Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
So I've got a decent'ish 900 attack Olive as my friend unit, but I also have a little babby Elza, should I put her up as my friend unit for the event?

Also, rainbow + Tilith from 10 tickets, the luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah, you should put max up for the rest of us to get the 100% bonus. (Most of us will probably skip over your Olive unless it's above 1100... :ninja: )

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So what equipment/materia should one be giving their tilith?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So what equipment/materia should one be giving their tilith?

We've had that discussion all over discord, I think in the end we decided that Refia type gear is for the best. A gimmick build is to go for as much MP regen as possible so you can full heal every turn, but that sacrifices her defense and SPR an makes her mega squishy.

Here's mine:

I use the ribbon for arena matches.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 17, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
3% extra MP Refresh (from like Vestment of Mind) and a nearly full MP potted Tilith on a mage-type Esper (ie- anything that gives her 350 MP total) will regen almost exactly 45 MP/turn, which is enough for full heal each turn.

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

Spent a few of the Mog tickets chasing Tilith.

Gold crystal!

Vanille.

gently caress.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

Threw a ticket at Tilith banner.

Who's the Rainbow?

It's Rem! :shepicide:

Rem is very good. A 6* red mage with auto-revive, who doesn't suck.

Rem is way better if you have her exclusive Siphon Delta materia, though. It reduces the enemy team to autoattacks in the Arena, which means your other four team members can be whatever you like.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Not at the moment, I needed actual firepower (as much as Noctis brings, anyway) to carry my BF units through the thing. Sorry bout that.

I still couldn't beat Ultros but now I have to use my energy for grinding out crimson ore for two weeks. Thank you for trying though! Maybe after this event.

Perhaps 6* Tilith and 6* WoL will make that fight trivial... Tilith does have some monster healing, and that's the main problem with that fight, a defensive matrix that does not crumble when you hit a threshold.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

We've had that discussion all over discord, I think in the end we decided that Refia type gear is for the best. A gimmick build is to go for as much MP regen as possible so you can full heal every turn, but that sacrifices her defense and SPR an makes her mega squishy.

Here's mine:

I use the ribbon for arena matches.

I don't think you NEED to sacrifice Defense and SPR.

Here's what I think I could put together by the end of July. Assuming I pull a few Lennas and Roselias during the month of Free Pulls. More HP than yours, more MP, more defensive stats, and 3 sources of Refresh.

I would totally switch Vestments of Mind for Rainbow Robe if I had it, but I do not.

Tilith 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Staff of Wrath +30ATK+20DEF+40SPR
Head: Soul Crown +20DEF/SPR+5%Elemental Resistance
Body: Vestment of Mind +40DEF+35SPR
Accessory 1: Soluna Ring +30MP+15%Light/Dark
Accessory 2: Arsha's Talisman +20%HP+10%DEF+10%SPR
Ability 1: Equip Staff Can equip Staves
Ability 2: Seal of Protection +20% DEF +20%SPR +10%HP
Ability 3: Emperor's Majesty +20%HP/ATK +MP Recovery
Ability 4: Pure Heart +15%HP/MP +20%SPR
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 34
Esper: Carbuncle HP:3350 MP:5780 ATK:1940 DEF:3270 MAG:4450 SPR:6330
Total Stats: HP: 5602 MP: 421 ATK: 205 DEF: 284 MAG: 221 SPR: 477

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
what content would a 100% evade unit be useful for?

and would fohlen or lightning be better

looking to gear one up just for fun

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cry Havoc posted:

Fohlen is a better chainer, and there are spears for most damage types.

But...

Lightning has more elemental types in her skillset and can equip more weapon types, including the evade katana. You can also get her Magic Evade up to 30% if you Awaken Lightspeed and get her Lucky Bangles.

Lightning is better overall for evasion builds, I think, if you crunch the numbers.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Cry Havoc posted:

Any boss that is 100% physical attacks can be cheesed with 100% evade. (That's why we've gotten fewer and fewer.)

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

Any boss that is 100% physical attacks can be cheesed with 100% evade. (That's why we've gotten fewer and fewer.)

Add to this, anything that's attacks are all one single element can be cheesed with a 100% evade lightning or ling thats also geared for 100-150% resist in that element.

As an example, unless ELT maxwell throws in some crazy twist, all of her attacks will be either phsyical or light element, with a -50% light debuff. As Dana posted earlier, a lightning build with 150% light resist and 100% evasion will be able to cheese it. (sadly I dont have enough melodies of life to make that build, im one garnet short)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I was able to beat Echidna. All missions.

Ling or Black Cat Lid or someone else that can throw up Blind and Silence are a must. As long as you can keep up Protectga and Shellga, and have confusion immunity, and either someone with Provoke or Fingersnap, you're good.

I left the Safety Bit on Snow but brought Cecil. Still did it. I used the (f2p) party configuration recommended on the last YouTube entry on the wiki.

After a while I just let Bartz lay there on the ground, it wasn't worth it to keep him upright.

Now, all I need to do is the Ultros Boogie. I came across a possible way to do it, either GameFAQs or Reddit, using Marie and having everyone else's Earth resistance at at least 30% from espers, and the Windup Titan, with Gaia Gears on the rest of the team so that Marie can basically remove the threat of Magnitude 8 with her buffs. Might work with Minfilia, too.

I've only got the one Setzer, but plenty of Poach and Aquan-killer materia. The trick is keeping everyone alive long enough for Setzer to do ridiiiiiiiculous amounts of damage with Double Dice.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's Frostbite.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What do I do with two Lukas?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

jabro posted:

What do I do with two Lukas?

the same thing I did with four lukas that I pulled yesterday. Smush'em, they're not worth it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

the same thing I did with four lukas that I pulled yesterday. Smush'em, they're not worth it.

Disagree. I just finished my Luka TM with the 5 i'd stockpiled. The SPR/MP combo is great for Tilith and Y'shtola and the water resist is nice as well.

I wouldn't rush the TM, but I'd save them until I got 3-5 then grind them out fast. I was grinding them when I got my third copy, then chasing King I hit 2 on back to back pulls.

edit: After not seeing any Metal Gods, I ran into 3 triple packs in 5 runs. Good times.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jun 17, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Pulled 14 tickets yesterday, all blues, all garbage.

Today: saw my first and only metal god spawn, figured "okay, the rng luck is briefly with me, let's do one more ticket pull". Got a Tillith, I'm done with this banner.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

Disagree. I just finished my Luka TM with the 5 i'd stockpiled. The SPR/MP combo is great for Tilith and Y'shtola and the water resist is nice as well.

I wouldn't rush the TM, but I'd save them until I got 3-5 then grind them out fast. I was grinding them when I got my third copy, then chasing King I hit 2 on back to back pulls.

edit: After not seeing any Metal Gods, I ran into 3 triple packs in 5 runs. Good times.

if you want SPR, Ilias is better, if you want the mix, Refia is better. I won't say it's completely garbage, but eh, there's better ones out there for what it offers.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Daily pull gold, reformed into rainbow.

Fryevia. And I saved her moogles, because I am a crazy person.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

if you want SPR, Ilias is better, if you want the mix, Refia is better. I won't say it's completely garbage, but eh, there's better ones out there for what it offers.

I haven't pulled an Ilias, but I do have 1 copy of Refia's done; which I did first. I'd say it's about the same as Refia's though. You're trading 5% SPR for 5% mp and 20% Water Resist. Unless you absolutely are going for max SPR, you won't notice the SPR loss, but you will notice the extra 10~ mp and you'll definitely appreciate the water resist on bosses that use a water attack.

Even considering Refia and Ilias then it's still only 3rd best SPR overall. Definitely worth saving and grinding, doubly so if you don't have either Refia or Ilias.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Managed to get myself an Elza. My first thought was "Nice, a bonus unit for the event!" My second thought was "another Spear user?"

How good is she? I see she has a really strong break and some buffing, but where does she fit into a team?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Echophonic posted:

Managed to get myself an Elza. My first thought was "Nice, a bonus unit for the event!" My second thought was "another Spear user?"

How good is she? I see she has a really strong break and some buffing, but where does she fit into a team?

She's a nice solid DPS unit but unfortunately she won't chain with anybody and she won't endcap a chain either. That leaves her on the outside looking in on most whale teams. However, she builds a LB as fast as Olive so if there's a LB mission she can help out there. Overall she gets a B+, but she'll probably not be on most A teams.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Gold 1/2 pull gave me yet another Leon. I think he trolls me more than Hope does at this point. It also means that out of 6 or 7 gold crystals I've pulled, only one has been on-banner. That's some serious bullshit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If you're going for Kelsus, you want all the shards King Mog is selling.

Awakening Kelsus takes 60 shards, according to the wiki.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Culled everybody who's been gone two weeks or more, and I now have a triple man-eater Elza with 17 slots to fill at 103,135,071

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I managed to pull a Vargas chasing Tilith (Got no Tilith of course). It can solo the event, so good for new people.

Normally I run a Fryevia MAG build or a max dodge Noctis.

I also cleaned up my friendlist, so add me! 087002101

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Game's trolling me. Daily was a blue to gold... Refia! So I figure I'll throw another in and get another gold... Luka! One more got me Rakashaka. Gumi! :argh:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Would people say Seria's TM is a must for tanks? I still haven't gotten her and it's driving me nuts.

Meanwhile I have 4 Karls which would be nice for Hybrid users, except Letters and Arms seems to have rendered his TM all but useless.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Got my first triple Metal Gods and the run earned me about 18k ore. :hellyeah:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I have deleted five people who have not played in over two weeks or so.

634,188,308 for a maxed out Maxwell goonbuddy, I usually have Orlandeu, Marie or Ling up depending on the general content needs, though I may put up my Fohlen once I get him up to 100% Evade, currently at 60%.

(Need to start grinding out 20-Sided Die and finish the two Quick Assaults at 70% or so to get Fohlen to 100%)

The Orlandeu is at 850 ATK, so I am Finally Helping! (There is a Blade Master cooking for him as well, so 850 is not the finished product.

Anyway, 634,188,308, five spots reserved for people with goony friend messages.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Does anybody know which awakenings are worth pursuing at the moment? I have Ace, Firion (who needs full awakening), CoD, Bartz, Chizuru, Bartz, and Mercedes who seem worthwhile. I know most of the story units aren't really worth the effort. Basically, I want to know what I should be dumping stupid amounts of resources into.

Also, I finally won the gacha lottery and got Aileen recently. (Would've been better last week but it's not like I would've had time to really work with her anyway.) Any suggestions on that front? Thanks in advance.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Aileen benefits most from her own TM.
Ace seems like the best best for ability awakening. His Trilaser becomes a ridiculous imperil with a 10% chance of 30x damage, and Spirit hand becomes an AoE mana battery for free pretty much. He's gone from troll rainbow to high tier support now.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

HGH posted:

He's gone from troll rainbow to high tier support now.

Support/DPS!

For my Firion, I maxed out Lance, maxed out fin Briar, but only put one point into Legend killer.

Bartz is really marginal, sadly, as much as I love him. Same with Chizuru, outside of increasing her dodge. Mercedes is good if you pull Tidus or want to build a water damage gimmick team, but you could outfit any other two or three characters for the same price.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 17, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
The currency rate this grind is actually very solid, a few metal gods later and I have bought all the normal stuff, just need to buy the three accessories, another Vernard, and I'm "done". I will probably spend the next week and a half grinding more currency for crysts, since the rate is so good.

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

I've got 4 slots free and drew Vargas while chasing Tilith. He's got 827 attack so he'll help out for this event, I normally run TG Cid. My friend code is 497,113,865.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I awakened and maxxed my two Fohlens, one with the 2500 Lapis bundle, the other with stuff bought from the Moogle King. I know, probably a huge waste of Lapis on the long run but having two 6 star units, especially Fohlens, is a godsend right now. Thanks to you cool goons for lending me your units, I wouldn't be anywhere near another 6 star Fohlen without you helping me clear the 25 NRG event :)

These two Fohlens are able to run the 25 NRG event practically by themselves, despite having extremely lovely gear and me not even having enough passive Abilities to fully equip them. Also, I won my first Colloseum match ever with them this morning! Against a team with Tilith no less, they just insta-killed her!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i sort of want to trim some of my units, keeping nine ignus is probably way overkill right? i know some units really shine with four L&A but the odds that i need to get eight total probably are not great

i finally smooshed my ludmillas down to seven since i doubt i will ever need more than five dualcast but also having a few extra will make it go a little faster. probably dont need two wol? definitely dont need eight?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

rabidsquid posted:

i sort of want to trim some of my units, keeping nine ignus is probably way overkill right? i know some units really shine with four L&A but the odds that i need to get eight total probably are not great

i finally smooshed my ludmillas down to seven since i doubt i will ever need more than five dualcast but also having a few extra will make it go a little faster. probably dont need two wol? definitely dont need eight?

i'm sure i'll grind my 13 ingus someday

although i mostly just seem to keep buying more unit slots - up to 550 now :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm happy with my unit management. With TM power creep, I'm smooshing a lot of old ones. Also weeding out copy units of TMs that I want, but not enough to ever run multiples of to speed it up.

• Locked thread