Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This game would look really good if all of the ubisoft horse poo poo was taken out.

It's Super Mario, on a World

What more do you want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Kinda crazy Sega did it over 20 years ago with the Sega channel

That was the best thing as a kid

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I don't understand if this is supposed to be funny or not

why is he rubbing the peach rabbid on his arse :gonk:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Because he has an itchy butt

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I really can't stand rabbids which sucks since the core gameplay looks fun.

At least it's not Minions.

I don't know, I'm really stoked for it. Yeah the rabbids are obnoxious but it looks like this game is designed for Switch's low dose gameplay sessions.

I'm not going to preorder but I'm definitely going to get it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm undecided whether this constitutes a pre-order for me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If ARMS wasn't $80AUD I'd probably grab it.

I feel it'd sell a lot more copies at the $40-50 mark

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Rabbids are good especially since they make goons have fits.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I never thought I'd say this about a Rabbid design but the scared little rabbit who wears the goggles that's able to make the Mario themed Rabbid has an actual cute and likeable design

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

this goes into the special folder

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Infinitum posted:

If ARMS wasn't $80AUD I'd probably grab it.

I feel it'd sell a lot more copies at the $40-50 mark

60 dollars at Big W

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

Rabbids are good especially since they make goons have fits.

That's like saying Minions are good because they annoy people

Eitherway aesthetically speaking I just can't really differentiate and remember rabbids, just like how I can't remember minions. They're artistically vapid and if you tool away the hats you could not tell them apart at all or say anything about them.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:lol: You'll need an Xbox Live account to access cross-platform content in Minecraft later

quote:

In an interview with Norwegian website Press Fire, Mojang CEO Jonas Märtensson confirmed that in order to access cross-platform multiplayer, Switch players will be required to sign in to an Xbox Live account. In the interview, Märtensson says that because DLC purchases and the cross-platform Realms are designed to carry over to every platform, they needed to have an account system, and Xbox Live fit the bill. Since Xbox Live logins are already in use on Windows 10, Mobile and Xbox One, it makes sense that Mojang would prefer to use that on Switch than try to implement a new system. It also might be the reason Sony is hesitant to jump on board for cross-platform multiplayer on the PlayStation 4 version of the game.

What strange bed fellows we make for games :allears:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Infinitum posted:

It's Super Mario, on a World

What more do you want?

Less is more. In this case, we want less of the Rabbids (preferably no Rabbids).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

:lol: You'll need an Xbox Live account to access cross-platform content in Minecraft later

What strange bed fellows we make for games :allears:

It makes sense. Microsoft is hosting the servers for Minecraft for all versions so naturally you'd need it to access them

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anidav posted:

60 dollars at Big W

It's listed as $65 in their latest catalogue
http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/#view=catalogue&saleId=17426&page=1

Think best price is $64 at Target

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

C-SPAN Caller posted:

That's like saying Minions are good because they annoy people

Eitherway aesthetically speaking I just can't really differentiate and remember rabbids, just like how I can't remember minions. They're artistically vapid and if you tool away the hats you could not tell them apart at all or say anything about them.

You're not supposed to, does it bother you that people actually like rabbids and minions? Because a lot more like them then don't.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

It makes sense. Microsoft is hosting the servers for Minecraft for all versions so naturally you'd need it to access them

Oh yeah I'm not having a crack, I'm just saying it's a very strange thing to be seeing.

Honestly I'd like to see a lot more cross play going on and a lot less nonsense.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I see in the UK if you preorder Odyssey you get an actual physical Cappy hat. Is there anywhere doing this in the United States of America? I want a Cappy hat.

Also, Sega Channel was great. It was awesome waking up the first day of the month to see the new games that were available.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

You're not supposed to, does it bother you that people actually like rabbids and minions? Because a lot more like them then don't.

I don't like Rabbids

I will probably get Mario+Rabbids because it looks like a cool game, and essentially XCOM

Gonna run a team of all Mario characters and murder Rabbids, erasing their blight on the Mushroom Kingdom

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I see in the UK if you preorder Odyssey you get an actual physical Cappy hat. Is there anywhere doing this in the United States of America? I want a Cappy hat.

Also, Sega Channel was great. It was awesome waking up the first day of the month to see the new games that were available.

This is also available in Australia at EB Games, incidentally.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You guys are aware you can load up Sega Channel into an emulator and use online play to connect to it to a 3rd party server to dish out the games like old times right?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Infinitum posted:

Gonna run a team of all Mario characters and murder Rabbids, erasing their blight on the Mushroom Kingdom

But you don't kill them. You "save" them, according to Ubi.

Save them from life. :unsmigghh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Or you could just literally download a batch of Sega roms in a zip and not have to worry about that crap

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Give me a cross platform Call of Duty for the Switch with tilt/motion aiming

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Or you could just literally download a batch of Sega roms in a zip and not have to worry about that crap

Yeah but go go gadget gently caress yourself

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You can't hug your children with ARMS.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anidav posted:

Yeah but go go gadget gently caress yourself

how wude

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Harlock posted:

If you're willingly choosing to have children in a world where Super Mario World is NOT available for the Nintendo Switch then you're a monster.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/Socceroos/status/875320273003794432

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Harlock posted:

Sure you can, infact moreso then normal arms you could hug your entire family with them.

ARMS are the ultimate in hugging technology.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Give me a cross platform Call of Duty for the Switch with tilt/motion aiming

Only if there's an "I'M USING TILT CONTROLS" callout that you can spam

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Golden Goat posted:

Sure you can, infact moreso then normal arms you could hug your entire family with them.

ARMS are the ultimate in hugging technology.

Just... don't throw your loved ones afterwards.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: ARMS is live on the Aussie eShop :siren:

2.2Gb install size

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Harlock posted:

Agreed, because your children would look at you funny for choosing to buy such a poor game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Agreed, because your children would look at you funny for choosing to buy such a poor game.

Harsh and unfair. ARMS is good, friend

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anidav posted:

You guys are aware you can load up Sega Channel into an emulator and use online play to connect to it to a 3rd party server to dish out the games like old times right?

Why would I want to do that?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im gonna play a ton of arms until pokken comes out and is a real fight game but until then arms is not for babby

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

jivjov posted:

He also isn't a fan of pineapple on pizza.

From yesterday but people who put pineapple on pizza should be shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rad Valtar posted:

From yesterday but people who put pineapple on pizza should be shot.

That's rude. I had a pineapple and Canadian bacon pizza yesterday and it was delicious

• Locked thread