Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

That was a very anticlimactic hold-the-door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Uranium Phoenix posted:

Wait, you think moat is lying and you go with this?

Sombre is rude and thus deserve to die

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

##Unvote
##Vote Tired Moritz

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Tired Moritz posted:

Cool. Meanwhile, I'd rather find and lynch scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

i love that you had this entire thread waiting for you, i was like 'ahh holy poo poo finally a break,' and then you bust in with WELL I THINK THE SETUP WOULDN'T WORK THAT WAY.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
But seriously though, why is everyone just accepting that the Moat just randomly turned to a cop?

Why are you guys so gullible? There's a missing vt turned doc. The fact that you're questioning ny claim instead of a claim MADE UNDER PRESSURE BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO BE LYNCHED is so stupid.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

At this point I have a huge list of People I'm Down to Execute because you're all scum (and some of you are even scum aligned) but right now we need to build consensus so:
1) TM is a great vote
2) I'm also down to try and execute Lord of Hats again; often
3) Fine executing Quandary or any of the other suspicious lurkers

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

But seriously though, why is everyone just accepting that the Moat just randomly turned to a cop?

Why are you guys so gullible? There's a missing vt turned doc. The fact that you're questioning ny claim instead of a claim MADE UNDER PRESSURE BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO BE LYNCHED is so stupid.

is literally anyone accepting that

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, to be fair Tired, Moat wasn't that close to be lynched when he claimed. He was only at 5 votes and we need 12 to lynch.

Votefinder is currently wrong about the number of people in the game, but I believe the votecount itself is right.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I prefer moat to quandary

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Tired Moritz posted:

1) It seems to be semi-confirmed by 100yrs
2) Now it looks like you're fishing for a doc, which is a Pretty Scummy Move imo

Any docs out there please do not claim. But also don't protect non-town aligned people, tia

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Somberbrero posted:

i love that you had this entire thread waiting for you, i was like 'ahh holy poo poo finally a break,' and then you bust in with WELL I THINK THE SETUP WOULDN'T WORK THAT WAY.

Tbh I didn't expect people to focus on what I have to say anyway. Considering that everyone belittle me when I post, I always post assuming people are just going to ignore me.

I woke up, saw moat's garbage claim and type out Moat is lying. You guys hype yourself up smh.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TMMadman posted:

Well, to be fair Tired, Moat wasn't that close to be lynched when he claimed. He was only at 5 votes and we need 12 to lynch.

Votefinder is currently wrong about the number of people in the game, but I believe the votecount itself is right.

He's still one of the more likely people going to be lynched. He probably just scrolled the last page, freak out when he saw people talking about how they don't mind lynching and immediately thought up of a claim.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
kill tired moritz

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

this is a stickup posted:

kill tired moritz

dumb is not scum

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Uranium Phoenix posted:

1) It seems to be semi-confirmed by 100yrs
2) Now it looks like you're fishing for a doc, which is a Pretty Scummy Move imo

Any docs out there please do not claim. But also don't protect non-town aligned people, tia

I'm not fishing. I'm saying the vt turned doc doesn't exist.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

dumb is not scum

fair but does it matter in this case

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Between you and him, his claim feels like it holds a lot more water. Yours doesn't necessarily. You claimed doc out of nowhere,, and while there may be more than one doc, you did not receive my suggestion, despite protecting Hats anyway. That's dodgy to me. It's not an out and out contradiction but it doesn't line up with what I know about my role.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

dumb is not scum

This. TM isn't scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote

Still have more to read but Moat's story checks out.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm not fishing. I'm saying the vt turned doc doesn't exist.

"moat is lying because he said 2 vts became a cop and a doc and 100yrs is the boss BUT THAT'S LIE because if he DIED we would have no COPS!!

oh btw hi guys im doc, this is fine and normal"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

one would expect the doc and cop to work the same way. it makes sense for tm to assume that the other power role would be assigned cop at birth.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
this defense is weird af stick

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also killing Moat would actually give us information, we learned Yrs's abilities and we get proper confirmation that Keane is inno. We also learn that we got an extra doc.

What do we get if you kill me? gently caress all.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm kind of torn here.

I kind of want to crack open this 100Yrs/Moritz/Moat egg and see what shakes out, but I'm also kind of concerned about it. Like, say we vote Moat (or any of them really) and it turns out he isn't scum, I'm afraid we end up chasing one of the other two down the rabbit hole tomorrow and it just turns into a distraction.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

an important part of moat's claim is that it doesn't require him to be town at all.

the process to assign the power role he claims is ~mysterious~, so it's very possible a scum could end up with the brutal cop power (if that's what happened)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Can confirm Moat is not lying about using an action last night.

If he'd claimed VT or that he didn't do anything he'd have been caught.

Still like Quandary for scum.

##vote Quandary

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Also killing Moat would actually give us information, we learned Yrs's abilities and we get proper confirmation that Keane is inno. We also learn that we got an extra doc.

What do we get if you kill me? gently caress all.

keane is town. i can confirm.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

this defense is weird af stick

tbh at this point I just want to kill tired moritz for every reason

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pinterest Mom posted:

an important part of moat's claim is that it doesn't require him to be town at all.

the process to assign the power role he claims is ~mysterious~, so it's very possible a scum could end up with the brutal cop power (if that's what happened)

I thought about this but a scum brutal cop is so bizarre I'd prefer to think he's just lying about it through his teeth

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hmm ... let's kill wins instead

a man who i'm voting for empty-voting confirmed town player CCKeane

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

I'm kind of torn here.

I kind of want to crack open this 100Yrs/Moritz/Moat egg and see what shakes out, but I'm also kind of concerned about it. Like, say we vote Moat (or any of them really) and it turns out he isn't scum, I'm afraid we end up chasing one of the other two down the rabbit hole tomorrow and it just turns into a distraction.

and I kind of agree with this tbh, but if it's a bunch of janitored kills again we're not in good shape otherwise

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also we have more people confirming Keane is town which makes his report even more worthless.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Also we have more people confirming Keane is town which makes his report even more worthless.

we do?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

what

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

look, not that i disagree with you. but 'so-and-so is worthless so let's kill him' is terrible reasoning. 'so-and-so made an argument for why they are town that conveniently proves nothing about them at all' is better.

i could be convinced that Moat was scum hoping to brutalize a 3p keane. but i don't think anyone should be convinced by 'let's kill him for more info ... now that we have info let's kill him anyway'.

that doesn't make sense.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Ernie. posted:

keane is town. i can confirm.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also i am not a cop.

i'm a weak ... something.

breadcrumb:

Ernie. posted:

I want to be an astronaut when I grow up.
I enjoy it when you recycle your steak joke.
I am going to have more posts in this game than votefinder.

I know which of your sentences is the truth btw.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Ernie. posted:

look, not that i disagree with you. but 'so-and-so is worthless so let's kill him' is terrible reasoning. 'so-and-so made an argument for why they are town that conveniently proves nothing about them at all' is better.

i could be convinced that Moat was scum hoping to brutalize a 3p keane. but i don't think anyone should be convinced by 'let's kill him for more info ... now that we have info let's kill him anyway'.

that doesn't make sense.

Ugh, I guess so. I suppose the best solution is let Moat live for one day and see if they can actually kill a scum. The vt turned doc should protect him, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Ernie. posted:

also i am not a cop.

i'm a weak ... something.

breadcrumb:

I am a weak something too.

• Locked thread