Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Yes, let's encourage new people to repeatedly pull for exactly one starter. I'm sure they'll find that very fun and exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Persephone is gonna be so far and away the absolute best starter in the game that the tier list should be, quite frankly, "Persephone" and "Everything else". Not joking. She'll be above, like, late 2013 Horus in absolute unequivocal best pull in the game.

Your regular reminder that tier lists are garbage and the best advice for new players still is and always will be "run with whatever you start with, get some swole goon friends, and just puzzle."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

UHD posted:

Your regular reminder that tier lists are garbage and the best advice for new players still is and always will be "run with whatever you start with, get some swole goon friends, and just puzzle."

I made an alt account on my kindle and my starting roll was a unit whose LS can't even operate properly without evolving and awakening them (needs enhanced orbs), followed by a garbage-tier dark unit. The only reason I didn't reroll is :effort: and that I can't get PAD to run on Nox (probably because it's set to run as a rooted device, IDK). Telling new players to reroll for top tier stuff is bad, there are still some utter trash pulls you can get that make the game much more slow and unfun early on.

That said, the last time I looked at the tier list it had probably 100+ units on it which is ridiculous.

e: With Indra inherits, do people just stick with the non-awoken 3 turn version, or is the awoken/reincarnated skill preferred? Noticed the Indian awakening mats will be available tomorrow and I'm thinking of awakening and reincarnating mine (it's unskilled atm either way).

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 1, 2017

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Yes, let's encourage new people to repeatedly pull for exactly one starter. I'm sure they'll find that very fun and exciting.

Tier lists are, indeed, stupid, but if it's gonna exist (it shouldn't) it should at least be honest.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aaaaaaaaaand I'm loving DONE with this poo poo.

XP Farmed: 452,052,500
XP Bonus: 1.17
TOTAL FEEDS: 1035

I kept a session of poo poo for DAthena tomorrow so save a Noel since this XP is still free.

Now to update my pad herder and figure out how much XP i burnt / overfed!

EDIT: More Stats:
Ranks gained: 25 (594 now)
I overfed about 11 million xp. :lol:

I would need an additional 250M to max out every card in my box (at it's current state / not counting evos/revos) and that includes a ton of poo poo that doesn't need XP.

Either way this event owned and I'm happy I got this taken care of. I can probably start dumping excess stamina on dragons and actually finish leveling everything in the upcoming months.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 1, 2017

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Evil Fluffy posted:

That's my plan unless someone can convince me that he actually has some ultra-kickass meta use that I'm not seeing.

Kakkab (and the other cyberbeasts/dragons) have good actives and good awakenings, including bind resistance. Their main pitfall is mediocre stats having 650~680 weighted. They work well as mid-tier filler subs for teams in general.

Kakkab for instance can work on DAthena, since it has Devil type, 3 TPAs, and SBR. I'm certainly not saying you should get her just because you have a Kakkab, but it can work there if the need was relevant.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

maou shoujo posted:

Kakkab (and the other cyberbeasts/dragons) have good actives and good awakenings, including bind resistance. Their main pitfall is mediocre stats having 650~680 weighted. They work well as mid-tier filler subs for teams in general.

Kakkab for instance can work on DAthena, since it has Devil type, 3 TPAs, and SBR. I'm certainly not saying you should get her just because you have a Kakkab, but it can work there if the need was relevant.

I have a pair of Persephones, Loki, Sima Yi, and a bunch of other stuff that'd be more useful on a D.Athena team. Sounds like he's getting sold off.

Looking at my box I realized I have Famiel and hadn't realized her 100k hit is true damage (in addition to the board change). So far my likely inherits for a D.Athena team are Zeta-Hydra (Athena), Famiel(Persephone?), Indra(???), Nim(Loki), and then IDK after that. I'd have to double check but Nim looks like the best spike damage active I could bring, though it wouldn't affect units like Loki and Sima Yi so Loki's active might be better overall? :shrug:

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

UHD posted:

This exactly. Eventually you'll pull some poo poo together and make a team. Re-rolling sucks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

just about done with the normal challenege dungeons now and I'm so tired of remaking my team every floor

stuff like this is why the game should allow you to advance to the next floor of a dungeon from the completion screen without backing you out

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Evil Fluffy posted:

I made an alt account on my kindle and my starting roll was a unit whose LS can't even operate properly without evolving and awakening them (needs enhanced orbs), followed by a garbage-tier dark unit.

My Alt has a best friend who's had a level 22 Cloud of Darkness and a lv 14 Galbreath for about a year now. Never deviated, never leveled up, just the same two weird monsters forever. Plays every day, gets 100 pal points every day.

I don't know what's going on there. :psyduck:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Free roll from the monhan rem in JP got me a Dinovaldo/Glavenus (3658), which is 6-stars but somehow I still feel ripped off.

E: Ok, the rates for the REM are 75% 5-star, 22% 6-star, 3% good poo poo.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 1, 2017

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
That monhun splash screen is pretty sweet. Rolled some meh 5-star.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Anyone gonna have a DAthena with a Fujin inherit? Probably gonna burn my BF on that.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

junan_paalla posted:

That monhun splash screen is pretty sweet. Rolled some meh 5-star.

The splash screen is top-tier, and the monsters are kinda clunky (although bonus point for some of the weird-rear end skills), but -surprise!- there is going to be a Yama-P stream where he's going to buff whatever he rolls. Which I guess is the reason they gave the mons so few or awkward awakenings.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Rascyc posted:

Anyone gonna have a DAthena with a Fujin inherit? Probably gonna burn my BF on that.

Yup.

Will be +277 for like a day until I get the last few pluses.
I've put 5 SDRs on her too as I have a stack of them.

OK, all done.

Ilm, is in slot 2, and RAstaroth in 3, I can swap to other stuff though

I've cleared spaces if anyone else wants on

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 1, 2017

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Those MH player characters you get by mail & evo are pretty good too, this collab is neat. Lots of grinding for evo mats though and low stats, but very decent skills and awokens.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

go

ebacho
Oct 26, 2010
If anyone else wants to add a DAthena with Fujin inherit I have one on mine, 301,659,335

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Got my DAthena hypermaxed and blinged out with 5 SDR and Facet inherit. :smug:

Some interesting choices some people make when I look at other DAth havers on my list, two people have physical killers for some reason.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Physical killers are the main one to have on DAthena I'm pretty sure. I'll let someone else explain why though (I don't know!)

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
for those who were interested in the ranking dungeon/puzzcombo drama on JP, it's over!

gungho increased the crown score range from 1% to 3%, and is refunding ALL the stamina that people used for the ranking dungeon - basically total stamina used divided by your max stamina, rounded up. for some people this is gonna be well over 100 stones refunded, so it's pretty huge.

ranking dungeon saved!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I can't afford D.Athena just yet but I'm going to have Zeta-Hydra on her due to not owning Fujin (I do have Raijin, dunno who I'd inherit her on to though).

cryptoclastic posted:

Physical killers are the main one to have on DAthena I'm pretty sure. I'll let someone else explain why though (I don't know!)

Phys killers on D.Athena for killing Karin in A3 I believe.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Phys killers on D.Athena for killing Karin in A3 I believe.

What? Like, what has Karin done to you? I think you're mistaking sassy with forehead.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Does anyone have a link to that "should I get Dathena" page that broke down what subs and inherits you ideally wanted, what subs would serve as replacements, which of them you should have minimum before you bought her?

WCL
Dec 26, 2008

NYAAAH-AH-AH!
I need D. Athena's with Carat or Facet inherit for friends.

Only have 1 SDR currently and will add balanced killer or SDR as I get them.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WCL posted:

I need D. Athena's with Carat or Facet inherit for friends.

Only have 1 SDR currently and will add balanced killer or SDR as I get them.

Probably going to be pretty rare, almost everyone is going to have their enhance on their Durga/Loki/Okuninushi.

Anyway I have a Lumiel on mine so friend away.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Threw DAthena with Orochi on her but that appears to be what the majority are using so I'll probably switch to Facet (currently on Durga) or Lumiel (currently on Persephone)

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Still gotta decide on Inherit and latents but its in the box at least.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also where do I farm skill delay latents I could have sworn I had 1-2 saved but well.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Everything is so... Effortless.

Wow.

ID 346,841,255 for hyper Dathena with Fujin.

Looking for Facet buddies.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bonus DAthena + Spillover round this morning complete.

XP farming final number is 460,950,000. Couldn't even manage to do half a billion.

:suicide:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

HAHA AND I JUST YOLO ROLLED A DARK KALI TODAY IS THE BEST PAD DAY EVER BUYING RACHICKEN BRB

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Paul Zuvella posted:

HAHA AND I JUST YOLO ROLLED A DARK KALI TODAY IS THE BEST PAD DAY EVER BUYING RACHICKEN BRB

HI RACHICKEN BRO

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Got my Dathena hypered, 6 latent slots. 4 SDR's and two placeholders until i get a good killer latent. Orochi is inherited on mine l, since that seems to be the standard. ID is 389,048,341, she's in slot one.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Pulled Silk, Napoleon, and Gadius. I'm feeling like the game just really really wants me to build a Dantalion team.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
My DAthena has Facet so you can add me, I'd send you guys invites but :effort:.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

isndl posted:

My DAthena has Facet so you can add me, I'd send you guys invites but :effort:.

Went to add you, Turns out we're already buds.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Not only will my DAthena(Fujin) be available some time this week (need to farm +eggs from quest STTD and level her), I'll also have NYTengu(Trailo) up some time in the next day or two if you want to zombie super Satan. I can't remember my friend code off the top of my head, but I'm BFFs with like half the thread at this point.

E: 399,466,395

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 1, 2017

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
It's like 2014 but instead of valkyries, my friends list is full of D.Athena.

And just like 2014, I too am on the bandwagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah I realize now that using my BFF on a DAthena would be really, really stupid.

Also I cleared Arena II three times on my commute with almost no issue (I died once on Dark Kali because I got Yomi Waved)

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 1, 2017