Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thisLambo
Aug 28, 2016

Alonso is the fastest "rookie" of the year...

https://twitter.com/McLarenIndy/status/867803978733469697

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

:)

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

That 5000 must feel like a lot for a guy making 40 million a year.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dentist toy box posted:

That 5000 must feel like a lot for a guy making 40 million a year.

Isn't that drat near $5,000/hour?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Maybe he's so drat happy because that's the first giant novelty check of his racing career.

"They make them that big?" :D

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

IMS confirmed that Pence will not have an official role at the race.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

Nice!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I hope Alonso frames a $5K check from some cow owners

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dude's got his own museum and that's right where that is going, along with the Dallara.

Even holding that little amount of money? He seems much more happy here.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

Dude's got his own museum and that's right where that is going, along with the Dallara.

Even holding that little amount of money? He seems much more happy here.

He has more points in the 2017 indy championship currently than he's had in F1 in years.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wicka posted:

disappointed. i wanted him to have the role of getting a pie in the face once per lap.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Jenna Fryer: Alonso coming to the 500 is overrated.

Also Jenna Fryer: https://twitter.com/AP_Sports/status/867868904479227906

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

some media stuff thats probably not worth reading EXCEPT this quote:

quote:

“This place gets further and further into your butt each year,” Kimball says.

im spurtin here

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Did Alonso and Kanaan immediately become best friends?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm pretty sure TK could become instant best friends with anybody.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

WindyMan posted:

Looks good but I really want to see what this looks like with team liveries on it.

Norns posted:

Give reddit like 5 min I'm sure someone will do it

:wow:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I hope they put the numbers there in reality, that's perfect.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

oh my god this chub

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:shlick:

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Gotta love internet fanboys

So apparently Reba McEntire is singing the national anthem for tomorrow's Freedom 100. For those that don't know, she's the mother of Indy Lights veteran Shelby Blackstock

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Honest question, how many times have you :shlick: in the past few weeks because according to your internet-posts it seems like quite a lot

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

WindyMan posted:

Honest question, how many times have you :shlick: in the past few weeks because according to your internet-posts it seems like quite a lot

Don't kink shame

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

:stare:

Norns posted:

Don't kink shame

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WindyMan posted:

You've stopped masturbating since Nando was announced?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

iospace posted:

You've stopped masturbating since Nando was announced?

I withdraw my question.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

p h w o a r

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If you squint it looks a 2K.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

WindyMan posted:

I withdraw my question.

:master:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Pruett's latest podcast is hella awkward as they talk about driver deaths/risk with Stef Wilson, but there was some interesting tidbits.

Like apparently part of the reason Coyne didn't put Stef in the #18 is because he was really torn up about Justin dying, and with Bourdais' crash, didn't want to be responsible for killing another Wilson. Sucks for Stef, but man... i kinda get it.

Also Michael Cannon says that he expects the new car to be just as fast as the current car, if not faster. Mostly because of a big increase in top speed and relying on more efficient undertray aero, although the total downforce number will be reduced a good margin.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/140861-podcast-the-week-in-indycar-news-may-25-indy-500-preview

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Higher top speeds but lower downforce is what these cars need. (At Indy, anyway) The current situation with the cars being almost as fast in the turns as on straights just feels wrong.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Cygni posted:

Also Michael Cannon says that he expects the new car to be just as fast as the current car, if not faster. Mostly because of a big increase in top speed and relying on more efficient undertray aero, although the total downforce number will be reduced a good margin.

This has always been the solution. Higher top speeds, less downforce, less aero wake. If you can get more top end speed through aero that's just as good as increasing the power of the engine (but let's also do that eventually).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Carb Day and the Freedom 100 tomorrow! :peanut: Should be good weather, partly sunny, high near 78, 5 to 9 mph winds.

Friendly reminder: No streaming will be available tomorrow, as everything is on NBCSN.

Schedule:
1100-1200 Final Indy Practice
1230-1330 Freedom 100
1330-1530 Pit Stop Competition.

Also, final pit stalls: http://digbza2f4g9qo.cloudfront.net/~/media/Files/2017/IndyCar/06-IND/indycar-pitassignments-Race-V1.pdf?vs=1&d=20170522T084209

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

WindyMan posted:

This has always been the solution. Higher top speeds, less downforce, less aero wake. If you can get more top end speed through aero that's just as good as increasing the power of the engine (but let's also do that eventually).

Yep, this. And the Rick Mears suggestion of more power than grip. With the increased emphasis on safety (of facilities and cars) I think it can be handled.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah, if the cars can handle a crash like Bourdais's this year, I think they're ready, as long as they don't get complacent.

I love how they said they'll be testing at Sebring, which I call the shaker table for the obvious reasons.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Weather isn't looking great for Sunday. :(

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Human Grand Prix posted:

F1 cars did not have airboxes for almost a decade.

Exactly. And those cars look ancient.

It's not a bad thing, it's just a very American thing to idolise a roll hoop.

That said.

This makes it look a butt load better, I agree, the numbers need to go right there.

EDIT : Here's why I was thinking that though, this is the last gen Formula Ford UK

Dudley fucked around with this message at 09:32 on May 26, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I see it with the roll hoop/back cover shape, pretty similar. But still think it's going to look proper long, low and mean.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Walking in to the track :woop:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tell should ban Jenna Fryer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01