Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
the most dangerous PMC of all: the People's Military of China

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Koorisch posted:

After this kind of punishment the Dictator is definitly going to bring out all the big guns though, probably going to hire in a real nasty PMC to deal with us.

Honestly, what PMC would want to go against us? We've already crippled the Angolan Air Force and the Sultan's First. If I was running a PMC, I'd think long and hard about whether I'd take a contract in Angola right now.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011

Quinntan posted:

Honestly, what PMC would want to go against us? We've already crippled the Angolan Air Force and the Sultan's First. If I was running a PMC, I'd think long and hard about whether I'd take a contract in Angola right now.

A desperate one or one which is looking to make a name. I'd say, let them! :getin:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
on the other hand, mercenaries aren't famous for good long-term thinking when there's money to be made.

:capitalism:

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Koorisch posted:

After this kind of punishment the Dictator is definitly going to bring out all the big guns though, probably going to hire in a real nasty PMC to deal with us.
You mean that wasn't the big guns???

Yooper I think you forgot to change the color of the airfield Mbeke siezed.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
For procurement I'm going to restate my earlier suggestion, four tornadoes, one prowler and one MQ-9

Edit: further down the road I'd like to pick up an IFR-capable AEW&C aircraft.

Quinntan fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Apr 30, 2017

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think if we're having trouble with swarms of third gen fighters then we need to get some fifth gen ones then.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Is this going to be available on YouTube later because twitch is broken bullshit that won't play non-live videos for me?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Quinntan posted:

Considering lost aircraft, we made a real profit of $22,945,000 from that mission

Is the lithium profit included in the bonus?

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

MrYenko posted:

Is this going to be available on YouTube later because twitch is broken bullshit that won't play non-live videos for me?

Just click on the H-G logo in Yooper's post.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BykilS816E

You get to choose one of the three options, or Wild Willie's. You can choose to not take everything from a supplier and I'll adjust the price accordingly. But you can only choose one supplier. It's more fun to try and struggle with what we have, rather than what we want. I try to take into account what people would like to have while not giving you everything you'd want. Now I'm off to go trout fishing!

If you decide to buy the boat, I'll make sure there's opportunities to loseuse it.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is the lithium profit included in the bonus?

Nope, separate.

Herbert says, "the Current Balance is $250,000,000 yo motherfucka."

Yooper fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 30, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

K&P ain't led us wrong yet, and we need to replace some strike losses.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

BFLM, all of it, no question.

e: honestly I'd be fine with any of this though I think the Ivanovs' is the least useful (and I have no idea wtf to do with that boat), I just really want an Aardvark, that F-15 can mount all kinds of weird poo poo, and the F5-E variant in question can actually mount BVR missiles!

power crystals fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 30, 2017

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Frogfeet and a BOTE!!!!! Hell yes.

IVANOV

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
K&P, it's got the most utility for us.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
God I want that F-111 but there's only one of them and those Saudi Tornadoes have the ALARM so:

K&P

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

BFLM for my vote. That F-15SA is a monster.

After seeing our HARMs get shot out of the air, I'm once again an advocate for SDB's as our main SEAD weapon. A bit shorter range, but jamming should have us covered.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 30, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
And now I pontificate on our options

The only reason to go for this is the Frogfoots which are of the type we already operate
The corvette has bugger all for actual weapons bar some very short ranged torpedoes, and any anti-ship missile from the shittiest missile boat will be able to destroy it
The Foxbat is only for dropping unguided bombs, and we really don't like unguided bombs.

Far and away the most utility here, everything has PGMs and the Saudi Tornadoes can launch two Storm Shadows or up to five ALARM anti-radar missiles.
The AMX is a cheap little strike bird, much in the same vein as the Hawks we already have
The Mirage also fits into that niche

The Tigers are not what we want. They're only utility for us is in the air-to-air role because we've so far proven to be very reluctant to use unguided bombs, and in the air to air role they're also very limited.
The Aardvark is also... not great. It can toss a shitload of unguided bombs, but have we dropped a single one so far? Beyond that, they only carry a pair of Paveways or Popeyes or maybe four Harpoons, but we've decided that anti-ship strikes are to be carried out by Gripens.
The only real standout is the F-15SA, with its AESA radar and good complement of precision munitions. Ultimately though, I think we get better value from K&P
Indian-built anti-ship Jaguars. Other than a pair of Harpoons, no precision guided ordinance. C'mon Willie, you're breaking my heart here. You couldn't have found ex-RAF ones?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

K&P

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
K&P all the way!

The reasons have been well told by Quinntan. They are good replacements/upgrades for the fleet. Also the tornado's can carry 12 Brimstones!
The American package only gives 1 of both the good planes. And that's not that usefull for our operations.
With the Ruskies only the Frogfoot's/Frogfeet are interesting (those scallions!). However the tornado's also carry a good anti-tank missile so I would still stick with K&P.
What Willie offers isn't that great either beside for antiship, which the Gripens can handle, just ask the Chinese.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Quinntan posted:

The Aardvark is also... not great. It can toss a shitload of unguided bombs, but have we dropped a single one so far? Beyond that, they only carry a pair of Paveways or Popeyes or maybe four Harpoons, but we've decided that anti-ship strikes are to be carried out by Gripens.

Yeah, if we want to live the F-111 dream we need to magically find some USAF F-111Fs that someone has stashed in a barn somewhere, the Australian Cs are... not so good.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
K&P

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
K&P without a doubt.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Those ex-Saudi Tornadoes are really, really versatile, plus AMX and Mirages are useful strike assets. Those two Tornadoes can unload 24 Brimstones from 16 miles away and wipe out a tank company each in a single sortie. They can also kill radars, shut down runways with JP233s, and even kill ships. So we really want those.

Everything else is really mediocre except for that F-15SA, but we can only get one. So voting for K&P

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

K&P

Euro-planes have done good so far, i see no reason to miss out on more.

Also holy poo poo that last mission.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
BFLM. I love F-15s. :allears:

OK, K&P is probably the best choice here - even if the others contained some of my childhood favourites.

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 30, 2017

Anghammarad
Jan 3, 2010

Ruining your domestic car industry since 1968
Its got to be K+P for me:

Tornados with ALARM, Brimstone, and stormshadow? they'd be veeery useful when the dictator makes another push.

And hey, when we get bored of them, load em up with some JP233s, and go on a suicide run to someones airfield. Cause it worked so well in GW1 :doh:

The AMX and Mirage would make handy aditions also

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I much prefer this method Yooper; thanks!

And with Quinntan's arguments I vote for K&P

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Oh god drat it the one time we're offered a boat, it's borderline worthless and has a huge opportunity cost :negative:

As much as it pains me to pass on Boatse, K&P.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

K&P, but I still think we should try to pick up some F-111Fs (preferably more than one at once)

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

So the boat is tempting, but there isn't really a choice beyond K&P, right?

Also I (Hard Pink) had a really good mission - after all, I must have been high as balls to not eject as my pilot (Crusader) ran our Vietnam-era Jet, armed with only guns, at a fully functional loving Flanker! What the christ?!

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Quinntan posted:

Indian-built anti-ship Jaguars. Other than a pair of Harpoons, no precision guided ordinance. C'mon Willie, you're breaking my heart here. You couldn't have found ex-RAF ones?

You know, I want to point something out:

Why is this an option when nobody asked for it? We might want to read between the lines on this one...

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I asked for Jaguars ages ago when I was begging for Eurotrash jets (we need more Eurotrash jets)

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

simplefish posted:

I asked for Jaguars ages ago when I was begging for Eurotrash jets (we need more Eurotrash jets)

Yeah but there's a ton of Jaguar variants out there and nobody's expressed a (non-joking) interest in sinking more ships that I'm aware of.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
I've also been eyeing up Jags for a good while. A shame they're not British or French ones.

power crystals posted:

Yeah but there's a ton of Jaguar variants out there and nobody's expressed a (non-joking) interest in sinking more ships that I'm aware of.

They and the Indian IS Jags (identical apart from the lack of Harpoons) are the only ones currently in service

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

K&P seems to give us the most bang for our buck and replaces everything we've lost.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

The Sultan has an update for us. (Thanks to Jimmy400nav for putting this, and a few other surprises together)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r96fewjT1lA

Yooper fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 30, 2017

Anghammarad
Jan 3, 2010

Ruining your domestic car industry since 1968

Quinntan posted:

I've also been eyeing up Jags for a good while. A shame they're not British or French ones.

They and the Indian IS Jags (identical apart from the lack of Harpoons) are the only ones currently in service

Yup, the RAF Jags went to become ground crew training airframes a long time ago. They'll have been run up and taxied daily, but thy've been taken apart that many times they're probably worn out by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
Got to go with K&P. Between the ARMs, Cruise Missiles, and Brimstones, the Tornadoes are really flexible. The others I could take or leave, but they aren't bad aircraft.

Although if we could buy more than 1 F-15, I'd be tempted.