Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Just RealityMachina being the GOAT again, as usual.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=928300658

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

What's th3 pro strat now

Dongicus posted:

Relying on Gotcha Again to save u time and time again

This. And small-medium combat squads. Which is what I was doing in 1.2, but it's even easier because pod sizes are smaller in ExLight-VeryLight missions now. You can still stealth missions, though, just watch out for the drat loose drones.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gyshall posted:

Just RealityMachina being the GOAT again, as usual.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=928300658

Been using this already. Installed it last night to give it a shot. I can't recommend it enough, although, at conventional weapons tier, BRs are definitely way better than they probably ought to be. I don't think it'd be unbalancing to knock the mobility malus down to -2 on BRs as they are, but that's one of the many things in the .inis up to the user. The Marksman Rifle is fantastic, too. It makes Sharpshooters able to actually participate on more time-intensive missions like 8-turn train hacks.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

BlazetheInferno posted:

It really does seem like the Long War Devs just want an old-school XCom style bloodbath of a game that relies more of foreknowledge and luck to win than actual strategic ability.

Proof of this is in the yellow/green alert reaction fire settings. Over-infiltration helps a ton with that, at least. And they did put in a really awesome malus to aim and crit on those shots for certain difficulties, which I would totally recommend going into the .inis and changing because gently caress having a pod patrol into you AND get an alert shot AND have that shot crit, killing someone outright before you can even react.

Also, something I didn't know about until now because it was undocumented and I was dissecting all the .inis for the mod: SNEK TONGUE HAS RANGE NOW. Minimum AND maximum, I think 2 and 8 tiles respectively. Should help an awful lot with Vipers being complete jerks.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Wow, alien rulers sound loving retarded.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Is there a way to actually turn off alien rulers? I disabled it in my last game, but I guess that just means I don't do the intro mission, and instead my first encounter is random. Maybe the proper thing to do is keep it enabled and never do the intro mission?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Yes. I left alien rulers checked when starting a new game but never investigated the laboratory and they never showed up.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

counterfeitsaint posted:

Is there a way to actually turn off alien rulers? I disabled it in my last game, but I guess that just means I don't do the intro mission, and instead my first encounter is random. Maybe the proper thing to do is keep it enabled and never do the intro mission?

That will work (it will also give you the weapons if you do the first PoI but not the second). You can also just disable the DLC in Steam.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
So, I'm experimenting with the Dev tools, though nothing more complicated than just putting a character pool on the Workshop to figure that much out.

Once I've set the visibility to public, how long can I expect before it shows up under the "Most recent" tab on the Workshop?

(Also, I tried to set tags when I went to update it because I kept noticing things I wanted to adjust on the individual characters in the pool, but I don't think the tags took; or will that just be a delay as well?)

EDIT: Or will I simply not see my own mod there? I just peeked, and apparently I have already received some visitors other than myself to the mod page, so I don't know?

EDIT 2: Nevermind! I don't even care if it never sees any attention, I'm just glad I figured this much out. Though yeah, it looks like my attempt at adding tags didn't take.

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 20, 2017

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is there an expansion in this game that turns it into a game that uses resources correctly? It's like I'm playing Arkham Knight when it came out for this loving game.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Nope!

Closest thing is the default "Stop wasting my time" Mod, which actually gives a lot of people including myself a huge (50%) fps boost for the avenger bits for some arcane reason.

But yea, game runs like trash, especially when you go back and play the first which looks 70% as good and runs on a wooden PC.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think Alien Rulers are cool but having the Viper King show up in the second month on impossible is a bit extreme :regd09:

Serephina posted:

Nope!

Closest thing is the default "Stop wasting my time" Mod, which actually gives a lot of people including myself a huge (50%) fps boost for the avenger bits for some arcane reason.

But yea, game runs like trash, especially when you go back and play the first which looks 70% as good and runs on a wooden PC.

Yeah the performance of this game being so lovely is my biggest problem with it. Loading takes forever.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Internet Kraken posted:

I think Alien Rulers are cool but having the Viper King show up in the second month on impossible is a bit extreme :regd09:
Are they on by default in LW2 or can you just not do the nest mission as usual?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Are they on by default in LW2 or can you just not do the nest mission as usual?

Clicking the box on at the beginning of the campaign keeps their appearance gated behind The Nest mission, yep, no change from vanilla there. And in LW2, they only have a chance at free actions, 25% across all difficulties.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Any thoughts about resistance haven defence? Prior to 1.3 I thought they were relatively manageble, but now the rapid ramp up in reinforcement numbers makes it quite ridicolous. The spread out civies habour a faceless or two, so it seems I should tag like the 4-5 closest and then call it quits?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I know it sounds ridiculous but I can't get over how annoying this forced action camera for overwatch shots is. Why is there not a mod to fix this!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Bob NewSCART posted:

I know it sounds ridiculous but I can't get over how annoying this forced action camera for overwatch shots is. Why is there not a mod to fix this!

Someone has told you three loving times to turn off cinematic camera in the game options now.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
No wait, I mixed you up with someone else, sorry :(

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

First thing I did hombre! It works for everything except overwatch for some reason

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Bob NewSCART posted:

First thing I did hombre! It works for everything except overwatch for some reason

While it's not exactly what you're looking for, you can tweak overwatch so that it goes at loving lightning-fast speed. It's a tweak LW2 puts in by default. Inside the Camera.ini, there should be ReactionFireWorldSloMoRate, set it to 1.0 and it should zip right by ya at a speed that makes keeping track of the shots impossible!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What's this zip mode I see in the options menu? It doesn't have any description when I mouse over it. Maybe its something from a mod I have installed and not there by default though.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Zip mode is faster animations. Comes with the base game.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
If you have -allowconsole on, numpad +/- also control speeds, with some wonkiness. Speeding up during some anims leaves the effect in place for when you regain control, some don't. Some anims flat-out reset the speed to base, some don't.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
if anyone is interested in the modding poo poo I've been playing with I made a status update vid. Lot of tactical experimentation in here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUZRSZA9Ffk

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Very nice, like what I'm seeing.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Just started my first Long War 2 game, and I just lost 2 rookies on my second mission with two back to back crit. shots that had less than 5% of hitting and 1% of criting (both enemies where suppressed, flashbanged). There is :xcom: and then there is gently caress you. :argh:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Suspicious posted:

Zip mode is faster animations. Comes with the base game.

Holy poo poo how did I play 150 hours without this on it owns.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Bakalakadaka posted:

Holy poo poo how did I play 150 hours without this on it owns.

Where is the option for that? I didn't see that in the options, or is it only added as an option in lw2?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

It's a base option under gameplay I think?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Bob NewSCART posted:

Where is the option for that? I didn't see that in the options, or is it only added as an option in lw2?

Suspicious' post literally says it comes in the base game :v:

I think it was added in the first patch, so it's been in xcom2 for a while now

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Psion posted:

Suspicious' post literally says it comes in the base game :v:

I think it was added in the first patch, so it's been in xcom2 for a while now

Some things that come in base games are not actually enabled. Pretty sure almost any devconsole/cheatconsole in the past 10 years has had to be manually enabled through some means

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Bob NewSCART posted:

Some things that come in base games are not actually enabled. Pretty sure almost any devconsole/cheatconsole in the past 10 years has had to be manually enabled through some means

lol reach WAYYYYYYY back in there morty

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Goon Bob, you are technically correct: The BEST KIND of correct.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Whenever I've enabled zip mode it just seems so jarring, and I have to turn it back off.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Bob NewSCART posted:

just admit you didn't actually read the post and said something dumb, it's fine, we all skim posts. like I haven't read a coolguye post in years! ( :v: )

But seriously:

Options > Gameplay > Enable Zip Mode.

It's in the same menu as "enable autosave" and "show action cam" ... and I know you've been in that menu if you already disabled action cam.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

like I haven't read a coolguye post in years! ( :v: )

my eyes see but my brain refuses to read :cool: :hf: :coal:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Coolguye posted:

my eyes see but my brain refuses to read :cool: :hf: :coal:

this post, which I didn't read, gets it!

nah seriously bob if the option isn't there that may be a mod conflict, and if you just didn't see it whatever, but I promise zip mode exists outside LW2 :)

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

buh

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Don't see anything wrong? The guy can't move diagonal past the car/teammate, so he has to go all the way around your collection of guys that should be grenadead.

*edit*
Oh lol that's turn 1, nice. I've literally never had a start where my only moves would break cover, this is across 50ish games (about 4 to completion) in both vanilla and LW2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Well clearly its your fault for not bringing a specalist to hack that tower on the first turn :shepface: