Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

1st AD posted:

floyd has not defeated his greatest foe

illiteracy

He's rich beyond the wildest dreams of most people while you're just some poor rear end bitch that can read, seems like he won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Nate Diaz. Now there's s loving fighter.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
All careers are a quest for less and less technical expertise - the doctor who can barely write, the engineer who makes it to management and forgets how to do math, and so on. In this way, we see that Floyd had reached the absolute pinnacle point of modern humanity, he no longer needs to concern himself with reading.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Conor is going to brutally and insanely destroy Floyd in the same manner as my posts are crushing it nonstop within this thread. Really A+ stuff.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
I'd give a poo poo if they had a boxing match in an Octagon. McGregor still loses, but at least it takes away one of Mayweather's advantages in ring control and hands the greater experience to McGregor.

As it stands, I see no reason to contribute to either one's Quest for More Cash.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

To be alive at this time.

Wow.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wanna see Conor win and become the world's greatest draw, just to run the UFC into bankruptcy by upping his asking price to insane levels.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

1st AD posted:

How can a man be expected to defeat Conor McGregor if he can't even read The Secret!?!?

please change the thread title to this

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

coconono posted:

I wanna see Conor win and become the world's greatest draw, just to run the UFC into bankruptcy by upping his asking price to insane levels.

the UFC is already going to go bankrupt because of the combination of debt and the biggest draws being people I've never heard of or care about

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
round 1: a minute of footwork, then they get right into it .. mayweather is probably the more passive of the two
round 2: in the clinch, both of them reach for the others shorts, exposing their penis and balls for the world to see. mayweather still biding his time
round 3: they have gay sex with eachother

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the most hosed up part of this is that floyd is going to be subject to standard nsac drug testing where you take a vial of urine and whisper at it "hey do u know where i can get some steroids" and if they've been using enough steroids that their bodily fluids have their own gym membership then it answers you back. but conor is part of the ufc so will be under usada.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The crazy thing is how many people the NSAC caught and then had to make excuses for with these methods.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

please change the thread title to this

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the most hosed up part of this is that floyd is going to be subject to standard nsac drug testing where you take a vial of urine and whisper at it "hey do u know where i can get some steroids" and if they've been using enough steroids that their bodily fluids have their own gym membership then it answers you back. but conor is part of the ufc so will be under usada.

Floyd agreed to USADA testing. It was one of Conor's only demands.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Mayweather has undergone USADA testing before; most notably leading to "IV-Gate" when Mayweather was revealed to have used an IV banned by WADA but not USADA before the Pacquiao fight

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/13621142/floyd-mayweather-took-wada-banned-iv-manny-pacquiao-fight-according-report

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Rigel posted:

Floyd agreed to USADA testing. It was one of Conor's only demands.

ah well then. in my opinion floyd needed to be able to use steroids to overcome his opponent's performance enhancing literature

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

what are you doing with those books over there?
called reading harry potter
does it work?
if do right, no can defense

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Can anyone imagine a scenario where they both lose cause that's what I'm hoping for

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Rubellavator posted:

Can anyone imagine a scenario where they both lose cause that's what I'm hoping for

1st AD posted:

Can't wait for the split draw and the inevitable trilogy due to corrupt judging

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

I can imagine a scenario where they both cum

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I.N.R.I posted:

I can imagine a scenario where they both cum

Under the current rules though they only lose if it's involuntary

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Bluedeanie posted:

Under the current rules though they only lose if it's involuntary

Is there any chance that the fight will be as entertaining as the thread?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Vengarr posted:

Is there any chance that the fight will be as entertaining as the thread?

Nope.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

1st AD posted:

How can a man be expected to defeat Conor McGregor if he can't even read The Secret!?!?

Mayweather actually made a dream board but it was just money tacked to a bulletin board with HGH needles.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I hope Adelaide "Canelo won six rounds against Mayweather" Byrd ends up judging this fight, she's what this match deserves.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat she gave canelo 6 rounds in that fight?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Adder Moray posted:

I'd give a poo poo if they had a boxing match in an Octagon. McGregor still loses, but at least it takes away one of Mayweather's advantages in ring control and hands the greater experience to McGregor.

As it stands, I see no reason to contribute to either one's Quest for More Cash.

Octagons are huge compared to rings and don't have any corners, so if anything this would make Mayweather's advantage even more pronounced. He already mandates a larger than average ring for everyone he fights.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

The Ninth Layer posted:

I hope Adelaide "Canelo won six rounds against Mayweather" Byrd ends up judging this fight, she's what this match deserves.

lmao did she really

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The Ninth Layer posted:

The fight will be so lopsided that not even an Adelaid Byrd or Sensei Cecil Peoples could gently caress it up

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I just hope a lot of dumb money flies to mcgregor so i can make somw beer money on mayweather.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

chaleski posted:

The fight will be so lopsided that not even an Adelaid Byrd or Sensei Cecil Peoples could gently caress it up

One of my favourite things about lurking the boxing threads sometimes is how it turns out that all the judges that we complain about in MMA threads are just as hated in boxing threads, if not more so cause they have more rounds to gently caress up.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

chaleski posted:

famous last words

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Keven will be proven right when Byrd awards McGregor the KO.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

The Ninth Layer posted:

That was actually CJ Ross who also scored Pac-bradley 1 for you (I mean Tim bradley). She retired from judging after the Canelo fight.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 15, 2017

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh wow you're right. All the bad judges are blurring together for me.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Wasn't Byrd also a terrible MMA judge for a bit?

Also, those 'Boxing Short Studies' videos on Youtube are great.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Snowman_McK posted:

Wasn't Byrd also a terrible MMA judge for a bit?

Also, those 'Boxing Short Studies' videos on Youtube are great.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's partially responsible for at least one of Leonard Garcia's inexplicable decision wins

Also was Steve Mazzagatti a boxing ref? Let him officiate the Conor-Floyd fight if we're going full train wreck

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

big money big clit posted:

He's rich beyond the wildest dreams of most people while you're just some poor rear end bitch that can read, seems like he won.

I must be better than most people because i can dream of being really rich

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I was talking with a friend of mine and we agreed the best worst outcome for this fight would be if Floyd dominates the fight 12-0 only for the cards to go to a draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I think floyd is defijitely craftier in the clinch (cheating) than conor and i also think conor is physically weak so it should be interesting to see if conor can control him. And also kovalev /ward 2 will be awesome and is a,good example of a dude using traditional wrestling in the clinch againwt a crafty boxijg clincher (cheater)

• Locked thread