Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I thought it must be Fillmore Graves -- soldier dude found out about the cure in the previous episode.

I mean, practically speaking, why else does he exist?

Why does anything, when you really think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Phylodox posted:

I think it's this just for the Breaking Bad reference.

EDIT: Also, can I just say that my enjoyment of this show is, like, 60% Robert Buckley, easy. The guy's got charm out the rear end.

You should watch the first episode of Dimension 404. He's pretty great in it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hamsystem posted:

You should watch the first episode of Dimension 404. He's pretty great in it.

I really enjoyed Dimension 404 but haven't seen it discussed in TVIV at all.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I brought it up in the binging thread but nobody replied. But yeah, I also enjoyed it a lot. It reminds me of Amazing Stories :corsair:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hamsystem posted:

I brought it up in the binging thread but nobody replied. But yeah, I also enjoyed it a lot. It reminds me of Amazing Stories :corsair:

The fact that there is a narrator for like 3 lines at the beginning of the show really elevates the entire thing. Like there is this one guy above it all who knows all this weird poo poo and is slowly letting you in on it.

I can barely remember them, but there were these two shows: Sci Factor(with Dan akyroyd), and maybe The Outer Limits when i was younger... I honestly cant remember which one had the narrator beginning/ending each episode but when 404 started doing it I couldn't help but smile and remember those lovely Saturday at 2pm science fiction shows. Depending on your local station they either played before, or after the Xena/Hercules block.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Phylodox posted:

Also, can I just say that my enjoyment of this show is, like, 60% Robert Buckley, easy. The guy's got charm out the rear end.

Remember when everybody hated his character

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

hangedman1984 posted:

Remember when everybody hated his character

No. I only started binging this show a couple of weeks ago.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arist posted:

There's the cruel dramatic irony I know this series for!

Poor Liv :smith: But it was worth it to see Peyton get poo poo on.

Phylodox posted:

EDIT: Also, can I just say that my enjoyment of this show is, like, 60% Robert Buckley, easy. The guy's got charm out the rear end.

He was enjoying the hell out of that ice cream

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Phylodox posted:

I think it's this just for the Breaking Bad reference.

He was equally cool in a guest-starring role on the otherwise forgettable Powerless, playing a henchman.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Selachian posted:

He was equally cool in a guest-starring role on the otherwise forgettable Powerless, playing a henchman.

:eek:

How did I not recognize him?!?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Did anyone post that iZombie got renewed for season 4? Because iZombie got renewed for season 4.

Gonna have more seasons than Veronica Mars which is a weirddd thought for me

durk onion
Oct 25, 2010
I wonder if that dominatrix murder is going to come back. They referenced how weird the confession was in the last episode but maybe that was just the writers admitting to how sloppy it was handled.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Open Source Idiom posted:

I thought it must be Fillmore Graves -- soldier dude found out about the cure in the previous episode.

I mean, practically speaking, why else does he exist?

That's a good point, this show's pretty good about details like that. (See also, Peyton pointing out something's weird with the dominatrix case.)

Also thank god this show cut loose the anchor of an excruciating love triangle. And basically in the best possible way, because if you watched this season assuming Blaine was faking it the whole time then basically every related scene becomes hilarious. You have everyone but Ravi defending the guy who zombified Liv, tortured Major, murdered kids and brought Seattle to the brink of a zombie apocalypse, and this whole time he's just mentally laughing his rear end off about it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I prefered dominatrix Liv to whatever the hell she was this episode. That was terrible.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Selachian posted:

Powerless was funny and I'm sad it wasn't renewed :smith:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Major's arc is so strange.

I sat in creative writing workshops where our teacher just said "if your character is unlikable, beat the poo poo out of them" again and again.

I think I owe that man a beer.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Major's black friend is gonna die. He's got all the signs: nice guy, dating Liv, filmed on video being a zombie.

Roger Cross :neckbeard:

Blaine's dad is cold as gently caress.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Blaine's dad is cold as gently caress.

durk onion
Oct 25, 2010
So what is Blaine's plan with making more memory juice? I can't imagine anyone wanting brains with longer visions except for those trying to solve murders.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

durk onion posted:

So what is Blaine's plan with making more memory juice? I can't imagine anyone wanting brains with longer visions except for those trying to solve murders.

I still think he's trying to figure out how it works so he can erase his memories for real. It's definitely not for his brain business, tonight's episode saw to that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did she take your lunch money too buddy?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Is it wrong that I'm starting to root for Blaine now? Poor sociopath just can't get a break :smith:

Also glad to see the return of Full On Zombie Mode. Given what most of the crew has been through and not triggered it, I was beginning to think they'd forgotten about it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Chokes McGee posted:

Is it wrong that I'm starting to root for Blaine now? Poor sociopath just can't get a break :smith:

Also glad to see the return of Full On Zombie Mode. Given what most of the crew has been through and not triggered it, I was beginning to think they'd forgotten about it.

It's like Narcissus1916 said, beating the poo poo out of a character over and over makes them more likable.

Full on zombie mode makes them stronger but decreases their mental faculties and greatly increases the risk of exposure, so they try to avoid it. That it turns up so rarely probably speaks to how good the main zombies' control has gotten. (Plus spending an extra hour in the makeup chair for a 20 second scene probably sucks, lol.)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh man oh man thumb drive guy caught the mayor going full zombie during a session and he sent Fillmore to tie up loose ends. that's gotta be it

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
So is that really how it works in a situation like this, where the police have to tell your spouse you were having an affair? That seems like it would cause a lot of problems.

durk onion posted:

It's basically a super potent hallucinogen, with the right brains there has to be a market for that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

So is that really how it works in a situation like this, where the police have to tell your spouse you were having an affair? That seems like it would cause a lot of problems.

There probably isn't a legal obligation for the police to tattle on cheaters. In this case the husbands were potential suspects too, because they would have motive to kill the man loving their wives. Telling makes sense, otherwise they'd have to dance around why they were questioning a guy whose kid's teacher got murdered. Obvious false conclusion: If the parents of his students are suspects in his murder, was he doing something to the kids? Way less trouble to just come out with the reason they are under suspicion.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He's alive and well. :v:

Good to have rear end in a top hat Blaine back.

durk onion
Oct 25, 2010
Blaine's plan to torture his dad is so deviously awesome. Ravi and Liv's plan is so terribly stupid. How would they not suspect that there would be some sort of test to enter?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

durk onion posted:

Blaine's plan to torture his dad is so deviously awesome. Ravi and Liv's plan is so terribly stupid. How would they not suspect that there would be some sort of test to enter?

hey, they need protection from the zombie that keeps following them around :ohdear:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's alive and well. :v:

Good to have rear end in a top hat Blaine back.

I do like how they've humanized (:haw:) Blaine a lot with his brief face turn and back history with his father. The best villains are the ones who have a little bit of truth to what they do.

Plus David Anders is just so good at being a son of a bitch.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm guessing the brother(in law?) CEO will be a huge rear end in a top hat just because the lady CEO wasn't. :rip: zombie lady

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Nice Logan Echols cameo this episode

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

d0grent posted:

Probably. And she was the one reining in the guy who wanted to take the fight to the anti-zombs. Hope they don't decide to massacre the meeting Ravi is attending.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

d0grent posted:

As someone who discovered Veronica Mars a few years ago with my wife, that was an amusing surprise. I hope he stays around for the second half of the season.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

This show. :allears:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm guessing the brother(in law?) CEO will be a huge rear end in a top hat just because the lady CEO wasn't. :rip: zombie lady

Come on we didn't see a body.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I do like how they've humanized (:haw:) Blaine a lot with his brief face turn and back history with his father. The best villains are the ones who have a little bit of truth to what they do.

Plus David Anders is just so good at being a son of a bitch.

The one I feel sympathetic for is Don E, realizing that no matter how high he rises in the world he's still gonna end up being a flunky.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
My money is either on Vivian faking her own death as a false flag operation or Chase being a militant anti-human who murdered Vivian to move forward the D-Day timetable.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

durk onion posted:

Well, Blaine's plan is also not exactly foolproof. What with full-on zombie mode being a thing, you'd think he'd take some precautions against his dad doing a Ring impression eventually.

Still though, that whole set up was worth it just for the "Oh, he's alive and... well." pun. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Perestroika posted:

Well, Blaine's plan is also not exactly foolproof. What with full-on zombie mode being a thing, you'd think he'd take some precautions against his dad doing a Ring impression eventually.

Still though, that whole set up was worth it just for the "Oh, he's alive and... well." pun. :allears:

The worse outcome is that he's down there for so long he becomes a Romero. That's a mass outbreak waiting to happen.

• Locked thread