Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Reviewing the Illuminati plan, $144,000 was our small arms budget out of the combined stipends for users if someone wants to come up with a quick small arms proposal. His plan already includes radios, armor, helmets, shovels, and some rocket launchers, so we mostly just need guns.

I'm at work right now so I can't really take the time to do it, though I can draft something up like 6 hours from now if we don't have a budget plan by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Yes, people only need to buy personal weapons, attachments, hand grenades, and sidearms.

I would suggest that our DMR guy(s) get bipod(s) and that we buy at least one M203 but the whole point of the exercise is that each individual gets to kit himself out.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Just woke up give me 5 mins to throw something together. I will try to grab things for everyone.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Telsa Cola posted:

Just woke up give me 5 mins to throw something together. I will try to grab things for everyone.

Since we'll likely have the cash I suggest we pick up the BAR and a Browning M1919 just for some heavy fire support. Might as well grab it now even if it's not immediately useful.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Yes, people only need to buy personal weapons, attachments, hand grenades, and sidearms.

I would suggest that our DMR guy(s) get bipod(s) and that we buy at least one M203 but the whole point of the exercise is that each individual gets to kit himself out.

Yeah, nobody is faulting you for that. We didn't find out until after we voted that customization isn't on the table. No big deal.

I would request that we do pick up 1 870 though. It's not that expensive.

I second Popete's suggestion for the BAR. Beyond that, I'm mostly down for whatever people want.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I want an M91.

StarFyter
Oct 10, 2012

I find it hilarious how there's 9mm supressors on sale when we seemingly have no access to anything using that caliber, yet.

Are we gonna be using them as throwing weapons? Fashioning them into nun-chucks? Placing them on the ground as booby traps for our enemies to slip on?

Also, we should totally get a couple PPSH 41s to hose down indoors with, even if they're going to be almost completely useless against any kind of armour.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
If people are up keep tossing me ideas of what they want, we have the budget for it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Grab all the M16A2 and M16A2 203 and like 10 AK-74. That'll cover us for the most part. Then go hog wild on shotguns the BAR a Browning and a poo poo ton of grenades. Toss in a few RPG-7.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Maybe pick up 1 or 2 of the lasersights for our entry team? Could be useful in close quarters, though I have no idea what kind of bonus they convey in this system. We have some night vision goggles on hand so they might work with that if they're the right type? I dunno. Still useful for getting on target fast at close range.

[EDIT]
Oh, and yeah, lots of grenades.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

What are those Galils chambered in, and how do they stack up against the M14 for something that can throw a longer range bullet so we have some options there?

I really want to end up on a crew served machine gun and will be training for it, but I think to supplement our M16s we want the following:

Probably about 3 marksman rifles of some variety (M14, M91 (semi G3 for the curious), or galil might do this job, give them a bipod and maybe a sight)

A longer ranged but portable automatic rifle to provide a base of fire at longer range while still more mobile than the M60. (I like the BAR okay)

Some carbines/subguns/shotguns for any close in fighting (M1, PPsH, Remington 870)

A grenade launcher or three for extra firepower. I really really like grenade launchers.

We might also want some M1s just because they're quite light and we can give them to ammo loaders or similar. As a placeholder weapon they're a good pick because they're still a gun but they're light and cheap as hell so it's not paying much to save weight.

Then get so many grenades.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 21, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
See if Bogdan can get us any of those fancy battle 2x4's the ones with a nail in it.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

A guy with a 2x4 gets his leg broken by a guy with a stick. This is the true Phoenix Command action I was hoping for.

I was reading this in bed last night and I laughed so hard I woke my wife up. Not from volume, but from trying to hold it in and shaking the bed.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Rockopolis posted:

One Mosin-Nagant per soldier, or one to be shared by the entire team?

Red Army style. For each two-man element, one guy has a rifle and the other guy has ammo.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Basically my thought is we may end up with the following jobs to fill:

Long range firebase. This wants a crew served weapon and likely some marksmen.

Longer range fire support in a more open, mobile context. This wants a more portable automatic weapon and likely some marksmen.

Medium range team for versatile uses. We've got the M16s for this, and some 203s would add a lot.

Shorter range assault team. Grenades, subguns and carbines.

CQC building stormers. Grenades, grenades, grenades, subguns and shotties.

I think my proposal covers all those (fire)bases. We don't need to be able to fit all the team out for each of those jobs but enough for a 4-6 man team in each should work well. For example, a 4 man assault team could use support from a medium range team for the external shooting while clearing a building, and some long range grenades in support.

IMJack posted:

Red Army style. For each two-man element, one guy has a rifle and the other guy has ammo.

Grenades but yes.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Done, give me a second to post it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

StarFyter posted:

I find it hilarious how there's 9mm supressors on sale when we seemingly have no access to anything using that caliber, yet.

Are we gonna be using them as throwing weapons? Fashioning them into nun-chucks? Placing them on the ground as booby traps for our enemies to slip on?

The Semi-Auto Mac-10 might!

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

2 MI6A2 M203- 4,800
2 BIPODS - 2000
3 LASER SIGHTS- 7500
5 ENTRENCHING TOOLS- 500
20 RGD-5 FRAGS -15,000
1 BAR- 7000
4 PPSH 41- 12,000
2 REMINGTON -3,200
6 M16A2 - 10,800
10 AK-74 - 15,000
1 M1919A6 -10,000
2 RPG-18- $15000
2 M1 GARAND- $20,000
3 M14 -10,500
5 M68 FRAGS- 5000
7 M67 FRAG , 5600

TOTAL = 143,900

Here is what I have.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

StarFyter posted:

Also, we should totally get a couple PPSH 41s to hose down indoors with, even if they're going to be almost completely useless against any kind of armour.

We have 3 Beretta M92F. Also known as M9s. 9mm Pistols.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Don't we have M16s already? Also, are there 2 garands for sale, and why are we getting one rather than a battle rifle?

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 21, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I know it's nit picky but we probably don't need the M1 Garand and they are super expensive.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Nit pick away. This was typed up in a flurry literally after waking up so there are mistakes abound as I tried to read everyones suggestions, also someone check my math please.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I'd replace the M1 Garands with M14s (The M14 isn't great but it's pretty much a superset of a Garand) and possibly pick up an M1 carbine or two for the people schlepping crew served weapons around.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

We need to find a bear cub we can train to be an artillery man (and spy catcher!) like Private Wojtek. Or he can go with our entry team!

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

2 MI6A2 M203- 4,800
2 BIPODS - 2000
3 LASER SIGHTS- 7500
5 ENTRENCHING TOOLS- 500
20 RGD-5 FRAGS -15,000
1 BAR- 7000
4 PPSH 41- 12,000
4 REMINGTON -6,400
6 M16A2 - 10,800
10 AK-74 - 15,000
1 M1919A6 -10,000
2 RPG-18- $15000
6 M14 -21,000
5 M68 FRAGS- 5000
10 M67 FRAG , 8000
5 M1 CARBINE - 4000

TOTAL = 144,000

Again someone check my math. Hope this is better. If there is more money feel free to add whatever to make up for it, if there is less money, pick what you don't think we need.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 21, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

That fits with my thoughts, other than wondering if we've already got a giant pile of M16A2s.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Your sexy redheaded quartermaster recommends:

At the minimum:
2x M16A2 + M203
2x Remmington 870
2x M14
1x RPG-7
20x RGD-5
10x M67 FRAG
5x M68 FRAG
2x Harris Bipod
3x Laser Sight

Cost: 62500

Rationale

You have a medium machine gun, and you're all already armed with automatic rifles and have a sniper rifle in the armoury. The M14s with bipods add full-calibre automatic fire in a fairly light package to each of your fireteams (the Command elements gets the M60) to supplement your firepower. You get the RPG-7 in case you face some old tanks or something that needs blowing up, the M203's in case you want long-range explosions delivery, the shotguns are kept handy for a close encounter, and you get laser sights so you can get whatever accuracy bonus they grant.

Then you load up on all the grenades you can get because when your automatic riflemen are pinning down the enemy with automatic fire, the riflemen can approach and destroy the enemy with grenades, like they should.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Telsa Cola posted:

2 MI6A2 M203- 4,800
2 BIPODS - 2000
3 LASER SIGHTS- 7500
5 ENTRENCHING TOOLS- 500
20 RGD-5 FRAGS -15,000
1 BAR- 7000
4 PPSH 41- 12,000
4 REMINGTON -6,400
6 M16A2 - 10,800
10 AK-74 - 15,000
1 M1919A6 -10,000
2 RPG-18- $15000
6 M14 -21,000
5 M68 FRAGS- 5000
10 M67 FRAG , 5600
5 M1 CARBINE - 4000

Edit : TOTAL = 141,600

Again someone check my math. Hope this is better. If there is more money feel free to add whatever to make up for it, if there is less money, pick what you don't think we need.

10 M67 is $8000 not $5600

Honestly we can probably drop the PPSH as well. 140k is a lot so feel free to not use all of it, it'll go towards our next weapon purchase (QF-17).

Popete fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 21, 2017

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Popete posted:

10 M67 is $8000 not $5600

Honestly we can probably drop the PPSH as well. 140k is a lot so feel free to not use all of it, it'll go towards our next weapon purchase (QF-17).

Thank you, I had done the math correctly for the total it turns out but forgot to update the list. PPsh were there for a submachine gun class weapon for close range assault teams, i got the same amount of shotguns so we could mix and match as needed. Feel free to adjust my list if you want, Im going to get some food.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 21, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

We have 24 M16A2s already, I think that's plenty for now.

LatwPIAT posted:

Your sexy redheaded quartermaster recommends:

At the minimum:
2x M16A2 + M203
2x Remmington 870
2x M14
1x RPG-7
20x RGD-5
10x M67 FRAG
5x M68 FRAG
2x Harris Bipod
3x Laser Sight

Cost: 62500

Rationale

You have a medium machine gun, and you're all already armed with automatic rifles and have a sniper rifle in the armoury. The M14s with bipods add full-calibre automatic fire in a fairly light package to each of your fireteams (the Command elements gets the M60) to supplement your firepower. You get the RPG-7 in case you face some old tanks or something that needs blowing up, the M203's in case you want long-range explosions delivery, the shotguns are kept handy for a close encounter, and you get laser sights so you can get whatever accuracy bonus they grant.

Then you load up on all the grenades you can get because when your automatic riflemen are pinning down the enemy with automatic fire, the riflemen can approach and destroy the enemy with grenades, like they should.

That's a pretty conservative buy that I think covers what we desperately need so it's a good minimum requirement, do you agree with my rationale for M1 carbines (cheap, light and unfortunately for us we couldn't just declare ourselves musclebound Adonises so pounds count)?

Also, we've got an M2 and I want it. So we've got that for laying down long range fire although I think we might want another M14 or two, and maybe a PPsH or two for the things they specialize at, although with shotties we're probably covered on the latter.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

xthetenth posted:

What are those Galils chambered in, and how do they stack up against the M14 for something that can throw a longer range bullet so we have some options there?

If it's a regular Galil, it's basically an AK in 5.56x45mm.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

xthetenth posted:

do you agree with my rationale for M1 carbines (cheap, light and unfortunately for us we couldn't just declare ourselves musclebound Adonises so pounds count)?

They are cheap, but not spending money on M1 Carbines when you already have M16A2s is free. The lowered weight is good, but .30 Carbine ammunition is heavier. I'm not convinced that's worth giving up 3-round-bursts, ammo interoperability, and 800 USD a piece for.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

We're engaging irregular forces flying the colors of the Vape Nation. Please advise.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 21, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

If it's a regular Galil, it's basically an AK in 5.56x45mm.

Yeah, I figured they're probably chambered in that, but I'd like clarification.

LatwPIAT posted:

They are cheap, but not spending money on M1 Carbines when you already have M16A2s is free. The lowered weight is good, but .30 Carbine ammunition is heavier. I'm not convinced that's worth giving up 3-round-bursts, ammo interoperability, and 800 USD a piece for.

True. I do kind of want one for my own use but I'll probably just hold on to the M2 like a little lost puppy and leave my rifle at home regardless.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

We don't get clarification on the weapons, because Bogdan doesn't let us see the weapons before we buy them. We get what we get.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Zaodai posted:

We don't get clarification on the weapons, because Bogdan doesn't let us see the weapons before we buy them. We get what we get.

Bastard. Then in that case we can't be sure, which is probably his plan to offload those M14s onto us. :v:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Things We Don't Need More Of: A Detailed List Of Armaments That Are Superfluous For The Successful Completion Of Missions In The Light Of Inventory As It Exists Currently
M16A2s

I can't argue with any of the other purchases. Grenades, shotguns and SMGs are necessary if you run into any buildings any time soon, and WWII vintage rifles aren't that bad at ranges over 300 meters (where 5.56 ammunition falters).

Now, how about having more thunderdome?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Might I suggest buying HK91s instead of those stupid M-14s as DMRs, and also the fact that I already bought the RPG-7 in our main weaps buy so we don't need to buy it? Don't know if the game reflects this but the M14 is basically uncontrollable on full auto and isn't really designed as a squad automatic weapon.

We should prob buy that Ma Deuce tho. Updating:

LatwPIAT posted:

:

At the minimum:
2x M16A2 + M203
2x Remmington 870
3x HK91
20x RGD-5
10x M67 FRAG
5x M68 FRAG
3x Harris Bipod
3x Laser Sight
1x M2 HMG
12x combat knives in case we gotta get sneaky

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

We seem to already have a Ma Deuce, which is a fact I'm going to never mention until this buy is done because two of them means double the chance of getting one.

And the M14 shouldn't be that much worse on semi, should it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You guys should just kill Bogdan and take everything. Think of the savings!

• Locked thread