Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Finally, Switch VR hits the market. Available only in black and red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Kashuno posted:

Virtual...Console.....
Virutal.......Boy..............................................

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No. Not like this. Not like this :negative:

:getin:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Beastie posted:

Still got my Virtual Boy at home. Do not pay $3.99 for these titles serious don't.

Wario Land VB was actually pretty decent.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Finally, Switch VR hits the market. Available only in black and red.

Google Cardboard style headgear. $49.99. Only compatible with Virtual Boy VC titles.

Good news: The entire VB library will be released!
Bad news: It is going to take 18 months!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd be happy with Virtual Boy as part of the VC, as long as we get Gamecube as well

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

a good game made great by excruciating migraines and induced colour blindness!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
honestly all i want is to be able to purchase one semi new or new game today on my nintendo switch. thats my entire baseline, please nintendo... do the needful

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Whatever else you wanna say about Mario + Rabbids: That Mario model and the mushroom kingdom in general look amazing. It's the best he's ever looked.

The main part of the trailer that was bad was the whole "Princess Peach... Saved herself!?!???" when she uses the cannon and looks all surprised that she did something. I thought that was really stupid considering she's been as playable character in Mario games in the past where she's kicked rear end, including the most recent 3D Mario platformer! Not to mention kicking rear end in Smash. Like the trailer was trying to say "She's not a helpless girl anymore, we're breaking ALL the rules! Did we just BLOW YOUR MIND?" when that isn't her actual character at all.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jun 13, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My truly impossible want from this E3 is a proper Chibi-Robo sequel to the GC game :sigh:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

TFRazorsaw posted:

alf_pogs posted:

a good game made great by excruciating migraines and induced colour blindness!

It is a good game, on a 3d platform where you have depth between all that red and black.

It seems really loving boring flat, look at that picture and tell me you want to see that on your Switch.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

yeah chuck us a weirdo announce/release combo nintendo god darn it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

btw I bought killer7 at the weekend so look forward to GC Virtual Console being announced today, with a surprise release of a suda51 game in honour of him working on NMH3 for Switch.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
As much as I'd like to believe it, that list is bogus. There's no way we're getting two new Metroid games, maybe we'll get one, but I'm not holding my breath.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

alf_pogs posted:

:yeah:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wonder if we'll see anything from suda51 since he did announce the next No More Heros for Switch

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Suda51 will show up in the Treehouse and it will just be a continuation of Devolvers Pre-Preshow.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Whatever else you wanna say about Mario + Rabbids: That Mario model and the mushroom kingdom in general look amazing. It's the best he's ever looked.

The main part of the trailer that was bad was the whole "Princess Peach... Saved herself!?!???" when she uses the cannon and looks all surprised that she did something. I thought that was really stupid considering she's been as playable character in Mario games in the past where she's kicked rear end, including the most recent 3D Mario platformer! Not to mention kicking rear end in Smash. Like the trailer was trying to say "She's not a helpless girl anymore, we're breaking ALL the rules! Did we just BLOW YOUR MIND?" when that isn't her actual character at all.

Peach's main claim to fame is a game where she cries to hurt things.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

aware of dog posted:

As much as I'd like to believe it, that list is bogus. There's no way we're getting two new Metroid games, maybe we'll get one, but I'm not holding my breath.

The direct is only 30 minutes, they don't have to announce all those ga-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmo0M2_OWsU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kashuno posted:

Peach's main claim to fame is a game where she cries to hurt things.

Not really, no one remembers that game at all.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Just wait, the only virtual console news today is Virtual Boy on the New 3DS.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What if... Nintendo has good E3 announcements and a good direct and everyone enjoys what they have to show?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Peach also might be a little surprised because she just used a gun to shoot something. That's a far cry from floaty jumps and using a toad to block missiles

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What if... Nintendo has good E3 announcements and a good direct and everyone enjoys what they have to show?

gently caress you for triggering me

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Louisgod posted:

The direct is only 30 minutes, they don't have to announce all those ga-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmo0M2_OWsU

25 minutes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But seriously get hype for Mario Odyssey being shown off in the Treehouse for like 2 hours after the Direct

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:wth:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Mods????

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Peach also might be a little surprised because she just used a gun to shoot something. That's a far cry from floaty jumps and using a toad to block missiles

Super Princess Peach 2 is going to be an FPS.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Given the 25-minute length and the calendar 2017 focus, I'm expecting basically nothing in the way of new announcements besides maybe Smash, which at least means it'll be easy for Nintendo to meet or surpass those expectations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

A bunch of pages back some goon asked about Has Been Heroes.

I picked it up yesterday and after digesting it for an hour or two and I'd like to figure out what I'm not picking up on or if I'm putting too much emphasis on something else.

Game is pretty addicting but I've yet to defeat the first stage's boss. I've done like 10 runs.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Given that a new Mario 64 is on the way and that Rabbids looks pretty cool, I would be extremely happy today if there is an Animal Crossing announcement and maybe a new Luigi's Mansion. In the pantheon of possible surprise announcements, I think both are fairly reasonable.

Listening to IGN's preview show last week, Peer thinks the new AC game will be farming themed. That would actually make a lot of sense given Stardew Valley's rise to fame two years ago.

Also, regarding the short length of the direct, I think 30 mins is fine. They have Treehouse for the kind of stuff that chews up a bunch of time in other press conferences (i.e. the 6 or 7 minutes of the zombie game and Spiderman "gameplay" in Sony's) so they can rapid fire everything.

Luigi's Mansion 4 Lyf

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
Nintendo will release Super Mario Bros 2 HD and Reggie will reveal himself as the dude who sent Dr. Tim Whatley that letter.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

were all falling victim to the ol nintendo misdirect. no super mario world on switch for us

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Infinitum posted:

But seriously get hype for Mario Odyssey being shown off in the Treehouse for like 2 hours after the Direct

That's what's ensuring today doesn't go entirely sour. Even if the 25-minute thing sucks, at least they'll be playing poo poo like Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 all day afterwards.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo just announces games whenever they want. They've made it clear in the last three years E3 is not a priority for them at least in terms of announcements.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yoko Taro is going to announce Nier: Mushroom Kingdom.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Electric Phantasm posted:

Suda51 will show up in the Treehouse and it will just be a continuation of Devolvers Pre-Preshow.
It should be a continuation of the Switch reveal where he was just on stage with some concept art, and the translator literally dies from trying to keep up with what he's talking about.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Suda51 gets on stage and Bill Trinen's nose starts to bleed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Another good thing about Christmas Morning aka Nintendo's E3 Conference is that you just know Phil Spencer is just as excited to watch as any of us.

• Locked thread