Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Im all about some false flag pirate action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Hey, they wanted to take credit for our hits, right?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I think the whole 'false flag' thing is a bit of a nonstarter. Pretty sure the guy wants to report the ship lost for a reason his insurance will cover. More weather or mechanical failure, and not so much bombed while operating in a war zone.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Paint the Free State logo on those Kfirs and let's go commit some drat war crimes

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What fighters do the Free State have again?

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
As a Kifir pilot I can safely say that I am 100% up for bombing a Disney Cruise if it means loving with both Dos Santos and the Free State. They're all probably rich assholes anyways, we'd be doing similar things if we worked for Angerpeace.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Added Space posted:

I think the whole 'false flag' thing is a bit of a nonstarter. Pretty sure the guy wants to report the ship lost for a reason his insurance will cover. More weather or mechanical failure, and not so much bombed while operating in a war zone.

Thats to cover us, in case someone has a phone and twitter.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah ideally nobody sees us at all, but the false flag element is in case somebody's livestreaming from the deck of the Disney cruise when we blow it up.

Oh, and we WILL be blowing up that Disney cruise (or shooting down that 747 or whatever else). A little bit of warcriming never hurt anyone important, especially when it's all for a good cause.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

They should even still have the FS transponder IFF since we stole them like 2 days ago.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
By the way, Quinntan confirmed that we are allowed to "poke" the AAF and try to get the SU-30s to take off while the Kfirs are launching a strike. So if you want a "distraction", we can send up Gripens with Meteors along the coast to try and provoke a response from the SU-30s.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I don't want to blow up the ship. I'd love to, more stuff in the video is always good, but I have a very bad feeling like we're gonna get played. Hard.
"Hey guys wanna surrender?"
"*sucks air through teeth* maaaan, we'd love to, but we can't. But now, see, if you could blow up this ship for us... I promise it's ours! ... then we'll definitely come join you"

I bet we're gonna be blowing up an Apple shipment, even if the ship does turn out to be Bulgarian. And Apple are quite obviously in bed with the Chinese, imho. So that'll end well. Or it'll have weapons inbound for Hoff or aid, heading towards not away from Angola.

I really think we're opening ourselves up to getting made fools of

simplefish fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 15, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

simplefish posted:

I don't want to blow up the ship. I'd love to, more stuff in the video is always good, but I have a very bad feeling like we're gonna get played. Hard.
"Hey guys wanna surrender?"
"*sucks air through teeth* maaaan, we'd love to, but we can't. But now, see, if you could blow up this ship for us... I promise it's ours! ... then we'll definitely come join you"

I bet we're gonna be blowing up an Apple shipment. And Apple are quite obviously in bed with the Chinese, imho. So that'll end well.

Those poor Free Staters, getting taken advantage of like that

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

If the Bulgarians gently caress us over they'll just get painful lingering death via SDB, and they know it. I trust them on this.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I'm against these shenanigans. We're better folk and a better company than this, and the shareholders can loving suck it. :colbert:

Weren't we talking about breaking off and becoming a neo-commie company of the people leading the rebellion against capitalism not 10 pages ago?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

Kitfox88 posted:

I'm against these shenanigans. We're better folk and a better company than this, and the shareholders can loving suck it. :colbert:

Weren't we talking about breaking off and becoming a neo-commie company of the people leading the rebellion against capitalism not 10 pages ago?

There's a difference between blowing up an empty boat, even with nefarious intent, and blowing up platforms filled with fishworkers.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

That's exactly what we'll be doing, don't you worry. And really, this is just accelerationism more than anything. Promoting corruption and criminal enterprise just rots out the capitalist order, making it all the easier to kick in when the time comes.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Davin Valkri posted:

There's a difference between blowing up an empty boat, even with nefarious intent, and blowing up platforms filled with fishworkers.

Yeah, the pay.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

This isn't about shareholders, this is about ensuring the Count gets an easier advance to the capital.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Crazycryodude posted:

If the Bulgarians gently caress us over they'll just get painful lingering death via SDB, and they know it. I trust them on this.

This. They know we have the air power to pound them into paste, as we have shown repeatedly, and it would be in their best interests to pal up with what is clearly the winning side in this conflict.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Updated - one CAP Kfir switched to a loadout with whatever the poo poo Ophers are (I assume it's Yet Another GPS Guidance Kit for the Mk82s it mentions) just so it has a Litening, which should help with IDing ships. Additional clarification for when to launch Cerberus.

Davin Valkri posted:

By the way, Quinntan confirmed that we are allowed to "poke" the AAF and try to get the SU-30s to take off while the Kfirs are launching a strike. So if you want a "distraction", we can send up Gripens with Meteors along the coast to try and provoke a response from the SU-30s.

Honestly, I'd prefer the AAF stay on the ground and alive for this one - I'm anticipating an enormous clusterfuck over the capital and the more things out there that everybody hates, the less the odds that we're the ones eating AMRAAMs.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Operation Admiralty Law

1x MQ-9 Reaper with Gorgon Stare pods.
1x EA-6B Prowler with four jammers and one HARM.
4x Kfir C.10 with 2x SPICE 1000 GPS/EO (35 nm), 2x Python 5 (15 nm)

Fly west, get out of range of coastal radar
Have Prowler and Reaper loiter at first arrowhead once target is located
Kfirs fly west, take out target with SPICE.
Unit returns to base.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:12.5/centery:-10.1/zoom:7 Now, to look at targets of opportunity

Im seeing fishing boats, and cargo ships running American / British / Malta flags. Marshal Islands, Singapore ....

Lemme see if I can find air traffic
https://www.flightradar24.com/-10.36,11.49/7

Couple flights from Royal Air Morocco. Air Nambibia, South African airways.

Loel fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 15, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

That is our target, the Keyser Soze. She's on the small side as far lithium freighters go, but have no fear, she's carrying a metric shitload of dense lithium waste. Anyone that sniffs about with a mass spectrometer will find background lithium levels similar to that of a real sunken wreck. She'll broadcast a "Oh noes! Pirates!" message and then abandon ship. We need to make it look like the pirates instead blew it up.

As you guys have noted we have marine, and air, traffic in the area. We'll worry about ROE after we've chosen a mission. I'll lay out the proposals tomorrow and we'll take a vote.

Then you get to decide how evil we may become.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Could we drop munitions that'd light the ship up on a timer?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Yooper posted:

That is our target, the Keyser Soze. She's on the small side as far lithium freighters go, but have no fear, she's carrying a metric shitload of dense lithium waste. Anyone that sniffs about with a mass spectrometer will find background lithium levels similar to that of a real sunken wreck. She'll broadcast a "Oh noes! Pirates!" message and then abandon ship. We need to make it look like the pirates instead blew it up.

we leave a message from a new account on reddit, saying to remember to buy oil shares. "We've lost a lot of the lithium guys, but this is a great plane to get some money back. just watch!"

get one of the crew to record us firing at the ship while they are evacuating? Streaming to youtube, video feed cuts as rockets impact, etc.

Maybe have the captain identify the attacks as 'those loving free staters'. You know, go all in.

We can have some Bin Laden style twitter accounts too. At x hours before the attack, report Kfirs in the air, then a different account reports them an hour west an hour later.
http://mashable.com/2011/05/01/live-tweet-bin-laden-raid/#t4CiWvZ8EqqU

File some internal reports that we fired on some bogeys in that area but failed to connect.

our KFirs blow up all the oil tankers they can find

After the event is on the news, give a few million to the reddit kickstarter from a swiss account

hire a bot swarm to attack them on twitter, saying how evil they were.

Have Count do a public ceremony condemning the action, and granting piles of money to the families of the lost. "wars should be like this, and we must rise about it in our struggle for a free society."

dont tell the count it was us.

Loel fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 15, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Could we drop munitions that'd light the ship up on a timer?

Interesting idea, but unfortunately I don't think so.

Loel posted:

Can we get one of the crew to record us firing at the ship while they are evacuating? Streaming to youtube, video feed cuts as rockets impact, etc.

Maybe have the captain identify the attacks as 'those loving free staters'. You know, go all in.

We can have some Bin Laden style twitter accounts too. At x hours before the attack, report Kfirs in the air, then a different account reports them an hour west an hour later.

Sure? Why not? But sometimes no eyes are better.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Operation Crazy Yahweh

Time of Day: Night

Moses Flight
Composition
Moses I: 2x Kfir C.10 (SPICE 1000 GPS/EO [Mk83])
Moses II: 2x Kfir C.10 (SPICE 1000 GPS/EO [Mk83])

Moses I will deploy first with Moses II on standby if Moses I is detected, runs low on fuel, or fails to destroy the target.

Orders
1. Fly from Benguela to where the freighter is located.
2. Utilize passive sensors only, leaving the radar off.
3. Fly directly away from any radars at military speed until out of range.
4. Maintain cruising speed and stay a minimum 12.2 nm (infrared detection range) from all contacts. Use military speed if required.
5. If necessary, may get no closer than 5.8 nm (visual detection range) from contacts confirmed to not be capable of infrared detection.
6. Seek out target.
7. Visually verify target and confirm no witnesses are within range.
8. If witnesses are nearby, continue to shadow target at loiter speed as it moves west until range is clear.
9. Verify signature and deploy SPICE bombs.
10. Upon confirmation of target destruction, return to airport while following rules to avoid detection.
11. Cancel mission and directly return to airport if remaining fuel is within 10% of linear distance to Benguela.

Rules of Engagement
1. Shoot the freighter.
2. Defend yourself if attacked.
3. Avoid everything else.

David Flight
Composition
1 Saab S 100B

Orders
1. Maintain radar contact with Moses Flights and target.
2. Don't get shot down.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 15, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

We can vote on it. My argument for false flag is

a) they already took credit for our poo poo, they can do it again
b) it removes legitimacy from them / gets the world pissed for hitting the Lithium trade

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wait a tic, I just reread Yooper's original post about this.

"He wants us to blow one up. Empty. In international waters. Without any witnesses. Insurance fraud baby."

Doesn't this kinda preclude attempting to blame Freestate?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Galaga Galaxian posted:

"He wants us to blow one up. Empty. In international waters. Without any witnesses. Insurance fraud baby."

Fine, we blow up a different yacht too :colbert:

In fact, Im fine with combining the two plans.

Operation Crazy Admirality
Beer's sneaky sneaky plan gets the real target.
Mine is full publicity, gets front page, and draws the ire of the world on the libertarians.

Loel fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 15, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Witnesses being third party. The folks on the boat are kind of in on it.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
It only took us 160 pages of moralization, but we're finally going to commit some warcrimes!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

sparkmaster posted:

It only took us 160 pages of moralization, but we're finally going to commit some warcrimes!

Just needed some false flags to get there :3:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Again, the ideal is we get away with nobody the wiser. The false flag is just in case we don't, it gets pinned on the FS instead of us. Elaborate plans to talk it up contradict this, though, I think coming from the direction of their territory and squawking their IFF is enough. Maybe a subtle Reddit post or two.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I was serious about painting Free State logos on the Kfirs. If we wanna have the crew film it as they evacuate that's cool too.

Let those Reddit nerds feel the wrath of their God king Elon Musk.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Popete posted:

I was serious about painting Free State logos on the Kfirs. If we wanna have the crew film it as they evacuate that's cool too.

Let those Reddit nerds feel the wrath of their God king Elon Musk.

Let's just hope Musk won't be able to see whats really going on with his google-backed Space Internet Satellite Cloud that totally doesn't also function as a spy satellite network. :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Gives him a fig leaf to conquer Free State

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We could go no witnesses in a unseen, low risk way. Or no witnesses in a war-crimes, potential to get caught and potential to risk pilots way.

I say we go the reaper route. We get the main thing we want at a lower risk and lower material cost.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

We could go no witnesses in a unseen, low risk way. Or no witnesses in a war-crimes, potential to get caught and potential to risk pilots way.

I say we go the reaper route. We get the main thing we want at a lower risk and lower material cost.

Two Mk. 82 500 lb. bombs may not be enough to sink the target. Testing has suggested that 4 1000 lb bombs is the minimum requirement for a clean sink.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Operation Big Fella

Objectives
Engage and destroy Bulgarian tanker
Attempt to provoke an AAF response to an aggressive air patrol and engage and destroy their aircraft

ROE and flight restrictions

Do not cross over the Angolan shoreline
If possible, avoid flying near civilian shipping
De Valera Flight is to avoid flying below 10,000 ft and above 24,000 ft once over the ocean

EMCOM

1) Collins Flight is to remain radar off
2) De Valera Flight is to engage its radar once it reaches GPO Point and turn it off on its egress.
3) Barry Flight is to engage its radar once it reaches Soloheadbeg Point
4) Pearse Flight is to remain radars off
5) If the Angolan Air Force takes off, Markievicz Flight is to engage in OECM.

General Timeline of Operations

1) At 0000, de Valera Flight is to take off and head to west from Lubango Airport
2) At 0010, Clarke Flight is to take off and follow de Valera Flight from Lubango Airport
3) All five aircraft are to fly together, tanking as required to GPO Point via Jacob’s Factory Point and Four Courts Point.
4) Clarke Flight is to remain at GPO Point while de Valera Flight is to search for the Bulgarian tanker.
5) At 0050, Barry Flight is to take off from Benguela and fly to Soloheadbeg Point
6) At 0100, Pearse Flight is to take off from Benguela and fly to Béal na Bláth Point, where it will tank up from O’Higgins Flight
7) At 0110, O’Higgins Flight is to take off from Benguela and fly to Béal na Bláth Point
8) At 0115, Markievicz Flight is to take off from Benguela and fly to Béal na Bláth Point. If the Angolan Air Force is scrambling in response to Pearse Flight, Markievicz Flight is to engage OECM
9) At 0120, Collins Flight is to take off from Benguela and take positions Westport, Cork and Fenit to maintain CAP over the front line between the Dictator’s forces and our borders
10) After tanking up Pearse Flight, O’Higgins Flight is to proceed to O’Connell Street Point, providing fuel to de Valera aircraft as required.
11) After tanking up, Pearse Flight is to proceed north and fly to within 30nm of the coast. If the Angolan Air Force scrambles in response, Pearse is to engage and destroy their aircraft. At no point is Pearse Flight to cross over the shore line.
12) At 0130, de Valera Flight is to take off and take positions Westport, Cork and Croke Park and maintain CAP over the border.
13) Once the Bulgarian tanker has been confirmed destroyed, Pearse Flight is to return to Lubango via GPO Point, Four Courts Point and Jacob’s Factory Point.
14) If by 0300 the AAF has not responded to Pearse Flight, the Gripens are to return to Benguela via Béal na Bláth Point, tanking as required.
15) Once the Gripens have returned to Béal na Bláth Point, Collins Flight, Malkiewicz Flight, Barry Flight and O'Higgins Flight are to return to base.

De Valera Flight 1
2x Kfir with:
2x Python
2x SPICE 1000
1x 1300 litre drop tank

De Valera Flight 2
2x Kfir with
2x Python
2x Derby
1x 625 litre drop tank

Clarke Flight
1x VC-10 K4

Barry Flight
1x Saab Erieye

Pearse Flight 1
4x Gripen with:
4x Meteor
2x IRIS-T
1x 1275 litre drop tank

Pearse Flight 2
4x Gripen with:
4x Meteor
2x IRIS-T
1x 1275 litre drop tank

O’Higgins Flight
1x KC-135

Markievicz Flight
1x EA-6B Prowler with:
5x AN/ALQ-99 jamming pods

Collins Flight 1
2x F-4E Phantom with:
4x Sidewinder
4x AMRAAM
2x 370 USG drop tank
1x 600 USG drop tank

Collins Flight 2
2x F-4E Phantom with:
4x Sidewinder
4x AMRAAM
2x 370 USG drop tank
1x 600 USG drop tank

Collins Flight 3
2x F-4E Phantom with:
4x Sidewinder
4x AMRAAM
2x 370 USG drop tank
1x 600 USG drop tank

Notes

Yooper, please set all Pearse flight aircraft to refuel at 30% fuel.

Quinntan fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Davin Valkri posted:

Two Mk. 82 500 lb. bombs may not be enough to sink the target. Testing has suggested that 4 1000 lb bombs is the minimum requirement for a clean sink.

Is this confirmed?