Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Think we were pretty lucky there. We got the rub of the green from the refs in the second half.

Still a good win. The warriors when the spine click are scary. I dont get benching luke unless he was injured because hes the type of bloke who causes a team like ours trouble.

Still good signs boyd and paulo are looking great. Hodgson for a guy playing busted is doing really good. All the outside men look great. Cotric impresses me more every week.

So we got a bit lucky but a good win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Think we were pretty lucky there. We got the rub of the green from the refs in the second half.

Still a good win. The warriors when the spine click are scary. I dont get benching luke unless he was injured because hes the type of bloke who causes a team like ours trouble.

Still good signs boyd and paulo are looking great. Hodgson for a guy playing busted is doing really good. All the outside men look great. Cotric impresses me more every week.

So we got a bit lucky but a good win

Lucky is selling yourself a bit short. You played smart and took advantage of what you were given.

I have no idea what happened to us in the second half, everyone fell asleep. All we needed to do was carry on what we were doing in the first half, instead we crapped the bed. The completion rate was awful.

Luke probably isn't an 80 minute hooker anymore. The problem was that he was on the bench 5-10 minutes longer than necessary tonight.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Maybe we did hang in well.

Just the hodgson try that iced the game came off the back of a terrible call. Its not like the pocket ref missed it either. He was clearly yelling strip strip strip.

I think the croker tackle on RTS was ths turning point as well as the 5 minute period where the warriors decided to murder elliot whitehead

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Maybe we did hang in well.

Just the hodgson try that iced the game came off the back of a terrible call. Its not like the pocket ref missed it either. He was clearly yelling strip strip strip.

I think the croker tackle on RTS was ths turning point as well as the 5 minute period where the warriors decided to murder elliot whitehead

There was weird disagreement between the refs a few times in that game. Very odd.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted:

There was weird disagreement between the refs a few times in that game. Very odd.

From the Sportsears broadcast, at least one of the refs was having comms problems and spent most of the second half complaining about the crackling. Presumably that doesn't stop them yelling at each other, though.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

warriors, what are you doing
warriors, pls stahp

I don't know how we are promoting rugby league internationally when we have the kiwis consistently poo poo the bed every game

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

BCR posted:

warriors, what are you doing
warriors, pls stahp

I don't know how we are promoting rugby league internationally when we have the kiwis consistently poo poo the bed every game

Hint

We aren't

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Also I went to the Easts Tigers / Wynnum-manly Seagulls game today and the food was carnival trash but the stadium is quite nice

Would have been nicer if WM hadn't shat the bed and lost after leading 9-0 at the break :argh:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
That fade Gutherson has sure is something

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Both teams are showing the defensive efforts that have brought them to the nadir of the ladder

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Eels putting on a great clinic on bombing tries

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks for the heart attack on half time, tigers.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

That was an enjoyable first half. A bit messy though.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Well that was definitely a Tigers game.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
How do I pack scrum?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Some quality referee work in the last ten there. Offside markers? Not a problem. High tackle? Never heard of her.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Tedesco would have been a lot happier if he honoured his canberra deal imo

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

To be fair, he would have to live in Canberra. Campbelltown looks pretty good, sometimes.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Some quality referee work in the last ten there. Offside markers? Not a problem. High tackle? Never heard of her.

Why is it players can get done for match fixing, but never the refs?

</salty>

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Aaron Woods heading to the Dogs in 2018 so hopefully that means James Graham is heading to the Knights (pretty please??)

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Wow. Maybe Cleary should have waited a bit before signing up to be the coach of the Tigers.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

Wow. Maybe Cleary should have waited a bit before signing up to be the coach of the Tigers.
and the rumors are heating up that Tedesco is off to Easts because he wants to win a GF

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Maybe we can hire some good forwards now?

Hahaha that's a good one

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Maybe we can hire some good forwards now?

Hahaha that's a good one

You're getting Ben Matulino... whether it's the good Ben or the bad Ben I can't say though

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

You're getting Ben Matulino... whether it's the good Ben or the bad Ben I can't say though

Seriously? I'd be sad to see him go. Whenever his head is screwed on straight he's one of the best props around.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Seriously? I'd be sad to see him go. Whenever his head is screwed on straight he's one of the best props around.

Not signed yet but looks likely.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Knights are after Matulino as well

and Foran (hmmmmmmmm)

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

The Knights are after Matulino as well

and Foran (hmmmmmmmm)

The only teams not going after Foran are Manly and Parramatta.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The Tigers will take anyone at this point

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

The Tigers will take anyone at this point
That's why you took Brooks

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

That's why you took Brooks

Bingo

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Well WT membership email came through and has told us that the club has set a deadline for Woods and Tedesco to say if they're accepting the offers on the table of tomorrow, so things should hopefully come to a head soon.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Woods to Bulldogs, Tedesco to Roosters

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I know people complain a lot about the Broncos and the salary cap in here but in what universe can the Roosters afford James Tedesco

e: actually reading about it SKD, Fergo and Tupou are all off contract and Teddy is a pretty good trade for those spuds, who would all be on pretty big overs

Thinking fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 20, 2017

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
In a bit of unalloyed good news for the Tigpies, though, David Nofoaluma has resigned for four years,

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I read that as the other kind of resigned.

I was sad, since he's been one of the bright spots this year.

And I would trade those three players for teddy, through gritted teeth. We need a lot of players to flesh out our garbage team.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
letting Tedesco go is ridiculous, he's one of the best fullbacks in the game right now (top 3) and will be for the next 5 years, easily worth a million per season

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I am angry that my club can't attract players like him when the Tigers just let them go so easily

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I am excited for Kayln Ponga to develop though, but we still need a good forward pack to take advantage of good backs

(James Graham + Mautilino pls)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

To be fair, we're not exactly letting him go easily.

• Locked thread