Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

No-one has ever needed a tie-in anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

orcbuster posted:

You guys realize that we need a tie-in anime with whaling schoolgirls since we're working with SMARF and the japs on this one right?

Also pop idols in whaleskin spandex gameshow.

No. Anime is garbage entertainment for garbage people.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Gervasius posted:

No. Anime is garbage entertainment for garbage people.

Disney weeps.

Edit: This also seems like a needless derail on all fronts.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

power crystals posted:

We really should be planning for having 50% of our CAP available on any given mission - I'd say that our general plan should be 2 Gripens and 2 Phantoms per op, with the third Phantom pair in reserve (the Kfirs and F-16s are probably more useful in air-to-ground but same general concept). If we use none now so we get all 6 next time, then we get zero again two missions from now, so if we're already staggering them we might as well use one set now.

Makes sense. So have the Gripens and Phantoms in the air, and a third pair of Phantoms on deck?

What about the Tornados? I think having a pair with anti-ship missiles on deck is worthwhile.

Yooper if a set of planes is on deck but not flying does that count against us?

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler

animemaru.com posted:

“We believe that Hogei-bu! will will lead to better international understanding of our whaling efforts. Whaling has long been a part of Japanese culture, and nothing communicates as well across cultures as moe,” said Karasawa Touma of the Japanese Fishers Agency.

Anime fans have varying expectations on Kyoto Animation’s newly announced project. “I hope it’s actually about killing whales instead of girls sitting around and drinking tea,” a 2ch comment reads.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Our tie-in anime already exists.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Yooper posted:

For the mission we'll have 48 hours. The Karel Doormans are under our control for this mission. On top of that we'll have our Atlantique to help out along with our drones. Below is a link to the working map with the latest intel. Zack is really punching hard with satellite time as he can get it, but so far we've got no concrete hits.
[/b]

I thought Dunkirkers had De Zeven Provicien frigates? The Karel Doormans are amphibious assault ships.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Makes sense. So have the Gripens and Phantoms in the air, and a third pair of Phantoms on deck?

What about the Tornados? I think having a pair with anti-ship missiles on deck is worthwhile.

We need to leave one of the Gripens or Phantoms standby this time just for this mission's unique problem of being (potentially) 48 hours long. Nothing can stay in the air for 48 hours straight; even the Reaper can only manage around 30ish, and everything else might actually drain our tankers before we get there. At some point we'll almost certainly have to switch off to refuel, and if nothing else I doubt our pilots will be thrilled with being asked to remain in the air for two days straight. There's only so much amphetamines can do :v: Though I guess it doesn't really matter which one of the two goes up first in this configuration (in reality, you want homogeneous flights so they can cover each other properly; it doesn't matter quite as much here, but one-of-each would still be kinda weird). Also, thankfully, the Phantoms are able to quick turnaround their pure air-to-air loadouts if they have to go home for gas.

Tornadoes on reserve with AShMs seems a reasonable precaution. Why not make it three to stick with the standard 1/3rd rule (one airborne, one available, one down for maintenance) since we have 9 of them. I'm leaning towards sending the Reaper up just because if nothing else it can spot missile launches from a ludicrous distance, and the thing's per-hour operating cost is pretty low beyond it being a non-combat craft so it shouldn't be a victim of the every other mission maintenance downtime.

I am pretty sure aircraft on standby don't trigger a maintenance cycle. Usually the biggest strain on an airframe is wear on the engines and physical stress from high-G maneuvers. Sitting on a taxiway doesn't really do that, especially since in CMANO they effectively don't even leave their parking space until they're ready to launch. Worst case we're paying a bunch of ground crew to repeatedly attach and remove a couple missiles for no real reason.

Yooper posted:

Please ask any questions. We'll let the missions settle before any votes.

Is the below at all feasible, regardless of availability for this particular mission?

power crystals posted:

On that note, one final point I wanted to wait for until proposing this wasn't spoilers in some way. MEAT had plenty of spare time to wander around the base between arriving and now, and would like to point something out:

Provideniya has one runway (green). But if you look on the map, there's... something vaguely runwayish to the southeast (purple), and an access road connecting them (eye-scorching checkerboard):

I have no idea what this actually is in reality. Probably nobody who isn't Russian does. My best guess is it's either planned and cancelled expansion, or they tried building there first and ran out of space, or that water flow looking thing near the end of the access road eroded their road and they just gave up. Given that the main runway is (in 2017) just gravel, all that second thing probably needs is a bridge (re)built and then some good flattening to match it in quality. Can we convince them to make that operational as a 1-1.5km runway-grade taxiway equivalent for our shorter-takeoff aircraft? The Gripens for sure would be able to use it, I'm 90% sure the Reaper could, and I'm sure there's more but I can't be bothered to look up takeoff distances for all our stuff right now.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Area 88 is cooler than us, I'm sorry goons.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

orcbuster posted:

You guys realize that we need a tie-in anime with whaling schoolgirls since we're working with SMARF and the japs on this one right?

Also pop idols in whaleskin spandex gameshow.

:laffo: but seriously now I want a sailor waifu on my Tornado

power crystals posted:

There's only so much amphetamines can do :v:

Five days straight is the most I've done, and by the fourth I was starting to hallucinate, had no night vision and was about as stable on my feet as a heavily drunk person. I agree with "no more than two days" or we'll have people shooting at ships that aren't there and Stuka divebombing themselves into the frozen deep.

omegasgundam
Mar 30, 2010

Bacarruda posted:

I thought Dunkirkers had De Zeven Provicien frigates? The Karel Doormans are amphibious assault ships.

Karel Doorman, Neatherlands, 2800 tons standard. 8 were made back in the 70s. As of now IRL, Belgum, Chile, and Portugal have bought two each as they were retired.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

"Excerpts from [i posted:

Money and Bombs[/i] (Working Title) by Dreamsicle"]

… As soon as I got the news of my promotion, I studied as much as could about the F-16’s WSO controls. Designating targets, shooting JSOWs and Paveways were all things I were beginning to pick up. It wasn’t easy though especially compared to my time learning the C-130 and Sperwer. I also started socializing with Arcee. At first she seemed a little miffed that some ex Cargo/Drone pilot was assigned as her WSO, but after some time I’d like to think that she accepted me as her backseat wingman…

… When I learned of the new deployment I wasn’t too excited about it. It was going to be Autumn and combined with the AO being in the Bering Sea I was not looking forward to freezing my rear end off. I silently prayed that we would get this operation done with as soon as we could. Space Case seemed even more upset though. I think he was longing to join the recently massacred AngerPEACE. Had I known those activists were packing so much goodies, I would have thought the same thing. Maybe they would have paid more than our actual employers. In any case, as long as we got to bomb that draft-dodging motherf***er Ted Nugent. I didn’t care who employed us. Mitsuhashi paying more than the other guys was just another bonus to me. Unfortunately, that bonus had a big trade-off. Mitsu made us operate under the Toyota Method or some crap like that. That stuff is fine in a factory, but for military operations that’s a major problem. The worst part about this arrangement is that we had to lease our weapons! I wasn’t looking forward to them denying Arcee and I Paveways to shove down the Nuge’s throat…

… That first mission was hell for me. We all went into that mission in high spirits. After all we were the guys who blew up some J-20s and more or less won the Angolan Civil War. We were kicking rear end and with our new toys we felt nothing could stop us. Unfortunately, all of us got a big wake up call. Early on, the Gripens were doing pretty drat good. They were splashing all kinds of hostiles. Unfortunately the enemy just kept coming and coming though and eventually our planes started dropping. Hot Pants, DSM, but Renaissance, Scoper and Badger and Psycho Ceramic were badly mauled. I hadn’t known them too well, but my heart went out for them. The worst part was that Arcee and I couldn’t do crap to help them. We were still waiting to take off and even if we did launch, I'm not sure our two missiles would have helped that much. All I wanted to do was blow up as much of the Iceberg’s crap before we ended operations. I wasn’t going to let those assholes leave unscathed. All Arcee and I blew up were some small boats but I would take what I could get. When the operation was said and done, I was unable to function for a day. Survivor’s guilt hit me pretty hard…

Made another attempt at some writing. It's an autobiography years after the LP. Please provide feedback, I feel a bit shaky on this kind of stuff. I would put in dialogue but I'm not too sure on what other characters are like so I just omitted that otherwise I'd have exchanges with Arcee and Space Case.

I might make diary entries too for smaller updates.

EDIT: Changed Arcee's pronouns based on power crystal's feedback

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 10, 2017

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Before I start planning in earnest for Operation White Whale, I have two questions to ask.

1) From which airbases specifically are we allowed to launch?

2) If the mamba fires first, does destroying it constitute an escalation?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If it doesn't take off, it's not counted against the maintenance tally.

Bacarruda posted:

http://cmano-db.com/ship/2522/

Davin Valkri posted:

Before I start planning in earnest for Operation White Whale, I have two questions to ask.

1) From which airbases specifically are we allowed to launch?

2) If the mamba fires first, does destroying it constitute an escalation?

1 Any on the Russian coast.
2 Maybe.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Hexenritter posted:

:laffo: but seriously now I want a sailor waifu on my Tornado

Execute all animes and anime wearing pilots.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

I could go either way on execution or silly decals. :)

Anyway, when are we voting for the glorious Whaling mission? We should pretend to hold the whales hostage, and promise to release them if they surrender. That'll increase the chance they surrender. Maybe let them know it was a trap in the first place so they hate us less? Either could backfire, but I think it'll increase our odds.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 10, 2017

omegasgundam
Mar 30, 2010
Yooper, I just turn my bote post on p234 into my formal Bote weapon information slate.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Night10194 posted:

No-one has ever needed a tie-in anime.

I mean yeah, but we are working for a Japanese conglomerate, they're all about tie-ins and anime and mascots. The Japanese SDF had an anime cartoon and everything.

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

The anime idea was meant as a tie in to heavy metal. Makes more sense since its a jap sponsored op.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I'm sure heavy metal has lots of popularity, but if a more conventional plan is wanted, I've drawn up the outline for Operation White Whale:

The primary searcher on our front is, of course, QUEEQUEG the Atlantique, supported by TASHTEGO, DAGGOO (the two drones) and FEDALLAH (the Prowler on ELINT duty). ENDERBY provides close protection to QUEEQUEG, while PEQUOD does BARCAP flying over the Karel Doormans, who provide a picket starting from the south and working their way north (could also be north to south if it's not allowed to start that close to St. Lawrence--in which case the Xs mark their final locations after moving south). Additionally, the STARBUCK Karel Doorman is authorized to shell out the Mamba if and only if it fires on us. BACHELOR, ROSEBUD, and RACHEL are on standby in case ISHMAEL detects undesired OPFOR in the area.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 10, 2017

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dreamsicle posted:

Made another attempt at some writing. It's an autobiography years after the LP. Please provide feedback, I feel a bit shaky on this kind of stuff. I would put in dialogue but I'm not too sure on what other characters are like so I just omitted that otherwise I'd have exchanges with Arcee and Space Case.

I might make diary entries too for smaller updates.

This piece was good. Imo, if you want to post something just do it; you dont need to wrap it in apologies. If you're really worried its terrible and goons will laugh at you feel free to pm me for a quick opinion/suggestions for improvement.

Dimitris
Apr 11, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Because if nothing happens we still get them next op.

Why would it be a few minutes if they're on the runway ready to go?

Even hot-pad alert fighters need a few minutes to get airborne. (The "book" standard for HAF interceptors is 5 minutes. They often beat it, but that's expected).

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

Davin Valkri posted:

I'm sure heavy metal has lots of popularity, but if a more conventional plan is wanted, I've drawn up the outline for Operation White Whale:

The primary searcher on our front is, of course, QUEEQUEG the Atlantique, supported by TASHTEGO, DAGGOO (the two drones) and FEDALLAH (the Prowler on ELINT duty). ENDERBY provides close protection to QUEEQUEG, while PEQUOD does BARCAP flying over the Karel Doormans, who provide a picket starting from the south and working their way north (could also be north to south if it's not allowed to start that close to St. Lawrence--in which case the Xs mark their final locations after moving south). Additionally, the STARBUCK Karel Doorman is authorized to shell out the Mamba if and only if it fires on us. BACHELOR, ROSEBUD, and RACHEL are on standby in case ISHMAEL detects undesired OPFOR in the area.

Are you sure you want to put the Doormans that close to the island? Seems to me to be asking to get anti-ship-missiled. That close to the Mamba we can't cover them from the air either. The long range of their sonar arrays means they don't need to go nearly as close to the island as that.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

omegasgundam posted:

Yooper, I just turn my bote post on p234 into my formal Bote weapon information slate.

Got it! Thank you! All of our weapons guides are in the OP #2. Tons of great info.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Added Space posted:

Problem - the bay in question has inlet depth of 7 meters. The submarine has a total height of 6 meters. It is highly possible it can't physically enter the bay.

So we drop some explosives and deepen it, nothing that doesn't happen in countless quarries across the globe day in, day out - only, we have better tools :getin:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yooper can the sub get in the bay?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yooper can the sub get in the bay?

Um. Yes. Though it's so ridiculously shallow at points I think I made the sub crawl onto land like some prehistoric fish dinosaur monster.

On top of that it becomes really, really, easy to spot it submerged even with the naked eye.

Yooper fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 10, 2017

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

sebmojo posted:

This piece was good. Imo, if you want to post something just do it; you dont need to wrap it in apologies. If you're really worried its terrible and goons will laugh at you feel free to pm me for a quick opinion/suggestions for improvement.

Agreeing with all of this (including the offer to be PMed for advice) except I thought Arcee was female; I think at some point rchandra was explaining the pronunciation using "the female transformer" as a reference and I just assumed from there. Dunno if they want to clarify either way.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yooper posted:

Um. Yes. Though it's so ridiculously shallow at points I think I made the sub crawl onto land like some prehistoric fish dinosaur monster.

On top of that it becomes really, really, easy to spot it submerged even with the naked eye.

So what you're saying is there's a chance.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

simplefish posted:

I mean yeah, but we are working for a Japanese conglomerate, they're all about tie-ins and anime and mascots. The Japanese SDF had an anime cartoon and everything.

Yes, yes they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-NxDBP6lE

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Operation GOING DUTCH:
In order to keep our front-line forces fresh for next mision and to limit Yooper's workload, I want to limit the number of aircraft we have airborne at any one time. Although we'll have the option to surge more airborne if we need to.

This mission has two simple objectives.
1. Locate and capture the submarine. If this is not possible, destroy it.
2. Maintain air superiority and destroy any flying BSNC or BSA air assets.

ASW Conditional Orders
1. If a possible sub contact is spotted, stay in area and investigate until contact is fully IDed. If contact proves to be nothing, move on and continue planned search.
2. If contact is confirmed to be sub, all ASW units (Atlantique, MH-90s, Frigates) move to area at max speed to locate and make contact with the target. Ping it with active sonar (or a Gertrude telephone, if available) and order it to surface immediately. If the target does not comply engage and destroy the target.

Aircraft Conditional Orders
1. All aircraft: RTB when "Shotgun" (Fighters: BVR missiles gone, Strike Aircraft: Air-to-surface weapons gone).
2. If 10 enemy aircraft launched: launch Lion Flight (Kfir CAP) to engage hostiles.
3. If 15 enemy aircraft launched: launch Catbird Flight (Gripen CAP) to engage hostiles.
4. If less than five aircraft are on CAP: launch Lion Flight (Kfir CAP) to help with CAP.
5. If enemy ships are spotted: launch Trident Flight (Tornadoes). Have all all aircraft rally above the airfield. Once the entire flight is a launched, proceed as a group and attack the ships as a group.
6. If our CAP is not active and enemy fighters are airborne: all strike and support aircraft retreat to a safe distance (75 nmi from target) until the threat is cleared.
7. If submarine surfaces, communicate with it via signal blinker or radio to remain on the surface and send all its crew on deck. Send in Cobbie via

Rules for the operation.
1. Hard Deck: 25,000 foot hard deck (exception for anti-shipping Tornadoes and ASW aircraft). DO NOT FLY LOWER THAN THIS, UNLESS NECESSARY TO MAKE AN ATTACK.
2. EMCOM: OECM = ON, Radars = OFF (*except for the Frigates, Argus, Prowler, Atlantique, and MH-90s)
3. ROE: any aircraft or shipping that departed from a BSNC- and/or approaches our force is declared hostile and can be engaged. Do not fire on Iceberg or Canada Express aircraft or ships unless they fire on us.
4. No-Fly Zones: Do NOT allow aircraft to get within firing range of the Mamba under any circumstances.
70 nmi circle around the Mamba battery (waive this if it is destroyed); 15 nmi from US land.

Support Forces
Team Whirlybird
1/2 of Cobbie's men at Lavrentiya in water survival suits with life jackets and an inflatable raft. Ready to launch and be helocasted to take sub.

Team Zodiac
1/2 of Cobbie's men on the Frigate "Njmegen" with a high-speed RHIB or other launch. Ready to capture the sub if it surfaces.

Support Aircraft
Junkyard
Aircraft: MI-8 with 1/2 of Cobbie's men embarked (the ones who can swim). Troops in water survival suits with life jackets and an inflatable raft.
Mission:
1. Wait on tarmac at Lavrentiya
2. If submarine is forced to surface, fly to area, and helocast Cobbie's men to take the submarine.

Windmill
Aircraft: EA-6B Prowler with 5 jamming pods.
Mission:
1. Fly to Max altitude and hold at assigned point ("EA-6B")
2. Jam BSNC radars on Saint Lawrence Island
3. Gather ELINT

I-Spy
Aircraft: S-100B Argus
Mission:
1. Fly at max altitude and fly a racetrack around I-SPY to provide AEW&C support.

Big Pig
Aircraft: KC-135R
Mission:
1. Fly at medium altitude and fly a racetrack around POINT BIG PIG to provide tanker support.

ASW Units
Dakota
Aircraft: Atlantique 2 with eight torpedoes and sonobuoys.
Mission:
1. Fly a search ladder in search grid (BLUE SQUARE), drop passive and active sonobuoys to monitor area.
2. If sound contact is spotted, drop active buoys to confirm contact.
3. If enemy submarine is spotted engage, circle it until a frigate or helo can contact it. If it refuses to surrender after being contacted, destroy it with torpedoes.

Pegasus, All-American, Screaming Eagle
Aircraft: one MH-90 per flight with two ASW torpedoes and sonobuoys.
1. Fly a search ladder in assigned search grid (ORANGE SQUARES), drop passive sonobuoys and use dipping sonar to monitor area.
2. If sound contact is spotted, drop active buoys and use dipping sonar to confirm contact.
3. If enemy submarine is spotted, contact it and ask it to surface and surrender. If it refuses, engage and destroy it with torpedoes.

Arnhem, Njimegen, Eindhoven
Ships: three Die Zeven Provincien frigates
1. Sail a search ladder in the assigned grid area (RED SQUARE)
2. Use towed sonar (passive and active) and radar to locate enemy submarine.
3. If sound contact is spotted, approach and ping with active sonar to confirm contact.
4. If enemy submarine is spotted, engage and destroy it with torpedoes
NOTE: Njimegen will embark 1/2 of Cobbie's men, if possible. Launch these men to take the sub if it surfaces.

CAP
Jug Flight
Aircraft: Six Phantoms with max AMRAAM CAP loadout
Mission:
1. Provide CAP for the ASW assets.
2. Engage any hostile air assets.
3. If all AMRAAMs are used, RTB and use QUICK TURNAROUND to re-arm. Then, return to station at military power.
4. Stay on station until all friendly aircraft and ships are out of range of enemy forces.

Tactical Reserve
Trident Flight
Aircraft: Four Tornadoes with two Sea Eagle missiles each.
Mission:
1. Wait on tarmac at Provd base.
2. If BSNC surface assets move to attack friendly forces, launch all aircraft rally above the airfield. Once the entire flight is a launched, proceed as a group and attack the ships as a group. Do NOT attack if enemy fighters are active in area.
3. Once enemy forces are neutralized, RTB.

Lion Flight
Aircraft: Four Kfirs with two Derby air-to-air missiles.
Mission:
1. Wait on tarmac at Provd Base.
2. If 10 enemy aircraft launched: launch Lion Flight (Kfir CAP) to engage hostiles.
3. If less than five aircraft are on CAP: launch Lion Flight (Kfir CAP) to help with CAP.
4. If all Derbies are fired, RTB, then QUICK REARM and return to CAP duty.

Catbird Flight
Aircraft: Two Gripens with max Meteors
Mission:
1. Wait on tarmac at Lavrentiya Base unless 15+ enemy aircraft are launched. If this happens, launch and engage enemy targets.
2. If all Meteors are used, RTB and use QUICK TURNAROUND to re-arm with Meteors. Then, return to station at military power.
3. If aircraft have Meteors, stay on station until all friendly aircraft and ships are out of range of enemy forces.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 11, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So what you're saying is there's a chance.

Yes, and I think it's an entertaining option. But it won't be "corral boat then capture boat". Not even the dumbest sub commander in the world is going to go into the bay. The best you can hope for is to lure them close and see what happens. To keep it interesting I'll have to play with some contingencies for scripting.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Operation Harpoon

Objectives

1) Find and capture or destroy the hostile Type 209 submarine
2) Provide air security for our aircraft and the Dutch vessels
3) Eliminate the Mamba battery as its engagement radius covers a significant part of the search area.

ROE and Flight restrictions

1) Submerged contacts are not to be engaged until proven hostile and are evading capture. If the enemy submarine surrenders, it is not to be destroyed.
2) Iceberg assets are not to be engaged until proven hostile.
3) There are no RoE restrictions on BSNC assets.
4) Aircraft are not to fly into the area on the map shaded red

EMCOM

AEW flight is to engage its radar at all times
Atlantique is to activate its radar once it has reached Smoky Mountain point.
CAP flight is to remain radar off so long as Poffo flight is airborne. If Poffo flight has landed, it is to activate its radar

General timeline of operations

1) At 0000 on day 1, Poffo flight is to take off and fly to point Stampede.
2) At 0002 on day 1, Irvine flight is to take off and fly to point Smoky Mountain
3) At 0004 on day 1, Leslie flight is to take off and fly to point Chikara
4) At 0012 on day 1, Copeland flight is to take off and fly to point Turnbuckle
4) Irvine Flight is to orbit point Smoky Mountain and aid the Dutch ships in prosecuting contacts found by the Dutch.
5) Copeland flight is to remain on station until the KC-135 is out of fuel, at which point both aircraft are to return to base
6) Once the KC-135 has made its final top-up, Bollea Flight and Reso Flight are to take off and fly to point Chikara and point Turnbuckle respectively. These aircraft are to cycle throughout the op as each aircraft runs out of fuel.
7) Once the Atlantique runs out of sonobuoys, torpedoes or fuel, it is to return to base to rearm and refuel.
8) At 0100 on day 1, Hickenbottom flight is to take off and fly to point Guerrilla
9) Once Hickenbottom flight has reached point Guerrilla, it is to fire its Storm Shadow missiles. The missiles are to take a southern path as indicated on the map, avoiding coming within 30nm of the battery. Once they have come south of Kookoligit Mountain, the Storm Shadow missiles are to head north towards the battery.
On detection of the submarine
Once the submarine has been found, the nearest NH90 is to attempt to communicate with the submarine. The following message is to be transmitted via active sonar pings in Morse code.
"Attention submarine captain. You are ordered to come to the surface and surrender. You and your crew will be returned to your homes. Any attempt to escape will be taken as a hostile act and you will be destroyed. Confirm receipt of this message with one active sonar ping." Until the submarine either complies or tries to run, the message is to be repeated.
If the submarine complies, a zodiac boat with Cobbie and his men will approach and board the submarine, restrain the crew and secure the submarine.
If the submarine does not comply, it is to be engaged and destroyed.

Poffo Flight
1x Saab 340 Erieye

Irvine Flight
1x Breguet Atlantique with:
8x MU-90 Impact
40x TSM 8050B Active RO
100x TSM 8062 DIFAR

Leslie Flight
1x KC-135

Copeland Flight
3x F-4E Phantom with
4x AMRAAM
4x Sidewinder
1x drop tank

Bollea Flight
1x VC-10 K.4

Reso Flight
4x Kfir C.10 with
2x Derby
2x Python
1x drop tank

Hickenbottom Flight
3x Tornado with
2x Storm Shadow

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Bacarruda, I don't think your want the hard deck on the ASW assets either.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I would love a goonboat as long as it has solid self-defense, i.e. something like Rolling Airframe Missile rather than CIWS or MANPADS, and does something cool beyond that, i.e. probably ASW as we have plenty stuff to sling AShMs already.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I meant this one:
https://youtu.be/YP6mMCyXFsk

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yooper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-T8umqRYE#t=02m40s

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

The Gate Series is commonly agreed upon to be the best JSDF anime popular. A Low-Fantasy world invades through a portal that opens in Ginza, the JSDF reacts. Rather militarily and politically realistic. (A stomping followed by resource extraction.) Many who don't typically watch anime would like it, so it has some broader appeal. There are some mild anime tropes, so those allergic should probably give it a miss.

Edit: It was definitely somewhat full of itself (and my mind seems to have elided some of the anime tropes), but at least they didn't try to conquer the locals.
Also, too much curbstomping.

When do we vote? Gotta vote for Heavy Metal.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 11, 2017

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Re: metal idea. Why would they go sub attack instead of ground or air strike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

RA Rx posted:

The Gate Series is commonly agreed upon to be the best JSDF anime. A Low-Fantasy world invades through a portal that opens in Ginza, the JSDF reacts. [b[Rather militarily and politically realistic.[/b] Many who don't typically watch anime would like it, so it has some broader appeal. There are some mild anime tropes, so those allergic should probably give it a miss.

When do we vote? Gotta vote for Heavy Metal.

:thunk:

I don't think those words mean what you think they mean, if you are talking about Gate.