Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Eric the Mauve posted:

:psyduck:

It's just beyond belief to me that Sullivan would rather lose the Stanley Cup Finals than offend a Proven Veteran who has Earned It.
Especially if they win he gets his name on the Cup regardless if he plays the next 3 games, its a win win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Siroc posted:

So I grew up in Nashville and lived there BG,KY, and Knoxville until I completed grad school. I recently moved to Detroit about 7 months ago, but I've spent a bit of time in St. Louis visiting friends over the years. Detroit is on the rise and I can say that Detroit > St. Louis. The suburbs, particularly north and slightly northwest of the city are great.

I'm ok with Detroit being an up and coming city as long the Wings are bad. Good trade off to me.

I'm moving to St. Louis July 1st (I think?). So here's hoping it does ok. I know to stay west of the river.

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Hey, MAF on the blue line. Maybe he will finally get that goal he craves so much.

The last time a goalie was started as a defenseman, he scored the game winning goal (Mighty Ducks 3), so I am actually no ok with Fleury playing defense. Even if it means having Paul Kariya as a guest announcer.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
All you need to know about how bad the Pens D is to watch them try to get the puck out of their own end. They are so bad at it, they have been having a forward come back and bring it out.

Hainsey can't exit the zone with multiple tries, every time.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/872275884836782080

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Krime posted:

All you need to know about how bad the Pens D is to watch them try to get the puck out of their own end. They are so bad at it, they have been having a forward come back and bring it out.

Are they still healthy scratching Mark Streit? Because if they are and this is happening, that's phenomenally dumb. Especially if the pick they gave up does something and they lose this series because they can't move the loving puck.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Krime posted:

Nick Kypreos was on TV today saying that the Pens D stepping up in Letang's absence is whats going to be the turning point for Pittsburgh.

Just in case anyone doubted that Nick Kypreos is the biggest loving hockey idiot on TV.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Are they still healthy scratching Mark Streit? Because if they are and this is happening, that's phenomenally dumb. Especially if the pick they gave up does something and they lose this series because they can't move the loving puck.

Streit and Ruhwedel can both move the puck better than Hainsey and yes, he's been getting scratched and will continue to get scratched.

Every single Pens defensemen (maybe minus Daley) looks like they are skating in wet cement.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think the concern is Streit will get abused in our own end by Nashville's speedy/physical forwards. And there is some merit to that. But Hainsey and Maatta really stink.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Streit was worse than Hainsey in those 2 games against Ottawa.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Maatta is pretty good with his stick, but he can't skate, pass, or shoot for poo poo either.

What I'm saying is that for the Pens to even remotely have a chance it's going to take several forwards to go into super overdrive to get the job done.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I need this.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Krime posted:

Maatta is pretty good with his stick, but he can't skate, pass, or shoot for poo poo either.

What I'm saying is that for the Pens to even remotely have a chance it's going to take several forwards to go into super overdrive to get the job done.

Holy poo poo Maatta has been getting lit up with hits by forecheckers too.

That reminded me that there was some dude doing a speed portrait of this handsome guy at the game last night

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

xzzy posted:

Yeah, fair and balanced views have no place in this community but I try. :qq:

:frogout:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

iospace posted:

Serious question here: why were you at any point worried about losing to the Caps?

Winning a game 7 at home? Hell yeah I was, that's been a thing for the Pens

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Winning a game 7 at home? Hell yeah I was, that's been a thing for the Pens

The Caps game 7 was on the road.

Was definitely worried about the game vs Ottawa though. Pens have been historically bad on home ice in game 7s although as with other trends that have troubled them in the past Sully has poo poo all over that history with two game 7 home wins :toot:.

The Pens are really good in road game 7s though. I want to say they have only one loss in those situations or something nuts like that.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Pens games are usually fun to watch because it's tense and competitive and you don't know if they're gonna win

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pens should play a diamond and one the rest of the series

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Krime posted:

Renne needs to poo poo himself one more time over the next 2 games and Murray needs to get hot again. That's the formula. Otherwise the Preds are gonna win the Cup.

I know GR is the super optimist and I agree Game 4 was actually the best game the Pens have played in this series--and that's exactly the problem. The Preds have outshot and outchanced the Pens in every game, for the series the Preds are up about 120 to 90 on shots, they're just better. Good news is home ice is super important in this series and the Pens have it. But if the Preds win Game 5 then they're going to win the Cup at home.

The Pens looked totally gassed by the third period of G4. The Preds dropped the Blues and Ducks in 6 while the Pens had epic 7 game slugfests with the Caps and Senators and that's a pretty big deal. As a hockey fan I regard the 3 days between games as bad and dumb, but as a Penguins fan I love 'em right now.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Has anyone posted this yet?

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/6/6/15745670/predators-fan-bar-tab-coors-light-stanley-cup-nhl

https://twitter.com/SliceOfTony/status/871933151819567104

Holy fuckin' poo poo.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Seems cheap to me. That's 5 beers and a few hotdogs at MSG.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

sportsgenius86 posted:

Pens should play a diamond and one the rest of the series

We're in the dime formation. As in, we're gonna get a dimes worth of shots on goal.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
My fave part of the commentary is being shocked at a $7 blue moon but not questioning $6 millers/buds.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

blue shirt in question

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i am the bird posted:

My fave part of the commentary is being shocked at a $7 blue moon but not questioning $6 millers/buds.

what team was it where they all went to vegas and deadspin or puck daddy was trying to track down who ordered a blue moon or zima or something

Thufir
May 19, 2004

hifi posted:

what team was it where they all went to vegas and deadspin or puck daddy was trying to track down who ordered a blue moon or zima or something

Bruins I think?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

found it http://deadspin.com/5816784/weve-found-the-lass-responsible-for-the-lone-amstel-light-on-the-bruins-156000-bar-tab

it was amstel light

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Edit: it's not a bad tip I wasn't looking at pretax.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Parallelwoody posted:

That's kind of a lovely tip.

18.2% is mediocre but not lovely

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

All the downtown bars kind of suck in Nashville as well. Really the only bar I would go to downtown would be Broadway Brewhouse.

It's crazy how much all those bars charge.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but if you're one of those people who don't tip on alcohol if it's a restaurant that'd a fantastic tip.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
it says a party of 8 so the tip was probably automatically calculated

anyway, I'm more impressed that no one passed out and they made it through the game. Even spread out over a few hours that's a shitload of alcohol.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Who are these people that don't tip on alcohol in a restaurant? That's really lovely.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

All the downtown bars kind of suck in Nashville as well. Really the only bar I would go to downtown would be Broadway Brewhouse.

It's crazy how much all those bars charge.

Yeah this is pretty true

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Parallelwoody posted:

Who are these people that don't tip on alcohol in a restaurant? That's really lovely.

I don't know where it comes from but it's a thing.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

it says a party of 8 so the tip was probably automatically calculated

anyway, I'm more impressed that no one passed out and they made it through the game. Even spread out over a few hours that's a shitload of alcohol.
Looks like the tab was opened at 11am and closed at 10pm. So it wasn't a sprint, it was a marathon. :staredog:

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

Parallelwoody posted:

I've never heard of this. gently caress whatever cheap bastards think this paradigm is okay, especially if they're ordering mixed drinks.

Edit: also why so much drinking of lovely "lite" beer

Neitherman fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 7, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Googling that restaurant shows they add an automatic 18% tip to parties of 5 or more. That's not that uncommon.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Neitherman posted:

Edit: also why so much drinking of lovely "lite" beer
You can order them by the "bucket", it's a little cheaper than individual beers and more convenient for both the customer and server. Fairly common. v:shobon:v

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
I mean, forget about drunkenness, if I was drinking beer for 12 hours straight, I'd get too full if I was drinking real beer.

Wyshynski found them and wrote the details which indeed confirms some of that reasoning and the ordering of buckets:

https://sports.yahoo.com/behind-predators-fans-insane-93-coors-light-1127-playoff-bar-tab-230406282.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

When you're drinking for nearly 12 hours straight, then I'd say you earned a pass on ordering Coors light. For 5 guys that's honestly a pretty good tab, especially considering how long they were there.

• Locked thread