Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm going to put off the event stuff until next week, this weekend is all Dunes all the time. Finished getting my first Sezter to 100, my next goal is getting Minfilia up to 6* and at decent level, then hopefully my 2nd Setzer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Dana Crysalis posted:

I've put up my Lightning again, she is able to solo the dragon (presumably, I haven't actually bothered with it yet, but according to Reddit/theoreticals), she'll be kinda slow at it, but it's safe.

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Lad Mirazh +62ATK+Ice Element
Left Hand: Dragon Shield +38DEF+30%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Head: Cat-Ear Hood+25MAG+25SPR+20%Fire/Ice/Lightning/Holy
Body: Flame Mail +45DEF+50%Fire-50%Ice
Accessory 1: Twenty-Sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Ability 1: Discernment +100% All Status Resistance
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Ifrit HP:5000 MP:2240 ATK:5320 DEF:3070 MAG:2190 SPR:2150
Total Stats: HP: 4928 MP: 254 ATK: 500 DEF: 231 MAG: 202 SPR: 237
Evasion: 105% Fire Resist: 150% Ice Elemental attack

What's your friend code?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ghostnuke posted:

What's your friend code?

472,211,176, I can make room for anyone, really, just lemme know.

e: man, it's depressing looking at the spreadsheet and realizing I'm the only person who still fields Lightning.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 5, 2017

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Got my moogle. Had to switch out Noel for Cecil since his natural fire weakness was way too much of a liability, but with Ifrits Claw and Flame Guard my Cid, Noctis (Ifrit) and friend Cid took no damage from his attacks :p

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Dana Crysalis posted:

e: man, it's depressing looking at the spreadsheet and realizing I'm the only person who still fields Lightning.

I'll send you an invite in a sec, I use lightning too!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

This is the party I took into ELT.

Dragon was easy enough, confusion resist from Minfilia and a fire resist buff from Refia or Minf meant he could only do a tiny amount of damage each turn. Cecil was pretty worthless, the attacks he was taking were only doing a couple thousand damage a turn, at most. Randi was doing about 200k-250k/turn, but without any chaining, the fight still took a long time. Only issue was needing to top up Randi's MP a couple times, and Cecil was Deathtouched by the boss towards the end of the fight.

The real boss of ELT was the loving plant. This party was built to deal with a single fire based boss. But Rododendro Bud was none of those and turned into a huge slog that ate all my mana and came close to killing everyone. Refia and Cecil were working their asses off to keep the party alive, while poor Randi attempted to put his dragon slaying skills and crappy MP pool to use against a shrub. Minfilia was tossing some buffs around, and hitting things with her sword to keep the LB crystals flowing for the sweet stat buff LBs that were keeping the party stable.

Switched my friend unit off Randi and back to Gilgamesh. Randi doesn't help kill the plant, and if you can't kill the plant, you don't need Randi. My Gilgamesh can probably carry through PRO, if you don't kill the plant parts in the wrong order.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 5, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

jetz0r posted:

This is the party I took into ELT.

Dragon was easy enough, confusion resist from Minfilia and a fire resist buff from Refia or Minf meant he could only do a tiny amount of damage each turn. Cecil was pretty worthless, the attacks he was taking were only doing a couple thousand damage a turn, at most. Randi was doing about 200k-250k/turn, but without any chaining, the fight still took a long time. Only issue was needing to top up Randi's MP a couple times, and Cecil was Deathtouched by the boss towards the end of the fight.

The real boss of ELT was the loving plant. Refia and Cecil were working their asses off to keep the party alive, while poor Randi attempted to put his dragon slaying skills and crappy MP pool to use against a shrub. Minfilia was tossing some buffs around, and hitting things with her sword to keep the LB crystals flowing for the sweet stat buff LBs that were keeping the party stable.

Switched my friend unit off Randi and back to Gilgamesh. Randi doesn't help kill the plant, and if you can't kill the plant, you don't need Randi. My Gilgamesh can probably carry through PRO, if you don't kill the plant parts in the wrong order.

This makes me rather concerned that I won't be able to do ELT. I have no one capable of doing that kind of damage. I probably won't bother trying for the MP materia. This is basically what I'm thinking, as someone with absolutely no TMs other than ones from the Ifrit raid event:

Cecil
Noctis
Minfilia
Yshtola
Setzer
Friend to do real damage.

Minfilia and Yshtola to keep everyone alive and buffed as much as I can, Cecil to tank, Noctis to do what damage he can, and debuff DEF. Setzer just as a small additional damage source.

I guess fallback is just to bring a Lightning friend who can solo him,.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Khisanth Magus posted:

This makes me rather concerned that I won't be able to do ELT. I have no one capable of doing that kind of damage. I probably won't bother trying for the MP materia. This is basically what I'm thinking, as someone with absolutely no TMs other than ones from the Ifrit raid event:

I guess fallback is just to bring a Lightning friend who can solo him,.

For a 4 unit clear, you should use a friend Olive, Orlandu, or Noctis, plus 3 of your units for support. Yshtola, Minfilia, and either Cecil or Noctis.

Randi was awful on the plant, he was just a killerless 800atk DWer with one ability + Odin's skills. The top end DPS units all do more damage and have some utility to add to the fight.

If your whole party can be confusion immune with 100% fire resist after buffs, the only challenge on the dragon is overcoming its 50k/turn regen and massive HP pool before you run out of MP.

Or chain some Orlandus on everything. Close enough.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Which healer should I work on leveling up?

Refia
Luka
Rosellia
Garnet (with her 6 star around the corner)

I have Y'shtolla already but it seems like a lot of boss fights require or are at least easier with 2 healers

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Do you have a spare dualcast for this healer you're going to level up?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'd suggest Refia: Full Life, Embolden, and immunity to most of the nasty status effects are great to have. She's even better if you can get her Dual Cast.

Luka wouldn't be a bad second either. Luka's healing ability is curaja and esuna mixed together but it can't be dual cast. Y'shtola might be able to pick up the slack though. She also has Deep Blue which is Shellga and Protectga also mixed into one (and +5% more def/spi). She only has regular Raise and no attack buff from Embolden though.

Roselia is an old max 5* that you shouldn't bother with. Her trust mastery, Equip Staff, is part of (when we get it) enhanced Ramza's kit iirc but she doesn't have any value nowadays. Healers really need a 6* form to have the stats to heal in difficult content nowadays.

idk poo poo about Garnet's 6* though but who knows when we'll actually get it. Work with who you know will work for now.

e: Really, if you got Dual Cast then definitely Refia. Otherwise it's more of a toss up between Refia and Luka but IMO Full Life and Embolden are worth having over Luka's AoE Esuna&Healing.

e2: Luka also doesn't get Refia's status immunities. Luka healing can't be silenced but she can't raise if she is though.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 5, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

fullTimeLurker posted:

Refia

I have Y'shtolla already but it seems like a lot of boss fights require or are at least easier with 2 healers

Refia (with DC) and Yshtola are the top two healers. If you're not going to get a DC farmed up, Luka and Refia are about the same in terms of power. Refia has some VERY useful innate immunities, while Luka's heal has a built in cure.

Garnet's 6* just came out in Japan, we're not going to see it for a while.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I tweaked my Marie so she could have more dark resistance in case anybody wants to give the Dark Espers fight a go.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Awesome. Thanks guys. Yes I do happen to have a single dual cast that I can throw on Refia. I farmed it up a while ago and kinda just threw it in Terra while I waited around for a better unit to throw it on.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

fullTimeLurker posted:

Refia
Luka
Rosellia
Garnet (with her 6 star around the corner)

I started right around Thanksgiving. For a long time I was stuck with Maria and Fina, and actually used a Anzelm to off-heal for a while.

Then I got Lenna and bitched about it every moment. I just hated her. She just always seemed to go down so fast, and I wanted a Raise unit so bad.

Then I got Krile and I rejoiced and immediately leveled her up and used her for like 2 minutes. Still no raise unit...

I pulled a Luka 2 days later. Loaded her up for war and thought, FINALLY RAISE!!! I used her for 5 minutes

Because I got Ysholta on a pull then again with points from the event. I have been using her hardcore and really love her, but when I made my 1 attempt on Gilgamesh, I got depressed because every guide had Refia +DC and I realized that is what I really needed. I am still sitting on the second for reasons.

Then I got Refia and got excited and groaned at the same time because that meant I HAD to get into the TMR macro game.

My Ludmille is now at 63.7% after approximately a week or 2, and getting roughly 3% a day in the amount of time I spend running the macro. Usually while I am at work because it is easier to check in on it than it would be if I ran it while I was sleeping.

I was warned here to never smoosh Zidanes together. Like some kind of fairy tale warning. Well I did a few months back and while it has changed the game for me considerably, I now don't think I will ever see another Zidane ever again.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

hagie posted:

I was warned here to never smoosh Zidanes together. Like some kind of fairy tale warning. Well I did a few months back and while it has changed the game for me considerably, I now don't think I will ever see another Zidane ever again.

*cackles madly*

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

hagie posted:

WE WARNED YOU!

WE WARNED YOU ABOUT SMOOSHING ZIDANES, BRO.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Good news for anyone who hasn't finished the gilgamesh trial yet as i finished all the TMs to make lighting 100% invincible to it, and put her up as a companion.

383,839,713 I've got a ton of slots open and a lot of month+ absent people from my friends list to remove, so feel free to have anyone you know who needs it add me.

Getting the limit burst achievement is a bit luck though, since lightning can just decide to counter Gilgamesh to death instead of killing him with the limit burst. The best chance is once he's almost dead start guarding and letting lightning counter until there is literally a single or no red pixels left on his healthbar then use the limit break, he has to have literally nothing left in the healthbar to get him killed by it.

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja

Tengames posted:

Good news for anyone who hasn't finished the gilgamesh trial yet as i finished all the TMs to make lighting 100% invincible to it, and put her up as a companion.

383,839,713 I've got a ton of slots open and a lot of month+ absent people from my friends list to remove, so feel free to have anyone you know who needs it add me.

Getting the limit burst achievement is a bit luck though, since lightning can just decide to counter Gilgamesh to death instead of killing him with the limit burst. The best chance is once he's almost dead start guarding and letting lightning counter until there is literally a single or no red pixels left on his healthbar then use the limit break, he has to have literally nothing left in the healthbar to get him killed by it.

This is awesome! I've sent you a request (Ron). Thanks!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
the moogle from elt was all i really wanted

didn't bother with 4 man cause 15% mp is a joke reward, like seriously give us something worthwhile

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

iloverice posted:

This is awesome! I've sent you a request (Ron). Thanks!

added, enjoy and go grab a sandwich or something , because its gonna take a while once it starts.

edit: i forget if trial gilgamesh is weak to maneater, or if i should just leave her on golem so she can function as a tank too if people want to keep thier other party members alive as long as possible.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 6, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

You're at capacity again. I'd gladly put my dodge lightning up, and I'll follow your gearing for the fire resist to run the current event.

763, 793, 980 - I've got 5 open slots.

Tengames posted:

added, enjoy and go grab a sandwich or something , because its gonna take a while once it starts.

edit: i forget if trial gilgamesh is weak to maneater, or if i should just leave her on golem so she can function as a tank too if people want to keep thier other party members alive as long as possible.

Added you as well, and I threw up my Lightning with 100% fire + 100% dodge + Ribbon for the event.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 6, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm slowly chipping away at greg right now, thanks Tengames :black101:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

Awesome. Thanks guys. Yes I do happen to have a single dual cast that I can throw on Refia. I farmed it up a while ago and kinda just threw it in Terra while I waited around for a better unit to throw it on.

Hey, I just tried to add you from the goon spreadsheet but I get a user not found when I punch in your code.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

For reference, a LB here did him in. This was after Lightning countered four times from Greg's barrage. Thankfully I never had to guard or anything for this to come up.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

After a buffing miscalculation, I can safely say that Dana's Lightning is pretty good for soloing the dragon.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Swoon posted:

After a buffing miscalculation, I can safely say that Dana's Lightning is pretty good for soloing the dragon.

She works solo? What did you mess up?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Tengames posted:

So this is a set it and forget it situation? No threshold management?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I just did it and hit auto for the whole fight until the end when I hoped a limit break would finish him. I didn't have to guard though, I don't know what not sealing holy will do at the end.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

KDdidit posted:

She works solo? What did you mess up?

I had my Noctis use fish and didn't have barfiraga up, so everyone but Lightning died. She's been on autobattle since my last post, and the dragon's at about 1/4 health now.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I thought with the others you had to get to the 3rd threshold before you could auto it up.... Interesting

I mean the image above says it all, but drat

hagie fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 6, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Tengames posted:

Well, your lightning allowed me to finally finish Greg, although I didn't get the moogle. Only had a couple pixels of health left, but the limit him with only like 2k health left.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The old build was because before the last story update there was no way to protect Lightning from Greg's instant death attack he uses at each threshold. With the safety bit from the latest fat chocobo store it was possible to ignore the threshold death attack (but made the solo build tricky as you needed a time limited 5 star unit's tm to do it: Dracu Lasswell)

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Invite sent via this name

For other goons needing a less pimped Marie (maybe Minfila later) add me. 878 326 285

hagie fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 6, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mr. Swoon posted:

I had my Noctis use fish and didn't have barfiraga up, so everyone but Lightning died. She's been on autobattle since my last post, and the dragon's at about 1/4 health now.

Hilarious, I'm glad I came through for you though!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Outside not hitting it with Water/Ice so it doesn't counter with a fire res attack, and bringing Minfilia for that gently caress you confuse/offbrand Barfiraga,

what else does he have for nasty tricks?

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 6, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

So I guess casting an esper wasn't the best idea after letting Lightning auto-attack on Gilgamesh for 40 minutes...

Got down to the teeniest bit of health after I tried to LB kill so I cast Odin to try and just see what happens and he hosed on me royally.

I think I'm going to build a rag tag tam and just take it as far as possible and if it goes to poo poo it will be Lightning auto-attacks

hagie fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 6, 2017

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I bring you a tale from the luck side today. One of those "I thought it could never happen to me" moments.

Doing my daily log in tasks I flipped over to summon for the daily. It threw me a blue crystal as usual and I thought "ho hum, another Fran?" and tapped it. It turned into a yellow crystal. "OK", I thought "this is unusual. Maybe it'll give me something handy". So I tapped it and it turned into a rainbow crystal. I kind of stared at it gobsmacked for a couple of seconds then thought "Meh, it's just teasing. It'll be some garbage or other". I tapped it, it swirled and up came a unit I'd never seen before and frankly not even heard of (I don't really bother chasing the news or scanning spreadsheets). I thought I'd better look this up and see if it's any use, swiped back to the summon banners and there she was looking at me. "Oh, I pulled the main banner unit..."

:stonk:

There's even a bundle to get her to 6 star. So keep on hoping guys, it CAN happen and one day, it might happen to you.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ratzap posted:

There's even a bundle to get her to 6 star.

Don't fall for this ever, it's a Lapis trap. Wait till the next King Mog event, there's one every month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I won't believe your lies.

How loving long does it take to cycle the drat companion list? I failed Gilgy 3 hours ago and I still don't see who I used last time on there. I've restarted the app, and fun Earth Shrine to try to cycle...

• Locked thread