Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

bloom posted:

Did anyone point out yet what happened when Erdogan's goon squad tried the same bullshit in Netherlands?

So tolerant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol america is being cucked by the Netherlands

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
What's funny is that if Trump actually did come down hard on Erdogan he'd be criticized for being a heavy handed rear end in a top hat violating international law and threatening the leader of a sovereign nation.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Harrower posted:

What's funny is that if Trump actually did come down hard on Erdogan he'd be criticized for being a heavy handed rear end in a top hat violating international law and threatening the leader of a sovereign nation.
That's because a Trump intervention would involve frantically kramering into a hail of bullets lol. Good ideas require good execution too

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Have Blue posted:

That's because a Trump intervention would involve frantically kramering into a hail of bullets lol. Good ideas require good execution too

Who has time for good ideas or execution between giant heaping scoops of ice cream?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

bloom posted:

Did anyone point out yet what happened when Erdogan's goon squad tried the same bullshit in Netherlands?

i have a major hard-on for democratic nations pumping their state power muscle at autocrats

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

bloom posted:

this turns me on

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Reminder that Turkey is a member of NATO

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

blugu64 posted:

Reminder that Turkey is a member of NATO

One of the largest militaries in the world too (8th I think) and fairly professional to boot. Though post purge who knows what their officer cadre is like.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
turkey used to have the capability to steamroll most of the middle east up to israel, then they politically repressed all the competent people

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I'm just loving the idea that one of the largest contributing factors to that specemin gaining power was supposedly votes from outside Turkey.
gently caress erdogan, hopefully by those that voted for him.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Proud and Firece Muslim POC shows racist american that he too can #PunchNazis

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

turkey used to have the capability to steamroll most of the middle east up to israel, then they politically repressed all the competent people

the sick man of europe

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Psycho Society posted:

The US needs to sack the gently caress up and tell erdogan to go gently caress his own eager rear end in a top hat, imo

It would be so much easier if they didn't have the bomb

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Toadvine posted:

Just means we get to wipe out all our enemies at once in glorious nuclear hellfire then die a hero's death

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Toadvine posted:

They don't, they have our the bomb

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

blugu64 posted:

They don't, they have our the bomb

Until we get it back we can't exactly tell them to kick rocks though

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Nuclearmonkee posted:

which is really surprising too because we have done little besides poo poo on them or pull the rug out for most of that time

You tend to get good at dealing with bullshit when you spend your life getting poo poo on by bulls.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

lol america is being cucked by the Netherlands

Truly a sad day for America everybody

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Isn't this on page 13 of the newpapers by now?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Remember when conservatives complained that Obama made America look weak and that if Hillary was elected then the middle east wouldn't take us seriously? :newlol:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

Remember when conservatives complained that Obama made America look weak and that if Hillary was elected then the middle east wouldn't take us seriously? :newlol:

To be fair, I don't see Obama doing jack poo poo either if this had happened under him. His admin would send a Sternly Worded Letter after the fact and do nothing.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

bloom posted:

The loving dutch have more balls than the DC police? god drat this is embarassing

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

bloom posted:

You can't post pix like that without talking about what happened

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
sic 'em!

post more pics ITT of Turkish chauvinists getting their asses kicked.

BULBASAUR posted:

You can't post pix like that without talking about what happened

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Dutch%E2%80%93Turkish_diplomatic_incident

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

uber_stoat posted:

sic 'em!

this is extremely good the dutch rock

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

sic 'em!

i'm fully torqued for the free world right now

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
drat. The dutch own

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

BULBASAUR posted:

drat. The dutch own

They were a mercantile based empire so it makes sense.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

bloom posted:

wow america sucks

upstaged by the netherlands

thanks "the war on terror" for making us the bitches of turkey

further proof that nothing good will come of the US's policies since 9/11

is there any actual way to change our course? and real way to extract ourselves from what seems so surely to be our own undoing?

Nuclearmonkee posted:

To be fair, I don't see Obama doing jack poo poo either if this had happened under him. His admin would send a Sternly Worded Letter after the fact and do nothing.

it already happened twice under obama. 2014 and 2016. i don't think many people heard about it, nor would it seem to imply that anything at all will be done about it

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 19, 2017

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Nuclearmonkee posted:

A similar incident, though apparently less severe, did happen just over a year ago and was pointed out earlier in the thread. Snopes' coverage mentions how there was also an incident in Ecuador. Trump doesn't have a hand in every bad thing that happens, even if he is an incompetent embarrassment of a Chief Executive.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.c71b1a2628ff

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

RaySmuckles posted:

it already happened twice under obama. 2014 and 2016. i don't think many people heard about it, nor would it seem to imply that anything at all will be done about it

I haven't read up on the 2014 event but the 2016 event was almost yelling-only. This is dozens of guards swarming and beating protesters. There's no comparison.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Accretionist posted:

I haven't read up on the 2014 event but the 2016 event was almost yelling-only. This is dozens of guards swarming and beating protesters. There's no comparison.

this one was extremely brazen

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

this one was extremely brazen

2016 was brazen. This was an act of war in miniature. We're lucky no one's dead or retarded from the beatings and head-kicks

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

2016 was brazen. This was an act of war in miniature. We're lucky no one's dead or retarded from the beatings and head-kicks

this is the dumbest thing i have read today.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

this is the dumbest thing i have read today.

I will launch you out of a catapult into the Turkish ambassador's house

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Now punching people in the face you disagree with is wrong? I can't keep up with GBS flip flopping all the time

Lol

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

I will launch you out of a catapult into the Turkish ambassador's house

Never expected a Dues Vult racist call for war to be employed by the tolerant left

crazy times we live

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

Never expected a Dues Vult racist call for war to be employed by the tolerant left

crazy times we live

Bitch, how much do you weigh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

"Similarly, some Erdoğan supporters intended to call the Rotterdam police department and make the operators force to listen to religious and nationalistic Turkish songs. However, they mistakenly called the police department of the Town of Rotterdam in New York State, United States."

:lol:

• Locked thread