Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I like that the author paused halfway through and said to themselves "it's not enough that he's cute. I'd better awkwardly shoehorn in that he's rich too"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Paladinus posted:

Has this ever happened to you? When you see an attractive stranger, you just try to win their affection with money. Works for me every time, actually.

Eh, its pretty believable. Like this is my go to move when contacting people on backpage.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like the second one

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's what free health care gets you, nurses who can't tell when a patient is drunk

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jay Rust posted:

That's what free health care gets you, nurses who can't tell when a patient is drunk

Now it's possible someone badly injures themselves while sober and then drinks some alcohol to kill the pain before going to the ER (and the 2 hour wait). Now if the question was supposed to be "Are you under the influence of alcohol right now?" before administering pain killers, yeah, poo poo move there nurse.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
That wasn't a story it was just a list of things that happened

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

quote:

Ever wonder why tampons are so hard to find in the supermarket? So do this mom and daughter duo.

Last weekend, Arkansas mom Belinda Hankins sent her 13-year-old daughter into the store to buy a box of tampons. Easy enough, right? You guessed it — nope.

As Hankins' daughter searched in vain for the feminine hygiene aisle, her texts became increasingly frantic — and very, very funny.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Blurred posted:

whacky vagina convo

I hate this person

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

BobbyK posted:

I hate this person

Not an empty quote

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
No stdh.txt has ever made me as annoyed as that thing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yes, instead of asking staff where to find a product, I also send fifty texts to all my relatives where we share our political and religious beliefs along with musical tastes (my favourite song is Bohemian Rhapsody).

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I regularly order a Stdhppucino from that very Starbucks.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Paladinus posted:

Yes, instead of asking staff where to find a product, I also send fifty texts to all my relatives where we share our political and religious beliefs along with musical tastes (my favourite song is Bohemian Rhapsody).

And draw a detailed map on my phone on the fly somehow.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ah yes, the highly anticipated sequel from the makers of Foam Adventure : Tampon Tribulations.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

I don't know how you could walk through a store and not find the feminine hygiene products. I go looking for deodorant or toothpaste or whatever and probably walk past WALL O' TAMPONS like 4 times.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I didn't read all of it, do they explain why she's at the store past midnight?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I have never seen a supermarket or drugs store that didn't have a massive wall of feminine hygiene products prominently displayed the full length of its aisle. girl needs to be at the eyeglasses store instead.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Also, she went from teen girl hysteria to (if not actually intelligent) more maturely-formed opinions on feminism than one would expect from a teen girl who barely just had her first period but what the hell do I know

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
you're telling me he responded within 13 minutes when i cant even get professors to get back to me within a week about class related matters

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Why even bother manufacturing such a scathing fake response that actually makes you look bad?

Did I miss something where it's all of a sudden cool to be a monumental apathetic slacker and display this all over social media, even when it's clear to everyone who knows you that you don't have the balls to actually email your professor with your honest opinion in the first place ?

Or where it became edgy to go out of your way to show people how little you care about anything or how little anyone should expect from you?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

life is killing me posted:

Did I miss something where it's all of a sudden cool to be a monumental apathetic slacker and display this all over social media, even when it's clear to everyone who knows you that you don't have the balls to actually email your professor with your honest opinion in the first place ?
If you don't ever care or give a poo poo, then all of your gently caress-ups are because you're too cool to care instead of because you loving suck at everything. At least, that's what I thought when i was 13. It didn't work out.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Look at me, I'm so cool that I don't care about anything, except that one thing I care about enough to let someone know how much I don't care about it without having been asked my opinion on this thing I don't care about

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Two Starbucks stdhs! At least this one is more believable as I too have had Starbucks coffee and, just like the subject of this stdh, I also felt like killing myself afterwards

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I can believe that a professor would send that email, but not that they would recognise a student by name that only turned up 3 times over a year

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Sung in fluent Menstruese.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Uh pretending not to care has always been cool, I mean look at Holden Caulfield

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Uh pretending not to care has always been cool, I mean look at Holden Caulfield

And then a pimp beats the poo poo out of you and take your money and you don't even have a handjob to show for it.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

they're playing hard to get. math class is gonna come running back to them.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

:rolleyes:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I've talked to enough stoners over the phone while I was ordering pizza that I almost believe this one could have happened.

Like, I live presently in a tiny town with only one delivery place, and one of the workers, I can always tell when she's working while high because she gets WAY too enthusiastic on the phone, like with every piece of my order she'll shout "hell, YEAH!" for example.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
just lol if you don't have an app that brings food to you without you actually having to talk to another person

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

dad's early onset dementia was a riot for the first few years

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Boing posted:

I can believe that a professor would send that email, but not that they would recognise a student by name that only turned up 3 times over a year

I don't believe anyone teaching an introductory math class in the US is a native speaker of English.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

I don't believe anyone teaching an introductory math class in the US is a native speaker of English.

When I was in college almost a decade and a half ago (drat. :corsair: ) took the summer semester version of the mandatory bottom level math class because like many others A.) it didn't relate to my major at all, and B.) you needed it in the general education credits, and C.) Summer semester meant shorter semester). Day one, an old white guy comes and sits at the teacher's desk, announces he's the math head for the college, and because nobody signed up for his Masters level Summer Math Class, he decided to take over this intro class. He then went ahead and spent the semester teaching it like a dry rear end 500 class for this group of hot, bored people that didn't give two craps about math, and he got all butt hurt at the class by the end because of it.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

just lol if you don't have an app that brings food to you without you actually having to talk to another person

Eh, in some cities those apps don't allow delivery everywhere just yet. Some may never. Rural areas are hosed, but so are some areas within some cities that are less densely-populated. Case in point: I live in North Texas, and we only just recently got Uber Eats availability in our area, and even then they only deliver from maybe two restaurants. Also, no ISP but AT&T supplies internet access to my area, and it's in the middle of the metroplex, with no plans to improve the speed beyond 768kbps (of which we only see about ~400kbps) in sight. This is all because we live in an area that is not densely populated like the rest of the city, and may never be, due to tons of privately-owned land that can't be developed unless the ranch owners sold some of their land. So AT&T and many delivery services (including pizza chains) basically give us the middle finger despite our living within 3 miles of two areas that have poo poo-tons of restaurants, pizza places, and, oh, fiber internet. And Frontier is doing poorly at the moment, so who knows how much longer they will be around.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hopefully they'll soon be delivered by drones as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Stoatbringer posted:

Hopefully they'll soon be delivered by drones as well.

Not with the current FAA restrictions on them, which require a certified drone pilot and a spotter. Unless they change those restrictions (I don't see them doing this soon), it won't happen; too many unmanned drones in the airspace