Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

El Burbo posted:

I got to use the switch at an airport today and live out the Nintendo commercial experience

Liar I tried to be like the commercial and play the Switch in tabletop mode in the economy section of a US commercial flight and there is no loving room for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
my nintendo switch is operating normally

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Eh, Wayforward's licensed stuff is hit or miss.

At least as far as stuff like movie properties are concerned.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Lakbay posted:

Liar I tried to be like the commercial and play the Switch in tabletop mode in the economy section of a US commercial flight and there is no loving room for it

I did it on a southwest flight just fine

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Wayforward's business model has pretty much always to take on licensed projects to fund their passion for cartoon boobs.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Lakbay posted:

I did it on my flight to and from China but my company flew me business class :cool:

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm making the new OP, is there anything in particular people would like covered there or in a short FAQ section?

I think it would be nice to include the advantages and disadvantages of the Switch as we know it so far. We all know the advantages (Which will be easy for you to write) but things some people may not know if looking to make a purchase would be online is tethered to a secondary device once that goes live for voice and lobby. Friends still require a code. (And if people make enough noise maybe they can change that as they did with the online free game service). Not having the ability to back up your saves to anything and restore them if needed. Possibly classify warranty periods. Joycon warranty when bundled with the Switch is One Year. 90 days if you bought the Joycon separately by itself. The 800 number for Nintendo's support line for folks that have Joycon issues. (Nintendo is good about fixing these). For those interested in purchasing but do not want to pay scalpers, how to set up alerts on Nowinstock.com to let them know when they are available for online purchase (Usually bundles with Gamestop however) as those seem more frequent than most. I would say while the online service will be sub par due to it requiring a tethered smart device for full functionality, it is significantly cheaper than standard subscriptions across the PS4 and Xbox One platforms and mention that as an advantage.

I think I would also keep a segment open for the E3 announcements for games and link those games if possible.

(VideoGames said I was allowed to post here again)

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Lakbay posted:

No I'm not in the plane yet so I haven't tried that part out yet

Will report back

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

El Burbo posted:

I got to use the switch at an airport today and live out the Nintendo commercial experience

Nice. Did you impress a cute girl

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a.lo posted:

Nice. Did you impress a cute girl

Um

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Utnayan posted:

I think it would be nice to include the advantages and disadvantages of the Switch as we know it so far. We all know the advantages (Which will be easy for you to write) but things some people may not know if looking to make a purchase would be online is tethered to a secondary device once that goes live for voice and lobby. Friends still require a code. (And if people make enough noise maybe they can change that as they did with the online free game service). Not having the ability to back up your saves to anything and restore them if needed. Possibly classify warranty periods. Joycon warranty when bundled with the Switch is One Year. 90 days if you bought the Joycon separately by itself. The 800 number for Nintendo's support line for folks that have Joycon issues. (Nintendo is good about fixing these). For those interested in purchasing but do not want to pay scalpers, how to set up alerts on Nowinstock.com to let them know when they are available for online purchase (Usually bundles with Gamestop however) as those seem more frequent than most. I would say while the online service will be sub par due to it requiring a tethered smart device for full functionality, it is significantly cheaper than standard subscriptions across the PS4 and Xbox One platforms and mention that as an advantage.

I think I would also keep a segment open for the E3 announcements for games and link those games if possible.

(VideoGames said I was allowed to post here again)

I will be as clear as possible on how exactly the Switch and different systems within it work, to our knowledge so far. I'm not going to label anything an advantage or disadvantage, people can decide that on their own.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the switch owns!!!!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

eonwe posted:

the switch owns!!!!

...agreed!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm making the new OP, is there anything in particular people would like covered there or in a short FAQ section?

Point out that there will never be another good Metroid and we should stop hoping

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Any new 2d Metroid is going to received poorly anyway. They'll always be unfavorably compared to Super Metroid regardless of the actual quality of the game.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

Any new 2d Metroid is going to received poorly anyway. They'll always be unfavorably compared to Super Metroid regardless of the actual quality of the game.

Metroid fusion and zero mission are really good though, and fairly well regarded

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

AM2R

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
The OP should include little breakouts about Virtual Console and that stupid subscription thing they're doing, along with where they stand release-wise.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tap my mountain posted:

There's been plenty of good games in the genre and Nintendo could easily usurp Super Metroid.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Super Metroid has aged poorly and Metroid Fusion is a better game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think AM2R wouldn't have been as favorably received if it weren't unofficial and seen as "fighting against the man". It's competently executed and that's about it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

VideoGames posted:

OK. I have discussed the future of the Switch thread and we will be restarting it on Monday with a new OP full of E3 goodness.

This thread will be reopened for it's final few days. Please don't get creepy over fictional characters.

Please ban SMW chat from the new thread. TIA.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Amppelix posted:

I'm literally shaking.

Anyway, I gave up on a new Metroid a long time ago, but remain confident that every time I feel like I need to play a metroidvania, indie games have my back.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

I Am Frick posted:

The OP should include little breakouts about Virtual Console and that stupid subscription thing they're doing, along with where they stand release-wise.

I think you're the first person to say the subscription idea is stupid

Amppelix posted:

:yeah::yeah::yeah: make sure to put in the OP the Miiverse died

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Please ban SMW chat from the new thread. TIA.

Agreed, please ban all talk of Swiss Medical Weekly

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I can't ban anything but I'll ask people to not ask questions they either drat well know the answer to, or know there is no answer to.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kashuno posted:

:yeah::yeah::yeah: make sure to put in the OP the Miiverse died

Also find and link to a Change.org petition to bring it back

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Selling point of the Nintendo Switch: it does NOT have a Bubsy game on it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm legit upset that the Miiverse is dead. Stupid drawings showing up ingame was one of my favorite things about Splatoon.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

enojy posted:

Also, Blasphemous ("2D pixel art Dark Souls-like")

I'm looking forward to the game, but I sincerely hope "Dark Souls-Like" never catches on as a term.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think AM2R wouldn't have been as favorably received if it weren't unofficial and seen as "fighting against the man". It's competently executed and that's about it.

Well, if Am2r were an officially made game, it'd probably have been more tightly tested and designed in the first place, so this argument is already weird.

That aside, Am2r is still by itself mostly fine. It does have some bad decisions, so I agree it wouldn't look as favorable, but I think the game would've still had a good reception.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/bubsythe_bobcat/status/872883783753752577
This better come to Switch.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ventana posted:

I'm looking forward to the game, but I sincerely hope "Dark Souls-Like" never catches on as a term.

Some people have taken to using "soulslike" as a term, and it is pretty useful. I don't hate it!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

No

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

No. He did leave. He left. We were all better for it.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Amppelix posted:

Some people have taken to using "soulslike" as a term, and it is pretty useful. I don't hate it!

I find it less useful than metroidvania at this point, and metroidvania has already been a term that's been watered down for years.

The only thing that I'd associate as a unique upon hearing "soulslike" would be deliberately slow action pacing, but even that hasn't been unique to Dark Souls so eh.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

All those Bubsy fans must be excited

Do you think this one will also get the coveted Gold X Award from PSExtreme?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kashuno posted:

No. He did leave. He left. We were all better for it.

The trailer is horrible. It's like someone saw the Sonic Forces memes and quickly threw the game together.:lol:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

What the gently caress

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What makes a Blasphemous a "soulslike" other than the general aesthetic? The trailer made it look like an exceptionally gory platformer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bubsy ends up doing what Yookalaylee tried to achieve better

• Locked thread