Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

lol if you don't use Vampire because it sorts to the end if you sort by + then Rare

I'm pretty sure I actually got fewer Vampires than I got +297s to store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

vulturesrow posted:

So how do people manage this poo poo? Before I stopped playing for a long time I was using some system from a post on the PADX forums. It was really spergy and micromanagement intense but it was nice because I didn't really have to think.

I have no idea, I'm totally overwhelmed by +s and oh look BKali and

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
With gold as abundant as it is now days, there's really no need to micromanage it as much.

Either:

1. Run Gold Dragons on Fridays, sell the dragons instead of feeding them.
2. Run Golden Mound a ton.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Kuros posted:

With gold as abundant as it is now days, there's really no need to micromanage it as much.

Yeah, it's been quite a while since I've even thought about trying to minimize the gold cost of fusing pluses. As long as you don't fuse five +1s in at a time until something gets to +297 it's pretty irrelevant.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Clearing out my box and I just realized I bought DAthena without actually using any of the free MP they gave us so I'm back up to almost 500k and I have no idea how.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Clearing out my box and I just realized I bought DAthena without actually using any of the free MP they gave us so I'm back up to almost 500k and I have no idea how.

I'm still 45k MP away from D.Athena and with each passing day the urge to just sell extra units, like Ronia #2 and #3, grows along with my impatience. I know if I do that they'll announce Revo Ronia the next day or some meta that makes multiples of whatever I sell in to a must-have.

Like how some day there will be an amazing TPA blue leader (like a blue DAthena on the Summer REM) and justify the pair of Scheats I have, with their five TPA awakenings. Though a blue DAthena-grade TPA team with multuple Scheats and a Facet active would probably result in billions of damage.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Finally jumped in, rolled a Vajrayaksa (after a few rerolls). Should I be using my magic stones on rare pulls? On the event roller?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Godfest is Saturday and Sunday. Roll your stones then.

Roll the Pal Egg Machine as much as you can. +eggs are nice and some of the monsters have nice active for a new team.

The pink machine will be here for a week after the Godfest so you can make a 10 stone pull on that after Monday if you like.

Edit: post your code. I'm 304,382,267

GoodBee fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 13, 2017

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Dragongem posted:

Finally jumped in, rolled a Vajrayaksa (after a few rerolls). Should I be using my magic stones on rare pulls? On the event roller?

1. Only spend magic stones on pulling monsters from the Rare Egg Machine or (sparingly) for increasing box space.
2. Only pull from the REM during a godfest (alters the drop rates and drop pool to be a lot better).
3. Godfests happen in the middle and at the end/beginning of months, on the weekend.

It's more complicated than that the more you get into specifics, but those are good basics to know.

As to specifically what you should do with your stones right now, /ideally/ you want to not only pull during a godfest but during a very good godfest. There is one happening Sat/Sun but it has some problems. The optimal per stone usage would be to just hoard stones and wait for the right opportunity, but it will slow your ability to progress in the game and also make it more boring to play if your box is literally just one monster.

I would say feel free to spend all your stones in that godfest, you'll be getting a lot from clearing out normals / early techs, especially with challenge mode stones ontop of that in the near future.

Probably split stones between the two days to get a balance of different monsters.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Read posted:

Probably split stones between the two days to get a balance of different monsters.

This is particularly good advice.

I wouldn't worry about trying to play "optimally". If you play for two weeks and then you decide you want to try to optimize the poo poo out your account, you can always start over. Two weeks of play and no money spent is nothing in this marathon of a game.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Account looking for new home. Fully +'d Myr team, misc other +'d mons and 3-4 +297s to be combined and fed off. Oh, don't forget the 700k MP!

fairlight
May 18, 2007

revo kushi is really showing me how bad I am at pure combo leads. It's tough to reliably hit 7 combos without a stupid amount of time extends. Seriously considering subbing in Noctis or revo Yomi over a third Haku.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Ironsolid posted:

Account looking for new home. Fully +'d Myr team, misc other +'d mons and 3-4 +297s to be combined and fed off. Oh, don't forget the 700k MP!

Email me.

salucymorningstar@gmail.com

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

GoodBee posted:

Godfest is Saturday and Sunday. Roll your stones then.

Roll the Pal Egg Machine as much as you can. +eggs are nice and some of the monsters have nice active for a new team.

The pink machine will be here for a week after the Godfest so you can make a 10 stone pull on that after Monday if you like.

Edit: post your code. I'm 304,382,267

It's 331429498.

Ok, I'll pull some this weekend. Thanks!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fairlight posted:

revo kushi is really showing me how bad I am at pure combo leads. It's tough to reliably hit 7 combos without a stupid amount of time extends. Seriously considering subbing in Noctis or revo Yomi over a third Haku.

this is why I'm not fussed about rolling for her

dathena's way easier anyway and it's not like you need better than her in the first place right now

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Email me.

salucymorningstar@gmail.com

Emailed you

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

this is why I'm not fussed about rolling for her

dathena's way easier anyway and it's not like you need better than her in the first place right now

I will say that kushi is way more fun to play than DAthena. I was dreading slogging through the new challenge mode, but after using kushi/haku/reine to practice my skills I've found the gameplay really engaging and I'm almost done with the Normals already. It's weird to actually work on my puzzle skills after cruising through content with a perfect RaDra team.

I'm just hoping I can actually hone my skills and finally git gud enough to break 1% on the combo-friendly ranking dungeons.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Tir McDohl and LuciferMorningstar want the account.

Both of you, there are 6 classifications of animals kingdoms. My co-worker has picked one, name three kingdoms in order of which you think he has mostly likely picked.

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 13, 2017

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Did you mean the six kingdoms of life or animal types? Well, for the former, protists, fungi and archaebacteria. If the latter, birds, invertebrates and amphibians.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Archaea, Fungi, Protista

E: Reptiles, mammals, fish, I guess if it's the other thing. It's been... a decade since I was last in a biology class? Jesus Christ how can it have been that long?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ironsolid posted:

Tir McDohl and LuciferMorningstar want the account.

Both of you, there are 6 classifications of animals kingdoms. My co-worker has picked one, name three kingdoms in order of which you think he has mostly likely picked.

Devil
Physical
Healer

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Tir McDohl posted:

Did you mean the six kingdoms of life or animal types? Well, for the former, protists, fungi and archaebacteria. If the latter, birds, invertebrates and amphibians.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Archaea, Fungi, Protista

E: Reptiles, mammals, fish, I guess if it's the other thing. It's been... a decade since I was last in a biology class? Jesus Christ how can it have been that long?

It was Fungi, getting in touch with my desktop field tech for another response.

trucutru posted:

Devil
Physical
Healer

Only you would win this hard.

E: Protists was called. Tir - I'll message you device change information.

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 13, 2017

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

The Hebug posted:

Probably Esper, No. 41. Those are my +297 mules. :P

Please enjoy my latest gimmick team :v:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
EDIT: Nevermind taken care of.

The Jumpoff fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 13, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:woop: Whoo I got this stupid stone!

Decided to roll once today to celebrate: Kushi (dupe) Well poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 13, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kuros posted:

Either:

1. Run Gold Dragons on Fridays, sell the dragons instead of feeding them.
2. Run Golden Mound a ton.

The only thing you should be micromanaging is your own good use of spare time

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to roll on the godfest in the off chance I get a Fujin (especially since I have 0 DAthena friends with it inherited).

Genie
Patrica Ezel
Ishida Mitsunari

...yeah I'm gonna stop wasting stones now and go back to stockpiling for a hopeful PCGF that includes Haku and other DAthena subs/inherits. :v:

e: Water insect dungeon is the best place to grind out skillups for Orochi/Zeta Hydra right?

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 13, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Back to back A3 clears AND a Heph drop!

All I'm missing now is another Zeus dragon to complete the collection. DAthena is totally loving bonkers, I love it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Decided to roll on the godfest in the off chance I get a Fujin (especially since I have 0 DAthena friends with it inherited).

Genie
Patrica Ezel
Ishida Mitsunari

...yeah I'm gonna stop wasting stones now and go back to stockpiling for a hopeful PCGF that includes Haku and other DAthena subs/inherits. :v:

e: Water insect dungeon is the best place to grind out skillups for Orochi/Zeta Hydra right?

Nah, it's Arena, arena is the best place to grind almost all skillups. And now anybody can clear it! Noodle Boy included!

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Evil Fluffy posted:

You can add me, I'll have Dathena w Fujin inherit up for the foreseeable future. 333 867 243

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Looking for Julie friends for my new alt -

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

Noodle Boy included!

I'm a real player now! And yeah just start running arena a few times a day. Even A1 is a free py and they start piling up after a while. I genuinely haven't tried skilling up something without pys in years.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Did three god fest pulls, got Ronove, Delgado, and Sherias. Part of me feels disappointed, but part of me is happy that I finally have a hard rock guitar demon again.

Edit: I have a Julie that needs some levels and an evo, but my ID is 357,929,474 if you need a Julie friend.

Televisio Frankus fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 13, 2017

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Adolf Glitter posted:

Looking for Julie friends for my new alt -

Just sent an invite, if there's anyone else out there with Julie, hit me up at 327,541,293

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

Solkanar512 posted:

Just sent an invite, if there's anyone else out there with Julie, hit me up at 327,541,293

I'm hoping to use Julie here soon, but I have to evolve a bunch of ragdra's first. So much Z8 farming.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

1000 days reached! :toot: Game sure has changed a lot (for the better) in that time.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Genie
Patrica Ezel
Ishida Mitsunari

I run Uruka on mine if you are interested. Also have Fujin.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I can inherit Karin on Haku if I don't have any better board changers, right? No Ryunes, and my only Famiel is on one of the other Hakus.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
5 rolls today. Only notables were D Kali, Vishnu, and Verdandi. What use are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fairlight
May 18, 2007

1 roll, paimon, new, I'll take it.