Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I pefer the more vibrant palette as well but it seems fine, at least from what we've seen

I'm just happy about high fidelity mon hun not in 240p

Though such a grindy game might get tiresome on a console hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I liked that it seemed like there was more of an emphasis on tracking and using the environment than in current MonHun

What initially drew me into the game is stuff like needing to forage around for stuff to fight, when they streamlined that so much that you literally never need to do it because you have cat sweatshops it lost some of that appeal, I think exploring that facet of the game more would be good

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, and I enjoy that it's got some crazy looking Dragon's Dogma climbing and Lost Planet grappling hook action too. I love that stuff.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That Monster Hunter game looks awful. I really hope Capcom doesn't decide to just push that and not bring XX to the west on Switch.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Wow, Nintendo could easily have the best conference if Super Mario Odyssey looks great, if they show some decent third-party/indie support for the Switch, and if they announce one or two notable exclusives. Microsoft and Sony left the door wide open for the Switch to have a huge 2017 holiday season, since all they've got coming is Uncharted DLC, South Park sequel, Middle-Earth sequel, Crackdown sequel, and shooter sequels (Destiny, COD).

If Nintendo's going to get a real foothold in the console market again, this year's going to be their sink or swim moment.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I saw a few people who were psyched that they were making a new Turok before they realized it was Monster Hunter: World.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
On the best buy page it says there's only 4 worlds in mario xcom, while that's not indicative of content I hope the game doesn't end up super short

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Utnayan posted:

Metroid Prime: Scar and Overwatch.

poo poo. Now I don't want you to be wrong.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stux posted:

theres no need for sour grapes

YOUR ENTIRE POSTING CAREER IN NINTENDO THREADS IS SOUR GRAPES, STUX.

STUX!

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Nintendo has to save this E3 from being middling.
Save Video Games again, NIntendo.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

YOUR ENTIRE POSTING CAREER IN NINTENDO THREADS IS SOUR GRAPES, STUX.

STUX!

accusing me of "sour grapes" is amusing considering I own two of the platforms this thing is launching on.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

accusing me of "sour grapes" is amusing considering I own two of the platforms this thing is launching on.

uhhh...

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

poo poo. Now I don't want you to be wrong.

Same. I'm holding this guy to it. If you're wrong!!!!!!!!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I'm happy because I both get to play monhun on my PS4 and Utnayan gets banned.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

what? I have a PS4 and a PC. It's coming out on those.

"sour grapes" sounds like they're saying I'm mad because it's on a platform I can't touch.

I just think it doesn't look like what I want out of Monster Hunter. That's it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

where was the loving color

on the screen

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
PS VR continues to be a joke

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

what? I have a PS4 and a PC. It's coming out on those.

"sour grapes" sounds like they're saying I'm mad because it's on a platform I can't touch.

Sorry that post was directed at Stux and I kind of assumed this was a wrong account moment.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

i'm gonna play monhun on the switch for classic monster slaying and pc to mod it into a good game if it comes to it

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm going to play Skyrim and maybe that Rabbids game. I'm on the fence.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

probably not gonna get mon hun xx anymore now that world is coming so soon but i hope we can all be glad that western gun mon hun was a fake rumor cause that would have been sad

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

probably not gonna get mon hun xx anymore now that world is coming so soon but i hope we can all be glad that western gun mon hun was a fake rumor cause that would have been sad

are we sure its fake

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Electric Phantasm posted:

are we sure its fake

well i guess we could be getting two monhun games at once, one a real mon hun and one a codzilla but i dunt know how likely

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The rumor didn't mention guns, and predicted it'd be on PC and X-Box too, from what I remember.

They also mentioned it'd be westernized a lot and that's clearly evident.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey guys, try to keep it together for a little while. Writing OPs actually is pretty hard! I've been cracking away for a few hours but it won't be done today.

Looking forward to E3 Spotlight tomorrow.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Anidav posted:

PS VR continues to be a joke

One million people with $400+ to burn can't be wrong!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Well hopefully there's a MH5 in the works because I'm gonna be hella mad if after all this time we get the perfect Monhun console and they finally make HD assets and then they put the loving thing on every other platform instead.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Lakbay posted:

On the best buy page it says there's only 4 worlds in mario xcom, while that's not indicative of content I hope the game doesn't end up super short

If I remember the info on that internal pitch material it said something like 20 hours being a standard play time? I think that's right.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Electric Phantasm posted:

are we sure its fake

The trailer had what is clearly a heavy bowgun being fired in blitz mode, or whatever the clip unload is called. It sounded a bit like a gun?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

One million people with $400+ to burn can't be wrong!

VR is insanely good and I can't wait until it's mainstream in a few years when the tech is better and much cheaper

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Waltzing Along posted:

It's bad game design if you turn off new players from the get go.

What would have worked better:

1 - create a character
2 - have a mini mission where you are a thief, or whatever, and you get caught and put in chains
3 - then you start in the wagon with the bonus of not having to stop the action to create a character. "action"

Yeah because players love getting control of a game and then immediately thrown into a long cutscene. The way it was handled was fine and later is reflected about how and why the other prisoners were there.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Posters being weird about MonHunWorld is my big head scratcher right now. It looked very cool to me, but it won't be a day one buy unless I can be a cat person.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

:yeah:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm happy with Utnayan being allowed back into the thread if it means we'll get a new Metroid and Overwatch.

He'll do something dumb and get banned again later anyway :v:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bloodychill posted:

Posters being weird about MonHunWorld is my big head scratcher right now. It looked very cool to me, but it won't be a day one buy unless I can be a cat person.

MH has so far been about playing literally the exact same game with incremental quality of life improvements and a few different monsters/areas every iteration for over a decade. The core fans have shown they aren't particularly interested in anything new

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Infinitum posted:

I'm happy with Utnayan being allowed back into the thread if it means we'll get a new Metroid and Overwatch.

im not

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Infinitum posted:

He'll do something dumb and get banned again later anyway :v:

I thought it was conditional on the sales prediction thing, not his dumb leaks he pulled off of 4chan

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

The rumor didn't mention guns, and predicted it'd be on PC and X-Box too, from what I remember.

They also mentioned it'd be westernized a lot and that's clearly evident.

literally does not look westernised at all what are you actually talking about

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Lemming posted:

MH has so far been about playing literally the exact same game with incremental quality of life improvements and a few different monsters/areas every iteration for over a decade. The core fans have shown they aren't particularly interested in anything new

I'm very interested in seeing what World's all about. The hunting action genre has progressed so far with other games but Monster Hunter's kind of stayed in roughly the same playpen, so seeing them take a stab at things like open world and drop-in/out co-op is pretty exciting. I've been reading that they're ditching missions and mission timers as well? With the genre progressing in weird directions with games like Freedom Wars, Toukiden, PS Nova, and so on it'll be fun to see MH take a new step forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If Utnayan is banned from the thread Nintendo will cancel Metroid: Scar

• Locked thread