Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Randy Orton is a racist shithead who doesn't deserve another title run, and while Jinder isn't a good wrestler and his run hasn't been great so far it'll be worth it when Sami beats him and Corbin cashes in.

...right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venomous posted:

Randy Orton is a racist shithead who doesn't deserve another title run, and while Jinder isn't a good wrestler and his run hasn't been great so far it'll be worth it when Sami beats him and Corbin cashes in.

...right?

Hopefully not.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raw's getting TLC and SD is getting HIAC

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I hope Ellsworth cashes in and wins the title and holds it long enough to break the record for longest reign

By that I mean Moolah's reign

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

ladies and gentlemen, your winner of the second ever women's hell in a cell, james ellsworth

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Ironically this goes back to what I and fart blood were saying last night, where we were on different sides.

As I said then: Why are people so hesitant to say something they like is trash? There's no need to jump through hoops and say that actually this was 8th dimensional chess and the womens MITB match was just too smart for everyone else but the people who liked it to comprehend

That's the thing about my generally positive attitude. I defend WWE as a whole because despite the poo poo there are other things I enjoy. But that finish was garbage, no two ways about it.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

The crowd went nuclear when he began climbing the ladder and when he grabbed the case, there was some confusion on whether he was keeping it. But when he dropped it to Carmella (he also had the smuggest face ever) and the bell was rang, the crowd erupted again with boos.

Unfortunately, the refs arguing about the call brought the crowd back down because they thought the match could restart. After that, the crowd was deflated. I was surprised at how much Carmella got cheered later on when she came out to tease cashing it in.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ladies and gentlemen, your winner of the second ever women's hell in a cell, james ellsworth

If prop bets are available, bet the house on Charlotte finally jumping off the cell

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
SD has been poo poo since AJ lost the title in my unbiased opinion

Although the Nakamura tease was very good so hopefully they don't gently caress that up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

SD has been poo poo since AJ lost the title in my unbiased opinion

Although the Nakamura tease was very good so hopefully they don't gently caress that up

Miz and Maryse doing their thing + AJ still putting on awesome matches still kept it alive through WM, but Orton winning the title + Cena loving off again + Miz and Maryse getting banished to RAW was a death knell.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Smackdown has a bunch of super over people that they don't use because they're afraid of success.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kawalimus posted:

I'm still sad they got rid of the Orton/Wyatt thing as quick as they did. Those two guys were benefiting greatly from that in my opinion and it's a situation where I think they should have scrapped the obvious plan to turn Orton and done something else.

It's weird. Those guys had really good chemistry as partners and absou-loving-lutely zero chemistry as opponents.

Not that they ever really got a REAL chance to go in the ring, but still.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

The crowd went nuclear when he began climbing the ladder and when he grabbed the case, there was some confusion on whether he was keeping it. But when he dropped it to Carmella (he also had the smuggest face ever) and the bell was rang, the crowd erupted again with boos.

Unfortunately, the refs arguing about the call brought the crowd back down because they thought the match could restart. After that, the crowd was deflated. I was surprised at how much Carmella got cheered later on when she came out to tease cashing it in.

If Nakamura and Styles did not have the staredown, Elseworth climbing the ladder would have been the bigegst pop of the night. That is hilarious

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Uhhhhhh hold on a second Rollins vs. Lesnar in a TLC match might actually be the loving tits?

SmackDown has done extremely well with its gimmick matches, so I would be cautiously excited for whatever they do for Hell in a Cell.,

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the biggest problem with the first MITB match last night was that it was lame as hell and had no cool bumps befitting of the gimmick

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
this was also the case in the Charlotte vs. Sasha Hell in a Cell!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/fgif/status/876630093518581760

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bard Maddox posted:

this was also the case in the Charlotte vs. Sasha Hell in a Cell!

Man, that match had some problems sure, but you can't say that Sasha didn't bump her rear end off in that one. She took a power bomb through a table before it even started!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A HIAC without Mick Foley suicide is worse than a normal cage.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

VJeff posted:

Man, that match had some problems sure, but you can't say that Sasha didn't bump her rear end off in that one. She took a power bomb through a table before it even started!

They tried a bit too hard with the whole 'So wrecked, must leave the match WAIT SHE IS COMING BACK AMAZING'.
The ending sequence with the table that would not break was unfortunate

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I bet HHH made the Women's MITB bad and won by a man so that he can cancel it forever because for some reason people didnt like it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

VJeff posted:

Uhhhhhh hold on a second Rollins vs. Lesnar in a TLC match might actually be the loving tits?

SmackDown has done extremely well with its gimmick matches, so I would be cautiously excited for whatever they do for Hell in a Cell.,

I will completely turn around on Brock if he does a shooting star press off a ladder

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Is Brock actually booked for TLC? Seems after Summerslam he would gently caress off til Survivor Series.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Get rid of both these shows and bring back Halloween Havoc and Starrcade

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

projecthalaxy posted:

I bet HHH made the Women's MITB bad and won by a man so that he can cancel it forever because for some reason people didnt like it.
I bet Bayley's soul was broken the second she heard how she was being booked in gorilla while HHH just stood there not saying anything to save her.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Is Brock actually booked for TLC?

Unknown at the moment. As with anything Brock, assume "no" and then be happy on the rare time that changes

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oatgan posted:

ESPN gave Randy/Jinder 4.25 points out of 5

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Unknown at the moment. As with anything Brock, assume "no" and then be happy on the rare time that changes

Or unhappy, according to taste.

Man reading through this thread, watching PPVs other than big four seems like a worse and worse idea as time goes on.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
it's 6/19 today

booyaka

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

dont even fink about it posted:

Man reading through this thread, watching wwe seems like a worse and worse idea as time goes on.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Usually with Brock, I'd absolutely agree with you on this

But I'm an idiot who thinks if a company is going to have a belt, it should be on TV more than once every blue moon cycle

Say whatever you want about Jinder being a world champ, but at least he's loving there every week

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The AJ hanging from the briefcase spot really just made me wish they would do a finish with someone getting briefcase while hanging from it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Man reading through this thread, watching PPVs other than big four seems like a worse and worse idea as time goes on.

I'm at the point where I renew my Network subscription in January for the Rumble and April for Mania, and that's it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

The AJ hanging from the briefcase spot really just made me wish they would do a finish with someone getting briefcase while hanging from it.

tbh he was doing such a good job of climbing the rope i actually thought that was going to be the finish

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Usually with Brock, I'd absolutely agree with you on this

But I'm an idiot who thinks if a company is going to have a belt, it should be on TV more than once every blue moon cycle

Say whatever you want about Jinder being a world champ, but at least he's loving there every week

I hate Jinder more than anyone here and this​ is gospel.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

VJeff posted:

It's weird. Those guys had really good chemistry as partners and absou-loving-lutely zero chemistry as opponents.

Not that they ever really got a REAL chance to go in the ring, but still.

Some guys are just like that. I mean look at the Hardys. Aside from the Broken stuff, was there any real heat in any of their feuds against each other? No not really. I barely remember anything they ever did wrestling each other.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

unfortunately

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I hate Jinder more than anyone here and this​ is gospel.

im going to kick your rear end

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I think WWE should follow Lesnar's recipe for being a good champ with all wrestlers and just have no wrestlers on RAW at all. It's not like it would be any worse and not wrestling at all will get you over better than following WWEs booking.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbh he was doing such a good job of climbing the rope i actually thought that was going to be the finish

Yeah, so did I, hence wanting it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol that women's ladder match finish seems abhorrent. women's revolution.

sounds like the only thing I missed by not watching was a build up to a better match at like summerslam.

I legit haven't watched a PPV since Wrestlemania and I'm glad

• Locked thread