Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It should be a legit kart race but the other guys are stuntmen and you get to gently caress them up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kashuno posted:

It's going to be a rollercoaster that is just loops with blue shell graphics

A roller coaster where when you think you're about to cross the "finish" there is a flash of blue light, the train jerks to a whiplash-inducing stop and you sit there for 5 seconds before slowly crawling back to the station.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Shantae is already great. The loving out-of-left-field happy hardcore vocal track in the first level is amazing.

Also, Blasphemous ("2D pixel art Dark Souls-like") is now confirmed for a Switch release, simultaneously with other platforms.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

^burtle posted:

Any tips on the preferred Switch carrying case?

on Amazon
Butterfox, rds, hori, orzly are all fine and hold the thing plus some games and a pocket for poo poo like a cord or ear pods

Waterfield if you want to spend a ton for a very nice leather case

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Barry Convex posted:

Not confirmed for Switch specifically, but probably coming

https://twitter.com/wayforward/status/872849052785717248

Can't be worse than the movie appears to be and I am equally totally not excited about both!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

^burtle posted:

I like Nintendo's own case the best but it seems even harder to find now than a Switch itself. The Hori one is good too.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Hell yeah I love 2d games

Especially side scrollers with quality pixel art (though the hi def style is fine too, hollow knight was so good)

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

^burtle posted:

I have the Ortz case recommended by someone else ITT.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
"demastered"?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Actually I feel that 3d graphics are finally getting to the level of polish and artisitic merit that was long seen in 2d games so that's cool too.

But for a while I vastly preferred 2d games in regards to sheer style and art. It was a rough transition amirite

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

"demastered"?

lovely 8bit

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
That is not 8 bit

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm making the new OP, is there anything in particular people would like covered there or in a short FAQ section?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm making the new OP, is there anything in particular people would like covered there or in a short FAQ section?

I think that amiibo butt rating thing is pretty important

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Recommended cases (I really like the $12 grey one)

The video on how to remove Joycon straps

The first like of the post should be something like "Buy Garou: Mark of the Wolves"

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That kick rear end stand thats under 20
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071D3V38H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
instructions on how to contact nintendo if you have a defect rather than ruin these boards for days
and a stronger recommendations to have friends and share time with them playing Snipperclips

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

KingSlime posted:

That is not 8 bit

That's why it's lovely

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

How to physically restart the Switch

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Every Switch should own Neo Turf Masters

Only case you need is that generic stiff outside under 15 dollar one from amazon

Where is super MARIO WORLD?

Arms is not really good, but actually bad

Buy any good battery and a well rated usb c wire and you'll be fine for on the go Switching

NINTENDO super MARIO WORLD when?

do not pirate amiibo

do not pirate software

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Infinitum posted:

also that shortcut of holding down the home button for a mini setting for brightness, sleepmode, and airplane mode

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

JethroMcB posted:

A roller coaster where when you think you're about to cross the "finish" there is a flash of blue light, the train jerks to a whiplash-inducing stop and you sit there for 5 seconds before slowly crawling back to the station.

The ultimate Mario Kart ride would have an attendant dressed in a large Blue Shell randomly pull people out of the front of the line and send them to the back just as they're about to board.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Infinitum posted:

THIS

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

We could have a under 10 bucks section of solid recommendations
and one for 10-20 buck wonders

Indies are going to flood the switch this year and this will be a growing list

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Q: Should I get horny about video game characters?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Barry Convex posted:

Not confirmed for Switch specifically, but probably coming

https://twitter.com/wayforward/status/872849052785717248

Turns out I missed the press release. It's confirmed for Switch after all and coming in August.

quote:

The Mummy Demastered from WayForward, known for pixel games that bring the look and fun of classic arcades to modern consoles, is a platforming adventure game based on The Mummy. Launching in late August 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam, players will enter a world of evil as an elite Prodigium agent who is tasked to take down Princess Ahmanet's army of the undead and save the world at any cost. Players will explore dark forests, maze-like military compounds and the sandstorm-filled streets of London in this retro-inspired adventure.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wheany posted:

Q: Should I get horny about video game characters?

That one is already in there. The answer is "If you want, but we don't want to hear about it. Try adtrw or pyf".

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barry Convex posted:

Turns out I missed the press release. It's confirmed for Switch after all and coming in August.

Disappointing. It's a Tom Cruise movie so the game should be a runner. He's the best runner in Hollywood.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I would be more excited if the demaster was based on the brendan fraser film.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That one is already in there. The answer is "If you want, but we don't want to hear about it. Try adtrw or pyf".

ADTRW doesn't want to hear about Wario's rear end, either

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Q. Does the Switch play Blu-Ray discs?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Rexroom posted:

nah, VHS and Laserdisc only

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Universal Brand Development

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Rexroom posted:

No, it only plays gameboy advance video cartridges

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

TheScott2K posted:

Universal Brand Development

well, give 'em points for honesty

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If I were to replace a physical copy of a game with a digital version, the saves will still work, right?

I'd imagine so but want to make sure before I get rid of my physical Zelda copy.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kashuno posted:

:siren: The Mario Kart Experience!!! :siren: is going to be a ride

A roller coaster that randomly stops violently to simulate the blue shell experience. This kills the passengers

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

ADTRW doesn't want to hear about Wario's rear end, either

I do

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Mega64 posted:

If I were to replace a physical copy of a game with a digital version, the saves will still work, right?

I'd imagine so but want to make sure before I get rid of my physical Zelda copy.

Yes, all saves are stored on the internal storage. I can't confirm 100% as Zelda is concerned, but I did this with Binding of Isaac and it worked fine.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sure is a lot of talk about Wario rear end without any pics of said rear end.

I'm disappointed, Switch thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I got to use the switch at an airport today and live out the Nintendo commercial experience

• Locked thread