Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Does anyone know who sonic is dating now? Asking for a friend.

me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Sonic prefers to enjoy a number of casual intimate relationships, stringing his partners along in the hope of commitment. It's why his number of "friends" and "friendly rivals" keeps increasing. Every single one of them think they're "the one" and the others are shallow frauds that he'll get over.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 15, 2017

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
Friendly Factory fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 4, 2018

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Friendly Factory posted:

But which one of them gets pregnant first

Everyone. The answer is always everyone.

E: Hey have I mentioned Sonic Mania looks good?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

August can't come soon enough. Everything looks so good and so extremely fun.

Chemical Plant Act 2 is just super awesome!

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

This is cute and I'm saying this unironically.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Sonic is volcel

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

If they were doing the Unleashed style hub stages, they ought to bring him back as just some random NPC.

Like, have him run a stall that sells "I Love Empire City" ball caps.

Kirby has a villain named Magolor who tried to destroyed the universe, but lost, and promptly decided to move on to making shady theme parks and operating microtransaction stores, which is my favorite thing ever. Can't beat the hero, might as well scam them.

Just apply that principle to any lovely one-off Sonic villain and you'd have something great.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Sonic is volcel

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:swoon: Sonadow :swoon:

e: I thought it was "Shadic" but that's the OC Fusion of Sonic and Shadow

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Sonic is volcel

And Shadow is incel. It's a classic contrast.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

This thread is loving terrible.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
sonic is only 15 years old. a lot of people forget that. he's still finding out who he is

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sonic was born in 1990

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

SwissCM posted:

This thread is loving terrible.

You're just jealous because you lack self control. If you focused your energies on going fast instead of expending your essence you'd be as cool and blue as the planet that's as cool and blue as Sonic Hedgehog.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The UK comic is the one where super sonic got the crazy spiral eyes and stuff? What made Sonic turn green and start a sprite comic in that series?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

SwissCM posted:

This thread is really really :sonic:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I believe that the canon is that sonic characters lack reproductive organs or biological sex, having only gender and gendered biological dimophism (I'd like to wish even the latter weren't the case, but, well, Rouge exists).

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 16, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Sonic The Hedgehog does not gently caress. Ever. He achieves full satisfaction just by staring at you with his massive hypersensitive eyes, and passionately filling his rounded belly with chilidogs.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I just realized that my OC can be Teckno the Canary.

Forces hype is now at maximum.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
For real, though, Sonic and Shadow would never happen because Shadow is the most self absorbed motherfucker in the world.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

If they were doing the Unleashed style hub stages, they ought to bring him back as just some random NPC.

Like, have him run a stall that sells "I Love Empire City" ball caps.

And the Secret Rings menu song playing over tinny speakers.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

For real, though, Sonic and Shadow would never happen because Shadow is the most self absorbed motherfucker in the world.

he cares deeply for his best friend E-123 Omega

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
What if Shadow is actually undercover?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

By resetting them all to evil, it means Sega can recycle all of their popular character journeys in fast forward for one super-bumper pack.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'm guessing there's some time travel or mind control going on, possibly manipulation. Classic Sonic is there, and it's not like Eggman hasn't tricked people into fighting Sonic for him before.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Infinite's whole look and name and whatever implies it'll be either time travel or alternate realities.

EDIT: oh, didn't see this:

Yeah he's grabbing villains from dimensions where they're still evil and alive.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jun 16, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Infinite refers to his power level.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/playasia/status/875684472754253824

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

You're far too expensive!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Sonic is asexual/aromantic because he's a blue cartoon hedgehog that goes fast. That poo poo was unnecessary and bizarrely out of place as far back as Sonic CD. He cares more about finding the unmarked part of a wall he can inexplicably go through, or turning in place when he finds the way to the Sky Deck.

Kurieg posted:

When people are baffled by Amiibo success I point out that the next cheapest Sonic "figurine" is probably more than $200, and there are companies and fans who think that's a good move.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 16, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

They really should stop trying to physically represent Sonic's infinity shoe movement thing because it looks more and more silly with every incarnation.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kurieg posted:

You know you're gonna sell everything you own for it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

CJacobs posted:

They really should stop trying to physically represent Sonic's infinity shoe movement thing because it looks more and more silly with every incarnation.

I think that's pretty cool, but it kinda looks like his legs are staying still whilst only his feet are spinning around wildly.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The statue looks cool when it's turned on in the dark and the speed feet thing is doing it's rapid spinny glow

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
the only good sonic games pre-adventure were spinball, mean bean machine and tails’ adventure. 3&knuckles, 3D blast and chaotix were just ok. all the others are bad. especially CD.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

It's weird that Sonic is 15 because he's never written like that except at one brief stint in the comics where the freedom fighters had to go to high school and that was terrible.

He's always struck me more 22-25 which makes it even weirder he hangs around with a child.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Also that last trailer with Cubey and that Deadly Six fucker made me suddenly like 20% less excited for Sonic Forces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Also that last trailer with Cubey and that Deadly Six fucker made me suddenly like 20% less excited for Sonic Forces

Every time they reveal that the wisp powers are in these games my hype erection instantly droops a little. I am so tired of LASER! SPIKES! ROCKEETTT!