Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Does anyone know how many unlockables there are in MK8D? How many coins to get everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mister Facetious posted:

Does anyone know how many unlockables there are in MK8D? How many coins to get everything?

You'll get almost everything at 3000 coins while the gold glider is at 5000, getting first in all the mirror cups gives you the golden kart, beating all the 150cc time trial ghosts gives you and getting first on all 200cc cups gives you gold Mario.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

SeANMcBAY posted:

You'll get almost everything at 3000 coins while the gold glider is at 5000, getting first in all the mirror cups gives you the golden kart, beating all the 150cc time trial ghosts gives you and getting first on all 200cc cups gives you gold Mario.

*getting gold with at least 1 star in Mirror

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Katana Gomai posted:

*getting gold with at least 1 star in Mirror

Same for 200cc. gently caress 3-starring all the cups with that game's funky rear end RNG. Oh nice, I'm about to come in 1st on the last race of this cup, it only took me 5 tries! Blue shell red shell fireballs Petey Piranha bite knocks you off stage 7th place

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

You don't need a star in 200cc, just the gold trophy.

And thank gently caress for that, Crossing Cup was a nightmare.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Speaking of Mario Kart, are there any wheel and pedal controllers for the Switch? I'm not talking about the freehand plastic wheels, either.

I have an idea for making an arcade cabinet for Mario Kart, using the Switch's native portability and spare docks, and I have everything I need for the set up save a preferred control scheme of a wheel and gas/brake pedals.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Source your quotes

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wheany posted:

Source your quotes

-Jonas Albrecht, the Switch thread, 2017/06/05.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I got three stars on all the 200cc cups last night, get good scrubs

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I have never finished above 9th in online MK8D :cool:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Martytoof posted:

I have never finished above 9th in online MK8D :cool:

Your average item pull must be amazing.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Impulsively bought Thumper. Holy cow the HD Rumble really really shines. I'm not really a rhythm game guy but this is actually pretty rad.

I have been playing handheld but I'm eager to try docked with the Pro.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Stardew Valley removed from the Upcoming Games section

http://www.nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/#nintendo-switch

Incoming release next week?
:ghost:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

There's a live stream right now of Monster Hunter XX on the Switch being played right now if anyone wants to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TsorfcVIxY

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
Is it me or is MK8's rubberbanding worse than MK Wii? Its not just blue shells anymore it's now a lightning bolt-red shell-blue shell train on the last lap. It doesnt knock me out of first but it doest cost me coins and is annoying. They avoided it in MK 7 but somehow went right back to it for 8.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Devoyniche posted:

Is it me or is MK8's rubberbanding worse than MK Wii? Its not just blue shells anymore it's now a lightning bolt-red shell-blue shell train on the last lap. It doesnt knock me out of first but it doest cost me coins and is annoying. They avoided it in MK 7 but somehow went right back to it for 8.

Feels about the same for me.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

-Jonas Albrecht, the Switch thread, 2017/06/05.

Source your quotes.

But don't sign your posts?

*posting robot's head explodes*

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

DLC Inc posted:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/#nintendo-switch

Incoming release next week?
:ghost:

Welp, one of the only two good games coming to Switch is gone, pretty sure early momentum is drying up

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The stars are aligning.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/871728898656137216

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20170606/index.html

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

:ughh:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Your average item pull must be amazing.

It would be if I wasn't directly behind someone who just grabbed the item box.

To reiterate: I'm bad

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Beastie posted:

Impulsively bought Thumper. Holy cow the HD Rumble really really shines. I'm not really a rhythm game guy but this is actually pretty rad.

I have been playing handheld but I'm eager to try docked with the Pro.

This game was built for VR. If you have any means to play it on VR, you definitely should.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

I haven't played a Pokémon game since gen 3, but if there is one on the switch I'll probably end up picking it up

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DLC Inc posted:

Now announcing: Staryu Valley for the Nintendo Switch!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

aware of dog posted:

I haven't played a Pokémon game since gen 3, but if there is one on the switch I'll probably end up picking it up

Sun and Moon were loving amazing and a great jumping on point for people who were out of the loop.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The direct is gonna be 8 minutes long tomorrow

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Why do I get the feeling that it's going to be something like "New Pokemon x UNIQLO shirts are now available, at UNIQLO! A minor update for Pokemon GO is coming soon! And let's not forget anewPokemongameforSwitchiscomingtuneintotheE3Directnextweekformore"

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'd bite on a Poke Switch. Haven't played since Gold/Silver and the new games look pretty rad. Not going to pick my 3ds up though.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr. VooDoo posted:

That's on par with the previous Pokémon Direct, when they announced Sun/Moon, right? Or who knows what they're going to show off.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

Why do I get the feeling that it's going to be something like "New Pokemon x UNIQLO shirts are now available, at UNIQLO! A minor update for Pokemon GO is coming soon! And let's not forget anewPokemongameforSwitchiscomingtuneintotheE3Directnextweekformore"

Well its a global direct airing all at the same time for eight minutes. Typically a direct like that has a big announcement in it so fingers crossed!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Well its a global direct airing all at the same time for eight minutes. Typically a direct like that has a big announcement in it so fingers crossed!

The big announcement is that all of the cool designs won't be only available in ladies.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I was really looking forward to Stardew Valley. Switch would have been a good format for it :sigh:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I was really looking forward to Stardew Valley. Switch would have been a good format for it :sigh:

I guess Nintendo wants to consolidate into a smaller group of poorly made and designed games? Not sure why, but this is a very worrying development and potential trend.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Welp, one of the only two good games coming to Switch is gone, pretty sure early momentum is drying up

drat lol at this back to back post combo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
a Pokemon direct...I wonder.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I want a pilotwings direct, nintendo.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Magikarp Jump IS COMING TO SWITCH

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

well why not posted:

drat lol at this back to back post combo

willing to :toxx: that the direct is related to switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Why are people acting like Stardew Valley is cancelled? A collectors edition was recently listed for sale in Sweden and isn't Nintendo paying for a timed exclusive to online multiplayer?

• Locked thread