Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

forkboy84 posted:

This but it was Jehovah's Witnesses. And it was yesterday.

I preferred when they came to your door, it was easier to avoid them than when they hang outside train stations & shopping centres

They normally have quite large sandwich boards with sunrises and vague slogans on them so if you're watching for that sort of thing you can keep your distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

SteelMentor posted:

Those stories always get a hollow laugh out of me. I've been attacked plenty by fucko EDL skinhead types for looking a little queer but I can happily stroll through pretty much any Muslim/Sikh area of my hometown and not get a speck of bother.

It's so loving obvious the people who perpetuate that poo poo have never talked to anyone darker than a jar of mayo in their life.

It's never been about any violence. The US has shown that if fascists need a dark person to commit a crime to push their agenda, they'll just invent one if something doesn't come up in time (Bowling Green Massacre)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

You get much the same when you post at your MP "Hi Jim, at your next surgery, can I kiss you? I've always wanted to know what Tony Blair's cock tastes like". Such is life.

:lol:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Just got in to work. Extra armed police at departures and border force for departures (which usually doesn't exist). Probably afraid the guy's friends will try to run?

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

ZyrKx posted:

gently caress off racist
What does race have to do with terrorism?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Imagine if Brum was really what these american trump supporting threadshitters really thought it was, like white people just can't enter for fear of their lives, a "no go zone". How would that work exactly, police and army have completely lost control? Escape From New York?

They were spouting this crap on public access TV in Detroit last year, as well as Sadiq Khan being a member of ISIS and mayor of London. Truly eye opening stuff very early on a Sunday morning

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The vultures should move on once they've picked the corpses clean.

i once saw vultures surrounding a deer that had been road kill off the side of the road once. was p cool i never thought i'd see that in person

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Miftan posted:

Just got in to work. Extra armed police at departures and border force for departures (which usually doesn't exist). Probably afraid the guy's friends will try to run?

They're stepping up security at lots of venues this week but I'm not hearing anything about additional searches taking place. I suspect they're being cautious in case this successful attack inspires others to try their own plans rather than tracking anyone in particular down.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

namesake posted:

They're stepping up security at lots of venues this week but I'm not hearing anything about additional searches taking place. I suspect they're being cautious in case this successful attack inspires others to try their own plans rather than tracking anyone in particular down.

I would say the same, but border force is a weird addition. All they do is check passports, so it makes it look like they're looking for someone. Could be anything, though.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Imagine if Brum was really what these american trump supporting threadshitters really thought it was, like white people just can't enter for fear of their lives, a "no go zone". How would that work exactly, police and army have completely lost control? Escape From New York?

Belfast, I guess. Like, army/armed cops patrol, but only in groups.

Good thing it's nothing like that given I changed trains at New Street just this Sunday! Had a lovely samosa from one of the shops, though.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

i think i got all of them but if any more crop up use the report button

:cryingdzerzhinsky:

Thank you comrade.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

TheRat posted:

I think you'll find we already established last night that suicide bombers are incredibly common in the UK
Just to be clear for the Americans in-thread who don't follow UK news at all: the only person in the UK killed by Islamist terrorism between the 2005 bombings in London and the Westminster attack earlier this year was Lee Rigby in 2013. Unless you count Khalid Ahmed who killed himself but no-one else in the Glasgow Airport attack I guess. That's one death over 11 years.

These incidents are incredibly isolated and in no way can be used as justification to put a million people in camps or to call for a "final solution".

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

staberind posted:

I do hope i was not included, as i live in Brighton, a place well known for politely declining to view the fash as human.

Brighton, Sussex, (the best 'sex)

yo show up to labour volunteering for kemptown. It's close AS gently caress.

Oberleutnant posted:

Couple of weeks ago i was out shopping in town and some guy gave me a pamphlet inviting people to like an open night at the local mosque. I swear it's like living in the caliphate. My deeply held judeochristian culture is under existenital threat rn

I always felt kinda bad for not going to the ones the chip-and-chicken place I used to go to hand out because the guys there were super nice, but I'm also super not-religious.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I just received an email saying that my CLP will be resuming local campaigning tomorrow. Is it just the national campaigning that's stopped for now?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Just to be clear for the Americans in-thread who don't follow UK news at all: the only person in the UK killed by Islamist terrorism between the 2005 bombings in London and the Westminster attack earlier this year was Lee Rigby in 2013. Unless you count Khalid Ahmed who killed himself but no-one else in the Glasgow Airport attack I guess. That's one death over 11 years.

These incidents are incredibly isolated and in no way can be used as justification to put a million people in camps or to call for a "final solution".

Jesus Christ, even I thought it was more than that :psyduck:

It just proves how good the media is at making it feel like we're constantly under attack.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Ok now do rapes and sexual violence.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Apparently, telling Katie Hopkins to "gently caress off you vile oval office, and when you've hosed off gently caress off some more, then gently caress off again and again until you've hosed off forever" gets you this on Twitter

Good to see Twitter starting to take steps against online hate speech directed against women.

Fados posted:

It's probably better to focus on some dumb analogy that a D&D poster made about water pipes and repeat it ad-infinitum like that's what he actually believes happened.

An analogy, forums poster Fados, is the use of non-literal figurative language to imply some degree of similarity. Insisting that the suicide bombing could simply have been a burst water pipe(or balloon in front of a microphone causing people to stampede over loose nails, etc.) is not an analogical statement, it is the proffering of an alternative hypothesis as to the cause of the deaths.

Anyone still suggesting that this was a government false flag to derail Jeremy's glorious march to victory, or has the thread moved on?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

TheRat posted:

If you want to really stare into the void, I recommend giving scandipol a go.

Yeah even Europol is better than the Scandi thread, and that's saying something.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

namesake posted:

Having had this discussion with my dysfunctional Canadian relatives that's putting too much thought into it, they literally think there's areas where white people will be attacked just for walking down a street and don't consider the reaction that would immediately cause.

Hey now pissflaps never posts anything to indicate he is racist or sexist or anything except for annoyingly pedantic and anti-Corbyn.
I was more thinking just general wrong headedness, obstinancy, and persistent mashing of the 'post' button. I was never suggesting Pissflaps is racist, just a bit. Sorry for the confusion.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 23, 2017

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Firos posted:

I just received an email saying that my CLP will be resuming local campaigning tomorrow. Is it just the national campaigning that's stopped for now?

Yeah. There's an unspoken pact between the parties that attempting to suspend low level campaigning is something that will inevitably lead to someone somewhere breaking that and theres no way to hold the national parties responsible for it. For the most part the local campaigns normally wait for the national campaign to start again because no one wants to be seen to politicise the issue but there's nothing to stop the local campaigns from carrying on.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Apparently, telling Katie Hopkins to "gently caress off you vile oval office, and when you've hosed off gently caress off some more, then gently caress off again and again until you've hosed off forever" gets you this on Twitter

You can't swear too much at blue ticks, unless you are a blue tick yourself.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

The Insect Court posted:

Good to see Twitter starting to take steps against online hate speech directed against women.
This is Feminism in 2017. Women cannot see bad words, we must protect them.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Jesus Christ, even I thought it was more than that :psyduck:

It just proves how good the media is at making it feel like we're constantly under attack.

If you want to know more, the Home Office publishes quarterly statistics here. Terrorism is a real ongoing threat and we've gotten very lucky over the years.

e: not that this should be in any way be taken to justify going full Hitler, it's just that there's an enormous effort happening outside of the public spotlight to stop those deaths happening.

e2 : and before anyone catches me out on this, a majority of the terrorism convictions involve supporting terrorism overseas (ie. ISIS) rather than domestic terror plots. It's still a persistent and real danger though.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 23, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NathanScottPhillips posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile_sexual_abuse_scandal here you go, start there and move your way upwards

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

The Insect Court posted:

Anyone still suggesting that this was a government false flag to derail Jeremy's glorious march to victory, or has the thread moved on?

Given the incompetence of the security services in actually keeping things private, I doubt it.
If a sitting PM or Home Sec was found to have known about a possible attack of this magnitude and allowed it to happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Death Penalty being discussed.
That's still an option in the books somewhere, isn't it?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

This is Feminism in 2017. Women cannot see bad words, we must protect them.

Well now, aren't you charming.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This is lovely: (read the entire thread)

https://twitter.com/DrEm_79/status/866948006498717697

I was watching sky news last night. They had their on site journalist hand his phone to a mother and explain in detail how she and her young daughter were just seconds from being cought in the blast. They then asked her to explain how it made her feel that she and her daughter could have been hit. Real hard hitting journalism there.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

TheRat posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile_sexual_abuse_scandal here you go, start there and move your way upwards
Thanks but that's not the same? We were talking about people being murdered since 2005 by Islamic terrorism. Can we stay on topic and talk about Islamic rapes and sexual violence since 2005? I think there was a big story about the police protecting child abuse because of fears about being labeled "racist." As someone who recently was called racist by UK citizens for not even mentioning race in any way, I sympathize with that hesitation.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I am not aware of anyone being raped by Islamic terrorism in the UK.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Thanks but that's not the same? We were talking about people being murdered since 2005 by Islamic terrorism. Can we stay on topic and talk about Islamic rapes and sexual violence since 2005? I think there was a big story about the police protecting child abuse because of fears about being labeled "racist." As someone who recently was called racist by UK citizens for not even mentioning race in any way, I sympathize with that hesitation.

Racists are always the most upset at being called what they are.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Low Desert Punk posted:

Racists are always the most upset at being called what they are.
You agree, the police should have left the Islamic child rape circles alone? It's their "culture" or whatever? Is that your opinion.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
A proclick, but heavy and horrible.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

You can infer racism without directly saying something racist. In fact racists are often very good at never directly saying racist comments while being very racist indeed.

You agree, the police should have left the Islamic child rape circles alone? It's their "culture" or whatever? Is that your opinion.

Ah that story. The one where the police got out of not doing anything because they didn't give a poo poo, by saying they wanted to act but the country was too politically correct. Yeah that was great.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Oberleutnant posted:

Well now, aren't you charming.
Yes, when you treat women with respect and dignity, they do consider you charming!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This is the UK antifa thread. Please write 'sympathise'.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

TheRat posted:

This is the UK antifa thread. Please write 'sympathise'.
I don't give in to the demands of fascism.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I don't give in to the demands of fascism.

And so you must be purged.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

You can infer racism without directly saying something racist. In fact racists are often very good at never directly saying racist comments while being very racist indeed.

Ah that story. The one where the police got out of not doing anything because they didn't give a poo poo, by saying they wanted to act but the country was too politically correct. Yeah that was great.
What did I say that's secretly racist then? I think I have only been talking about terrorists and rapists.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
The Channel 4 News Manchester reportage is much of the usual tawdry ghoulishness you might expect, but also they had a little interview with the lady who helped shepherd a bunch of scared kids to a Holiday Inn and put the word out to the parents. But for the last day she's been receiving texts and pictures from panicked parents whose kids are missing, injured or dead. :sigh: What a crock of poo poo, my sympathies to anyone affected, and as always Nazi fucks get rekt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

Yeah. There's an unspoken pact between the parties that attempting to suspend low level campaigning is something that will inevitably lead to someone somewhere breaking that and theres no way to hold the national parties responsible for it. For the most part the local campaigns normally wait for the national campaign to start again because no one wants to be seen to politicise the issue but there's nothing to stop the local campaigns from carrying on.

I know that at least in one seat the local Labour party were out campaigning today and got some disapproval over it.

• Locked thread