Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/876952397662257152

Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Not defending the man, just saying let's let Embiid play more minutes than Greg Oden before we make fun of people for ice cold takes.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lockback posted:

Embiid hasn't played meaningful minutes yet (less than 800 in the 3 years since drafted) and they didn't use the picks, they just traded some to move up. I assume that's what he meant by "They'll never use those picks" because otherwise its pretty nonsensical.

Howard Eskin and nonsensical go together like butter and toast.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Defending Howard eskin hahahahahaha

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
LeBron is going to be the first player-coach-GM.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lol if the Cavs owner ruined LeBron's best shot at another ring because he's an rear end in a top hat

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hire Hinkie, Gilbert you poo poo

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Hire Hinkie, Gilbert you poo poo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Next Windhorst/Lowe podcast is going to be 60 minutes of pure Gilbert attacks. Those guys liked Griffin a lot and that organization leaks like a sieve.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/876903668133502976

NBA Offseason is undefeated.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Yo LeBron James never played in the NCAA tournament either, I'm just sayin

WhyteRyce posted:

Lol if the Cavs owner ruined LeBron's best shot at another ring because he's an rear end in a top hat

It will be funnier when LeBron leaves again

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
F5 season came early

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm fine with lebron going to LA

He accomplished his mission in CLE

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

gently caress Dan Gilbert.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

How. With what, a 2030 cavs pick?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
they will live in LA as Lebron becomes the king of kings in Sacromento

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

WhyteRyce posted:

Would Jimmy Butler really be their best option at getting over the top though?
e: they'd have to dump Love and a few other fillers and probably some future picks, I just don't see it

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Well, there goes any chance of them signing David Griffin's son Blake to a deal.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tae posted:

Only way it works is with 3 teams with love going out I guess

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The only good part of LeBron in LA is that there are a ton of Laker fans who poo poo on him constantly out of some sort of weird Kobe loyalty/insecurity and it will be very funny to watch them have to quickly backtrack

Tae posted:

Kevin Love is very good

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/876950011149471744?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Would Jimmy Butler really be their best option at getting over the top though?
e: they'd have to dump Love and a few other fillers and probably some future picks, I just don't see it

Butler without losing their big 3, I think that leaves them inline to challenge GSW.

If it means losing Love, probably puts them right around where they were, so no.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lady deserves a dang medal for agreeing to live in ohio for this long. even when lebron played in miami they lived in loving ohio jfc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Butler is much better in a finals than love.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

WhyteRyce posted:

With predictably already hearing that McCaw looks good so Igoudala leaving isn't that big of a deal

nobody is saying that

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ghost Dog posted:

lady deserves a dang medal for agreeing to live in ohio for this long. even when lebron played in miami they lived in loving ohio jfc

She's also from there and it was her choice at the time iirc. She was part of the reason he went back to the Cavs too.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Butler would make a lot more sense for the Cavs than George.

lmao that Gilbert fired his GM for not being able to pull a deal for Jimmy Butler out if thin air

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

http://media.gettyimages.com/videos/shot-over-house-of-lebron-james-akron-ohio-united-states-video-id179625273

Must have been a real chore

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Butler without losing their big 3, I think that leaves them inline to challenge GSW.

If it means losing Love, probably puts them right around where they were, so no.

Yeah. If they can get PG or Butler without giving up Love then they are in a great spot. But giving up Love is just swapping around deck chairs for a pattern that maybe matches the boat design a little nicer

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Do you think Gilbert called Lebron and he approved ? Or is he indifferent and not answering ? Or like passive aggressive and being like "do what you gotta do , bro"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Butler dominates the ball a lot more offensively, I'd rather have George if I already had LeBron and Kyrie

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Lebron is going to go from team to team, leaving each after they have exhausted every bit of luxury tax penalties they can pay. Lakers are the ultimate challenge.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

warcrimes posted:

nobody is saying that

Hi warcrimes I didn't realize you spoke for every Warriors fan online glad to meet such a prestigious online poster

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When did LeBron even get married? I guess he glhas been for a while, but I completely missed that

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Shear Modulus posted:

Butler would make a lot more sense for the Cavs than George.

lmao that Gilbert fired his GM for not being able to pull a deal for Jimmy Butler out if thin air

There was a tweet that Griffin was still working on a trade to get Butler before he got the axe.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

Butler is much better in a finals than love.

If Butler is the third option, his numbers will fall just like Bosh and Love's did. Love was a WS > .230, PER > 25 player just like Butler. Butler is also just 1 year younger, so it's not like there's a big difference in age or anything.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When did LeBron even get married? I guess he glhas been for a while, but I completely missed that

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Eltoasto posted:

Lebron is going to go from team to team, leaving each after they have exhausted every bit of luxury tax penalties they can pay. Lakers are the ultimate challenge.

Everywhere in the world, the roving Ohioan takes his pleasure and his profit, indifferent to all risks. He drops anchor at random.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
what would a Love-less trade for butler look like? Thompson, some bench guys, and future picks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Talking about the finals against the warriors .

It's even in my post . I used the phrase "the finals"

• Locked thread