Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I would be willing to bet virtual console gets zero mention in their presentation and only comes up in empty statements during annoyed interviews with Reggie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just give me like a 30 second update on Suda 51's lucha libre game that's all I need. I can accept that Metroid is dead if Dead Cells gets ported over.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I'm an Eagle Scout and that is probably the most BoysLife has ever done for me.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

^burtle posted:

:same:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Hopefully we get a VC announcement and they let us buy Urban Champion.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

Yall didnt get a cool spykit or an NES out of the back?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I just want to play the best Mario game, Super Mario World, on my Nintendo Switch.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

fastbilly1 posted:

I read those Pedro comics on the john every once in awhile.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spacebump posted:

Hopefully we get a VC announcement and they let us buy Blast Corps.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Norns posted:

I just want to play the best Mario game, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, on my Nintendo Switch.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The only VC I need is all the previous 2D Zeldas released 5 minutes from now and I don't think that is asking too much.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Norns posted:

I just want to play the best Mario game, Super Mario Brothers All Stars + Super Mario World, on my Nintendo Switch.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

fastbilly1 posted:

I still believe. Will trade my Switch for one of these (contingent on me losing, uh, a couple LBs)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Anyone know if Cosmic Star Heroine will be coming to the Switch?

I don't want to buy anything for my PS4 anymore.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Well seems about right, Pikmin 4 has been said to be pretty close to ready for awhile, and Animal Crossing has been in need of a proper release for awhile. Didn't imagine Metroid would get announced this year, may the meme continue.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

^burtle posted:

:same:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'll be surprised if we get an Animal Crossing announcement already. New Leaf just got a huge update. I hope it'll let you transfer some stuff over like Wild World-City Folk.

I can't wait though. The Switch will truly be amazing once I have Smash, Animal Crossing and Mario Maker.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 25, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Policenaut posted:

For your hilariously unlikely E3 leak toss-up, Boy Scouts of America may or may not have leaked that Animal Crossing is coming to Switch.

Hopefully it's VC Amiibo Festival

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Mister Facetious posted:

Anyone know if Cosmic Star Heroine will be coming to the Switch?

I don't want to buy anything for my PS4 anymore.

The Dev of that said the PS4 release of CSR was super disappointing and that he was considering leaving game development as one of his options so no

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

JethroMcB posted:

I still believe. Will trade my Switch for one of these (contingent on me losing, uh, a couple LBs)

No need to lose weight or your Switch. Build your own with an powerful leaf blower:
https://www.wired.com/2012/05/ff_hovercraft/
Or two, you can use one for steering. I built one last year when I was snowed in for a few days kinda road it down the street.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dear Pikmin,

Please let bingo battle be online. Please.

-Neph

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Just give us a pikmin consisting entirely of randomly generated dungeons, Pikmin 2 style

Call it The Binding of Pikmin, throw a few RNG powerups in there, call it a day

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Not a Children posted:

Just give us a pikmin consisting entirely of randomly generated dungeons, Pikmin 2 style

Really I just want more Pikmin in any form. If Pikmin 3 had online I would've played it for another 100 hours. Bingo Battle is the best multiplayer mode that no one has played.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Not a Children posted:

gross

Just give us another Pikmin 1

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lakbay posted:

The Dev of that said the PS4 release of CSR was super disappointing and that he was considering leaving game development as one of his options so no

*Does no advertising; expects profitable return*

:rolleyes:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
im hearing rumors that super mario world is coming to switch?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Not a Children posted:

Add the multiplayer that was in Pikmin 2 and I'm preordering.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why are all arcade sticks so expensive? Just because of the niche market? It seems like they have less components in general, bulky plastic or metal casings aside.

Kinda.

Long answer:

The good thing about arcade sticks now is they use quality arcade parts used in arcades (thus being able to technically withstand hours and hours of pounding from a bunch of people). If you were to build one yourself, quality buttons cost about $3 each. You'd need a minimum of about 11 buttons that'll map to a regular controller. That's $33 right there. Then you'd need the actual joystick portion of the stick which costs about $25. Then you'd need a controller PCB, USB cable and a bunch of wires. This will cost about $40 to $50. (realistically will cost you more last time I checked)

Unless you're going to use a shoe box or tupperware, then you'll need a case to house all of this in. Now you're already looking at $100 for everything above except a case. If you go the DIY approach, you can probably make a housing for $20 in materials provided you already have the tools. If looking for a custom case, cheapest I've seen is about $50 or so, but they can easily go for a lot more.

When you take all this into consideration and also consider it's a niche market, sticks being sold for $150 to $200 is a pretty decent deal. Especially if you don't want to deal with any DIY solutions.

Sure, Hori and Razer can probably source all these materials for a lot cheaper, but considering they're probably not going to move joysticks at a high volume, the prices are OK for a niche market. They also have product lines that use way shittier parts and those can be had for less than $100. But why bother when they'll probably break and you'd have to buy and replace the parts later anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

The first level will be unlockable in the rabids game

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Policenaut posted:

For your hilariously unlikely E3 leak toss-up, Boy Scouts of America may or may not have leaked that Animal Crossing is coming to Switch.

This better be true, because I got mad hosed over on not getting an Animal Crossing for Wii U.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

Stop spreading FUD, troll. :colbert:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So can I already download the stuff for the ARMS Testpunch or do I have to wait until tomorrow or what, I haven't kept up

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Policenaut posted:

I mean, at this point that ranks at the level of "There will be a Mario game"

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Ciaphas posted:

So can I already download the stuff for the ARMS Testpunch or do I have to wait until tomorrow or what, I haven't kept up

You can download it now

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Goffus is excited for news on the Scorpio, Gallant knows Mario Odyssey will be outstanding.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I have been avoiding this thread so that I don't get hype about a console I can't buy, but I have to say that it's shocking how much Amazon is letting people scalp Switches. The first result in searches are $150 above list price, it's unbelievable.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The people who were calling the Switch the new Wii U and deciding to just wait for a sale are kind of dumb.

Good luck finding one in 2017. If Nintendo is smart they'll redirect all game development to the Switch. It's clear they have a hit on their hands.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Nintendo E3 show:

ARMS!
SPLATOON 2!
MARIO ODYSSEY!
The VC is OUT NOW! [the only game is NES Golf]
RIME! (maybe before Christmas???)
Skyrim!
And announcing our new console, the Nintendo Hilariously Short Life Cycle!

Even this worse case scenario is way better than the abuse Wii U owners suffered.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kirios posted:

The people who were calling the Switch the new Wii U and deciding to just wait for a sale are kind of dumb.

Good luck finding one in 2017. If Nintendo is smart they'll redirect all game development to the Switch. It's clear they have a hit on their hands.

There were literally a dozen of them at my local Walmart, because Canadians don't want to pay CAD $450 for a USD $299 tablet.

We still haven't adapted to our dollar not being roughly equal again, even though it started falling in 2013.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Skyrim is gonna be the 360 version for $60 and dumbasses are gonna buy and and enjoy themselves and think it's good, but I know better.

• Locked thread