Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spellman
May 31, 2011

They should make a 2P co-op Captain Toad & Toadette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Scholtz posted:

I'm way more excited for the Odyssey stage, which is pretty much as big as if you smashed New Pork(donk) City, Palutena's Temple, and Temple together.

It's the only map allowed for the special 50 man melee online mode

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Scholtz posted:

I'm way more excited for the Odyssey stage, which is pretty much as big as if you smashed New Pork(donk) City, Palutena's Temple, and Temple together.

The Cappy item is going to be a clusterfuck. You take control of whoever it is you're fighting against, you'd assume the first thing a player would do is immediately try and walk/jump them off the stage right?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Breath of the Wild stage just never ends, until you're both dots after going opposite directions and then the system crashes.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

BOTW stage you just keep climbing until you get killed by a rock monster or a Lynel out of nowhere.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Scholtz posted:

You forgot The Great Cave Offensive.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Dunkey is extremely wrong for saying 3D World is weak

I'd just switch 3D World and Land and then agree with him.
Also I'd say I like Galaxy more than Sunshine. Despite Sunshine's wonderful movement and awesome setting, it has some really bizarre and annoying design choices that were really out of place in a Mario game for how unpolished they were.

I'm interested to see what skilled gameplay of Odyssey will look like.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Dunkey is extremely wrong for saying 3D World is weak

That dude's kinda funny but anytime he goes for like serious critical analysis he is so full of poo poo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Augus posted:

Also I'd say I like Galaxy more than Sunshine.

The least controversial opinion

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Your banana joy cons are up

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/876814438380294145

Edit:

Also if you need a battery extension

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/876817943350431745

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 19, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I'm surprised they didn't go for making the yellow ones ARMS-themed/branded, considering that's pretty much what they are anyway.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why in the world would you ever need a battery extension for a joycon.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

12 hour cocaine fueled Mario Kart rooftop parties my dude.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

RCarr posted:

12 hour cocaine fueled Mario Kart rooftop parties my dude.

You'll still have 8 hours left.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

If these aren't stupidly overpriced I might pick them up just to make the Joy-cons more comfortable/substantial to hold.

Edit: $35 get the gently caress outta here. At least they come with batteries, I guess.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah I have never seen these thing run out of battery.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

enojy posted:

If these aren't stupidly overpriced I might pick them up just to make the Joy-cons more comfortable/substantial to hold.

Thirty-five American dollarydoos

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm surprised they didn't go for making the yellow ones ARMS-themed/branded, considering that's pretty much what they are anyway.

Would you really throw your neon eggs in that basket

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
U.S. is getting that garish Spla2n pro-controller but not the watermelon joy-cons, what the heck

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lakbay posted:

U.S. is getting that garish Spla2n pro-controller but not the watermelon joy-cons, what the heck

We live in the worst timeline. I'm going to spend entirely too much money to import them from Japan.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stan Taylor posted:

That dude's kinda funny but anytime he goes for like serious critical analysis he is so full of poo poo.

He doesnt.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

The one where he was talking about how great Banjo Kazooie was vs Yooka Laylee is what I was thinking of.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

We live in the worst timeline. I'm going to spend entirely too much money to import them from Japan.

I pre-ordered one of the Spla2n themed JoyCon covers from KeysFactory via PlayAsia

Hopefully my bank doesn't freak out like last time I ordered from PlayAsia

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol is there a single game someone has said isn't perfect for switch? Its a meme now.

Look, once you put Skyrim on something, basically nothing is off the table anymore.

Just give me Lumines though. :smith:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mister Facetious posted:

Look, once you put Skyrim on something, basically nothing is off the table anymore.

Just give me Lumines though. :smith:

I think Skyrim's great for the Switch, if for no other reason than to just say "look guys, it can run this benchmark game well".

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
The Switch is the perfect platform for Skyrim.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think Skyrim's great for the Switch, if for no other reason than to just say "look guys, it can run this benchmark game well".

I don't think Skyrim is a benchmark anymore

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

El Burbo posted:

I don't think Skyrim is a benchmark anymore

For a poo poo-hot PC or PS4, no, but it is for that weird little tablet thing that Nintendo just released and people are curious about...

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm expecting Skyrim on Android/iOS since they also just announced a VR version

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

There's no way they won't release here, I just think they're holding back because of the fuckton of accessories that are already on the market

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The Nintendo Switch is the perfect platform for Super Mario Odyssey.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Skyrim is the new Doom, in the sense that it was ported to every system and also Palm Pilots, calculators and toasters.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Doom confirmed for Switch.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

A guy on Neogaf who claims to be a Capcom insider and correctly leaked/speculated MH World for PS4, and said Capcom has no current plans to localize MHXX, is saying Capcom has already started on MH for Switch.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

As much as I love the mp that Arms and MK8 provides I'm really looking forward to a FPS on Switch.

Doesn't have to be BF or COD but something that is designed for quick matches, maybe a CS style round.

Don't say Spla2n.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 19, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The Conduit 3

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Switch would be the perfect platform for Witcher 3

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Rufio posted:

Switch would be the perfect platform for Witcher 3

I'd probably play it then.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I love the Switch but as dyed in the wool lifelong PC gamer I'm not interested in any FPS games on a console that I could play on a PC instead. Overwatch and Titanfall 2 with a controller feel soooooo bad compared to M/KB, as God intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

A guy on Neogaf who claims to be a Capcom insider and correctly leaked/speculated MH World for PS4, and said Capcom has no current plans to localize MHXX, is saying Capcom has already started on MH for Switch.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

It would be stupid not to. Capcom considers XX to be under performing despite selling over 1.5 million in Japan alone before the Switch version has even been released. No PS4 game, let alone a not portable MH, has broken a million sales in Japan. I also doubt there's enough MH fans on the PS4 to make up that difference. MHW's entire purpose is to try to build a base in the west for MH. I only hope they also bring over the portable MH to the west too cause I don't really want a non-portable MH

• Locked thread