Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's gonna be really funny when adam cole is still in nxt in two years and mike bennett is smackdown champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TUS posted:

Mike Bennett was one of my favorite parts of the Beyond Wrestling shows I went to :smith:
Go to better shows

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I would mention his impossible blandness but then again the title program right now is Randy/Jinder so...

say what you want about mike bennet but he has his entire act down pat and doesn't have to learn to work wwe style

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

say what you want about mike bennet but he has his entire act down pat and doesn't have to learn to work wwe style

Oh I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm jussayin' Bennett is bland af.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm jussayin' Bennett is bland af.

I'm not sure what the word bland has to do with Jinder, though

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

Mike Bennett is basically the most WWE ready wrestler you could pick from outside of WWE.

what about soon to be ROH champion Cody

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

what about soon to be ROH champion Cody

Okay of people who have never been in WWE.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm not sure what the word bland has to do with Jinder, though

Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal is the most bland title feud possible so WWE doesn't care if Bennett is bland and I can't imagine him being a downgrade.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
24 hours before the show and basically nothing is decided yet

code:
Jinder Mahal -600
Randy Orton +400

Baron Corbin -350
Shinsuke Nakamura +500
Sami Zayn +1150
AJ Styles +1350
Kevin Owens +2000
Dolph Ziggler +5500

The Usos -260
The New Day +180

Carmella -210
Charlotte Flair +350
Natalya +650
Becky Lynch +900
Tamina +5000

Naomi -210
Lana +160
I'm guessing the odds swing to Charlotte, since she's the designated "win every Historic Women's Thing" person. And maybe Lana steals a win and then Charlotte saves us from an actual Lana title reign.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I could easily see it staying Carmella because a James Ellsworth briefcase servant thing seems right up their alley

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Only things I'm confident in are 1) Jinder, and 2) women's match staying close, especially if there's a 6th entrant (Maria) who will win

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like betting on Bennett to win the case would be more likely to win than Ziggler at this point, and Miracle Mike isn't even an option.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh boy, it's another "all the heels win" PPV. Really loving tired of heels always winning, especially with all but one champ being a heel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jinder isn't a heel you racist.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/GuyInGreenWWE/status/876282090823663616

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Jinder isn't a heel you racist.

Yes he is and this gimmick bullshit isn't funny.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Why post it if its just an image of Epico?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes he is and this gimmick bullshit isn't funny.

Now, now, don't have another tantrum and leave.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

That is a hilariously bad Photoshop or there is some crazy perspective stuff going on there

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Interested to see what WWE does w/ Maria as they put Bully Ray back in the camo gear when he returned

Anticipating full on 2006 Diva Maria.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

WrasslorMonkey posted:

That is a hilariously bad Photoshop or there is some crazy perspective stuff going on there

It threw me too but it's just that waist high metal thing making it all look weird. Maria, Mike and Epico appear about the same height.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mike Bennett loving sucks and i dont know if i will get probated for saying this but Maria has a nice rear end and still sucks at everything wrestling related. They should have signed that nice tna lady who i dont who she is, the blonde face in the wedding segment

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jun 18, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mike Bennett is really good actually.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal is the most bland title feud possible so WWE doesn't care if Bennett is bland and I can't imagine him being a downgrade.

Look I know Randy is broing but Jinder is working with what he's given.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

Look I know Randy is broing but Jinder is working with what he's given.

Jinder is worse.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i hope jinder doubles his diet and exercise regiment and gets Big Poppa Pump levels of big, where his biceps have their own biceps

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

i hope jinder doubles his diet and exercise regiment and gets Big Poppa Pump levels of big, where his biceps have their own biceps

Impossible, Jinder is not a genetic freak

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

rovert posted:

Interested to see what WWE does w/ Maria as they put Bully Ray back in the camo gear when he returned

Anticipating full on 2006 Diva Maria.

are there, or have there ever been, different iterations of Maria Kanellis' gear other than "the pants get shorter and shorter"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i vaguely remember a gimmick of her being an extreme moron or something so maybe rovert was referring to either that or whatever her actual thing was that i misremembered

was that a gimmick

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, she had a gimmick where she basically had the mind of a child. Which could be kind of charming or funny at times but then they made it super creepy by constantly putting her in romance and sexual angles.

In a weird way I find her post WWE career of overt sexuality less objectifying because she's presented more as an adult actively using her sexuality instead of some child. Hell, I've always basically read her and Mike Bennet as her being the half in charge and him being the "second."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Maria was the only reason anyone gave a poo poo about The Kingdom

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

everyone in the kingdom was good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Super No Vacancy posted:

everyone in the kingdom was good

Politely disagree

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cavauro posted:

i vaguely remember a gimmick of her being an extreme moron or something so maybe rovert was referring to either that or whatever her actual thing was that i misremembered

was that a gimmick

Dumber Bayley.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rovert posted:

Dumber Bayley.

Maybe I missed stuff because I'm an irregular viewer but from my take Bayley's not "dumb", she's just nice. Perhaps to a naive level in the world of wrestling, but I've never seen anything beyond maybe the very first weeks of her gimmick that made her seem like she wasn't aware the world sucked. She just wanted it to be better with hugs. Its arguably "childish" but like she's just got a positive world view, she's not got the mind of a child.

WWE Maria was a full blown moron. If I remember it right it started pretty simple with her just making inquisitive faces during interviews and then saying something kind of surprisingly dumb at the end that made you chuckle. But then like most WWE gimmicks they ramped it up to the point where you could paint a tunnel on the wall and she'd try to go through it. And then a bunch of dudes creeped on her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYmgkoYHWvI

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 18, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She made a mistake in an interview early on and they decided to make her retarded.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Still no major odds shifts, which tells me there's going to be a lot of deeply, deeply stupid finishes tonight.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Benne posted:

Still no major odds shifts, which tells me there's going to be a lot of deeply, deeply stupid finishes tonight.

Good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

God I hate it when I'm right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

right on the money