career more crushing cans for a few years while he trains full time instead of being thrown into the title mix before he's ready.

I don't agree that there were only 3... there were plenty of good ones. And pride had many, too

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
I'm just skipping to the end of the thread from page 15 to say that I hope none of those "weed should be legal" people are people paid to post opinions they think are mine or whatever the gently caress.
Stick to arguing about amygdalae or the ethics of mind rape or something you annoying dickheads.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Your kinda proving my point, there used to be a bunch of good fighters at lhw.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Chillanese posted:

I'm just skipping to the end of the thread from page 15 to say that I hope none of those "weed should be legal" people are people paid to post opinions they think are mine or whatever the gently caress.
Stick to arguing about amygdalae or the ethics of mind rape or something you annoying dickheads.

lol what is going on around here lately

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

lol what is going on around here lately

Fatherdog leaving was like the toppling of saddam hussein, yeah he was a dick but he kept a lid on the bullshit

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Chillanese posted:

Oh word?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Chillanese posted:

ban_marijuana.txt

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Chillanese posted:

im glad someone put mind rape back into the discussion because we dont talk about it enough

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

what's the correlation between posting & CTE

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
I'm the guy who got asked in his sleep who the new forum mod should be by uniformed officers for some reason, DumbWhiteGuy.

You've definitely talked about it.

e; you can only answer the really important questions like where you got a rihanna song from when it's mind raped out of you.

Chillanese fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 19, 2017

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

handsome only face posted:

when you get owned too much on a webforum you eventually lose all self respect taking digital L after digital L well into your forties and long past the time it was interesting or funny.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

handsome only face posted:

Well this place is just delightful.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Chillanese posted:

I'm the guy who got asked in his sleep who the new forum mod should be by uniformed officers for some reason, DumbWhiteGuy.

You've definitely talked about it.

e; you can only answer the really important questions like where you got a rihanna song from when it's mind raped out of you.

its happening again

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
Weed SHOULD be legal.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
somebody kill it

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
We thought it was just ok to make fun of the OFFICIAL steroid thread of the SA forum but guess what. It's part of a family. Something larger than it's self. And now, they're here.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Chillanese posted:

Thank you for your enlightening contribution to this thread. Please post more.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dangersim posted:

Fatherdog leaving was like the toppling of saddam hussein, yeah he was a dick but he kept a lid on the bullshit

thats funny cos watching souza lose the other night made me think of that video of the statue of saddam being pulled over by a truck

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Joe Rogan podcast currently hosting the hardhitting tag team of Schaub & Eddie Bravo :downs:
Joe just linked a kickstarter to put Eddie up into the stratosphere so he can STFU about flat earth: https://www.gofundme.com/fly-eddie-bravo-to-the-stratosphere

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Give me a free enlightening tour of vegas and I'll post stupid poo poo all day to save other people the effort if you want.
Give and take, Mr Big Time, your stupid poo poo for my stupid poo poo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if any other fully retarded lurker wants to explode into the thread with hot takes on weird poo poo no one cares about please get it out of your system now

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chillanese posted:

Give me a free enlightening tour of vegas and I'll post stupid poo poo all day to save other people the effort if you want.

25 posts since 2010 and this is the bullshit you decide to inflict on the world.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

if any other fully retarded lurker wants to explode into the thread with hot takes on weird poo poo no one cares about please get it out of your system now

Bruce Lee is the GOAT

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Gotcha bro. Any time anyone mentions marijuana legalization, I'll know they're an agent sent to relay false opinions on your behalf.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Chillanese posted:

lol

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Marching Powder posted:

How come WMMA fights don't have ring GUYS, huh??

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

plz dont pull out posted:

Bruce Lee is the GOAT

Pretty good ironic opinion tbh

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
So this chillanese guy is insane right, still a better poster than atom

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Im the guy who got asked in his sleep who the new forum mod should be by uniformed officers and my stance on weed is that you should stop being paid to post my opnions you stole from my mind (?)

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Chillanese posted:

Does that mean if I don't give you a tour of Vegas, you won't post anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

thats funny cos watching souza lose the other night made me think of that video of the statue of saddam being pulled over by a truck

lol

• Locked thread