Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Crazy Ferret posted:

I applied as Crazy_FerretSA. Been meaning to play with Goons for a bit now and have every intention of catching a few bullets for ya'll

Late night Friday and most of Saturday evening I'm going to try to be on and record some games, so prime bullet/complaint catching time.

Like JFC said, Mumble up and watch me and others slide into drunken slumber over the course of several hours.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Too bad this emblem I made would get reported. It would be a good one for KUMT.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

JFC posted:

Just a reminder to all of you joining up to [KUMT], we use mumble and most likely won't recognize who you are or why you should be in the Platoon unless you get in there. Here's details: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796734

Nooooooo, I don't have a headset :(
Just a yet mic that pics up all the taint ripping death metal I blast while gunning turkish bastards down.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Join the mumble and type a message that you are listening to us but don't have a mic on. As long as you can respond to us in game chat or the occasional "yes I'm still here" in mumble chat you'll be fine. If you can't coordinate attacks with us there is really no reason to be in the platoon and play with us.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Loving the typical DICE bs that made me have to google how to access the platoon system because the patch notes say nothing and there's no menu in game. It's in the phone app I've never installed or wanted to.

EDIT: Oh I just found the small unlabeled button in game, great design.

AlmightyBob fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 28, 2017

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Applied as drunkenengineer.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Klisejo, this is for you

https://streamable.com/d5pk5

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Ah so he got that guy off my tail, not you.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Headshots finally done

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
For the hellriegel defensive challenge, could you just plant AT mines and shoot them when enemies are near? I think I've gotten like 10 vehicle kills total from them and I'm level 90... Fuuck

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Heyo. Applied as wolfs_xk to KUMT.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

AEMINAL posted:

For the hellriegel defensive challenge, could you just plant AT mines and shoot them when enemies are near? I think I've gotten like 10 vehicle kills total from them and I'm level 90... Fuuck

No. A fair few of my 10-A shotgun kills are from setting off mines with it. You can throw AT or frag nades in front of a mine so the mine detonates and claims kill credit though. Another trick is to place mines on top of flag spawn locations, like F and A on Sinai or St Quentin. Amiens and Fao have very predictable tank routes too.

300 kills is just silly, everything should be unlocked with war bonds.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Horses count as a vehicle for the purposes of setting off a mine.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Blind throwing limpets against walls and buildings is my new favorite hobby! I had no idea how potent they were, despite my ~70 hours of playing support.

30/300 for the new Huot..

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Applied as nodisambiguation

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Nooooooo, I don't have a headset :(
Just a yet mic that pics up all the taint ripping death metal I blast while gunning turkish bastards down.
I have a webcam bought from a flea market hooked up, plus some old headphones. I just tell mumble to pick up audio from the webcam, do push-to-talk and it's all good and ready to go for some hot WWI action, no headset required.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Lazyfire posted:

Late night Friday and most of Saturday evening I'm going to try to be on and record some games, so prime bullet/complaint catching time.

Like JFC said, Mumble up and watch me and others slide into drunken slumber over the course of several hours.

Deal.

I just finished my semester, bought a decent scotch, gonna get drunk on WW1 action and will harass ya'll then.

Never FPS sober...never.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Anyone else having their BF1 start in Offline mode since the patch?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I didn't get a chance to play last night but it looks like the new patch broke the game? everyone is saying how the netcode has gone to poo poo.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

We had some weird rubber banding happening last night, but it wasn't terrible.

A lot of the complaints are coming from people with 100+ pings. The new netcode settings have upset a lot of people who play outside of their own region.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

I had a few hiccups last night but I was also installing something in the background with Steam so it could have been that too.

I'll try again tonight.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

afkmacro posted:

I didn't get a chance to play last night but it looks like the new patch broke the game? everyone is saying how the netcode has gone to poo poo.

They made it so if you are ping gets high enough you are switched from client to server side hit detection.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Applied to KUMT as Ahdinko

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Applied to the clan thing as snorrence. Couldn't figure out how to log back into CTS, sorry.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/67x3rj/the_latency_restriction_is_game_breaking/

A dice dev made some comments about the changes. The hostility is great.
Players in SEA saying that they played fine with 280+ pings to West Coast servers before the patch, but that the changes make it impossible to reliably hit people now. A few comments comparing Dice to Trump. And a few more placing the blame on casual players that need to be protected from superior high ping players from Asia.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Should auto ban players with pings that high. From Origin.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Lmao I was playing Giant's Shadow as a medic on the British army team, picked up a dead enemy soldier's lmg because I ran out of rifle rounds, and my player character's voice/call outs turned German

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Symetrique posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/67x3rj/the_latency_restriction_is_game_breaking/

A dice dev made some comments about the changes. The hostility is great.
Players in SEA saying that they played fine with 280+ pings to West Coast servers before the patch, but that the changes make it impossible to reliably hit people now. A few comments comparing Dice to Trump. And a few more placing the blame on casual players that need to be protected from superior high ping players from Asia.

The funniest part is the devs acting like idiots and essentially telling people to get better internet or play with local players when they can despite knowing some areas have no local servers and low player counts. Like, they are so incredibly smug about it you can't help but laugh.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

DoctorStrangelove posted:

They made it so if you are ping gets high enough you are switched from client to server side hit detection.

I live in Alaska, so my "home" region I guess is US West, which means 80-90 ping, US East is 120 ping. I've never had people in game call me a laggy rear end in a top hat when at 120 ping, but according to DICE I am and apparently shouldn't play outside Alaska on all those official servers they host here :rolleyes:

Guess I won't be playing with goons at all since US East is the preferred area, and I'll be on server side hit detection.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

JFC posted:

Too bad this emblem I made would get reported. It would be a good one for KUMT.

And yet swastika and SS-fanboys run rampant. The struggle is real.

finagler
Jun 22, 2000

Beer: Serious Business

Anti-Hero posted:

I live in Alaska, so my "home" region I guess is US West, which means 80-90 ping, US East is 120 ping. I've never had people in game call me a laggy rear end in a top hat when at 120 ping, but according to DICE I am and apparently shouldn't play outside Alaska on all those official servers they host here :rolleyes:

Guess I won't be playing with goons at all since US East is the preferred area, and I'll be on server side hit detection.

US West here, although I typically get 8-11 ping.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I generally play alone or with my own buds but I've applied as Schutgunner to rep KUMT regardless.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

It would be nice if there actually were US West servers to play on

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

How are the new guns?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Anti-Hero posted:

120 ping should be ok. Allegedly it only kicks in at >200.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

DoctorStrangelove posted:

120 ping should be ok. Allegedly it only kicks in at >200.

That Reddit link and the patch notes state 100 ping is the threshold for transition to server side detection.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Good news, most pubbies are happy to embrace the new medic feature. Bad news? they have no sense of when to actually wait. Have fun running into entire squads or their recent killer camping their corpse!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

SeanBeansShako posted:

Good news, most pubbies are happy to embrace the new medic feature. Bad news? they have no sense of when to actually wait. Have fun running into entire squads or their recent killer camping their corpse!

This is me. Slam Q then slam Z as I dive-prone next to your corpse to revive you so we can both die together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Wirth1000 posted:

This is me. Slam Q then slam Z as I dive-prone next to your corpse to revive you so we can both die together.

:same:

If you aren't drive-by reviving under heavy fire then are you may as well play assault.