Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I think its more of an oversight, the lady version is a fancy sequin dress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MikeJF posted:

Why the gently caress is AWKCR changing reginald's suit from a badass look to a generic tux? Apparently it's not even a bug, it's the author going 'gently caress you'.

There's lots of mods that do that because Reginald's Suit is identical to a generic outfit called "surveyor outfit" and the lady version being a fancy dress makes it weird that the dude version is just a surveyor's outfit.

Tuxedos are also more difficult to find. :shrug:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The Survivalist Rifle is back people!

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
FWIW, I encountered the same Sim Settlements issue in a new run without DCMS: the models of two different building types overlapping each other on a single built plot:

I built the mod-supplied "immersion breaker breaker" (which is a weapon that looks like a hammer) and attacked the structure with it, but it didn't seem to do anything. I've lost the Sim Settlements settings holotape so I'm going to look around for it and see if it includes any global reset options.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Also:

I roll hard. This game is so much better with a posse full of power armor wearing weirdos.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Alright, I'm not 100% sure if this problem is caused by mods or not, so I'll just ask here. One of my three characters can no longer interact with Terminals and Crafting Stations. When attempting to interact with any crafting station, the camera switches to 3rd person for a few seconds, then nothing happens. When attempting to use a terminal, the interact prompt fades for a couple of seconds, but the character doesn't actually move and the terminal doesn't activate. This is only happening on one of the three characters, quitting and reloading doesn't change things, nor does uninstalling the last 3 or 4 installed mods. The position of the crafting table doesn't matter either. Anyone have this happen to them before?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Is there a mod to make crafting stations and / or terminals with chairs in front of them accessible to power armored PCs?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

:krad:

This made me wonder how many weapons have actually been imported from New Vegas so far, so I decided to make a list. As of now, we've got:

GUNS:

9mm Pistol
.45 Auto Pistol/A Light Shining in the Darkness
That Gun
Hunting Revolver/Ranger Sequoia (Shoutout though to this mod, which is a very nice Ranger Sequoia retex of the .44 Magnum)
12.7mm Pistol
Single Shotgun/Caravan Shotgun
Lever-Action Shotgun
Hunting Shotgun
Riot Shotgun
9mm SMG
10mm SMG
Varmint Rifle
Battle RIfle/This Machine
Sniper Rifle/Gobi Campaign Rifle
Anti-Material Rifle
Automatic Rifle
The Bozar
Assault Carbine/Service Rifle/All American

ENERGY WEAPONS

Laser RCW
Incinerator
Plasma Caster

EXPLOSIVES

Flare Gun
Grenade Launcher/Holorifle
Grenade Rifle
25mm APW

THROWN

Holy Frag Grenade

MELEE

Bowie Knife
Bumper Sword
Chainsaw
Cleaver
Fire Axe
Katana
Nuka Breaker

UNARMED

Nothing because modders are jerks. Give me my ballistic fist you assholes! :argh:

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 22, 2017

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It's surprisingly bigger than that, plus we got a decent amount of clothong/armour recreations from the previous two games.

We do need more melee/unarmed recreations though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I wish there was some omnibus balance standard for mod weapons. Ultimately the problem is the lack of thought that went into vanilla game balance, but I do miss FONV's diversity of guns providing small but meaningful distinctions, whereas dropping .45 auto alongside 10mm, or the laser RCW alongside the laser rifle, doesn't provide much difference. In fact I was planning on running with the RCW but it has nothing on the laser rifle except heavier weight and worse damage progression.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I was counting New Vegas specifically, but yeah there's been a ton of weapon mods for it. At this point the only straight guns from New Vegas that haven't been modded in are more obscure/lesser used stuff like the .22 SMG and the Light Machine Gun, and most of the lever-action variants. But all the shotguns are in, all the pistols are in, it's really impressive if you're the kind of person who likes turning Fallout 4 into New Vegas (Which I am :v:)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

I wish there was some omnibus balance standard for mod weapons. Ultimately the problem is the lack of thought that went into vanilla game balance, but I do miss FONV's diversity of guns providing small but meaningful distinctions, whereas dropping .45 auto alongside 10mm, or the laser RCW alongside the laser rifle, doesn't provide much difference. In fact I was planning on running with the RCW but it has nothing on the laser rifle except heavier weight and worse damage progression.

Iron Rose had plans for something like this with the more popular mainstream gun mods, but has gone silent again on us.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I was counting New Vegas specifically, but yeah there's been a ton of weapon mods for it. At this point the only straight guns from New Vegas that haven't been modded in are more obscure/lesser used stuff like the .22 SMG and the Light Machine Gun, and most of the lever-action variants. But all the shotguns are in, all the pistols are in, it's really impressive if you're the kind of person who likes turning Fallout 4 into New Vegas (Which I am :v:)

Yeah same. I kind of hope the .22 smg shows up along with some more of the diverse meleee weapons at some point too. That gun has personality dammit!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Basic Chunnel posted:

There's a lot that you can do in regards to weapon performance with the FO4 engine, it's just that a lot of the time weapon modders don't really seem to give a poo poo about balance and Bethesda didn't know what to do with the system. Horizon approaches this, but I'm not sure exactly how much it tweaks stats.

E: for example, want to differentiate an RCW and laser rifle? Give the RCW better hip fire accuracy, faster ADS speed, lower TTK, low spread bloom, but set its ADS accuracy to just higher than its hip fire stat. You would have a gun that excels at short range encounters, but is useless at longer ranges.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 22, 2017

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

A cool list for cool people

But you forgot the best one! The 12.7mm Sig Sauer Pistol is delightful. It's quite true to the original, looks excellent in both first and third person, is well-animated, has a decent selection of weapon mods you can apply, and is well balanced, sitting between the .44 magnum and Western Revolver as a late-game weapon. The only nitpick I have with it is that the leveled list integration seems to not use a script so if you're running other mods that change the leveled lists it might not show up outside of vendors.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yeah same. I kind of hope the .22 smg shows up along with some more of the diverse meleee weapons at some point too. That gun has personality dammit!

It's the American 180 which is even cooler in real life, and just as much of a special snowflake. The 180 in the name is the number of rounds in the magazine- and it does come with even larger ones as well. Given that it shoots so fast it sounds like a gatling gun, it's the sort of weapon you spend all day loading and then empty in about a second. This makes it potentially a better video game gun than real gun, to be fair.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The 12.7mm mod definitely has lovely level listing, 9 times of 10 whenever you find 10mm ammo it's alongside the exact same amount of 12.7mm ammo

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

aniviron posted:

But you forgot the best one! The 12.7mm Sig Sauer Pistol is delightful. It's quite true to the original, looks excellent in both first and third person, is well-animated, has a decent selection of weapon mods you can apply, and is well balanced, sitting between the .44 magnum and Western Revolver as a late-game weapon. The only nitpick I have with it is that the leveled list integration seems to not use a script so if you're running other mods that change the leveled lists it might not show up outside of vendors.

What's funny is that I looked over that mod and downloaded it for myself while I was compiling that list, but forgot to actually stick it in there :downs:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

:krad:

This made me wonder how many weapons have actually been imported from New Vegas so far, so I decided to make a list. As of now, we've got:

GUNS:

9mm Pistol
.45 Auto Pistol/A Light Shining in the Darkness
That Gun
Hunting Revolver/Ranger Sequoia (Shoutout though to this mod, which is a very nice Ranger Sequoia retex of the .44 Magnum)
12.7mm Pistol
Single Shotgun/Caravan Shotgun
Lever-Action Shotgun
Hunting Shotgun
Riot Shotgun
9mm SMG
10mm SMG
Varmint Rifle
Battle RIfle/This Machine
Sniper Rifle/Gobi Campaign Rifle
Anti-Material Rifle
Automatic Rifle
The Bozar
Assault Carbine/Service Rifle/All American

ENERGY WEAPONS

Laser RCW
Incinerator
Plasma Caster

EXPLOSIVES

Flare Gun
Grenade Launcher/Holorifle
Grenade Rifle
25mm APW

THROWN

Holy Frag Grenade

MELEE

Bowie Knife
Bumper Sword
Chainsaw
Cleaver
Fire Axe
Katana
Nuka Breaker

UNARMED

Nothing because modders are jerks. Give me my ballistic fist you assholes! :argh:

I love how all the screenshots in the Hunting Shotgun mod are third person because the first person looks like rear end, held out far from the player.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Miss seeing the cripple system hurt and annoy NPC's as much as it does to you and the tactical edge that came with it? Realistic Crippled Limb Effects basically forces them to adapt to suddenly losing a limb. This mod also makes it so now most NPC's go down to the ground when you take out a limb instead of just a handful. Combine this with the return of the UI cripple message that tells you said NPC is hobbling about whilst your trying to not die and good times had by mostly all.
Word to the wise that this mod (maybe just the no-autoheal version?) doesn't play so nicely with built robots - once a limb is crippled, that limb and its accoutrements are gone. Which might be something you're into, but if you liked ADA's claw hand and don't have the chops to build a new one (why would you even go for blacksmith in a survival run?), one errant explosion and it's gone.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I still want holstered weapons back in the game without simply wearing them as accessories.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

A random video popped up in my feed today with a guy discussing the Fallout 4 concept art and I was really impressed with it. Some of it is really great, Boston with way more clutter and people. Mama Murphy as an older lady on a customised Mr Handy mobility frame with her knitting hanging from a built in drip holder. A shanty city built into a ruined skyscraper. There was a great image of the the survivor with a bleeding fist stepping out of his cryo tube, the glass shattered from punching his way out. It is a shame so much of it didn't make it all the way.

I don't really have high hopes for Fallout 5, not after what happened with Andromeda.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

We'll see what happens with TESV6 first. Ultimately, Bethesda needs to come to terms with some changes about how they do (and indeed even support) narrative and spend a good long while working on their engine's UI capability and asset pipeline.

Or, you know, not.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

MikeJF posted:

We'll see what happens with TESV6 first. Ultimately, Bethesda needs to come to terms with some changes about how they do (and indeed even support) narrative and spend a good long while working on their engine's UI capability and asset pipeline.

Or, you know, not.

If they can get the engine running on Vulkan pretty much all of its performance problems would be solved. The main limiting factor of Fallout 4 is that it can run into 10,000 draw calls pretty quickly in downtown Boston, at which point the engine or DX11 chokes out. That'd go a long way to freeing their hands in regards to level design.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 23, 2017

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I don't think it'll solve an underlying cultural issue that a lot of their performance problems seem related them them just having gone 'ah well, gently caress it'. Vulkan will let them push the engine capabilities, but it's strange how they just don't seem to care to optimise their models or textures properly or in any kind of consistent manner, as has come up repeatedly in this thread - you more than anyone, with your Boston optimisation.

I've felt that so much in this game. There's just a great deal of 'oh whatever, good enough' permeating so much of it.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 23, 2017

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, they definitely seem to just blithely gloss over really glaring performance issues. It's bad enough on PC, but seeing downtown Boston on PS4 was horrific. I don't understand how you make a game and find that to be acceptable.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Basic Chunnel posted:

I know I mention horizon like every time I post, but the horizon guy is now teaming up with others to introduce mod weapons into horizon with unified balancing. The first set is available and introduces some new vegas weapons plus classics and a few others. Like a fun makeshift anti materiel rifle or the grenade launcher.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

MikeJF posted:

I've felt that so much in this game. There's just a great deal of 'oh whatever, good enough' permeating so much of it.

I think Bethesda's biggest problem is that they're focused entirely on putting more "stuff" into the game, to the complete detriment on the actual quality of that stuff. Take the weapon mod system-by raw numbers, there's an unimaginable number of permutations of barrels, receivers, stocks, sights, whatever. But so much of that poo poo either doesn't actually matter, is balanced horribly, or will be used for approximately five minutes until the player builds or mods something better. Everything in the game is the same-quests, writing, settlements, map design, everything-is all based around "More stuff", with no regard for that stuff's quality.

At least Far Harbor felt like somebody decided to go for the extra mile of polish instead of merely filling it up with garbage, but that expansion itself is a big outlier on the whole Fallout 4 experience.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm convinced Nuka World exists because they had just enough extra stuff lying around.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

To some degree I am pretty much certain that is correct. It's very very common practice for DLC in triple A games to be based on content that was cut, and given the terminal entries you can read, the Combat Zone, Easy City Downs, East Boston Prep School, all the named raiders with a web of alliances and betrayals, the fact that they have dialogue for when you kill the other named raider bosses, the Bunker Hill dialogue referencing raiders living in town- yeah. It's pretty clear that at some point the raiders were either joinable or at least non-hostile by default, and you'd have been able to talk with them. I have no idea why all that was cut, but I guarantee you a big chunk of the ideas and assets that were planned for this content were used in Nuka World.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24394/

Really fantastic MP40 mod just landed. Three different takes on it (including the traditional, a tacticool variant, and an experimental one that mimics the Villar Perosa if you're familiar with BF1), custom animations, nice model and textures, etc.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Those might just be the least helpful mod screenshots I've seen to date. The weapon seems like it looks pretty good? But it's hard to tell with the vaseline on the lens, contrast adjustments, Venetian-blind lighting, weird angles, etc.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

aniviron posted:

Those might just be the least helpful mod screenshots I've seen to date. The weapon seems like it looks pretty good? But it's hard to tell with the vaseline on the lens, contrast adjustments, Venetian-blind lighting, weird angles, etc.

Yeah, the screenshots are kind of a mess, but the model is actually quite pretty, there's three different "skins" (standard gunmetal, chrome, and weathered/rusty), custom animations, a hell of a lot of mods, and it all works pretty seamlessly. It even includes BOTH an AWKCR version and a non-AWKCR version. The screenshots do not do it justice.

Meanwhile, I'm still not sure why VIS doesn't always tag poo poo properly. Certain guns work flawlessly with VIS or AWKCR tags (for example, the Assault Carbine doesn't include them but someone made a mod to give it sorting tags and it works without issue), but some guns, even ones WITH a tags/AWKCR patch, just flat out won't loving tag. The most confusing one if the M1 Garand, where the gun will not tag properly no matter what I've tried, but the bayonet melee weapon that it adds does so without issue.

I'm assuming there's a conflict somewhere but I have no idea how to even approach that.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gXvP080bjk

Ahaha the experimental version is incredible

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Pwnstar posted:

Oh wow, that was not what I was expecting.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFFmHLL2nGg

Apparently you have to do some poo poo to game files for this to work or something. Looks awesome though.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Pwnstar posted:

It's loving insane. It's basically the Villar Perosa from BF1, which, for the uninitiated, is a double-barrel, double-mag machine gun that spits murder like mad. It's literally two gun bolted together, firing at the same time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pwnstar posted:

A gun in Fallout that feels good to shoot?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The animations are really good except for the weird floppy charging handle that runs away from your hand when you go to reload it.

Which is really weird and in your face.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I made a new mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24420/

It gives legendary enemies unique names so now instead of fighting "Legendary Gunner" you fight "Angel Eyes" or "Dirty Harriet" or whatever dumb names I made.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Pwnstar posted:

It gives legendary enemies unique names so now instead of fighting "Legendary Gunner" you fight "Angel Eyes" or "Dirty Harriet" or whatever dumb names I made.
I like it.

GORBASH THE DEVOURER

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Pwnstar posted:

Very nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has anyone tried adding weapon degradation back into the game? I'm one of those weirdos who actually liked that system