Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CAN'T HINDER THE JINDER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

CAN'T HINDER THE JINDER, BABAY!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is there anyone who really thinks they're going to have Randy drop the belt already? I'm glad Jinder won, there is no one else in that match who I'd want to see tied up in a Randy feud only to lose.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

CAN'T HINDER THE JINDER

I can.
I will.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

CAN'T HINDER THE JINDER

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CANT JINDER THE HINDER

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is there anyone who really thinks they're going to have Randy drop the belt already? I'm glad Jinder won, there is no one else in that match who I'd want to see tied up in a Randy feud only to lose.

As of last night, I view the US Title as Smackdown's top belt. The best wrestlers are vying for it and it got the main event slot despite nothing being on the line in the match.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I dunno: Orton going up against Zayn right now probably wouldn't result in a Zayn win, if it did it wouldn't be too meaningful, and in the process would further piss off hardcores to Orton. Styles and Nakamura aren't well-positioned for a title shot right now. Jinder got some heat, seems like the IWC spheres are all curious what will happen, he did come back all "hard-bodied", seems like creating some intrigue for what's probably a one-off shot to "prove" main event worthiness isn't the worst idea? Biggest complaint is the material he was given was pretty bland and generic at best.

I don't really have a problem with them trying this out. If the whole thing ends up sucking hard (fully possible!) then...we're basically back to square one with that other potential stuff anyway, and Orton retains over a heel. Can't hinder the Jinder.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

As of last night, I view the US Title as Smackdown's top belt. The best wrestlers are vying for it and it got the main event slot despite nothing being on the line in the match.

the WWE title got covered in maggots anyway

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It's not that unheard of that the champ gets some almost random challenger that would normally never get a WWE Title match on PPV...

Here are some odd ones I can think of where I thought the challenger didn't even deserve to be in the match because they were so low on the card or it just came out of nowhere.
Undertaker vs. Farooq
Rock vs X-Pac
Big Show vs Big Boss Man
Cena vs. Great Khali
Cena vs. Lashley
Triple H vs Vladimir Kozlov in a triple threat
Cena vs. R-Truth

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The Landstander posted:

Biggest complaint is the material he was given was pretty bland and generic at best.
Yeah if anything I hope he drops the anti-American shtick and does something different with his character

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The real outrage from Smackdown should be how badly AA is getting it. I only watch the NXT takeovers so I loved their matches but I've never really seen their promos, do they suck? Why have they gotten no time on the stick? It's very obviously causing them to die a slow death because nothing is being built up for them.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Smackdown was good, nerds

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My one gripe with SmackDown is Charlotte still being awful on the mic. I foolishly thought switching brands would magically change that but nope

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am 100% sure I am not the only one excited about what the title will look like when Jinder wins. Wow, the thought of his side plates just being a bunch of veins would rock.

I can see it now...

- The title becomes three times larger than the regular belt they have now.

- The vein side plates.

- Diamond crusted veins running all through the entire belt itself.

- Back buckle grommets that are a little puffy to show the title belt cannot, WILL NOT be hindered.

My god...

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Gumball Gumption posted:

The real outrage from Smackdown should be how badly AA is getting it. I only watch the NXT takeovers so I loved their matches but I've never really seen their promos, do they suck? Why have they gotten no time on the stick? It's very obviously causing them to die a slow death because nothing is being built up for them.
A hard limit of 90-ish minutes per week is not enough time to cover the tag scene on top of the three singles titles plus time / feuds for debuting guys (Nak / Tye) and the extremely vital weekly Carmellsworth segment

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gumball Gumption posted:

I never recall them really getting mic time in front of a live crowd. If anything, they would do pretaped segments in the back where Gable was trying to convince Jordan to be his tag partner, or when they do the backstage interview with the "ready, willing, and Gable" schtick. Like, I can't ever remember them really doing that in front of a hot crowd and seeing if it was over.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I am 100% sure I am not the only one excited about what the title will look like when Jinder wins. Wow, the thought of his side plates just being a bunch of veins would rock.

I can see it now...

- The title becomes three times larger than the regular belt they have now.

- The vein side plates.

- Diamond crusted veins running all through the entire belt itself.

- Back buckle grommets that are a little puffy to show the title belt cannot, WILL NOT be hindered.

My god...

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
No such thing as a bad penis

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Eli Wiggum posted:

My one gripe with SmackDown is Charlotte still being awful on the mic. I foolishly thought switching brands would magically change that but nope

are you fastly getting furious about it

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

a.lo posted:

That dude with the katana who attacked Val Venis disagrees

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

They really need something to connect with the crowd. They're a great team, but relying on being great wrestlers when you aren't given much time to wrestle and lose a lot isn't gonna help. More backstage vignettes are really what they need. Maybe they should also run into Kurt at a PPV and he can try to get the "Gable Gable Gable" "Jordan Jordan Jordan" chants that go along with his theme over, since that hasn't carried up from NXT.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I couldn't figure out if there was actually a cross-promotion between WWE and the film or if Charlotte was just being an idiot

The difference between her mic work and Alexa's is night and day

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Eli Wiggum posted:

I couldn't figure out if there was actually a cross-promotion between WWE and the film or if Charlotte was just being an idiot

The difference between her mic work and Alexa's is night and day

The cross promotion is that the Rock is in it

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

a.lo posted:

Down, wanton, down!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Naomi you're glowing so much that you could be a galaxy, but there are no guardians to save you!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

SWIPE RIGHT ON TINDER FOR JINDER

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Rusev's injured, right? When's he due back

2-4 months

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Jinder vs Rusev for the WWE Championship tia

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Wish I had the actual reason why they've stalled but back when they first got together in NXT I was told this would be their lot. Vince simply hates the collegiate Wrestler gimmick.

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 19, 2017

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rovert posted:

Wish I had the actual reason why they've stalled but back when they first got together in NXT was told this would be their lot. Vince simply hates the collegiate Wrestler gimmick.

well vince is right, the only time it has been really good was when dolph used it as a ruse to kick corbin in the dick

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well vince is right, the only time it has been really good was when dolph used it as a ruse to kick corbin in the dick

steiner brothers owned

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

"This Whole Thing Smacks Of Jinder," i holler as i overturn sami zayn's push and turn WWE Backlash into WWE Shitlash

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
CAN'T HINDER THE JINDER

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

super macho dude posted:

SWIPE RIGHT ON TINDER FOR JINDER

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm guessing Rusev coming back as a face and beating Randy/KO at Summerslam won't happen right? :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

IcePhoenix posted:

Jinder is the 11th avatar of Vishnu and future WWE Champion.

I feel like season 1 or 2 of Lucha Underground would have run with a thing like this.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

YOU DON'T WANT TO TRADE FEET WITH NAOMI!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Blaise330 posted:

I'm guessing Rusev coming back as a face and beating Randy/KO at Summerslam won't happen right? :(

I miss Rusev so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
binders full of jinders

• Locked thread