Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Saw an interesting stat on facebook

"Darren Lockyer won 5 out of his first 15 Origin matches.

Mitchell Pearce has won 4 out of his first 15 Origin matches"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

Saw an interesting stat on facebook

"Darren Lockyer won 5 out of his first 15 Origin matches.

Mitchell Pearce has won 4 out of his first 15 Origin matches"

OK but what was the interesting stat?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

OK but what was the interesting stat?
Pearce leads in the dog loving statistics by far

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I'm surprised that Pearce has only played 15 Origin games. I would have guessed 20+.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Hi I am back to complain about origin reffing for another year, have the blues selected a poo poo team again?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Byolante posted:

Hi I am back to complain about origin reffing for another year, have the blues selected a poo poo team again?

its pretty good

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Does NSW just choose which position a player will play in based on how the chicken entrails hit the wall?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Puckish Rogue posted:

Does NSW just choose which position a player will play in based on how the chicken entrails hit the wall?

Not chicken, rat.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

where did u find that pic of me

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
australia thread in gbs I think

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Thurston dropped out of origin. Milford better have a loving blinder.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Apparently lolohea is signed sealed delivered

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

weird that the broncos aren't using their conspiracy illuminati powers to insist they don't have to play a round without 6 marquee players

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

They have to play at least one game in this situation, might as well burn the loss on a trip to nz. Makes sense.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Is Ben Hunt good or bad?

Either way that was a fantastic play

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

He has one or two fantastic plays in him before he goes back to being poo poo.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Hard to read much into that game seeing as we were up against a lot of reserve graders, but it's good that we actually closed out a win.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

Hard to read much into that game seeing as we were up against a lot of reserve graders, but it's good that we actually closed out a win.

2017 premiership win back on :frog: :toot::siren:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Thanks Warriors for not loving that up and giving those bastards a win even when short-handed.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol raiders cannot buy a penalty

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I hitherto despised Cam Smith but if he's a union man then good on him ay

ili
Jul 26, 2003

This origin build up is a bit boring. No sledging or any of the usual bullshit. I'd blame Mal but we all know he's a Qld legend, so I reckon it's all the fault of confessed drug cheat Paul Gallen and by extension the entire state of NSW.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hayne's too busy getting his hair just right for his close up and Dugan is too busy getting another poo poo tattoo for them to be focussed on trash talk.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ili posted:

This origin build up is a bit boring. No sledging or any of the usual bullshit. I'd blame Mal but we all know he's a Qld legend, so I reckon it's all the fault of confessed drug cheat Paul Gallen and by extension the entire state of NSW.
Mal doesn't even coach Queensland anymore

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Some in the media are pretending the Blues have a chance but the people know better.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's more equal than most years but NSW are still trash

I'm still going for them, blue till I die

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

ili posted:

It's refreshing to me, the usual tiresome charade is just so cheesy and embarrassing.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

Mal doesn't even coach Queensland anymore

Yeah I know. A few articles had mentioned Mal has really brought the two sides together in the Kangaroos camps. The players get along instead of being split along state lines.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I hope Queensland can pull it off without iconic talisman Billy Slater.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I hope nsw actually do something useful for once and gently caress off those idiot Queenslanders

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

well maybe if you stuck to the same lineup for more than 23 minutes you could do that, like the smart Queenslanders who have kept their core together over the seasons with a combination of HGH, salary cap breaches (proven and unproven) and of course anti-aging cream.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Another in a long line of poo poo prematch acts

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I've spent the whole pre game making dinner

Super football nachos

In the oven and will be set for kick-off

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

I've spent the whole pre game making dinner

Super football nachos

In the oven and will be set for kick-off

It is approaching 10pm in NZ with kickoff a distant fantasy

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

It is approaching 10pm in NZ with kickoff a distant fantasy

Move to a better Australian state?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Drinking game on the word "dream"?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
is it me or is kickoff later every year?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Birdstrike posted:

is it me or is kickoff later every year?
no you are just getting older

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Midday in France, I have a cup of tea and am unreasonably excited. Queensland!

• Locked thread