Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I can totally believe that last one because there are So Many Dogs in Boston when the weather is nice and people generally don't mind if you stop and say hi to them.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
It's a collection of stories about large men having human feelings and fears, what a concept

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

It's a collection of stories about large men having human feelings and fears, what a concept

The size equivalent to "black people have hobbies and play video games" stories

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

sweeperbravo posted:

My stdh.txt filter automatically translated "rough looking boys" into "blacks", especially after the "bro". I was surprised all of the descriptors weren't like that.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

sweeperbravo posted:

That reminds me of an "A black dude talked to me on the train about Goku and I was like whoa" thing

These motherfuckers don't know black people loving LOVE Dragonball

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
What's with black twitter and sponge bob?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

spongebob has been airing continually for the past 18 years

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Alaois posted:

spongebob has been airing continually for the past 18 years

I've never seen it but I have seen a lot of references.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

That reminds me of an "A black dude talked to me on the train about Goku and I was like whoa" thing

These motherfuckers don't know black people loving LOVE Dragonball

Everybody loves Dragonball. The great unifier of humanity is our desire to scream at the top of our lungs and punch aliens in the face.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

shit_that_didn't_happen.txt: Sir, I believe you’ve just been outwitted by a child

Manager: Sir I believe you've just been involved in poo poo that didn't happen. I suggest you run from the store while visibly shaking and crying and marry Albert Einstein immediately.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

NtotheTC posted:

Manager: Sir I believe you've just been involved in poo poo that didn't happen. I suggest you run from the store while visibly shaking and crying and marry Albert Einstein immediately.

Don't forget the dropping of his jaw and turning a deep shade of purple.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

I like that the guy in the second story helpfully launched into story exposition mode.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Catberry posted:

What's with black twitter and sponge bob?

The black Twitter subreddit isn't actually full of black people

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Drunk Tomato posted:

The black Twitter subreddit isn't actually full of black people

I know, I know. I just wonder where the connection comes from.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Catberry posted:

I know, I know. I just wonder where the connection comes from.

Bunch of white teenagers who think it would be hilarious if thugs black people watched a children's cartoon?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
cultural meme appropriation is the internet's holocaust

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
from the iosm thread.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
what the gently caress is right

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
ninety six likes to that last statement by the mom. These people have been waiting for some poo poo like this to go down

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

and that (imminent) baby was...

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

and that (imminent) baby was...

Born with a few webbed toes, as well as a couple of other deformities.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Leavemywife posted:

Born with a few webbed toes, as well as a couple of other deformities.

Albort Ensten

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Was pointed out in the IoSM thread, but this is clearly real because everybody says "what the gently caress *mom name*, mom" when they are trying to talk to their mother.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

kazil posted:

Albort Ensten

Abort, Einstein!

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

TheMostFrench posted:

Abort, Einstein!

Abortionstein

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

piss explosion posted:

Abortionstein

That was the doctor's name!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Some Idiot Redditor posted:

So, my lady friend gets a call from her cousin saying he has a college film project due, but can't seem to get his fake blood to look just right. She is a theatre/ photography type, so she agrees to help him whip up some better stage blood.
So we do, but its still not quite right. It looks perfect to the naked eye, but still not perfect on camera.
So its getting pretty late. We decide to take the bottle home and work on adding a little more pigment to help it out. We were parked on the other side of a large park. At this pont it's almost 11pm and we haven't seen anyone the entire walk.
As we are walking, I'm talking with my hands when I hit her arm and knock the bottle out of her hand on a concrete wheelchair ramp.
The bottle splits open and every drop of "blood" pours out. All 32oz. It looked like a Tarantino flick. Its running down the ramp. Real horror show.
But we're not too worried. First of all its threatening to rain, so we figure it will wash away. Also there aren't alot of people in the park. So we figure if nothing else we will get to the car, fill a bottle with water and go wash it down, if it doesn't rain before.
We walk about 10 more minutes to the car, fill a bottle with water from the fountain and start driving back. Until we see the police SUV flying down the road toward us. Hauling rear end, lights blazing
He hits us with the spotlight, but then turns it off and pulls into the nearest parking lot closest to the spill. I'm like "we should tell him" but she is a bit freaked out. So I say "ok I'll pull into a good spot, leave you in the car and run and tell em what happened." As soon as I pull over another cop in a cruiser pulls up and tells us we need to clear the area. I'm like "well...I wanted to...". And he drives off midsentence toward the other cop.
Then another cruiser comes. This cop motions for us to leave. So we do as she said. I wasn't looking forward to talking to them anyway.
Not sure whatever came of it, but I'm sure they figured it out.
TL,DR - Walking in a park. Carrying stage blood from a film project. Drop it. It goes everywhere. Looks like a slaughter has taken place. Police are summoned. We make our getaway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/68n1wj/tifu_by_spilling_a_massive_amount_of_blood_in_a/

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Ants

quote:

This Troper has stuff he said constantly quoted back at him from all directions. You'd be amazed how quickly the phrase "Bullet Ants" becomes annoying.

Congo

quote:

This troper's comedy club will congo line out of a preformance singing "Yellow Submerine" after an off hand line about the bright yellow shirts we wear to preformances. This troper catches some flak from being a lifeguard after he was nominated for an officer position. The girl he was running against was an over-achiever and was listing all the clubs she had been involved with prior to his own speech, so when it was his turn, the his decleration of the fact he was a lifeguard was met with laughter. To be fair, I had a point and I did get more votes than her (incumbant still won), but whatever the point was, it has been lost to time.

Penny

quote:

Happens frequently with this troper her friends and her family. Often riddled with Shout Outs to comedians with her friends. One of the two that still live on despite the years with her brother is from an old Evangelion parody fandub, in which everytime Gendou was mentioned, it'd go "IT'S GENDOU" and start a little baseline tune (which is awfully similar to Gaara of the Funk). There was a point in which a piece of paper with "It's Gendou!" written on it would pass back and forth between the two bedrooms. The second one is much more recent, in which the siblings will say both at random times and when the opportunity arises, is "I found a penny!", in reference to the english version of this Black Cat page. It must be said in a ridiculously stupid voice. It was actually a bit of a Crowning Moment Of Heartwarming when this troper once wrote a note to her brother about some stupid stuff she'd done, and in an attempt to cheer him up, taped a penny to the paper and wrote the second meme. It surprised her when she found the note on her bed later. She turned it over to find "IT'S GENDOU" written on the back. He ended up brightening up her mood with that simple line that hadn't been mentioned in years.

Sudo

quote:

This Troper's friend has a website and a forum which has spawned a few exclusive memes (3 of which this troper has perpetuated), like Man Sudo (apparently a sudo command but is used as a superhero, MAN SUDO TO THE RESCUE), the overmention of Zimbabwe, Colour Pencils verses Color Pencils and this long word thing. And, to this troper's disbelief, there is a small wiki dedicated to it. ...

Overcook

quote:

This troper is proud to say he started a meme at someone else's school. I told a friend of mine about a fanfic involving a severed head shouting "I'm going to overcook!" My friend then proceeded to shout this line in response to a perfectly reasonable question at his school the next day. Needless to say, numerous people at his school will now randomly shout that they are going to overcook. I'm so happy...

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Yeah, you can just buy fake blood. One kind the dollar store has sometimes is fine

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

This didn't happen in so many ways--if it has any truth in it at all, there was probably a real crime in the vicinity and these idiots figured it was because of their dumb fake blood. But that's far too interesting to have happened to a redditor, and I think most redditors know this, which is why they must create false stories to show how awesome their lives must be as if no one on the internet can figure out how inane their lives actually are.

Also this story is boring and dumb and the fact anyone would think their miserable existence is validated by a story that amounts to "we spilled fake blood lol so crazy amirite?!" probably explains why they are doomed to post on reddit for eternity

e: Also LOL at the logic of "she is a theatre/photography type" so certainly she can whip up some fake blood in a jiffy! All of those "theatre" types of course possess this useless skill, especially those who are photographers

life is killing me has a new favorite as of 06:15 on May 2, 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Khazar-khum posted:

Ants

Congo

Penny

Sudo

Overcook

I do not understand any of these

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I do not understand any of these

Yeah none sound like stdh, they're just all mind numbingly boring.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Khazar-khum posted:

This troper's comedy club will congo line out of a preformance singing "Yellow Submerine" after an off hand line about the bright yellow shirts we wear to preformances. This troper catches some flak from being a lifeguard after he was nominated for an officer position. The girl he was running against was an over-achiever and was listing all the clubs she had been involved with prior to his own speech, so when it was his turn, the his decleration of the fact he was a lifeguard was met with laughter. To be fair, I had a point and I did get more votes than her (incumbant still won), but whatever the point was, it has been lost to time.

This one is all over the place. Does the first line have anything whatsoever to do with the following ones? Who cares that he lost an election? And what is he even trying to say in the last sentence?

Anyway I could definitely see the first sentence happening with some obnoxious improv group, and I guarantee they are the only ones who find it funny and any applause they get from it is due to the fact that they are leaving the stage.

I am beginning to suspect these tropers may not be all that smart and may, in fact, be idiots.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

yeah I eat rear end posted:

This one is all over the place. Does the first line have anything whatsoever to do with the following ones? Who cares that he lost an election? And what is he even trying to say in the last sentence?

Anyway I could definitely see the first sentence happening with some obnoxious improv group, and I guarantee they are the only ones who find it funny and any applause they get from it is due to the fact that they are leaving the stage.

I am beginning to suspect these tropers may not be all that smart and may, in fact, be idiots.

As far as I can tell, the theme of this lot of Troper Fails seems to be that they made a meme. So the Troper once mentioned he was a lifeguard in a student election and now it is occasionally referenced in conversation and obviously hilarious.

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

RZA Encryption posted:

Yeah none sound like stdh, they're just all mind numbingly boring.

Troper tales are always mind numbingly boring.. The one good thing is they always seem to start with that obnoxious "this troper.." line which prompts me to skip right past the entire post.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

piss explosion posted:

Troper tales are always mind numbingly boring.. The one good thing is they always seem to start with that obnoxious "this troper.." line which prompts me to skip right past the entire post.

Sometimes I skip them, sometimes it's like a car crash--I can't look away

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

kazil posted:

Albort Ensten

My son is also named Albort.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Was pointed out in the IoSM thread, but this is clearly real because everybody says "what the gently caress *mom name*, mom" when they are trying to talk to their mother.

thats just how facebook works dude, its how you tag people so their fb tells you youre talking at them

still fake tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Byzantine posted:

Everybody loves Dragonball. The great unifier of humanity is our desire to scream at the top of our lungs and punch aliens in the face.

Yeah but for some it's space aliens.