Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Master Mummy is the best gently caress every other character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Arms is live btw

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Turtlicious posted:

If anyone here has a switch they don't want, hmu.

I got mine from Target, they have their $500 bundles every so often online.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Master Mummy is the best gently caress every other character

Arms is canonically a sequel to Darkstalkers.

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 28, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Cojawfee posted:

Yes you can. Have you tried holding the home button?

:sbahj:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Empress Brosephine posted:

It is unequivocally the worst d pad since the 360 if not worse.

I can think of no higher praise for a Nintendo product than you complaining about it.

Ciaphas posted:

I wish you could wake the docked Switch from sleep using the controller

I do this all the time with my pro controller and did it with the joycons before I got the pro controller.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just did some experiments. How are you all turning off the switch? Are you holding down the power button until the menu pops up and then shutting it down? If I do that, then yes, I have to hit the power button to turn it back on. If i just hit the button on the switch, both my pro controller and my joycons can turn it back on. If you are holding the button down on the tablet and going to that menu, why are you doing that?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

If you are holding the button down on the tablet and going to that menu, why are you doing that?

Most people end up doing this to fix sync issues, other oddities, etc.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
There's a difference between putting it in sleep mode vs shutting it down, isn't there?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Cojawfee posted:

I just did some experiments. How are you all turning off the switch? Are you holding down the power button until the menu pops up and then shutting it down? If I do that, then yes, I have to hit the power button to turn it back on. If i just hit the button on the switch, both my pro controller and my joycons can turn it back on. If you are holding the button down on the tablet and going to that menu, why are you doing that?

You can also hold the home button to put the Switch to sleep as well if you didn't know.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If my console is plugged in I'm either holding the home button and selecting sleep or turning off the television and letting the magic of HDMI-CEC do it's thing. If I'm on the go tapping the power button seems to prevent accidental button presses from turning the console on. I might need to do some actual testing.

E: holding home long enough always wakes it up, it seems.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 28, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Infinitum posted:

Most people end up doing this to fix sync issues, other oddities, etc.

Yes, but that is a rare thing and you'll probably turn the switch back on and then later turn it off normally by either tapping the button or holding the home button on the controller to put it to sleep.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stux posted:

guess its not so easy 2 dev for if its going to take that long to port

How long exactly

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You don't even need to hold the home button. Every time I have turned my switch on from sleep all I've had to finish is simply to the home button, for joycons and pro.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

ARMS has impressive graphics and art direction, but the movement controls weren't doing it for me. Is there an easy way to switch focus in battles against more than one person?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

the truth posted:

ARMS has impressive graphics and art direction, but the movement controls weren't doing it for me. Is there an easy way to switch focus in battles against more than one person?
dpad or right stick

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

HyperPuma posted:

the devs did an ama on reddit where they explained its taking so long cause the switch isnt powerful enough to run it acceptably

Apparently neither is the PS4 or Pro.

Sounds like excuses.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
oh is it having performance problems on ps4 even? i hadnt heard that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

oh is it having performance problems on ps4 even? i hadnt heard that

https://youtu.be/cQsYhdVJMYk

Not surprising to see issues for a small dev releasing a game on every platform

Switch version likely requires a lot of duct tape and hot glue to bodge together

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Love everything about ARMS, except also have some issues with the movement. Dodging is a pain in the rear end even when I feel like I'm doing exactly what the game wants me to. That mummy bastard is super hard to dodge.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unmature posted:

Love everything about ARMS, except also have some issues with the movement. Dodging is a pain in the rear end even when I feel like I'm doing exactly what the game wants me to. That mummy bastard is super hard to dodge.

Stop using motion controls

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Real hurthling! posted:

"stop using one the bullet point features of the game"

goty

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

"stop using one the bullet point features of the game"

goty

Waggle is for babby

- ycs c.2007

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Isn't it great that there are multiple options for controls in ARMS and unwashed troglodytes don't need to touch motion controls if they don't want to?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ARMS at least got me to stop being lazy/stubborn about sending in my left Joy-con just before the 90-day warranty expiration date, so thank you, ARMS.

Probably would've sucked if it was still all hosed up when Splatoon 2 comes out, although I didn't notice it a whole lot during the testfire. In ARMS, though, with my entire hand wrapped around the Joy-con, it was really bad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

Isn't it great that there are multiple options for controls in ARMS and unwashed troglodytes don't need to touch motion controls if they don't want to?

Enjoy playing just dance boxing while im white knuckle scoring over here

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

I did a half hour with both.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Since it sounds like Street Fighter is a pass, which of the Neo Geo fighters would you recommend instead?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

loudog999 posted:

Since it sounds like Street Fighter is a pass, which of the Neo Geo fighters would you recommend instead?

Waku waku 7 and kof 98 are great but better versions with netplay are available on pc if you dont hafta have them on sweetch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

loudog999 posted:

Street Fighter is still better than those and apparently has good netplay. I'd just wait until it is $20.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

Waku waku 7 and kof 98 are great but better versions with netplay are available on pc if you dont hafta have them on sweetch

Don't the Switch NEOGEO games all have online play? I swear it says as much in their eShop listings :confused:.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't the Switch NEOGEO games all have online play? I swear it says as much in their eShop listings :confused:.

Not untill Nintendo actually has an online service to shove non-first party endeavors into.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Street Fighter is still better than those and apparently has good netplay. I'd just wait until it is $20.

Ok, this sounds like a plan. Thanks

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uz3p03cOP0

Its a good theme

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No they are arcade roms and arcade machines had no online play

Some ps4 neogeo games have been retooled to work online like garou and last blade2 but any aca title like on switch has not. They also lack features of the console releases like playing as boss characters because again they are arcade roms.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Real hurthling! posted:

Waggle is for babby

- ycs c.2007

YCS hasn't been proven wrong yet.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

loudog999 posted:

Garou: Mark of the Wolves, which features a fighter named Khushnood Butt.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Nephzinho posted:

Trying to update the firmware on my 8bitdo SNES controller, it doesn't seem to want to give me the yellow light. Does it need to be fully charged or something?

My controller was out of juice so I had to charge it for a while to make it do anything. Still I struggled with mode change until I realized you have to do it from a powered off state.

Try turning the controller off by holding the power button for three seconds. If the controller was on the lights should flash blue for an instance: it should now be shut down. Open the update program, connect controller using a data cable (charger that comes with should work). Next, power it up by holding both power and pair button down until the yellow lights flash. The updater should now allow you to do your thing.

Edit: GAROU is a must buy if you like fighting games. Waku Waku 7 is also delightful if weird fighter.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

JethroMcB posted:

Garou: Mark of the Wolves, which features a fighter named Khushnood Butt.

and Dong

There's also Pocket Rumble, but the devs dropped off the face of the earth after missing their release deadline. RIP.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I played about two and a half hours of arms and while I had fun I think I'm done with the testpunch. V-Ball was really fun to mess around with sometimes but the game will not stop putting me in v-ball matches.

It'll make me wait for the lobby to finish all the fights, pair everyone up into battles, and then it's just me and some shmuck playing v-ball. Again and again.

I actually dread when hoops gets added into the mix because it feels like that'll get old even faster. When the full game comes out here's to hoping and can join a "fight only" lobby. Give me the dumb 2v2, lemme get into 3-4 man FFA's, just please remove the sports stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

How long exactly

the switch version was announced at the same time as the xbox and pc ports but its coming out q3 instead of may like those versions so the porting process for switch takes significantly longer than any other platform despite it being so easy to dev for

• Locked thread